Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 46

2007-09-13 1:23 PM
in reply to: #801361

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Subject: Calling the season DONE!

Hey folks!  After much thought, deliberation, and calendar sorting, I think I'm calling my 2007 triathlon season done.  I had planned on doing a sprint in October, but I had some conflicts come up for that date, and rather than try to shuffle my whole life around to get one more race in, I'm going to start my off-season instead.  Besides, after the crazies of the last month, I'm just plain tired!!

This season was by far the best I've had yet.  I saw big improvements in my run in particular, and I'm overall much much stronger and slimmer than I was at this same time last year.  Kudos to all of you and particularly our stud-muffin mentor Rich for putting me on the right track!

So...now it's on to off-season training.  Rich, any suggestions on how I should be approaching this?  In past years I've sort of done my training ad hoc depending on the weather with no real schedule to speak of.  I think I'd like to be a bit more organized this time around.

Edited by katzchen55 2007-09-13 1:33 PM

2007-09-13 1:57 PM
in reply to: #963589

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Off Season Training
katzchen55 - 2007-09-13 1:23 PM

Rich, any suggestions on how I should be approaching this?  In past years I've sort of done my training ad hoc depending on the weather with no real schedule to speak of.  I think I'd like to be a bit more organized this time around.

Hey Katz!

Your reason for ending your season is legit and valid! At some point, life intercedes and it can create conflict! Kudos about thinking about off season training!

Here are several links that discuss "Off-Season" training:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Michael%20Pate/Oct%20'03%20-%20Tr...
http://www.cruciblefitness.com/etips/LimiterSeason.htm
http://www.howieenduranceproject.com/triathlon_tips/off-season-trai...
http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/triathlon-training/off-season-trai...
http://www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=8426&sidebar=17&category=a...

The cruciblefitness link and the trifuel link are by our PTC Training Coach. I particularly thought that the first link (above) was very helpful, too!

Here is a link to a book called: "the Triathlete's Guide to Off-Season Training"

http://www.pccoach.com/products/books/book_tri_triguideoffseas.htm

Your timing with your question is very good! I encouage everyone to read through the links and then we should have a rather indepth string or discussion regarding this topic.

Let the questions begin!

Rich

2007-09-17 3:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Hey Gang! Weekend Training Report?
Hey Gang!

How was your weekend? Let's hear how your training went, races went, continued renovations on your home .... LOL!

For me I got in the pool and did kick board drills (boring.....) and started breast stroke laps....I could do breast stroke forever......got bored with the breast stroke so turned it into a game to see how little I could make a ripple in the water or splash......

Closest I got to riding a bike was that I visited my LBS (Local Bike Shop) and chatted with the owner in between customers. :p Maybe I can get on the bike soon...... I want to ride.......!!!

So let's hear how you all are doing!

Rich

2007-09-17 4:13 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Rich Miller's Group - FULL

Hey Everyone,

Glad to hear you're doing better, Rich, and the bike shop visit gave you a "quick fix"!

Training is going well.  I've been loosely following the BT plan for the sprint.  I did really well keeping up with the swimming until a few weeks ago.  I just don't like getting in the pool.  I was planning on sucking it up and swimming tonight, but my allergies are terrible right now.  So maybe later in the week.   I haven't actually been riding my bike outdoors, either,  but I have been doing a spin class to keep my legs a movin'.  I've been keeping up with the running though.  My pace is improving which pleases me.  I've been meeting a group of ladies on Wed mornings at 5am.  We run about 5 miles and do circuit training.  And I'm still doing my weight training class which I love!  (and yoga) I'm going to the dr. on Friday to have my thyroid levels checked again.  I think it's low...energy level is fading among other things.   

Next race is Oct. 7.  It's a woman's only sprint.  I hope to do well.     

I'm ready for some cooler weather in Texas!  It's been in the 90's with high humidity all week.  The mornings are getting cooler, but by the afternoon, it's hot and sticky.  Sometimes, beer is the only thing to keep a girl cool!  Y'all have a good one!

