BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jamie's HIM/IM Training Group-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 40

2011-01-15 3:39 PM
in reply to: #3300971

User image

Subject: RE: Jamie's HIM/IM Training Group-OPEN
When I ask the bike shop guys about carbon in a trainer, I get an answer similar to Jamie's.  It makes sense that when you ride a bike, whether on the road or in the trainer, it puts natural strains on the bike...but as long as you don't go nuts back and forth on the trainer, it shouldn't be much different than on the road.

I don't have a trainer, but when I get one, I'll use it for both my full carbon bikes.

2011-01-15 5:20 PM
in reply to: #3301734

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
clewis38 - 2011-01-15 4:39 PM

When I ask the bike shop guys about carbon in a trainer, I get an answer similar to Jamie's.  It makes sense that when you ride a bike, whether on the road or in the trainer, it puts natural strains on the bike...but as long as you don't go nuts back and forth on the trainer, it shouldn't be much different than on the road.

I don't have a trainer, but when I get one, I'll use it for both my full carbon bikes.

Would suggest a Kurt Kinetic trainer when you do get one.....

Jamie
2011-01-15 5:39 PM
in reply to: #3271048

User image

New user
Is your group still open?  Would love to join if possible.
2011-01-15 9:36 PM

User image

Just finished off a good training week with a 10.04 mile run - 1:19:04.  The first 5 or 6 were a little tough, but miles 7-10...I don't know what happened...I suddenly felt super strong and rode that wave home.

Jamie, have you kept a list of the peeps in our group?  I'd like to add everyone as friends (so I can more easily view workout logs), and since we've had a bunch join in the last couple days, I'm not sure who we've got.  If you have a list of the additions since the previous list you posted, that would do.  If you haven't done it, no sweat, I'll just go back thru the thread and compile my own list...just don't want to duplicate efforts.  Thanks again for your diligence and time on this mentor group.  I know it's going to be very beneficial for me, so I, for one, really appreciate it.
2011-01-15 10:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
NAME: Mark

STORY: Was a sedentary drinker and smoker until 2002 when I quit drinking and started running.  Started some cycling and then swimming finally in about 2006.  Over the years have run a cople of marathons, several centuries and lots of 5 and 10ks.   Started doing tris in 2007, Olys at first and then a Half IM last summer.  Would like eventually to do full IM before I get too old.  Was never really an athlete of any sort--played baseball and golf in HS, then anything where beer was allowed or involved!  I am slow and getting old, but am still constantly surpised that I can move as far as I do sometimes.  Speed is definitely secondary to just getting out there!

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 2 kids-boy freshman in HS, girl 7th grade

CURRENT TRAINING: Starting to train in earnest for Wisconsin Marathon, May 8, 2011.  Also trying to swim 3 or 4x week and 2 or 3 trainer rides.

2010 RACES: Racine Half IM, Northshore Half Marathon, Bigfoot, Bangs Lake and Chicago Olys
2011 Races: Wisconsin Marathon, Racine HIM.  Then???  Rev3 Cedar Point?  Chicago Marathon??

WEIGHTLOSS: Am about 12 lbs above where I was after Racine.  Am trying to get back to that.  Am involved in a "15lbs in 15 weeks" weightloss challenge here, trying to drop a pound a week. Would really like to be down to 150 by the Marathon and maintain thru Racine.  Am focussing on eating better, healthier choices, moderation and consistent workout routine. 

Need Help with - Nutrition for the longer races; hydration and balance the two.  Racine killed me, was like 95 out that day.  I just died on the run!!!  (3.5 hour!) But, so did many many other people!  So, want to dial in everything and beat my time by at least an hour!  CORE!  I need to get back to working the core. 

Looking forward to this, to have a bunch of people to motivate me and keep me honest!  Looking forward to meeting all of you onhere!!!
2011-01-16 3:35 AM
in reply to: #3301892

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
JBougher - 2011-01-15 6:39 PM

Is your group still open?  Would love to join if possible.

You are welcome to join us. Please post some details about yourself and read the thread to catch up. Feel free to ask questions.

Jamie

2011-01-16 3:53 AM
in reply to: #3302189

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
Right now we have a group of 14 plus myself. I'll probably take 1-2 more in the anticipation that a couple will drop out or decide that this group isn't meeting their needs.

