General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2014-06-16 12:27 PM
in reply to: Mfechter67

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!!
Originally posted by Mfechter67

Originally posted by chirunner134

hey now. my first sprint took me over 3 hours and I bet my next one will take about 2+ hours.

Today I did 6.3 miles. Starting marathon training. Bad news is I got a really long way to go. Good news is atleast I am getting the training in.

nice run! When and where is your marathon?

10/12/2014 so I got time. Better than last year where I tried to come in 2 months into training.

Lost 3 lbs last week too so starting to get back on track there. That is the key but I have a long long ways to go there.

2014-06-16 1:36 PM
in reply to: ECS49

User image

Check out wetsuit outlet, they have the brand Synergy. I'm 5'11" -270 and the Endorphin L3 fits me.
2014-06-16 3:25 PM
in reply to: diablo243

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Originally posted by diablo243
Clipless: derived from the Latin phrase Tondeo Totondi Tonsum that simply translates to: shave, shear, clip. Less is more as we all know so clipless pedals reference shaving or clipping time from your ride(because you have more poser being attached or clipped into your shoe) while doing less with more, smaller and lighter pedals and shoes.

There is NO reason what so ever to fact check that, I assure you it is 1000% factual

I actually spat out the piece of apple I was attempting to masticate... thanks! Now I have to clean my computer screen...

WebFoot I STILL have those DAMN pedals for you if you want them and then can spend money on shoes. I just finally got them out of the trunk of my Infiniti which was stuck shut forever an a day. They are SPD like I said (which someone commented as well are more traditionally used in MTB these days) but you can get adapter plates for tradition 3 holed road shoes for SPD clips. What size shoe are you I could prob hook you up with shoes as well and then you could just buy adapter plates. I know I have told you for month yous could have them but I SWEAR I will actually get them in the mail if you really want them.

I absolutely would still like them! It'll be nice to be able to keep the cost down by just getting the shoes. I also have no problem cross contaminating my equipment (road vs dirt) heck, my crankset is off a mt bike! Let me know if you need my address again. As far as shoes go, I generally wear a size 12... so I have big feet.
2014-06-17 5:39 AM

User image

Yardville, NJ

Clipless: derived from the Latin phrase Tondeo Totondi Tonsum that simply translates to: shave, shear, clip. Less is more as we all know so clipless pedals reference shaving or clipping time from your ride(because you have more poser being attached or clipped into your shoe) while doing less with more, smaller and lighter pedals and shoes.

There is NO reason what so ever to fact check that, I assure you it is 1000% factual

I knew that you would know!
2014-06-17 9:20 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Mfechter67
Originally posted by diablo243 Clipless: derived from the Latin phrase Tondeo Totondi Tonsum that simply translates to: shave, shear, clip. Less is more as we all know so clipless pedals reference shaving or clipping time from your ride(because you have more poser being attached or clipped into your shoe) while doing less with more, smaller and lighter pedals and shoes. There is NO reason what so ever to fact check that, I assure you it is 1000% factual
I knew that you would know!

That is exactly how I heard it, too.

2014-06-17 10:02 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
Just a wealth of knowledge my friends

WebFoot IM it to me one more time just so I have it fresh and come hell or high water I will mail them out tomorrow! I only wear a size 10 so no luck helping you with shoes but I would look for a pair of tri shoes (single strap) I have Shimano TR52 and love them, ebay Shimano tr and and see what you can find. After that get these or something similar http://www.trisports.com/shspdad.htmland you will be set up for now and then in the future.

Anyone here on Garmin Connect or Strava? If so hit me with your id and I'll friend you! Trust me you WANT to be my friend!!! lol

2014-06-17 12:18 PM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
PM sent!

Also reciprocated on Strava.
2014-06-17 4:17 PM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

Posted this in other thread as well but just in case......

Does anyone have this top

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZDB2DG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?i...

And will a XXL fit my chest which is 49 in

according to what I think I have seen it will, but I swear some brands fit so different than others I just dont wanna get stuck
2014-06-18 7:12 AM

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
Well this is apple and oranges but I have the shorts that go with that top in an XL, I'm down to a 36 waist and they are still snug. I would say Orca stuff tends to run on the small side being the Perl Izumi tri shorts I have in XL are now getting rather loose at size 36. I know it doesn't help your direct question but maybe gives you an idea.
2014-06-18 8:33 AM

User image

well according to them it fits up to a 51 in chest. If I get it and it doesn't fit ill prob just rage race the entire course and set all types of PR
2014-06-18 8:43 AM

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
Well you got that going for ya.... Which is nice lol

2014-06-18 9:34 AM
in reply to: #4916495

NAME / username:
Kim/Yurtgirl2000

STORY:
Always active till menopause then got heavier and less active. I have fought my own battles with weight and did lose 25 lbs with weight watchers but it came back and then some more! I walked/ran a half marathon a few years ago so I know I can train but my knees aren't what they used to be so Im hoping a swim and bike ride is the ticket to fitness.

