BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-03-05 10:09 PM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS

Hello everyone... Glad to see the great goals we are all setting for ourselves... 

Pam, congrats on the HIM.  I intend to do my first next year.  I will do some Olys this summer to get started.

I will be off line for about 10 days as I will be out of the country and do not expect to have Internet access.  I look forward to catching up on my reading when I return on the 16th.  I will update my workout logs at that time.  I will keep on my program, even if I am on a ship in the pacific.  I will be running a 1/2 marathon on the 16th.

On the bright side, Peggy and I hope to meet Amy (abud7373) on Saturday the 15th on our way back from San Diego. 

Keep it up everyone, thanks for all the support...  Emerson

2008-03-06 1:43 PM
in reply to: #1255405

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
etknowles - 2008-03-05 10:09 PM

Hello everyone... Glad to see the great goals we are all setting for ourselves... 

Pam, congrats on the HIM.  I intend to do my first next year.  I will do some Olys this summer to get started.

I will be off line for about 10 days as I will be out of the country and do not expect to have Internet access.  I look forward to catching up on my reading when I return on the 16th.  I will update my workout logs at that time.  I will keep on my program, even if I am on a ship in the pacific.  I will be running a 1/2 marathon on the 16th.

On the bright side, Peggy and I hope to meet Amy (abud7373) on Saturday the 15th on our way back from San Diego. 

Keep it up everyone, thanks for all the support...  Emerson

Now that's my kind of vacation--chilling on a ship in the Pacific and still finding time to do a half-mary.  Emerson, you're my hero!

2008-03-07 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Well it is Friday my friends..... TGIF....Woooo Hoooo   How is everyone?  I am on a much needed day off with only one class and a hockey game on the schedule today...hard to imagine   What is on everyone else's plates?
2008-03-07 10:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Emerson - you will love the cruise, and there is usually a running track, but you need to get out there early and run because once the sun bathers get out it gets blocked a bit. Have a wonderful time, oh, theyalso have internet cafe's if you want to check in here

Pam - It's not time for Mr. Right yet, be selfish right now, because once you get married you shouldn't be, you need to consider your spouse the same as yourself!!!!! So make sure you find your soul mate and you will both be exteremly happy the rest of your lives!!!!!

Eric - what are your goals for this weekend time wise?

Julie - Sounds like you have a busy day! Enjoy the yachet club tonight, have a rum and diet two limes for me.

Mike - thanks for the hit and runs this week, good to hear from you.

Amy - I admire your work ethic even when it's crazy with kids stuff going on, and when you have young ones there is always kid stuff going on, hang in there your doing great.

Dee - I wish you could come out of your hole and just play for awhile...

Does anyone know if Chris and Nathan still exsist?????

All in all our group is doing awesome!!! Trust me on that. Last year in my group there were only 3 left standing at the beginning of Tri season. It takes guts and pure determination to train and compete in sports, whatever sport you choose ie:Mini Marry, Marry, Tri's, Duathlons, 5k, Aqua's etc... We are the proud, the few, call us ATHLETES!!!!
I'm proud of all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Strong!!!!!

Edited by amy mutz 2008-03-07 10:51 AM

(891399190_644d72701d_m.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
891399190_644d72701d_m.jpg (16KB - 30 downloads)
2008-03-07 3:06 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Awww...thanks Amy....that makes me want to put my leg number picture up too   You guys are all the best!
2008-03-07 5:14 PM
in reply to: #1258630

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-03-07 8:49 AM Emerson - you will love the cruise, and there is usually a running track, but you need to get out there early and run because once the sun bathers get out it gets blocked a bit. Have a wonderful time, oh, theyalso have internet cafe's if you want to check in here Pam - It's not time for Mr. Right yet, be selfish right now, because once you get married you shouldn't be, you need to consider your spouse the same as yourself!!!!! So make sure you find your soul mate and you will both be exteremly happy the rest of your lives!!!!! Eric - what are your goals for this weekend time wise? Julie - Sounds like you have a busy day! Enjoy the yachet club tonight, have a rum and diet two limes for me. Mike - thanks for the hit and runs this week, good to hear from you. Amy - I admire your work ethic even when it's crazy with kids stuff going on, and when you have young ones there is always kid stuff going on, hang in there your doing great. Dee - I wish you could come out of your hole and just play for awhile... Does anyone know if Chris and Nathan still exsist????? All in all our group is doing awesome!!! Trust me on that. Last year in my group there were only 3 left standing at the beginning of Tri season. It takes guts and pure determination to train and compete in sports, whatever sport you choose ie:Mini Marry, Marry, Tri's, Duathlons, 5k, Aqua's etc... We are the proud, the few, call us ATHLETES!!!! I'm proud of all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Strong!!!!!

