BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-08-06 11:14 AM
in reply to: #4346545

User image

Expert
Hammond
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!

You need to find some of this rarefied, collectors edition,  super limited  Cucumbery Gatorade Stuff and then chill it to perfection and save it for your personal victory celebration!  

I soo need to find some. I can't even locate it online. It's crazy. There's even people begging on the Gatorade website for info on how/where to obtain some. You might could make a killing buying some and selling it on ebay- hehe.

That's right flip that Jax switch.   (Oh Jackie!!)       And its not crazy at all.    The feeling you have right now is half of the fun.    It'll all work out.

I did flip the Jax switch and it did all work out- will post more on all that in a sec and the race report is up.

So awesome your daughter is racing.  

As much fun as we all have with this personally, passing it on to the next generation and mutual support is the best part for me.

I so agree Dave. We can't wait until the day that we can race one together. That may be much sooner than I think. We've found an all girls tri that I really feel the distances are doable for my dd. It's in September though and that may be just a little too soon for her to train for. We are thinking definitely next year though. She had a blast at her's this weekend and loves the fact that she's done 4 now and I've only done 3- hehe.

Shelly

2012-08-06 11:24 AM
in reply to: #4346553

User image

Expert
Hammond
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
oriolepwr - 2012-08-03 10:18 PM

Ironman Wisconsin looms for Senorita Quincyfnita and her DH so I hope she does not mind me speaking for her.

Ironman is a tough long road to get prepared for,  and this is the final month of training.   Full of long a$$  3 hour runs and 3,000 + yard swims.  Pile on those 5-6 hour bike rides,  THEN add in taking care of family etc while your DH trains for the SAME race at the same time with the same training needs  and ya not much time for staying awake, let alone blogging, BT or scouring the local haunts looking for cucumber Gatorade.    Hell I bet she has not even watched the latest episode of Breaking Bad or been to Costco.   

So rest assured she'll be along later or sooner,  to share what it's all like.    

I can't wait to live vicariously through her Quincyiahighness and read all about her Ironman experience. It's definitely about the closest I'll ever come to doing one. The sprint I just did about totally kicked my butt. An Ironman just isn't going to be in my future but I'm awed by those that do them. And we certainly understand how important her training is right now. So we'll just send great racing and training vibes to her and wait with great anticipation for her race report and thoughts/feelings on her whole Ironman experience. Until then we certainly understand the training time constraints.

I am just soo excited for her that her shoulder is going to allow her to race.

Sending great training and phenomal race vibes to Q.

Shelly

2012-08-08 9:41 AM
in reply to: #4128570

Master
SouthSide of Chicago

Morning Folks, Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like I have.  Been a bit crazy with work, family, and training matters. 

I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are all getting faster, stronger, and whatever other goals you may have. 

I will have my race report up soon for the Naperville Tri that I raced this past Sunday shortly. 

All the best,

Matt

2012-08-08 2:27 PM
in reply to: #4349008

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
fitmomma2010 - 2012-08-06 12:14 PM

You need to find some of this rarefied, collectors edition,  super limited  Cucumbery Gatorade Stuff and then chill it to perfection and save it for your personal victory celebration!  

I soo need to find some. I can't even locate it online. It's crazy. There's even people begging on the Gatorade website for info on how/where to obtain some. You might could make a killing buying some and selling it on ebay- hehe.

That's right flip that Jax switch.   (Oh Jackie!!)       And its not crazy at all.    The feeling you have right now is half of the fun.    It'll all work out.

I did flip the Jax switch and it did all work out- will post more on all that in a sec and the race report is up.

As much fun as we all have with this personally, passing it on to the next generation and mutual support is the best part for me.

I so agree Dave. We can't wait until the day that we can race one together. That may be much sooner than I think. We've found an all girls tri that I really feel the distances are doable for my dd. It's in September though and that may be just a little too soon for her to train for. We are thinking definitely next year though. She had a blast at her's this weekend and loves the fact that she's done 4 now and I've only done 3- hehe.

Shelly

Shelly,

I just read your race report....nice nice job!! You are always one of my inspirations!! I had to laugh when I read your transition reports. I too am pretty fast at transitions, and I believe it's from being a mom! I can get wet or dry clothes on (and off) a body in record time...I'm not sure that sounded rightWink

Sarah

2012-08-08 2:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
oriolepwr - 2012-08-03 11:18 PM

Ironman Wisconsin looms for Senorita Quincyfnita and her DH so I hope she does not mind me speaking for her.

Ironman is a tough long road to get prepared for,  and this is the final month of training.   Full of long a$$  3 hour runs and 3,000 + yard swims.  Pile on those 5-6 hour bike rides,  THEN add in taking care of family etc while your DH trains for the SAME race at the same time with the same training needs  and ya not much time for staying awake, let alone blogging, BT or scouring the local haunts looking for cucumber Gatorade.    Hell I bet she has not even watched the latest episode of Breaking Bad or been to Costco.   