Angela

2007-09-17 4:25 PM

User image

Regular
Hey Guys,

I was just getting ready to write! I had a great weekend. On Friday I had a 5k run at 6 p.m. This was organized by the same people who organized the triathlon on Saturday. It is called the Family Fitness Weekend (www.familyfitnessweekend.com).

The 5k was run on sand right next to the beach, this was a very tough course because I felt very unstable running in the sand. Anyhow, I managed to do fairly well and placed 2nd overall with a time of 19:55.

Then Saturday morning, my brother and I got ready and off we went to South Beach. My age group was set to start in the first wave with the elite so I was very excited. My brother would go on the 4th wave. The swim was very nice, the ocean was calm and the water was very clear. I felt really good and I think did the swim in 8 min. Then in the bike, which is definitely my weakest sport, I did ok, the only thing is that I did something wrong while I was shifting and my chain got stuck so I had to stop and fix it. I think I did it in around 33 minutes. Then came my favorite part, the run!! I was happy to go on this course since I had run it the afternoon before so I knew it pretty well. I felt extremely well and just kept passing and passing people. Then after the final turn and with about 100 yards to go, I passed a guy who I then felt was hanging behind me. I then decided to shift gears and start going faster, so did the guy, and so we both ended up in a full sprint. It was a very close finish, but the guy managed to beat me by a nose and the crowd was excited and they were cheering and mostly for the other guy. So I was like, WTF?? Who the hell is this guy? I then found out he was some kid named Shayne Murphy who is ranked 2nd in the nation and 1st in Florida in triathlon in ages 15-19. So it was an exciting race. The only thing which sucked once again was that I was given a dead chip! So I had no splits. Just a final time of 1:05:17.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's a pic of me and the "guy".

My brother did awesome too!! He got FIRST PLACE in the FIRST TIMERS category!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

FR
2007-09-18 7:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA

Hey Rich!  At least you are keeping connected, even if it is not in the usual exciting way you are used to.

Angela, Nice to hear you are getting some great running in.  The weather here in PA has shifted to Fall for sure.  We have been down in the 40s already!  The days are cool and in the 70s with low humidity.  Aaaah.   

Felipe, Great job and great pic!

I hurt myself running Wed night (possibly pulled ligaments in my lower back). Got worse Thurs & Fri.  Couldn't help with renovations -- standing, walking, bending -- all very painful.  Chiro visit Fri and again Mon. Getting better but not 100% yet.  Did get a bike ride in Fri and a swim / fast walk/run in Sat.  I don't take good health for granted; but that doesn't make it any easier to take when you are suffering.  I guess it just makes you appreciate it that much more when you bounce back!  :-)

Good health to you all!  Christine

2007-09-18 12:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Mass Reply
Good Morning GANG!

Fun stuff! Enjoyed reading your posts!!! :p

Angela...... I know that Texas heat......so training in the morning sounds like the best thing to do and there are benefits.....exercising in the morning jump starts your motabolism for the day. But, if all else fails.....pop a cold one for me! Teeheeteeheee!

Felipe! GREAT JOB on your 5K and on the Sprint Tri. Racing against nationally ranked triathletes? Sweet! I have three team members that made it to National USAT Olympic distance and 1 team mate that qualified for World Championships in Germany..... I see CP at the beginning of the team rides and don't see him until coffee at Starbucks...wickedly fast. You'll be up there soon with your hard work and entering in qualifying races.....work on the basics and spend some time on the bike....you will do well!

That is also GREAT news about your brother, too! Is he hooked now? :p

Christine: Aaaaaahhhhhhhh ......Fall weather! Gotta love it! Now take care of the back....should you be riding with pulled ligaments? (I know.....who should talk.....I swam 50 yds freestyle the other day and I paid for it the next day....... Zonks!)

Ran a couple times last week......I think I'm going to attempt the Long Beach International Half-Marathon in mid-October....before my appointment with the surgeon.....might be my last opportunity to race if surgery is in the picture. Yeeeeee hawwwww!

Peace Out!

Rich
2007-09-21 2:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Miami

hey guys,

Hope all is well with you guys, that you are trianing or getting better from injuries...all that good good stuff

Well, and so triathlon season is almost over.....although not in Miami. I have decided to race in november my second Olympic race...haha its in the zoo...so it shall be fun times!