The group as of now:

sbsmann-----------Scott
diamondgirl1973---------Jennifer
jeepguy2358------------Chris
mpdiotte----------------Mike
wallico------------------Wally
vibratingp00-------------Dave
radar987-----------------???
cccoles-------------------Chad
clewis38----------------Cody
alsi071-----------------Alex
danrl88-----------------Dan
syscrash----------------Brien
chicagoman-------------Mark
jbougher------------------??

I don't keep my log on BT. I have a 2 programs on my desktop for that. I will post daily in this thread what I do so everybody knows what I'm up to. I suggest that the group does the same. I have been looking at everybody's logs that I have access to.

One recommendation I have for all of you during your biking sessions is that if you are going short (~1 hour) you have to go hard. Include intervals in your session at or above your predicted race pace using power/HR/RPE. For example, if you plan on racing in Z3 then I would do something like 25% of your time in Z3 (broken into intervals with a minute rest in between), 5-10% in Z4 and the rest in Z2. Slowly over time increase the amount of time you spend in each zone per training session either by adding time to the intervals and/or tying the intervals together. i.e 2X5' interval become 1X10' over time. The goal would be to slowly piece together your efforts so you are doing the entire session at race pace. And guess what? Do it ALL in aero. Remember that you are NOT working out. You are TRAINING. That means that you are practicing for a specific task. That task is to race at a certain zone in a certain position for a certain distance. Make sense??

Jamie

Edited by jamiej 2011-01-16 4:02 AM
2011-01-16 4:00 AM
in reply to: #3302238

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
ChicagoMan65 - 2011-01-15 11:26 PM

NAME: Mark

STORY: Was a sedentary drinker and smoker until 2002 when I quit drinking and started running.  Started some cycling and then swimming finally in about 2006.  Over the years have run a cople of marathons, several centuries and lots of 5 and 10ks.   Started doing tris in 2007, Olys at first and then a Half IM last summer.  Would like eventually to do full IM before I get too old.  Was never really an athlete of any sort--played baseball and golf in HS, then anything where beer was allowed or involved!  I am slow and getting old, but am still constantly surpised that I can move as far as I do sometimes.  Speed is definitely secondary to just getting out there!

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 2 kids-boy freshman in HS, girl 7th grade

CURRENT TRAINING: Starting to train in earnest for Wisconsin Marathon, May 8, 2011.  Also trying to swim 3 or 4x week and 2 or 3 trainer rides.

2010 RACES: Racine Half IM, Northshore Half Marathon, Bigfoot, Bangs Lake and Chicago Olys
2011 Races: Wisconsin Marathon, Racine HIM.  Then???  Rev3 Cedar Point?  Chicago Marathon??

WEIGHTLOSS: Am about 12 lbs above where I was after Racine.  Am trying to get back to that.  Am involved in a "15lbs in 15 weeks" weightloss challenge here, trying to drop a pound a week. Would really like to be down to 150 by the Marathon and maintain thru Racine.  Am focussing on eating better, healthier choices, moderation and consistent workout routine. 

Need Help with - Nutrition for the longer races; hydration and balance the two.  Racine killed me, was like 95 out that day.  I just died on the run!!!  (3.5 hour!) But, so did many many other people!  So, want to dial in everything and beat my time by at least an hour!  CORE!  I need to get back to working the core. 

Looking forward to this, to have a bunch of people to motivate me and keep me honest!  Looking forward to meeting all of you onhere!!!

Thanks for your details Mark. Never fear about your 'history'. My father-in-law quit smoking and started running then triathlon when he was ~50. He's now 68. Guess what? He's run Boston 10+ times and has qualified and raced in Kona 3X times. The last time he was there was 2 years ago in the M65-69 division. So, it's never too late!

Never knew that Wisconsin had a marathon in May. I would think that with the harsh winters they would have a fall marathon to give the locals a chance to train. It's pretty demanding to try to train for a marathon and a triathlon. Believe it or not a stand alone marathon is far, far, far harder than an IM. In IM you just can't get the speed that you can in a stand alone mary so you can't put the hurt on yourself quite so easily!

