Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-08-12 10:13 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
No major plans for the weekend.  We were planning on heading to the beach but decided to stay home this weekend.  It has been a busy week.  John has been super busy at work this week and Joe has had karate three evenings.  He had his normal two classes this week and then has his first belt test tonight!

Since we are staying home, I am hoping to ride with my tri club Saturday morning and then I have a 10 mile run on Sunday.  John mentioned heading to the zoo at some point.  We are trying to make dinner plans with friends Saturday night but not holding our breath on them getting a sitter.  We have one so we will be doing something!

2010-08-12 10:28 AM
in reply to: #3039381

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
My weekend starts tomorrow   This is our daughters birthday weekend, she is going to be 15 and wants to celebrate by going to an anime-con.  She has been working on her costume for weeks now and she and her friends are very excited.  It is being held at a university campus that is an hour +, depending on traffic, away, so we have arranged with a couple of other parents to take driving shifts, the con is 3 days.  We are doing tomorrow morning and Sunday evening(by we, I mean Ray

Friday night we are doing our speed training at the track, Saturday morning the Grind again, hopefully some social time with friends on Saturday night, Sunday is the long run, laundry and getting ready for the week ahead again.

Have a great weekend everyone!
2010-08-12 10:39 AM
in reply to: #3039533

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2010-08-12 10:28 AM My weekend starts tomorrow   This is our daughters birthday weekend, she is going to be 15 and wants to celebrate by going to an anime-con.  She has been working on her costume for weeks now and she and her friends are very excited.  It is being held at a university campus that is an hour +, depending on traffic, away, so we have arranged with a couple of other parents to take driving shifts, the con is 3 days.  We are doing tomorrow morning and Sunday evening(by we, I mean Ray

Friday night we are doing our speed training at the track, Saturday morning the Grind again, hopefully some social time with friends on Saturday night, Sunday is the long run, laundry and getting ready for the week ahead again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I wish my weekend started tomorrow!  My dad/boss took off today and tomorrow again for the third week in a row.  I don't have much I am working on so at least I get to goof off here at the office!
2010-08-12 11:22 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
I just remembered that our 1 year anniversary is this weekend!  Don't worry, I've made plans, I just have to get the wheels turning for it because it's kind of involved... I want so badly to tell you guys what I'm doing, but I have a feeling Ryan checks in here every now and then... 

One year anniversary is PAPER, by the way.  In case you were wondering...  It's not easy to come up with something involving paper.
2010-08-12 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3039744

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
SoccerGK - 2010-08-12 12:22 PM I just remembered that our 1 year anniversary is this weekend!  Don't worry, I've made plans, I just have to get the wheels turning for it because it's kind of involved... I want so badly to tell you guys what I'm doing, but I have a feeling Ryan checks in here every now and then... 

One year anniversary is PAPER, by the way.  In case you were wondering...  It's not easy to come up with something involving paper.

Congrats to you and Ryan!  Let us know afterwards what it was, and how it went! 
2010-08-12 7:54 PM
in reply to: #3039381

User image

Expert
South Jersey
SoccerGK - 2010-08-12 9:48 AM It's been so quiet on here lately!

Just wanted to say I hope everyone is having a great day!!! 

My boss has been out of the office all week (which is why I've been on here so much), and I have literally finished everything and then some, so I will be finding some training plans today hopefully to get me through winter, and then I'm going to either start an Oly or HIM training plan in the early spring!  I think I'm going to go for the Racine 70.3 next year!  Crazy, maybe.  But the run is through the zoo, c'mon, that's just awesome!  Laughing

Weekend plans, anyone?

I was away from a computer since lunchtime and was thinking about this.  In my opinion, I think you are nuts for even considering a HIM next year.  You are in law school, right?  How much time can you realistically devote to training?  How much time have you put in for training this year so far?  When and if I ever do a HIM (and I say I would like to before I am 40 and I will be 33 in December), I want to train for it correctly and be proud of the way I have finished a HIM.  If I were to train for it now, I can pretty much guarantee I would not be happy with my results or performance.  I have a friend who has done two halfs, one last June and one this June, and his coach has told him he should consider sticking with Sprints and OLys for the next few years.  He is an attorney with two kids.  I think his kids are 4 and 6.  He just does not have the time to devote to training right now.  And that is how I feel.  I work fulltime and have young kids.  I know I don't have the time to train for the longer courses without a chance of a serious injury.

When I will consider at HIM, I will ask myself how much time I want to devote to training, how much time I think I can devote to training, and what kind of results I would be happy with.