I my big big race on Sunday with Felipe and my older brother, I feel completely ready...my muscles where a bit sore this week but other than that I am quite stoked!  I've been getting tips from other triathletes which always helps and opf course from RICH!!!

i have a short question for Kat and Rich that have done oly's.....do you wear gloves??im guessin it's going to be hot hot hot.... hopefully not tooo windy, the 22 ironman's coach said the wind was KILLER last year on the bike...and we run on concrete and not pavement which makes a big difference whend ealing with heat!! i say bring it on!! ANDI YOU READY FOR YOURS???? its next weekend right?

So guys what are the weekend plans?? any more races this weekend... sedn you all lots of love... rich how are you feeling???? kat your hubby ang , i will see you at white rock! chirs everyone else, how are you all??

2007-09-21 8:29 PM
in reply to: #974625

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
carustol - 2007-09-21 2:20 PM

........ question for Kat and Rich that have done oly's.....do you wear gloves??im guessin it's going to be hot hot hot.... hopefully not tooo windy, the 22 ironman's coach said the wind was KILLER last year on the bike...and we run on concrete and not pavement which makes a big difference whend ealing with heat!! i say bring it on!! ANDI YOU READY FOR YOURS???? its next weekend right?

So guys what are the weekend plans?? any more races this weekend... sedn you all lots of love... rich how are you feeling???? kat your hubby ang , i will see you at white rock! chirs everyone else, how are you all??

Hey CARU! Good to hear from you!

It is a personal choice.....I don't wear the gloves on my current bike.....the handlebars have padding. You can get an attachment to your handlebar that is padding and can take the place of the gloves. I'll try to remember the name of the product and the manufacturer.

Best of luck on your race!

Rich
2007-09-22 7:23 AM
in reply to: #974625

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

Hey Caru!  Good luck on your race this weekend! Can't wait to hear how you and your brothers do...I'm sure you'll kick some serious tail!

Personally, I haven't worn my gloves during my two oly's, partially because I don't want to take the time to put them on in transition, and partially because I have aerobars on my bike and I spend a lot more time on those than I do on my handlebars.

So I'm working through one of the off-season maintenance plans from BT, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated.  I think I'm still mentally recovering from August - I dunno.  We'll see how I feel in a couple more weeks.  Things are settling down a bit.  Hubby went back to work late last week after his knee surgery.  He's doing well, but still pretty uncomfortable and has a looooong way to go before he's 100%.  However, he's set a goal of racing in a sprint tri in April at a tri festival in Galveston (I'll do the oly and my daughter will do the kid's tri). We'll see how it goes!

Love to all of you....good luck with your races!  Rich, take care of that shoulder!

2007-09-22 2:20 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Everyone,

Caru and Felipe...ready for the race tomorrow?  I know both of you and brother will do great!  Caru, no birthday celebration until AFTER the race!  Go kick some booty!

This week, I've noticed a big change in my running pace...I'm getting faster, but not feeling tired!  It's very exciting to me.  I'm actually comfortable at the pace I've been maintaining on my long runs.  Since I still have one more tri, I'm doing a bike/run brick in the morning.  I'll do a couple more short distance bricks this coming week and then taper off. 

Kat, glad to her husband is back to work.  I've looked into the off season BT plans, too.  What do you think of it?  Your weekend next April sounds great for the family!  a sprint, OLY and kid's run!  Don't take off to much time...it's hard to get the momentum going again!  (or at least, for me!)

Rich, shoulder doing better?  Still going to run the 1/2 mary? 

Andi...isn't your first OLY distance this weekend?  I hope you do really well and Good Luck!

Happy Training, downtime, renovating, doctor seeing, b-day celebrating, etc. etc. etc.

Angela

2007-09-22 3:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Hey Gang!

CARU, Felipe and their brother Humberto are racing this weekend. Andi's BIG race is next week! Gooooooooo EVERYONE!!!!!

Hey KATZ: That this great news about your hubby! Hope his pain subsides quickly and his complete recovery is fast!