Jamie
2011-01-16 7:07 AM
in reply to: #3302326

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario
jamiej - 2011-01-16 4:53 AM Right now we have a group of 14 plus myself. I'll probably take 1-2 more in the anticipation that a couple will drop out or decide that this group isn't meeting their needs. The group as of now: sbsmann-----------Scott diamondgirl1973---------Jennifer jeepguy2358------------Chris mpdiotte----------------Mike wallico------------------Wally vibratingp00-------------Dave radar987-----------------??? cccoles-------------------Chad clewis38----------------Cody alsi071-----------------Alex danrl88-----------------Dan syscrash----------------Brien chicagoman-------------Mark jbougher------------------?? I don't keep my log on BT. I have a 2 programs on my desktop for that. I will post daily in this thread what I do so everybody knows what I'm up to. I suggest that the group does the same. I have been looking at everybody's logs that I have access to. One recommendation I have for all of you during your biking sessions is that if you are going short (~1 hour) you have to go hard. Include intervals in your session at or above your predicted race pace using power/HR/RPE. For example, if you plan on racing in Z3 then I would do something like 25% of your time in Z3 (broken into intervals with a minute rest in between), 5-10% in Z4 and the rest in Z2. Slowly over time increase the amount of time you spend in each zone per training session either by adding time to the intervals and/or tying the intervals together. i.e 2X5' interval become 1X10' over time. The goal would be to slowly piece together your efforts so you are doing the entire session at race pace. And guess what? Do it ALL in aero. Remember that you are NOT working out. You are TRAINING. That means that you are practicing for a specific task. That task is to race at a certain zone in a certain position for a certain distance. Make sense?? Jamie

You forgot me on the list. Wink 
2011-01-16 7:11 AM
in reply to: #3302378

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
RVachon - 2011-01-16 8:07 AM

jamiej - 2011-01-16 4:53 AM Right now we have a group of 14 plus myself. I'll probably take 1-2 more in the anticipation that a couple will drop out or decide that this group isn't meeting their needs. The group as of now: sbsmann-----------Scott diamondgirl1973---------Jennifer jeepguy2358------------Chris mpdiotte----------------Mike wallico------------------Wally vibratingp00-------------Dave radar987-----------------??? cccoles-------------------Chad clewis38----------------Cody alsi071-----------------Alex danrl88-----------------Dan syscrash----------------Brien chicagoman-------------Mark jbougher------------------?? I don't keep my log on BT. I have a 2 programs on my desktop for that. I will post daily in this thread what I do so everybody knows what I'm up to. I suggest that the group does the same. I have been looking at everybody's logs that I have access to. One recommendation I have for all of you during your biking sessions is that if you are going short (~1 hour) you have to go hard. Include intervals in your session at or above your predicted race pace using power/HR/RPE. For example, if you plan on racing in Z3 then I would do something like 25% of your time in Z3 (broken into intervals with a minute rest in between), 5-10% in Z4 and the rest in Z2. Slowly over time increase the amount of time you spend in each zone per training session either by adding time to the intervals and/or tying the intervals together. i.e 2X5' interval become 1X10' over time. The goal would be to slowly piece together your efforts so you are doing the entire session at race pace. And guess what? Do it ALL in aero. Remember that you are NOT working out. You are TRAINING. That means that you are practicing for a specific task. That task is to race at a certain zone in a certain position for a certain distance. Make sense?? Jamie

You forgot me on the list. Wink 

oops. You're on my paper list here at my desk but I must have skipped you. Sorry. Too much coffee!

jamie
2011-01-16 7:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
EZ 4 mile run completed today. Gives me 20 for the week. After last year, I'm trying to reclaim some of my life so I'm not going to do much more than 35mpw for my HIM this year.

Also, I used some of my Christmas presents. Kona coffee from a farm we visited before the race, a grinder and a french press. deeeelicious! But, I'm kinda shaky b/c I think I made it way too strong!

Jamie

Edited by jamiej 2011-01-16 7:14 AM

2011-01-16 9:53 AM

User image

New user
My name is Jerry

Here is my info:

STORY:  I have tried to be athletic all my life.  I played multiple sports in HS and was a collegiate rower for 3 years.  After college, I got a little lazy and did not do so much in terms of working out.  I decided to run a Half Marathon in 2001 to change that.  Since then I have run 8 HM and 2 Marathons (2008 & 2009).  I started swimming as an alternative to running when i suffered from shinsplints and I got into Tris because I found that my body couldnt take the just running way to get a workout.   

