BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Crowny2's HR Redlining Group - MAXED OUT Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-04-01 9:37 AM
in reply to: #2053678

User image

Denver
Subject: RE: Crowny2's HR Redlining Group - MAXED OUT

Keep an eye on those sore areas.  Sounds like you are doing the right thing, though.

So what is your first tri?  A Sprint?

It's a sprint du ~ 2.0m run, 12.4m bike, 3.1m run. Once I get my first multi under my belt I'll start the swim training.

2009-04-01 5:09 PM
in reply to: #2053678

User image

Denver

I took the plunge - I singed up for the US Coast Guard MWR Duathlon on Cape Cod, May 23rd! It's at an Air Force base, so the coarse is very flat. It's 2.0m run, 12.0m bike, 2.0m run. I think it will be a first-ever multisport great race.

2009-04-02 4:46 PM
in reply to: #2053948

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
OldeCity - 2009-04-01 9:37 AM

Keep an eye on those sore areas.  Sounds like you are doing the right thing, though.

It's a sprint du ~ 2.0m run, 12.4m bike, 3.1m run. Once I get my first multi under my belt I'll start the swim training.

Nothing wrong with that.  Looks like a pretty good race.  Excited?

2009-04-04 12:28 PM
in reply to: #2058738

User image

Denver

Yes - and I think having a race date will keep motivated. My leg is still a little sore, so I've been icing and stretching it and should be back on the trainer tomorrow.

2009-04-06 9:07 AM
in reply to: #2062497

User image

Champion
OldeCity - 2009-04-04 12:28 PM

Yes - and I think having a race date will keep motivated. My leg is still a little sore, so I've been icing and stretching it and should be back on the trainer tomorrow.

What's up with the leg?  Muscle or joint pain?

2009-04-07 8:48 AM
in reply to: #2065129

User image

Denver

It's muscle pain in the lower left calf. It's been two weeks today, and Sunday was the first pain-free day. I've been icing and stretching it daily, plus going for 30+ minute walks to keep it from getting too tight. I'm planning to get back on the bike tonight or tomorrow morning. I've never had anything like it before - it took a lot of strength out of my leg. But I still have 6 1/2 weeks till race day, which is plenty of time. And I should probably add some basic strength training to prevent stuff like this in the future. Any recommendations?

In other news, I got engaged over the weekend! The whole process leading up had consumed a lot of my free time. So now I am extra motivated to get and stay in shape for a likely fall wedding...

2009-04-08 7:35 AM
in reply to: #2067783

User image

Champion
OldeCity - 2009-04-07 8:48 AM

It's muscle pain in the lower left calf. It's been two weeks today, and Sunday was the first pain-free day. I've been icing and stretching it daily, plus going for 30+ minute walks to keep it from getting too tight. I'm planning to get back on the bike tonight or tomorrow morning. I've never had anything like it before - it took a lot of strength out of my leg. But I still have 6 1/2 weeks till race day, which is plenty of time. And I should probably add some basic strength training to prevent stuff like this in the future. Any recommendations?

In other news, I got engaged over the weekend! The whole process leading up had consumed a lot of my free time. So now I am extra motivated to get and stay in shape for a likely fall wedding...

Huh.  Interesting.  So tell me more about it.  Where is the pain in the leg?  Does it feel like tightness or does it feel like something is pulled?  I know you were an athlete earlier in life so I'm assuming you know the difference.

Sounds as if you are doing all the right things, but give a bit more info.  Also, go onto the Injury (?) thread and post there.  They also might have some good recommendations.

And finally, CONGRATS!!!!  That is awesome.  Sounds like she is going to get a whole new you by the time the wedding rolls around. 

2009-04-08 12:20 PM
in reply to: #2070309

User image

Denver

Huh.  Interesting.  So tell me more about it.  Where is the pain in the leg?  Does it feel like tightness or does it feel like something is pulled?  I know you were an athlete earlier in life so I'm assuming you know the difference.

Sounds as if you are doing all the right things, but give a bit more info.  Also, go onto the Injury (?) thread and post there.  They also might have some good recommendations.

And finally, CONGRATS!!!!  That is awesome.  Sounds like she is going to get a whole new you by the time the wedding rolls around. 

Thanks!

It's muscle tightness that led to weakness. In other words, the lower half of my left calf was tight as a brick, then when I would get up from prolonged periods of sitting (at the office, dinner, etc.) or when walking down steps, my left leg would get a sharp pain and lose strength resulting in a slight limp. Fortunately the tightness and pain have subsided. I plan to take extra care tonight (spinerval 30-min recovery workout) and for the next week or so as to not reaggravate it.

Thanks for the tip on the injury (?) blog. I'll post and see if I can get some helpful advice.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Crowny2's HR Redlining Group - MAXED OUT Rss Feed  

of 4