Hey Angela: Shoulder is "Ehhhhhh"....I've been corresponding with "experts" in different fields and consensus is MRI followed by athroscopic surgery. I missed the Disney Half because of the pain and isolation of the shoulder....but I think I'm going to run the Long Beach Half. Depending upon when or if they schedule the athroscopic procedure, I may get the Pasadena Half Mary in......but, I'm not holding my breath......I really want to be ready to run the Pacific Shoreline Half Mary first weekend of February and the LA Marathon in March......but, we will see! Getting into the water to keep the gills wet, but kickboard drills and breast stroke is boring. Have been running. I'm winding down into winter training already......want to keep the cardio engine going.

Hey KATZ: Regarding getting going on your winter training....dump it for a couple of weeks and go out and have some fun bike rides and runs....just go out and enjoy the weather and company. Seriously!!! Then come back and make decisions on each workout as to its purpose. You are probably on the verge of burnout.....it is difficult to maintain your focus on training for soooooo long for more than a 9 month period.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

Rich
[email protected]
2007-09-23 3:26 AM

User image

Regular
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the wishes!

It's 4:24 a.m. and we are all getting ready!!! It's gonna be fun!

I'll be back with a race report.

Take care, and thanks for all the advice.

FR
2007-09-23 8:16 PM
in reply to: #975340

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

Hey KATZ: Regarding getting going on your winter training....dump it for a couple of weeks and go out and have some fun bike rides and runs....just go out and enjoy the weather and company. Seriously!!! Then come back and make decisions on each workout as to its purpose. You are probably on the verge of burnout.....it is difficult to maintain your focus on training for soooooo long for more than a 9 month period.

Thanks for the advice, Rich.  I think I just needed someone else's permission to do that! Strange how the ol' brain works, huh?  I've only been doing every other workout or so for the past week, but I think I'll just do a few "new" things like my tae bo videos and maybe some rockclimbing for a change of pace.  Besides, now my little boy is sick sick sick and I'm back to playing nurse for a little while this week. Sigh....I'm tired of going to doctor's offices!

2007-09-23 9:59 PM
in reply to: #975980

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
katzchen55 - 2007-09-23 8:16 PM

Besides, now my little boy is sick sick sick and I'm back to playing nurse for a little while this week. Sigh....I'm tired of going to doctor's offices!

I feel for you, Katz! When my son gets sick, my wife gets sick.....I end up going from chief bottle opener and cook to playing doc also.....I don't know how my mother did it! I have seven brothers and sisters. I remember six of us down with chicken pox. I also remember the family having German Measles..... I think that is the last time I remember the doctor coming to the house instead of us going to him.

Hope your son gets better quickly!

Rich
[email protected]
2007-09-24 1:08 PM
in reply to: #975980

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Kat, I'm right there with ya...my little one has been sick and on an antibiotic since Friday.  He's still running a fever today!  I'm home holding him.  Sick kids LOVE their mommas!  Hang in there...I'm just waiting for the others to get sick.  It never fails!  Take care.

2007-09-25 11:00 AM

User image

Regular
Hey GUYS!!!

Sorry for taking so long to post but I have been extremely busy. The race was definately a total BLAST!!! An awesome experience!!

We were taken to the island on a pretty cool pirate ship and dropped off about 200 yds off, so we had to swim quite a bit to get there. We had to wait there quite a bit since the race was delayed by almost 35 minutes. Then the start was a total mess, people were supposed to start in between two bouys however everyone was extremely spread out. And as I was telling my brother we should move to a bouy and in the middle of the pack, everyone started going. It was on!!! I was like, holy crap!!

The swim was shaped as an L, but oh did it look far, ofr me it looke dlike 2 miles!!
It was a mess, but it was awesome, it was the survival of the fittest!, everyone kickng pushing each other off, hahahaha, it was fun. Although I got hit pretty hard in the head, drank water and got my goggles filled with water. I had to stop for a second, get the water out and relax. Then I got into a rythm and passed some people. The in the bouy with the turnaround I began to swim mostly by myself, but then noticed that I was swimming a bit off course, I think there was a current. Anyhow, the swim was long but fun and I did it in 35:45 both Caru and my brother Humberto did an awesome job and beat me by a minute or so.