I have several friends that participate in a local Tri, so I decided to try it out in 2009.  I chose the Olympic distance because I felt I needed the challenge.  I set a goal of 3 hrs and just missed it.  I have been hooked ever since.  I have done a few sprints and 4 Olympic distances since last year.
Finishing the year racing the San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz. 

FAMILY STATUS: Married w/ no kids

CURRENT TRAINING: Swimming/Biking and Running.  I really enjoy it and find that I need to being doing some kind of activity to feel active.  Have been using Training Peaks Program and was just starting Progressive Power Training on my Computrainer.

2010 RACES: Elkhart Lake Oly, Oshkosh Oly, San Francisco Tri at Alcatraz, Fort4 fitness Half Marathon 2011 RACES: EL Sprint, High Cliff HIM, Oshkosh Oly, Fort4 Fitness Half Marathon

WEIGHTLOSS: Not really an area of focus for me but would love to get to about 175. I am currently 190 but I am usually around 180 -185 during racing season
2011-01-16 12:03 PM
in reply to: #3302560

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
JBougher - 2011-01-16 10:53 AM

My name is Jerry

Here is my info:

STORY:  I have tried to be athletic all my life.  I played multiple sports in HS and was a collegiate rower for 3 years.  After college, I got a little lazy and did not do so much in terms of working out.  I decided to run a Half Marathon in 2001 to change that.  Since then I have run 8 HM and 2 Marathons (2008 & 2009).  I started swimming as an alternative to running when i suffered from shinsplints and I got into Tris because I found that my body couldnt take the just running way to get a workout.   

I have several friends that participate in a local Tri, so I decided to try it out in 2009.  I chose the Olympic distance because I felt I needed the challenge.  I set a goal of 3 hrs and just missed it.  I have been hooked ever since.  I have done a few sprints and 4 Olympic distances since last year.
Finishing the year racing the San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz. 

FAMILY STATUS: Married w/ no kids

CURRENT TRAINING: Swimming/Biking and Running.  I really enjoy it and find that I need to being doing some kind of activity to feel active.  Have been using Training Peaks Program and was just starting Progressive Power Training on my Computrainer.

2010 RACES: Elkhart Lake Oly, Oshkosh Oly, San Francisco Tri at Alcatraz, Fort4 fitness Half Marathon 2011 RACES: EL Sprint, High Cliff HIM, Oshkosh Oly, Fort4 Fitness Half Marathon

WEIGHTLOSS: Not really an area of focus for me but would love to get to about 175. I am currently 190 but I am usually around 180 -185 during racing season

Thanks for the info Jerry. You have a CT and that is good. Do you race w/power as well?
Jamie
2011-01-16 2:47 PM

User image

New user
No, I do not have a Power setup for my bike.  Interested in getting something in the furture.  At this point, I also ride a roadie for my races.  I would also say that I would like to learn more on nutrition for this kind of distance.  The runs have killed my races, which is partially due to some nagging knee issues. 

2011-01-16 3:22 PM
in reply to: #3302944

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
JBougher - 2011-01-16 3:47 PM

No, I do not have a Power setup for my bike.  Interested in getting something in the furture.  At this point, I also ride a roadie for my races.  I would also say that I would like to learn more on nutrition for this kind of distance.  The runs have killed my races, which is partially due to some nagging knee issues. 

Read the history of the thread and you'll find some stuff on hydration/nutrition/salt.

Bad runs are the almost always the result of cooking it on the bike. Having the CT should help you gauge your efforts so you are used to going right around 85% of your FTP which is on the high end of HIM pace. Unfortunately you can't race with the CT so you'll have to cross reference your power with a HR and go on that. Never chase an MPH average. That will lead to huge problems.

Jamie
2011-01-16 3:36 PM

User image

Windsor, ON
Today's long run done. 14.5km.  Way too cold though, dressed well enough except for my hands, one pair of gloves did not come close to cutting it.  I couldn't even get my gloves off when I got home because my fingers were too numb to grab them. 

Time to invest in some hot packs.

Pace was really slow, but kept the HR below my "aerobic max."  This is a tough way to train, although it feels easier which allows me to go a little further and feel fresher each day. 