FAMILY STATUS:
Living with the love of my life, Richard and our 4 cats and 2 dogs.

CURRENT TRAINING:
Just getting started this week. Will follow one of the plans on this site.

2014 plans and RACES:
Planning to do a mini/sprint this fall. There are quite a few scheduled in my state so I'll pick one soon and work towards it.

WEIGHTLOSS:
It would be nice! I'm 50lbs overweight so I have a lot of work to do (my goal is on the high side of ideal weight because those charts are too general for everybody).
2014-06-18 10:18 AM
in reply to: yurtgirl2000

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I am excited. I am in the first wave of my sprint. That means I get 3:15 to finish. If I was in the last wave I would gotten 2 hours which might be hard for me at this time. Only other things now that might stop me from racing is wetsuit. Water temps is 60 degrees and without a wetsuit might be dangerous. I not sure if mine will fit. I know it fits at 310 barely but will I get it on at 327 which is what I was this morning? I will have to try it tonight. I might have to scramble for a wetsuit rental this weekend.
2014-06-18 11:51 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
Kim welcome, as it was once tradition of this group to gain entrance you must provide.... "value" if you will to the group as a whole. So...

Do you have any super human powers?
Do you now or ever at any time posses magical abilities (card tricks do not count)?
If you had 1 item to fend off a bear with, what would it be?
If you could be any kitchen appliance, what and why?
If I was to ask to borrow $1000, what would you say(keep in mind I use the word borrow, VERY loosely)?
Finally, a 555-mile, 5-hour plane trip was flown at two speeds. For the first part of the trip, the average speed was 105 mph. Then the tailwind picked up, and the remainder of the trip was flown at an average speed of 115 mph. For how long did the plane fly at each speed? Please show all work

Ok now that we have kept Kim bust for a week, Chi you got this man! Wet suits are meant to be stretchy! Get a giant shoe horn if you have to but I am sensing you will make it work!

Hump day!!!! Getting closer to the weekend and seems like several people have races coming up, can't wait for post race reports from all! So question for my experienced triathletes. I have opted to wear a tri suit for sprint distance races, for those of you who have worn them, do you opt for numbers pinned on under wetsuit or race number belt in transition?
2014-06-18 3:25 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by diablo243 Kim welcome, as it was once tradition of this group to gain entrance you must provide.... "value" if you will to the group as a whole. So... Do you have any super human powers? Do you now or ever at any time posses magical abilities (card tricks do not count)? If you had 1 item to fend off a bear with, what would it be? If you could be any kitchen appliance, what and why? If I was to ask to borrow $1000, what would you say(keep in mind I use the word borrow, VERY loosely)? Finally, a 555-mile, 5-hour plane trip was flown at two speeds. For the first part of the trip, the average speed was 105 mph. Then the tailwind picked up, and the remainder of the trip was flown at an average speed of 115 mph. For how long did the plane fly at each speed? Please show all work Ok now that we have kept Kim bust for a week, Chi you got this man! Wet suits are meant to be stretchy! Get a giant shoe horn if you have to but I am sensing you will make it work! Hump day!!!! Getting closer to the weekend and seems like several people have races coming up, can't wait for post race reports from all! So question for my experienced triathletes. I have opted to wear a tri suit for sprint distance races, for those of you who have worn them, do you opt for numbers pinned on under wetsuit or race number belt in transition?

Wow! Such easy questions! Kim must have bribed you

I use a race belt at transition. I am always afraid of wasting time when (not if) I tear it off taking the wetsuit off.

Chi.... BODYGLIDE. Works wonders. I am sure I could fit a full grown grizzly bear in my wetsuit if I could coat it with Bodyglide first!

2014-06-18 3:25 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by yurtgirl2000 NAME / username: Kim/Yurtgirl2000 STORY: Always active till menopause then got heavier and less active. I have fought my own battles with weight and did lose 25 lbs with weight watchers but it came back and then some more! I walked/ran a half marathon a few years ago so I know I can train but my knees aren't what they used to be so Im hoping a swim and bike ride is the ticket to fitness. FAMILY STATUS: Living with the love of my life, Richard and our 4 cats and 2 dogs. CURRENT TRAINING: Just getting started this week. Will follow one of the plans on this site. 2014 plans and RACES: Planning to do a mini/sprint this fall. There are quite a few scheduled in my state so I'll pick one soon and work towards it. WEIGHTLOSS: It would be nice! I'm 50lbs overweight so I have a lot of work to do (my goal is on the high side of ideal weight because those charts are too general for everybody).

Welcome, welcome! Another Adult Onset TriAthlete!

2014-06-18 3:34 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
bib belts are the way to go. I use them on all my races now. keeps those shirts nice.
2014-06-18 4:44 PM

User image

Got a race this weekend, really would like to place top 3, think its possible I have been training hard.

Speaking of which, I haven't weighted myself since the disappointment of gaining a few pounds and the dream of getting into the 250's is still going......well.......255!!!!!!