you are such a wonderful cheerleader! thanks for all your encouragement....I am not sure that I would have made it out a few of those days without your inspires! SO THANKS DEAR! and you too kiu! you rock! We do have an amazing mentor team. We all tend to get busy and sometimes we do not get to log as much as we like (especially glitter for Eric since he loves it soooo much!) but my thoughts are with a lot of you and hope that you all are having as much fun as I am....and are hitting those goals...like I intend to! KIU YOU ALL! and thanks Amy!

2008-03-07 6:27 PM

Desmoines Iowa
Hi: All thanks for the encouragement it was much needed. I'm feeling much better and tri-ing, get it LOL, to take the wifes and pams advice and get back up to speed without relapse. Emerson enjoy that trip. Some day I'd like to go on a real cruise. I did lots of criuses in the Navy not much fun while at sea but in port that was always fun. Pam, I understand your signed up for a HIM you rock girl, I know you'll do well. I hope you get some of that predicted warmer weather I hear is coming starting Monday Lord knows we sure could use it, I think I won't thaw out until June. Well good hear everyone is busy trng kiu. Carpe Diem Mike
2008-03-07 6:48 PM
in reply to: #1259828

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Hi Guys!

Yes, I'm still alive. Unfortunately, I haven't had time for a workout though. I'd hoped that work would be settling down. Hah! So much for my hopes.

That said, I DO plan on getting some biking in this weekend. I have to hit my goal for the March Challenge, after all!

- Dee

2008-03-07 11:21 PM
in reply to: #1258630

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

amy mutz - 2008-03-07 9:49 AM Emerson - you will love the cruise, and there is usually a running track, but you need to get out there early and run because once the sun bathers get out it gets blocked a bit. Have a wonderful time, oh, they also have internet cafe's if you want to check in here Stay Strong!!!!!

Thanks for the advice.  I was going to do 12 miles on deck tomorrow.  I may do it early Sunday morning instead if the sum bathers get in the way.  I could drip nasty sweat on them if that get in the way???  That might keep them in the own territory.

I managed to make it to the Holiday Inn Express in Yuma tonight on the way to the pier in the AM.  And, I had to check in!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are way too nice and supportive!  I am glad that Eric let me in... I do most of my training alone and all of you make it much easier.  It is $100 for 250 min on the ship.  I may swing by but it will be in short bursts...

Best to all, keep up the good work.

Edited by etknowles 2008-03-07 11:22 PM
2008-03-08 11:43 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Well--somehow I survived my 4th half-mary.  It was ridiculously windy out there.  Going out of downtown, the wind was head-on.  I really hoped that meant that we'd have it behind us for the 2 mile uphill to finish the course.  No such luck!  I blew up during mile 11 thanks to the hill and wind.  I had been on track to beat my PR by about 4-5 minutes.  I still squeeked in about 30-40 secs under but it was close.

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend. I'll be recovering today and then teaching a transition clinic to about 35 people tomorrow.  We're doing a group ride of the sprint course afterwards. Hopefully, 2 laps, so I'll get in about 25 easy miles to loosen my legs up.

2008-03-08 2:53 PM
in reply to: #1260541

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
medic0020 - 2008-03-08 11:43 AM

Well--somehow I survived my 4th half-mary. It was ridiculously windy out there. Going out of downtown, the wind was head-on. I really hoped that meant that we'd have it behind us for the 2 mile uphill to finish the course. No such luck! I blew up during mile 11 thanks to the hill and wind. I had been on track to beat my PR by about 4-5 minutes. I still squeeked in about 30-40 secs under but it was close.

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend. I'll be recovering today and then teaching a transition clinic to about 35 people tomorrow. We're doing a group ride of the sprint course afterwards. Hopefully, 2 laps, so I'll get in about 25 easy miles to loosen my legs up.