Dave,

If you talk to Quincy tell her we are cheering for her. I can't imagine how hard she is working right now, and I'm sure it doesn't leave much family time, especially since her husband is training for the same race. We'll catch her on the flip side...I can't wait to hear all about her race!!

2012-08-08 8:07 PM
in reply to: #4353428

User image

Hi Guys, I'm back from north of the border.  I've read the posts I've missed and it sounds like everyone has been lighting it up at the races.  I still need to read the race reports which I'm hoping will relight the fire under me to begin ramping up the run training for the Twin Cities marathon.  My next thing will be volunteering at IMOO.

2012-08-08 10:34 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

This is post #1,000 for me.   This proves one thing.   I am really good at the time suck that is BT    wait a sec.  I meant that in a GOOD way!   awww you know what I mean.   

That might be the cucumber Gatorade talking right there.      Hoping you all are in happy training land.  I have some sort of long run tomorrow to do, plus other stuff.    I'm in denial right at this moment as I really need to go to bed and sleep up to pull this thing off. 

Quincy says hi to y'all, and will be back soon as she gets the time.  

For now and I have no idea why......  I will leave you with this virtually worthless piece of wisdom that somehow seemed meaningful  that used to blare out of the blown speakers of the old 1972 Buick Skylark that I used to terrorize the locals round town in.

"If you've ever been in the Rocky Mountains when the sun goes down and the wind comes up, you can find yourself in a whole lot of trouble people...but what you gotta do is keep it together, keep everybody warm, and always remember keep RIDING THE STORM OUT!!"

Miss that car!

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-08-08 10:36 PM
2012-08-08 10:48 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
fitmomma2010 - 2012-08-06 11:14 AM

Shelly

I'm going to comment on this but right now I'm a little woozy from all that sweet cucumber gatorade that I am hydrating with.   I'm nothing if not sophisticated. SO I shall not speak while I have a forked tongue, errr  well anymore than I just did.   And basking in the afterglow from all those old REO Speedwagon  vids I just watched on youtube.

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-08-08 10:49 PM
2012-08-08 11:33 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
fitmomma2010 - 2012-08-06 11:14 AM

Shelly

Just read your race report.  Awesome job Shelly!  Loved it, specially taking extra time in transition to high five your daughter and enjoy the race.  Nice improvements too!

2012-08-10 12:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

So I reached a new training goal today. I thought I'd share it with y'all, since no one else in my life is all that interested (except DH). 50 miles on the bike!! I then did a sad little 20 minute run/walk so I could call it a brick. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to run a half marathon after doing 56 miles (when I eventually get there) but I'll just stick with my training plan and hope it all works out!!

Happy training everyone~~

2012-08-10 12:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

Nice work Sarah! One step at a time. One giant muscle destroying endurance building step at a time. 

2012-08-10 8:52 PM
in reply to: #4338408

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
oriolepwr - 2012-07-30 9:41 PM
TLakatos1259 - 2012-07-30 7:54 PM
Lesandtj - 2012-07-30 9:23 AM

Updated upcoming races:

Aug 11    Coeur d'Alene Oly - TJ 

Aug 19    Race the Lake-Dave

Aug 26    Chicago Tri-Sprint - Dave, Quincy

Sept 8     Alabama coastal Oly - Sarah

Sept 8     Garden City Oly (Missoula) - TJ

Sept 9     Ironman WI - Quincy

Sept 15   Atlantic City Sprint - Tom

Oct         Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 7      Chicago Marathon - Quincy, Alicia, Dave

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah

TJ!!! you are racing tomorrow right!    Coeur d'Alene Oly I should have refreshed this list sooner.    Looks like a good course.    We will be sending positive vibes your way.   Not on a first class ticket though.  and you do have to pick up the vibes at the airport on your way to the event.    But so worth it.   HA!    Seriously have a great time man.   I know you have all of this in perspective.    Enjoy.

2012-08-10 8:59 PM
in reply to: #4357200

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Sarah73 - 2012-08-10 12:41 PM

So I reached a new training goal today. I thought I'd share it with y'all, since no one else in my life is all that interested (except DH). 50 miles on the bike!! I then did a sad little 20 minute run/walk so I could call it a brick. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to run a half marathon after doing 56 miles (when I eventually get there) but I'll just stick with my training plan and hope it all works out!!

Great work Sarah.         You will get stronger and stronger on the bike by race time.   Since you are a strong runner,  the bike work will leave you with more run energy than you had today as you train more on it.   So you are not exactly riding to get faster necessarily (though that comes with it)  but rather to leave yourself with more and more energy for the run.    You've been kicking training butt!!    keep it up!

2012-08-11 6:44 AM
in reply to: #4357200

User image

Master
St. Louis
Sarah73 - 2012-08-10 12:41 PM

Congrats!  That is a big bike milestone!  Yes, just trust your training and when you get there, just worry about what you have to do in the moment, not what you have to do for the next leg.