I haven't seen 250 anything in so many years I am super excited and ready to race. Crossing my fingers that my new shirt fits!!!!!
2014-06-18 5:51 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ

Kim welcome, as it was once tradition of this group to gain entrance you must provide.... "value" if you will to the group as a whole. So...

Do you have any super human powers?
Do you now or ever at any time posses magical abilities (card tricks do not count)?
If you had 1 item to fend off a bear with, what would it be?
If you could be any kitchen appliance, what and why?
If I was to ask to borrow $1000, what would you say(keep in mind I use the word borrow, VERY loosely)?
Finally, a 555-mile, 5-hour plane trip was flown at two speeds. For the first part of the trip, the average speed was 105 mph. Then the tailwind picked up, and the remainder of the trip was flown at an average speed of 115 mph. For how long did the plane fly at each speed? Please show all work

Damn, I missed you. No more breaks from the group!
2014-06-18 5:53 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by yurtgirl2000

NAME / username:
Kim/Yurtgirl2000

STORY:
Always active till menopause then got heavier and less active. I have fought my own battles with weight and did lose 25 lbs with weight watchers but it came back and then some more! I walked/ran a half marathon a few years ago so I know I can train but my knees aren't what they used to be so Im hoping a swim and bike ride is the ticket to fitness.

FAMILY STATUS:
Living with the love of my life, Richard and our 4 cats and 2 dogs.

CURRENT TRAINING:
Just getting started this week. Will follow one of the plans on this site.

2014 plans and RACES:
Planning to do a mini/sprint this fall. There are quite a few scheduled in my state so I'll pick one soon and work towards it.

WEIGHTLOSS:
It would be nice! I'm 50lbs overweight so I have a lot of work to do (my goal is on the high side of ideal weight because those charts are too general for everybody).

Kim,

Welcome to the group! I'm confident that you will pass the "Tests of Diablo".
2014-06-18 5:58 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ

Hump day!!!! Getting closer to the weekend and seems like several people have races coming up, can't wait for post race reports from all! So question for my experienced triathletes. I have opted to wear a tri suit for sprint distance races, for those of you who have worn them, do you opt for numbers pinned on under wetsuit or race number belt in transition?

Definitely race number belt. Literally pick it up and put it on as you leave T2. You only need it on the run. Most races have bike numbers and some have helmet numbers. Race bib is for the run.

Weather for my sprint on Saturday is looking good. Some clouds, high of 80 and no rain until the afternoon. This is a race I did last year, so I'm hoping to improve my time.

2014-06-18 6:06 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by ceilidh

BODYGLIDE. Works wonders. I am sure I could fit a full grown grizzly bear in my wetsuit if I could coat it with Bodyglide first!

X2 on the Bodyglide. Use liberally on the ankles/calves (and wrists, if long sleeve wetsuit) to help it slide right off. Also use on your neck to avoid the wetsuit hickey. A buddy of mine uses Trislide. It's a spray can. I just bought some to give it a try. Just don't use anything petroleum based (like Vaseline), it will ruin your wetsuit and void most warranties.
2014-06-18 6:08 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by ECS49

Got a race this weekend, really would like to place top 3, think its possible I have been training hard.

Speaking of which, I haven't weighted myself since the disappointment of gaining a few pounds and the dream of getting into the 250's is still going......well.......255!!!!!!

I haven't seen 250 anything in so many years I am super excited and ready to race. Crossing my fingers that my new shirt fits!!!!!

Go get 'me! The only way I'm getting top three is if there's only three of us in the group.

Excellent job on the weight loss! Keep it up!
2014-06-18 6:15 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by chirunner134

I am excited. I am in the first wave of my sprint. That means I get 3:15 to finish. If I was in the last wave I would gotten 2 hours which might be hard for me at this time. Only other things now that might stop me from racing is wetsuit. Water temps is 60 degrees and without a wetsuit might be dangerous. I not sure if mine will fit. I know it fits at 310 barely but will I get it on at 327 which is what I was this morning? I will have to try it tonight. I might have to scramble for a wetsuit rental this weekend.

Glad you're in the 1st wave. That takes some pressure and stress out if the equation.

How'd you make out with the wetsuit? Wetsuitrental.com has always been good to us. You can call them and they will ship you a suit in time for your race. Might cost more for shipping, but you'll get it in time.
2014-06-18 7:29 PM

User image

Thank Mike,

I wont be disappointed either way as I know I have a long way to go in pretty much all 4 disciplines but I know I have put the work in and it won't be for a lack of training.

This website has been a huge help (and a huge financial burden, LOL, shhhhhhh), cant imagine where id be without it
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
Views: 28162 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 100350 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16474 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 30260 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : May 22, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 0
Are you getting adequate rest after your workouts? Rest and over-training effects on weight loss, weight gain.
date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?
date : September 19, 2004
author : Michael
I’m a C-L-Y-D-E-S-D-A-L-E! Many people in the sport know the division is there, but many of them think that it's a 'fat boys division.' So what constitutes a Clydesdale? Why even have this class?

date : September 3, 2004
author : Ron
What happens in your body when you eat, fast or workout?