I don't want to be discouraging or anything, but I know you have a lot going on right now.  You won't always be in law school but the HIM will always be there!  No reason to rush it.

2010-08-13 8:19 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I've been crazy busy at work this week and will probably be tied up most of the day as well today.  Finally got a little bit of time here to check in. 

We are going to a comedy club with some friends Sat night, but that is about it.  Hope to do an easy run or swim today, then get in a long run and ride this weekend. 

Erica - i applaud your enthusiasm about wanting to do an HIM.  and I seriously hope you will have the time to train for it.  it takes an amazing amount of time.  your fall schedule seems crazy tough to me, let alone doing a half.  but, to each his own and if you are dedicated enough to do it, then go for it!  so is a gift of toilet paper a little to crass??   
2010-08-13 9:33 AM
in reply to: #3041591

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
chichitao - 2010-08-13 8:19 AM I've been crazy busy at work this week and will probably be tied up most of the day as well today.  Finally got a little bit of time here to check in. 

We are going to a comedy club with some friends Sat night, but that is about it.  Hope to do an easy run or swim today, then get in a long run and ride this weekend. 

Erica - i applaud your enthusiasm about wanting to do an HIM.  and I seriously hope you will have the time to train for it.  it takes an amazing amount of time.  your fall schedule seems crazy tough to me, let alone doing a half.  but, to each his own and if you are dedicated enough to do it, then go for it!  so is a gift of toilet paper a little to crass??   

Well, I found some training plans that would be mostly into my summer schedule, since the Racine one isn't until late July, so that gives me a good 12 weeks of summer to train before it.  I know I would likely have a summer job, but it's much easier for me to work around a job than school.  I would only have to train for 4-6 weeks during the school year.  Nothing is set in stone though, but I likely won't be doing much in the summer of 2012 since I'll be taking the Bar Exam.  So it's next summer or 2013, and that just seems like a long way off.  And I think we're going to try to do an IM before we have kids.  So if I wait 'til 2013, then IM will definitely have to wait 'til 2014, and gosh that's so far ahead to plan.  *ramble ramble ramble*

And I thought about toilet paper, T1!!!  But no, I'm taking him on a surprise camping trip!  (paper, trees, get it?) I finally told him last night when I realized I couldn't pack for one by myself!  Woops.
2010-08-14 10:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi all!!  I have been MIA, our computer crashed and I at my new job we have a tight firewall so I can't log on to bt there. 

First off Erica and Pete, GREAT JOB!!!  You guys rock!

Hope everyone has been doing well.  I have to back log some workouts because I have been working out.  My hubby and I started P90X this past week and tomorrow we will be done with week 1!  We survived with very sore muscles, but made it. 
I started my new job this week and it has been very overwehlming.  I am working in two school buildings and so I have to learn about 100 staff names and then kids come Wed. and I have 300 student names to learn.  Busy, Busy! 

Keep up the great work everyone!!!  Missed being on here!
2010-08-16 8:14 AM
in reply to: #3043600

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
debbiereid06 - 2010-08-14 11:34 AM Hi all!!  I have been MIA, our computer crashed and I at my new job we have a tight firewall so I can't log on to bt there. 

First off Erica and Pete, GREAT JOB!!!  You guys rock!

Hope everyone has been doing well.  I have to back log some workouts because I have been working out.  My hubby and I started P90X this past week and tomorrow we will be done with week 1!  We survived with very sore muscles, but made it. 
I started my new job this week and it has been very overwehlming.  I am working in two school buildings and so I have to learn about 100 staff names and then kids come Wed. and I have 300 student names to learn.  Busy, Busy! 

Keep up the great work everyone!!!  Missed being on here!

Thanks, Debbie!  Congrats on the new job, and good luck learning all the names!  That is a LOT to learn in a few days.  I'm sure you'll be able to do it, though!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Went for a bike ride with my tri club on Saturday.  It ended up being about 70+kms, including a 30k TT mixed in.  It was a LONG ride.  From when I left my house to when I got back, it was just under 4 hours.  Made for a fun morning, though!

Hope everyone has a good week planned! 
2010-08-16 8:38 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I did 10 miles yesterday and felt pretty good until I woke up this morning!  My legs are killing me.  My left Achilles aches but that is normal.  My right calf keeps cramping up.  Any tips on recovery?

2010-08-16 2:29 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Debbie, good to see you still getting the workouts in.  And school starts already?  Holy cow.  Have fun with the new job and don't let it overwhelm you! 