My transition was smooth and the bike ride was awesome as well, it was a two loop crouse which included a total of 8 bridges and an entry into a highway which could count as another small bridge. It was tough but it was cool as well, I felt the best I have felt on the bike, extremely comfortable and in a good rythm. I passed a couple of people and not many people passed me this time. I tried not to hit the bike to hard to try to save my legs for the run. I finished the ride in 1:19 and as I got into transition I saw the clock showin 1:55. I was happy since my target of 2:40 was in reach, however I did not know what was ahead of me.

I stretched a bit during the T2, stopped, drank water and started off with a nice rythm with shorts steps, didn't feel that bad for the first couple of minutes, but then as I was heading up the bridge it hit me! In all my previous sprint I had always found my legs after 2 minutes or so, but this time I had no legs, I could not find them!! They were completely done. So from mile 1 to mile 6.2 it was all mental and a struggle. I passed a ton of people and saw that we were all in the same boat so as I finished in a time of 2:50 I was happy. It was an awesome race and I gave it my all. I placed 4th in my age group which was good.

Caro did an awesome as well and finished in 2:58 and Humberto finished in 3:05.

Thank you all for your great advice. Obviously with special thanks to Rich! My triathlon season is over but my running season begins. Tri plans for next year will be made shortly.

And Kat, if you are struggling with motivation, never forget about those long term goals you have and then replan your shrot term ones, because the long term goals are made by the short ones. So always keep that in mind, when I feel lack of motivation I always look at my big goals, at the big picture! It helps me.

Take care, and sorry for the long post. Oh and my RR is up as well.

FR

2007-09-28 9:01 AM

User image

Veteran
Miami

LONG OVERDUE RACE REPORT!!!

First and most importantly...THANK YOU EVERYONE, RICH, ANG, KAT, CHRIS, ANDI, FELIPE EVEN DEREK AND JAYHAWK for all of your continued support!!1 It has meant a lot to me and has most definately made a differenc ein my trianing and attitude!!

SO THANK YOU ALL!!!!

THE RACE-- well the race was awesome!!! definitely mentally nad physically more challenging than I expected!

I didn't sleep well that weekend which really affected me! Butit was awesome...

swim- maaan, it was a ripoff, i was way back when the gun went off, we had been at the island for what felt like ages, maybe 40 some minutes!swim was fun, current was insane!
fininshed strong

BIke- this was very challenging...somehow i just couldn't pedal as fast as I uually do..those 8 hills definately made a differenece!! but it was extremely fun

run- wow, talk about cramping and dehydration and you got it..THe first mile was really tough my muscles were "poop" they were stiff and i  didn't knwo how to make them be ok...but as i went on, they warmed up and felt better, it was good....I passed a lot of people...none passed me...kept going cheering people...i passed the same girl I passed last time..it was funny she was a couple of minutes ahead of me always and at the end i passed her.

An awesome race, and I was able to finish in less than 3 hrs...they say that most pros that did the race had to 20  minutes to their regular oly times b/c of how challenging the race is.

One again uys thanks for all!!! love you all.. and i hope we keep this...I have decided to do another oly at the begining of november a sprint in october a half in may and FLORIDA IRONMAN 2008 ----PANAMA CITY-- i found a nice awesome group of people to trian with there are about 10 of us that want to do it, so it's lookin good

some links of the race

Story: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-flsptriathlon24nbsep24,0,1438667.story
Photo Gallery: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-triathlon0922.pg,0,1098047.photogallery

Miami Herald
Story: http://www.miamiherald.com/626/story/248297.html

2007-09-28 6:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
GREAT race report, CARU! AWESOME JOB!

You experienced which is hard to explain verbally....remember when I said take it easy at the beginning of the run and let the "race come to you"? Your body is adjusting from biking and using one set of muscles to running and using some of the same muscles but in a slightly different manner. You have to let the muscles recover and let them catch up with your brain....I think the muscles are still thinking that you are still on the bike.

Did I read correctly? You are going for the BIG kahuna distance? Ironman Florida 2008? You go girl! Make sure to register if you haven't already. Slots go quickly.

Sounds like a good plan for October and November.

You will want to start thinking about your winter training goals.

Excellent Job, CARU!