2011-01-16 3:39 PM
in reply to: #3302987

User image

Regular
Cincinnati
Saturday was a bust.  Worked on the house all morning and afternoon and fried my energy also felt very run down.  Ended up going to bed at 8:30 pm and slept till 6:30.  Wild Saturday Night!

So had to get out today and got 11.27 miles at a 8:29 pace.  Was very easy and relaxed!

Monday is a day of rest....Yea
2011-01-16 4:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
I'm sick of this cold weather as well. I've taken to running around an indoor track from time to time. It's sooo nice to not create and entire load of laundry for one run. I haven't seen my (dead) grass in weeks. It's pretty depressing.

Swimming @ 5:30am in the winter sucks as well. Up for me tomorrow is masters swim and then 5 mile run over lunch. Possible 1hr bike tomorrow evening if I feel up to it.

Jamie
2011-01-16 6:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Abbotsford
If anyone is looking at my log I'm on a weekend break. I have taken my kids to whistler for skiing till Tuesday. Be back on track Tuesday night
2011-01-16 7:56 PM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Finished up the weekend with a nice little 7.5 miler at the Pettit Center (ice rink with indoor running track).  It was a good week of training for me and to top it off the Green Bay Packers made it to the NFC Championship game!  Tomorrow I have an easy ride on the trainer (morn or eve...not sure yet) and also a lunchtime swim. 

Wanted to touch base again on the salt tablets because I have never used them but will be playing around with them in the near future.  Was curious if the tablets are all about the same size (mg's per tab).  What is the difference between the sticks and tablets or is it one of the same?  And did you mention that you only used them in training and not during races? 

Is this an example of the sticks...http://www.amazon.com/Saltstick-Electrolyte-Capsules-100-bottle/dp/B002IY96B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295226617&sr=8-1

Also another question on nutrtition.  Does anyone use the nutritional powders/mixes like Infinit?  Interested in hearing how well that has worked during a HIM?
2011-01-16 8:54 PM
in reply to: #3303403

User image

Windsor, ON
sbsmann - 2011-01-16 8:56 PM Finished up the weekend with a nice little 7.5 miler at the Pettit Center (ice rink with indoor running track).  It was a good week of training for me and to top it off the Green Bay Packers made it to the NFC Championship game!  Tomorrow I have an easy ride on the trainer (morn or eve...not sure yet) and also a lunchtime swim. 

Wanted to touch base again on the salt tablets because I have never used them but will be playing around with them in the near future.  Was curious if the tablets are all about the same size (mg's per tab).  What is the difference between the sticks and tablets or is it one of the same?  And did you mention that you only used them in training and not during races? 

Is this an example of the sticks...http://www.amazon.com/Saltstick-Electrolyte-Capsules-100-bottle/dp/B002IY96B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295226617&sr=8-1

Also another question on nutrtition.  Does anyone use the nutritional powders/mixes like Infinit?  Interested in hearing how well that has worked during a HIM?

I used Infinit during my first HIM, as it was the drink available on the course.  I could not even finish the one bottle I grabbed on the bike, even when I ran out of anything else to drink I could not stomach it.  My nutrition also fell apart on the run during that race, not saying it was the Infinit.
I am sure mixing it yourself will result in a better taste than the mixed mass they make to hand out on the course, but for me personally I was not a fan. 
All I have ever used in my extensive one year of triathlon is plain old gatorade.

2011-01-17 3:18 AM
in reply to: #3303403

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
sbsmann - 2011-01-16 8:56 PM

Finished up the weekend with a nice little 7.5 miler at the Pettit Center (ice rink with indoor running track).  It was a good week of training for me and to top it off the Green Bay Packers made it to the NFC Championship game!  Tomorrow I have an easy ride on the trainer (morn or eve...not sure yet) and also a lunchtime swim. 

And so did the Steelers! Most of the Salt Stick/Lava Salt/Endurolyte variety are pretty much the same size. Thermotabs are smaller so I took more of them/hr. Good point. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier. I use them in training and racing. You have linked to the ones that I have used over the last 2 seasons.

I've never used any of the magic potions. I like to keep it simple. I drink only water, eat only gel and take salt tabs. I realize the 'simplicity' hook for things like Infinit etc is that all of the stuff is in there in one ez bottle. What always worried me was what I would do if I dropped that bottle on the bike.