Nice long ride Pete. 

Good long run Meggan.  I am still trying to learn the recovery thing, but my best advice would be to drink, drink, drink plenty of water and electrolytes before and after (and during the run if you can manage it).  I also like to do a good stretch after the long runs just b/c I know I am more prone to soreness the day after those.  A nice swim or easy spin on the bike are also good for those day afters. 

I partied a little too much this weekend.  Had some planned and not planned social activities come up and ate and drank way more than I should have.  Then to top it off I got 2 hours (yes, I typed that right) of sleep last night (not from the parties, just wasn't tired and couldn't fall asleep).  My goal is to make it home from work today without falling asleep.  I really hope I will have the will power/energy to go for a run.

Still been crazy slammed at work but hoping things slow down after today.  Happy Monday!
2010-08-16 2:53 PM
in reply to: #3045406

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Glad to have you back Debbie and congrats on the new job, I'm sure you will get into the swing of things in no time and it's amazing how you can talk to people without ever having to use there names:-)

We had a busy weekend carting the kids back and forth to their Anime-con, they had a great time and Lauren couldn't have had a better birthday.  We did manage to squeeze in a birthday dinner on Saturday night, and went to her favorite Chinese food restaurant.  It was really good, but I've since discovered a really big chinese food dinner is not good the night before a very early morning long run.  I am very thankful for the route we ran yesterday, because it had a few outhouses along the way and I managed to visit them all...7am, and the temperature(we broke records in our area) was already riduculous, which made for a most horrendous run. I did cut my run a little short, was supposed to do 14km, but ended up cutting out a hill and doing 13k.  I really and truly appreciate one of my running group sticking with me and helping me through this run....there were times I felt like sitting down and crying
2010-08-16 3:05 PM
in reply to: #3046613

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Oh no, that sucks!  I have had those runs before.  On the day that I was weighing in for my weight loss contest at work, I was planning on running a good 90+ minutes to get the last little bit of water weight out of me.  That morning, I had...  digestive distress...  And could only run for about 25 minutes, before I had to turn around and walk back home.  That is the worst feeling in the world.  I feel for you.  That's still impressive, though, going for 13k in that kind of shape.  Good job, way to push through!
2010-08-18 1:22 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I've been slacking a bit lately, but I did get on the trainer for a bit last night and I brought my running clothes to go run right after work.  I am putting it up here for everyone to see, so now I will make sure and get it done.
2010-08-18 1:25 PM
in reply to: #3050653

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
chichitao - 2010-08-18 2:22 PM I've been slacking a bit lately, but I did get on the trainer for a bit last night and I brought my running clothes to go run right after work.  I am putting it up here for everyone to see, so now I will make sure and get it done.

You'd better.  We're all here to kick your arse if you don't!  I am doing the same thing.  Track run for me tonight!  What do you have planned? 

2010-08-18 1:32 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Doing a trail run, close to a 5k distance, that I am going to attempt to do at race pace.  Going for an 8:30 or better mile.

EDIT:  Alright Pete I got'er done.  Only did 2.44mi as I had some serious stomach cramps but I gave it my all while I could and ended with an 8:07 pace.  How was the track workout?

Edited by chichitao 2010-08-18 5:17 PM
2010-08-18 5:25 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I'll be away from the computer on Thur as I'll be in some training all day, but I wanted to throw this out and let ya'll discuss.  Anyone interested in doing some type of friendly competition?  Whether it be weight loss, workout hours, distances, etc...just a little something to keep us all motivated.  It can be a week, a month, or whatever.  Just toss it around and throw out any ideas.  I know we are all busy and we are not all doing all three tri sports so lets keep it to where everyone can get involved.  Something like getting a peach every day for a week, for example. 

T2 has his hands full with his HIM training, Debbie with her new job and school, Erica getting back into her fall semester, but hopefully we can find something we can all agree on.  Have a great Thur and I'll check back in on Fri.
2010-08-18 5:58 PM
in reply to: #3051338

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
chichitao - 2010-08-18 3:25 PM I'll be away from the computer on Thur as I'll be in some training all day, but I wanted to throw this out and let ya'll discuss.  Anyone interested in doing some type of friendly competition?  Whether it be weight loss, workout hours, distances, etc...just a little something to keep us all motivated.  It can be a week, a month, or whatever.  Just toss it around and throw out any ideas.  I know we are all busy and we are not all doing all three tri sports so lets keep it to where everyone can get involved.  Something like getting a peach every day for a week, for example. 