2012-08-11 6:45 AM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Good Luck today TJ!
2012-08-11 8:23 AM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

I found a quarter on my run this AM.   

I like to think that I am now sponsored by the "loooong hilly cul de sac death circle"     So I am like a pro now or something.

2012-08-11 8:42 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for the encouraging words...it helps more than you know!!

TJ - good luck today. I'm sure you're already racing. I would have been sending cheers your way if I had known you had a race today. I can't wait to hear your race report!!

2012-08-11 5:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula
I finished. I bonked. I cramped. But I finished. The bike course was a beast.Headed home now. I'll get a report up hopefully by tomorrow.
2012-08-11 5:47 PM
in reply to: #4358698

User image

Master
St. Louis
Congrats!  Looking forward to the race report.
2012-08-11 6:39 PM
in reply to: #4358698

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Lesandtj - 2012-08-11 5:15 PM I finished. I bonked. I cramped. But I finished. The bike course was a beast.Headed home now. I'll get a report up hopefully by tomorrow.

"And Loving it" -Maxwell Smart

Ha!  Congrats TJ! :-)

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-08-11 6:39 PM
2012-08-11 6:55 PM
in reply to: #4358326

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
oriolepwr - 2012-08-11 8:23 AM

I like to think that I am now sponsored by the "loooong hilly cul de sac death circle"     So I am like a pro now or something.

OMG, first time back to the tour after being abducted by aliens and I read this...I found a stinkin' penny on the floor of the Marathon Gas station this morning. Stuck it in my bike shoe for good luck. Plus it's money. So I'm sponsored by a gas station potty. Works for me.

2012-08-11 7:09 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
oriolepwr - 2012-08-03 10:18 PM

What? No, I've just be **ckin' around. Drinking wine and watching reruns of Wheel of Fortune. 

Haha, thank you so much Dave, yes, I should have posted a disclaimer a few weeks ago that I would be sporadic at best around here...for a while anyway.

DH has been working in the salt mines because they are short on folks in the ER and apparently you don't just hang a sign up in those things saying "be back in 5 minutes."

We've had a strange parade of folks in and out of the house who have needed MAJOR hand holding and trouble shooting (I just put my brother in law and his adorable family on an airplane to Pakistan. Yah, Pakistan. With 9 giant suitcases and a 5 year old my husband likes to compare to a "ferret on expresso."

My stomach has been in full revolt for a full week and these 5 hour bike rides keep showing up on my calendar like bad pennies.

Plus I have these two...ah...umm....what are they again? Dave you have them too...ah yes, CHILDREN. And can I tell you, these things need to be fed, dressed, played with, and listened to nearly constantly. 

An as a twist for this season of Q's Crazytrain, Babydaddy is ALSO studying for his 10 year recert which our writers have hilariously scheduled for the same week as Ironman!!! But wait, it gets better, our gym decided to close the pool during our monster ironman build! OMG, hilarity ensues! This is even better than the shoulder surgery cliffhanger!

I am laughing on the inside.

Much love to our racers and the crew, I am working on another post in my head...I think it might be a top ten list...top ten things I've just now learned about (what? training, triathlon, overscheduling, insanity...help me out here...maybe I better punt and call it 10 random things I learned this summer...)

Peace out,

Q-rita...

2012-08-11 8:27 PM
in reply to: #4358787

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
quincyf - 2012-08-11 6:55 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-08-11 8:23 AM

OMG, first time back to the tour after being abducted by aliens and I read this...I found a stinkin' penny on the floor of the Marathon Gas station this morning. Stuck it in my bike shoe for good luck. Plus it's money. So I'm sponsored by a gas station potty. Works for me.

The aliens have Gas stations!! I would not have thought that!  

So since my new clearance Nike's cost $63  and I average 4 mile runs and get 325 miles out of a pair.   This means If I can average 78 cents of found money  per run on the death circle route,  it would pay for my kicks!    This is my new goal.   before I had Ironman, now I am looking for lost change in the gutters.   Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

Next I will be THAT guy with the cardboard sign that hangs out on the exit ramp to North Ave.

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-08-11 8:29 PM
2012-08-11 8:43 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

TOM!!!

So So tell us about your IM-NYC  volunteer experience.    Can't wait to hear all about it!

2012-08-11 11:22 PM
in reply to: #4352811

User image

Expert
Hammond
mjh1975 - 2012-08-08 9:41 AM

Morning Folks, Sorry to drop off the face of the earth like I have.  Been a bit crazy with work, family, and training matters. 

I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are all getting faster, stronger, and whatever other goals you may have. 

I will have my race report up soon for the Naperville Tri that I raced this past Sunday shortly. 

All the best,

Matt

Matt,

Glad to see you're still hanging around us crazy folk. Did I miss the race report or is it up yet?

Shelly

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51