Rich
2007-10-01 8:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Subject: The Kat is Back!

Hello!  Well...I pretty much took September off, training-wise and mentally.  But I'm jumping back into the game today with the start of a new month.  Back on the 300 cal/3 hours plan eating wise and I'm following the BT 20-week off-season maintenance schedule for now.  And I've also signed up with a local group of tir-training gals/moms called Team Pink! Should be some good times.

Caru and Felipe, AWESOME job with your last race and kudos for setting some really amazing goals to come!  Sounds like you two are really rocking it out!

So what's up with everybody else?

2007-10-01 11:03 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA

Congrats Caru and Felipe!  Well done!  You guys going pro next year???  :-)

Renovations practically done.  October have a dragon boat race sponsored by our company and a 33 mile (hilly) charity ride the week after.  Get outdoors more.

2007-10-01 2:28 PM

User image

Regular
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Sorry I haven't been around...been very busy! I still need to read up on all the posts, hope to do that this week.

My race results are posted (with more to come) if you want to check it out! I'll be posting a ton more pics throughout the week, so come back often and enjoy!

Thanks for your patience in my minimal response, very busy at work!

Hugs and love,
Andi!!!

http://energyunplugged.blogspot.com
2007-10-03 2:21 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Everyone!  It's been awhile since I've checked in...I'm still here!!!  Like you Kat, I've decided not to do the Tri this weekend.  I've been running alot, but not much of anything else.  I just don't have it in me right now.  I may do a Tri at the end of Oct. for fun (costume and all) with some friends.  Other than that, I'm just gearing up for my first marathon in Dec.

Andi, congratulations on your OLY!  Fantastic.  I checked out your blog.  What a crazy swim!  You did great!  I would have been scared sh*tless! 

I hope all is well...Rich, shoulder good?  Felipe, where are you?  Caru, I hope you're feeling better.  Christine, glad to hear the renovations are coming to an end.  Take care, friends.

Angela

2007-10-08 12:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Hey Gang! Well! I got out on the bike today.........was GREAT to clip into the pedals after almost 4 weeks. The shoulder was feeling a lot better and didn't have a lot of pain or soreness for the last four or five days.......until I dropped down into the areobars........................................OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH! I didn't get into the areobars after. Cut the ride short because shoulder was sore......got in a quick run followed by a kickboard swim workout. We will see how shoulder is tomorrow!

For kicks and giggles, I went retro with my avatar! What a handsome devil I was back in 1975. Teeheeeteeeheee!

Have a GREAT week everyone and let's start talking about winter training plans as we wind down our race season.

Rich
2007-10-08 12:23 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Andi! GREAT JOB and GREAT RACE REPORT
Andi! I had a chance to take a real look at your race report.....WOW.....how far you have come.....CONGRATULATIONS! I have to put that race on my list of "To Do Races". How fantastic that race is in that setting......I've been to Washington several times and so I am very familiar with it. From your description on the course, I knew exactly what route you took! Those headwinds can be a bear coming upriver.

Andi.....your swim time was VERY good! Excellent Job and you played it smart by finding a pace you were comfortable with and where you didn't blow up! Smart decision in T1 in making sure that you had everything. With the navigation from the river to T1, getting stuff on and navigating out of the transition area, 6 minutes might have been respectable. (Check other racers T1.....but, regardless......smart move!)

Sounds like you had a good ride despite the wind. Yep, those people that were standing on the side with a race official probably got busted for drafting or crossing the center line to pass or it could have been a passing violation. The bike route sounded totally cool.......I want to do this race just because of the bike leg of the event.

The run sounded like you were moving at a 10 minute mile......good consistent job.....steady and smooth translates into a faster time......I'm wondering if you were passing people on the run?

You did an AWESOME Job Andi........and on top of it, it was for a worthy cause. It is sooooo cool to be greeted by your own TNT cheerleading section.

(When I do the Lake Tahoe Century TNT event ride, there are thousands of people waiting for us at the finish line in a gauntlet just going nuts!!! So I know how fun that is when you are coming across the finish line.)

Wooooooo Hoooooooo, Andi! Way to Go!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Rich Miller's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 46