Congrats with the race...at least it wasn't windy and horribly cold   Nice job with the PR!  When do we get a race report!?! 

2008-03-08 3:40 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
Hey All,

My race report is up for my reverse sprint this am.

I need to figure out a training plan. I am plugging away at the same distance I always do and not getting any better.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

2008-03-10 10:35 AM
in reply to: #1260729

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2008-03-08 1:40 PM Hey All, My race report is up for my reverse sprint this am. I need to figure out a training plan. I am plugging away at the same distance I always do and not getting any better. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Maybe not...but look at those legs!!!! love the new avatar!!!

2008-03-10 10:50 AM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hi all....I feel like I have been a bad mentor sister and have been spending a good part of my time on the Challenge thread....sorry! but it does seem to keep me truly motivated and going strong...not that you do not....you are my core support and I THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT! I wanted to show you some rare pictures that I posted of my self! This is from a ride I did yesterday here....WAS A GLORIOUS DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD! and I happened to throw my camera in my back pocket and while riding kept pulling it out for some shots of our area....

I love this area...even though most of the rides have LOTS of up in them! sigh!

DH riding up Alpine Road...he loves uphill - what the heck is wrong with him!!?!?!

a small herd of deer we saw on the side of the road.

DH preparing for the SCREAMING downhill....woot woot! waiting for this girl who is coming up to pass first! what a gentleman...

There are more on my training log...along with the AMAZING dinner my brother cooked for us last night....I still feel like a fat tick! but oooooooohhhhhhh soooooooo YUMMY~!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing a mtn bike race this weekend....Saturday is the downhill....can't wait....and Sunday is the Cross Country...CAN wait! I will be racing two loops of 8.5 miles....each loop has an elevation gain of 1300...it is a killer...of course I will take pics...on my prerides! have a good week everyone...thanks to all of you who leave those inspires....I TRULY APPRECIATE IT....in fact many of you were able to get me to join masters swim class....going to my second class today! SO THANKS! Please keep them coming! AMY YOU ARE TRULY THE BEST! not a day goes by that I do not see one from you! thanks dear!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

2008-03-10 5:24 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
I love the pictures!!  Looks so beautiful!  Have fun with the races!
2008-03-10 9:46 PM
in reply to: #1260541

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
medic0020 - 2008-03-08 9:43 AM

Well--somehow I survived my 4th half-mary.  It was ridiculously windy out there.  Going out of downtown, the wind was head-on.  I really hoped that meant that we'd have it behind us for the 2 mile uphill to finish the course.  No such luck!  I blew up during mile 11 thanks to the hill and wind.  I had been on track to beat my PR by about 4-5 minutes.  I still squeeked in about 30-40 secs under but it was close.

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend. I'll be recovering today and then teaching a transition clinic to about 35 people tomorrow.  We're doing a group ride of the sprint course afterwards. Hopefully, 2 laps, so I'll get in about 25 easy miles to loosen my legs up.

Good job on the race this past weekend! and transition  training...can you video tape? I am in need of such practice! what are some of the pointers you can give to this rookie!? hope your day off was restful! you are another one of those fab cheerleaders...and I am not sure if you have missed a single day of inspires...thanks captain!! means a lot!

2008-03-12 8:20 AM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

We are on the second page...hopefully everyone is so busy training not working!   What does everyone have on tab today?

I have a run and a swim today 

2008-03-12 9:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sorry I haven't had time to stop by here, but I try to look at everyones logs daily.

Today I have already done a walk, run and core...now it's time for work.

Everyone have a wonderful day! And I will catch up later.

Love from Indiana!!!!! Keep Tri-ing!

Amy
2008-03-13 2:10 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hey all....once again...busy as a bee...trying to get ready to go out of town to a mtn bike race this weekend...leaving in the morning...will pre-ride the cross country tomorrow...then race Downhill on Saturday morning and Sunday is the cross country race. I am thinking of doing the two loops of 8 miles each with 1300 elevation gain each loop....tough climbs but beautiful and fun course! love the backside where the downhill is! Will be back Tuesday to update you all! Have a great day....and a FABULOUS WEEKEND! be thinking speedy thoughts for me...I can use them!