Cut and paste from a previous post regarding your 'ez' bike, just a thought:

One recommendation I have for all of you during your biking sessions is that if you are going short (~1 hour) you have to go hard. Include intervals in your session at or above your predicted race pace using power/HR/RPE. For example, if you plan on racing in Z3 then I would do something like 25% of your time in Z3 (broken into intervals with a minute rest in between), 5-10% in Z4 and the rest in Z2. Slowly over time increase the amount of time you spend in each zone per training session either by adding time to the intervals and/or tying the intervals together. i.e 2X5' interval become 1X10' over time. The goal would be to slowly piece together your efforts so you are doing the entire session at race pace. And guess what? Do it ALL in aero. Remember that you are NOT working out. You are TRAINING. That means that you are practicing for a specific task. That task is to race at a certain zone in a certain position for a certain distance. Make sense??

Jamie

Edited by jamiej 2011-01-17 3:21 AM
2011-01-17 9:26 AM
in reply to: #3303712

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
jamiej - 2011-01-17 3:18 AM
sbsmann - 2011-01-16 8:56 PM Finished up the weekend with a nice little 7.5 miler at the Pettit Center (ice rink with indoor running track).  It was a good week of training for me and to top it off the Green Bay Packers made it to the NFC Championship game!  Tomorrow I have an easy ride on the trainer (morn or eve...not sure yet) and also a lunchtime swim. 

And so did the Steelers! Most of the Salt Stick/Lava Salt/Endurolyte variety are pretty much the same size. Thermotabs are smaller so I took more of them/hr. Good point. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier. I use them in training and racing. You have linked to the ones that I have used over the last 2 seasons. I've never used any of the magic potions. I like to keep it simple. I drink only water, eat only gel and take salt tabs. I realize the 'simplicity' hook for things like Infinit etc is that all of the stuff is in there in one ez bottle. What always worried me was what I would do if I dropped that bottle on the bike. Cut and paste from a previous post regarding your 'ez' bike, just a thought: One recommendation I have for all of you during your biking sessions is that if you are going short (~1 hour) you have to go hard. Include intervals in your session at or above your predicted race pace using power/HR/RPE. For example, if you plan on racing in Z3 then I would do something like 25% of your time in Z3 (broken into intervals with a minute rest in between), 5-10% in Z4 and the rest in Z2. Slowly over time increase the amount of time you spend in each zone per training session either by adding time to the intervals and/or tying the intervals together. i.e 2X5' interval become 1X10' over time. The goal would be to slowly piece together your efforts so you are doing the entire session at race pace. And guess what? Do it ALL in aero. Remember that you are NOT working out. You are TRAINING. That means that you are practicing for a specific task. That task is to race at a certain zone in a certain position for a certain distance. Make sense?? Jamie

Yup...points well taken.  Regarding the bike, do you ever suggest having an "easy" spin on the schedule when doing less than an hour?  Often after a weekend where I did both a long ride and a long run, I schedule an easy spin on the bike (< 1 hour) on Monday (and maybe a swim).

For the nutrition I definitely like the idea of not putting so much reliance on the Infinit bottle, but I suppose the same could be said for losing gels or salt tabs during a ride.  I've had success with Powergels/water/Gatorade on longer runs and hope that along with the salt tabs will work for me on HIM's.  However there is also a little voice inside me that says the "convenience" hook of the Infinit is kind convenient if it works for me.

It won't be long until I go to the laboratory and run some tests!

2011-01-17 9:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Looks like maybe you're taking one more? I'd love to join if you have room for another Dave in the group. I'm doing my first IM (Texas) this year and could use the motivation.

I'll post a bio a little later if you'll take me.

-Dave
2011-01-17 9:57 AM

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario
I've recently started using Infinit, so far only trying the RUN ORANGE version on a 17k long run a couple weeks ago, and so far, it's the best I've used.  Gatorade simply gives me heartburn, and Hammer well, the taste is absolutely terrible.  I did have Infinit at the Welland Tri last year, and they had a bad mixture as the taste sucked there also, but you mix it yourself, it's taste good...not strong like Gatorade.

With that said, I'll probably use Infinit exclusively for all my training & races this year.  Maybe it's just brainwash but the science behind it seems more creditable than the other nutrition suppliers other there.  Most races around here use either Gatorade or Hammer so I guess I'll be bringing my own potions and use the course water.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jamie's HIM/IM Training Group-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 40