T2 has his hands full with his HIM training, Debbie with her new job and school, Erica getting back into her fall semester, but hopefully we can find something we can all agree on.  Have a great Thur and I'll check back in on Fri.

I like this idea, since I haven't been teaching bootcamp, I don't think I've been getting in enough ab work.  It's something everyone can do and benefit from and doesn't have to take a lot of time and can be done pretty much anywhere you can lie down.

I haven't thought about the parameters, but it could be I will do 20 minutes of ab work every day or every other day for a month or I will do xxx full sit ups in 30 days..? 

Just one idea:-)

Good job on getting that run in Tim!  Sorry about the cramps those really suck
2010-08-19 7:59 AM
in reply to: #3050679

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-08-18 1:32 PM Doing a trail run, close to a 5k distance, that I am going to attempt to do at race pace.  Going for an 8:30 or better mile.

EDIT:  Alright Pete I got'er done.  Only did 2.44mi as I had some serious stomach cramps but I gave it my all while I could and ended with an 8:07 pace.  How was the track workout?

Something is better than nothing!  Nice pace!
2010-08-19 8:00 AM
in reply to: #3051373

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2010-08-18 5:58 PM
chichitao - 2010-08-18 3:25 PM I'll be away from the computer on Thur as I'll be in some training all day, but I wanted to throw this out and let ya'll discuss.  Anyone interested in doing some type of friendly competition?  Whether it be weight loss, workout hours, distances, etc...just a little something to keep us all motivated.  It can be a week, a month, or whatever.  Just toss it around and throw out any ideas.  I know we are all busy and we are not all doing all three tri sports so lets keep it to where everyone can get involved.  Something like getting a peach every day for a week, for example. 

I like this idea, since I haven't been teaching bootcamp, I don't think I've been getting in enough ab work.  It's something everyone can do and benefit from and doesn't have to take a lot of time and can be done pretty much anywhere you can lie down.

I haven't thought about the parameters, but it could be I will do 20 minutes of ab work every day or every other day for a month or I will do xxx full sit ups in 30 days..? 

Just one idea:-)

Good job on getting that run in Tim!  Sorry about the cramps those really suck

I am up for something too!!  I also know I am not getting enough ab work in.  I was really good about it when I worked with my trainer but now I am slacking!

2010-08-19 8:06 AM
in reply to: #3051979

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Tim, track workout was great.  A little sore today, but not too bad.  I think I am more feeling the bike ride from Tuesday, to be honest.  We did a 2800m warm up, followed by 3x2000m @ oru 10k pace (which I don't really know what it is, so I just kinda ran, trying to maintain a pace), and then an 800m cool down.  Good run, and I kept up a 4'35ish"/km pace, so I am happy with that!  Great job on your run, too!  Cramps definitely suck.  I always try to push through them, but then they just get worse and worse.

As for the competition, I'd be up for something.  I also like the idea of some sort of core work challenge.  I definitely need to start working on that, because I don't do enough (read: any) core work these days.  I think it's something that can be neglected by a lot of people, so it is a good idea.  I don't, though, know what would be a fair way to do it.  Maybe something like doing that Around the World workout that T2 was doing for a while, doing it x times a week or something?
2010-08-19 8:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Also, BT seems to really be pushing their training plans and what have you, and the prices aren't bad with the sale that is currently going on.  What do the "premium" members think of them?  I have my tri club now, so I wouldn't really need the training plans per se, but what about the added benefits?  Are there many?
2010-08-19 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3051995

User image

Expert
South Jersey
LockOut - 2010-08-19 8:07 AM Also, BT seems to really be pushing their training plans and what have you, and the prices aren't bad with the sale that is currently going on.  What do the "premium" members think of them?  I have my tri club now, so I wouldn't really need the training plans per se, but what about the added benefits?  Are there many?

When I joined almost a year ago, I did the silver plan because I thought I would use their plans.  I have not used any and might drop it down to bronze.  I was not crazy about the one marathon plan they offer.  I do want to decide by the end of the month though.
2010-08-19 1:49 PM

User image

Veteran
I like competition so I would be up for something.  I like the core thing to...that is what I struggle with most.  I would say not going with a specific workout or anything, but xxx amount or every other day or something. 

New job is going great, even though i had to carry a student into school kicking and screaming yesterday! 

We are headed to see comedian Jeff Dunham tonight.  I think it should be good.  No big plans for the weekend.  Relaxing and BBQing!

What is everyone else up to?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103