Thanks Amy for the daily inspires! I actually have something I want to mail to you....I saw it the other day when I was out shopping....was definitely something I thought you should have!

Pam...keep up the good work...you are becoming quite the workout queen!

Eric....where you been? no love for Julie? havent seen any messages in a few days?!?! I didn't spread too much glitter on you did I?

Mike...hope you are not shovelling snow still! hoping you will get to start training outside soon...if not...make a trip to our area.....we can do all kinds of great rides and runs!

Emerson...can not wait to see all those pictures you are snapping on your cruise! hope you are having a blast....thanks for the messages while you have been gone! no you will be ready to hit the trails when you get back....only a month and I will be in Arizona for the ironman! hope you are still planning on being around then!

Dee....thanks for all the sunshine you send my way! as you can see from the pictures I have a lot of sunshine! Hope your day is a good one...and is racing by! have a great weekend....you still have not told us how the SAUSAGE finger is?!? better!! I am having a little sausage and egg omelet and just happened to think of you.....

Amy...hope you are feeling better soon! hate it when my drinking buddy is ill.....I guess my ol friend Chuck and I will be on our own for a while.  ..feel better soon!

Gotta go get my hairscut and a mani pedi....gotta look good if I get on that podium. Not banking on winning...but hoping to finish...but ya never know...now do ya?!!?

Have a great rest of the week and weekend all.....be back Tuesday to harass you all again! bye now~!

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2008-03-13 2:15 PM
2008-03-15 5:17 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Well it is officially spring break for me....which just means no classes and more time to train   How is everyone else doing?

2008-03-16 12:53 AM
in reply to: #1273867

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
crea0029 - 2008-03-15 4:17 PM

Well it is officially spring break for me....which just means no classes and more time to train   How is everyone else doing?

Pam,

Just got back.  Peggy and I had brunch with Amy for CA this morning with her husband and two beautiful children.  I will post photos and details tomorrow... off to bed, have a 1/2 marathon in the AM.... Emerson

2008-03-16 5:35 PM
in reply to: #1274307

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
etknowles - 2008-03-15 10:53 PM

Pam,

Just got back.  Peggy and I had brunch with Amy for CA this morning with her husband and two beautiful children.  I will post photos and details tomorrow... off to bed, have a 1/2 marathon in the AM.... Emerson

Brunch with Emerson and Peggy was great. A little hard to talk over my two monsters, but what to expect from a 2 1/2 yo and a 4yo. Peggy is just amazing. I cannot wait to see the photos, Emerson.

2008-03-16 6:01 PM
in reply to: #1274851

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
abud7373 - 2008-03-16 4:35 PM
etknowles - 2008-03-15 10:53 PM

Pam,

Brunch with Emerson and Peggy was great. A little hard to talk over my two monsters, but what to expect from a 2 1/2 yo and a 4yo. Peggy is just amazing. I cannot wait to see the photos, Emerson.

Amy,

First and foremost, you have two beautiful children.  It was a gift to spend time with you, Kevin, Kavin and Izzy.  Your kids are not little monsters, they are the foundation of what we are today and you are blessed with to great kids.  We were glad to meet them!

More to come,

Emerson

2008-03-16 6:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Well all, so much to post...  Before I get into photos, etc.  I did run a 1/2 marathon this morning...

Race: Arizona Distance Classic - Valley of Gold Half Marathon 

It was a PR and a great way to start the day...

More to come, Emerson

2008-03-16 6:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

To all,

After we left the boat, we had the privilege of having breakfast with Amy and her wonderful family!  Her husband Kevin is a great guy, very supportive and being a firefighter is top drawer for us.  It was the quick-thinking of the paramedics of Ladder Company #3 that saved Peggy's life five years ago.  The kids were so much fun.  All full of life, energy and taking pleasure in just the simple things of life.  It makes me look forward to grandchildren.  The two little ones are Cavan and Izzy! (sp??)  Amy takes wonderful care of these two little ones and does tri's as well.  Now that is something special.

Eric, putting this group together has made a difference for us!

What a highlight of our trip,  Emerson

(Kevin - with Cavan on lap, Emerson, Amy - with Izzy on lap, and Peggy)

Edited by etknowles 2008-03-16 6:28 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73