BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2010-12-08 7:14 AM
in reply to: #2778561

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED
Thanks guys! Tammy that shirt is AWESOME - I so need that!I'll send you the password as soon as I'm done here Wilson, would it work best if I just mailed you the the CD of the pictures? Or attach some to an e-mail, or what? Hilde- I love the 2x4 on a pullet idea! LOL!

2010-12-08 12:10 PM
in reply to: #3240778

User image

Extreme Veteran
Marsha, the photos are AMAZING, and so are you! I'm not even sure I have the strength to hold some of those poses, let alone look good while doing it! And the dog collar and cuffs are a really cute addition!
2010-12-09 3:51 PM

User image

Expert
Ooo! May I see the photos too, please, Marsha? Can't wait!

Tammy-- LOVE the t-shirt! Wilson, great quotation you posted a while back! Amazing how many synonyms we can find for "HTFU," isn't it? Laughing

Good to be feeling more or less human again...I'm back at the run tomorrow!
2010-12-09 7:44 PM
in reply to: #3240653

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Love the new shirt Tammy..haha.. I could have used one of those awhile ago...
2010-12-09 7:53 PM
in reply to: #3240735

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2010-12-08 7:27 AM Marsha, I didn't want to ASSUME you wore the dog collar and wrist bands for US, although it certainly seemed a coincidence!  You should have hooked a studded leather leash to the collar and just let it drag around behind you, ha ha!  Although that probably would have taken away from the clear vision of your awesome muscles!  I'm glad we were with you in spirit!!  I wish you had a video of your S&M performance... Wilson could watch it over and over in his torture basement...

Videos in basement....ohhhh....ohhhhh....more videos in the basement!!! haha... I watch P90X and Spinervals at this point...lame, I know.  Some S&M might be just what the doctor ordered!!!  Hilde, I'm sure you could direct me to the right website to order the video...and It's obvious that Marsha can hook me up with a fetish leather store...and now we know Tammy has "special" shops that sell t-shirts like that..wonder what else they sell....dunno....LMAO...you guys are a hoot!!!
2010-12-10 12:36 PM

User image

Expert
*Joins in the loud applause for Marsha's photos*

Those are INCREDIBLE-- way to go! I'm so proud of you for doing all it took to get there-- and the shout-out to the MMM gang is delightful!

Once again, MMMers ROCK!!

GO HILDE in the half-maryathon tomorrow! You'll ROCK it, girl!!

2010-12-10 5:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Thanks again for the praises on the pictures gang!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HILDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about you rocking the 1/2! I hope your shoes hold up and don't give you too much trouble!
2010-12-11 6:37 AM
in reply to: #3244888

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!  The weather is looking perfect, it's 53 at 6:30 a.m. and supposed to top out around 60 at noon and then we have a cold front blowing in this afternoon...  Tammy (TTucker) is running the half today too and she wants to run together, ha ha.... that will  last maybe 1/4 mile till she speeds ahead of me!  She hasn't been able to train the way she wanted to, so my saving grace may be that she has to walk now and then towards the end.  I'll try and post when I get home, but we are heading out to visit some old friends this afternoon so I may not get a chance till this evening....
2010-12-11 9:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Oh good! I wasn't sure if Tammy decided to run it or not after reading that she had been sick. GOOOOOOO TAAAAAMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!

I can't wait to hear about it all when you get back. Have both of you run 1/2's before?
2010-12-11 12:36 PM
in reply to: #3245160

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Thank GOD it's OVER!!  NOT a personal best in spite of my best intentions... I think I came in about 2:28ish, 11:04 pace-ish, haven't downloaded info.  First loop was awesome, was definitely on track for a PR, checked my pace, 10:35, thought I could just pick it up a little but then I made a turn into the monster headwind... it was all swirling around from headwind to crosswind, not too  much tailwind and I really started hurting at around mile 8... could feel blisters forming, toes felt like they were hammering the ends of my shoes, just ugh.  Ended up doing some walking after mile 10, and couldn't stomach the last Gu gel, but I did make it across the finish line "running" although I felt like crawling!!  No bling, I'm thinking I took 4th AG, but won't know till I check results later.  Tammy did great, she took off and I never saw her again till I hit the finish...  check my blog later for official results and race report!
2010-12-11 3:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Way to go Hilde - nice job hanging in there - I'm pretty certain I couldn't even finish one running at this point so, kudos to you!

2010-12-12 1:09 PM

User image

Expert
Hilde and Tammy ROCK!! Way to get the half-maryathon DONE, ladies: that's fantastic!
2010-12-12 7:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Check this out!! http://www.winterwild.com/ I think I'm going to sign up for this 4 race series at local ski hills and do them all running with my snowshoes...FUN!!!!
2010-12-12 8:35 PM
in reply to: #3246057

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
BIG BOW AND CHEER FOR TAMMY AND HILDE!!!!  GREAT JOB COMPLETING YOUR 13.1 MILES OF JOY!!!

Sealed 
2010-12-12 8:41 PM
in reply to: #3246057

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2010-12-12 8:59 PM Check this out!! http://www.winterwild.com/ I think I'm going to sign up for this 4 race series at local ski hills and do them all running with my snowshoes...FUN!!!!

Marsha, that does sound interesting.  I've never really skied or used snow shoes....so I'd have to go with the running shoe option....I think I might bring up a big black plastic bag in my back pocket and just slide down...that'd be much easier and more fun!!  And according to the rules I have to bring back what I carry up...haha  I did ski in Portland OR, down Mt. Hood at nigh....that is a very funny story.  I thought I was going to die...seriously.  I spent the rest of the night drinking lots of dark been telling my war story..haha
2010-12-13 4:51 AM
in reply to: #3246095

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Marsha, that sounds like a HARD race!!  OMG, in showshoes too??  Sounds like fun too, though.  And you want to do all four??  You are a crazy woman!

2010-12-13 7:59 PM
in reply to: #3246278

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Got home from the 84 deg water park - ready to go inside and workout...But NO, I almost couldn't get in the driveway!!!  What the FU*#&$&CK....leave for a day and bam....snow all over the place.  It took me an hour to clear the drive...but thankfully I had some very big help..!!! My kind of LADY!!  I'll be honest...I watched her as she cleared my drive...so I didn't count it as a workout. haha

I gotta move...I really hate the cold weather and especially snow!!  UGH...Work tomorrow!!! YEAH~! 
2010-12-13 8:06 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL Wilson! Love that you had a "snow bunny" helper! I LOVE the idea of sliding down on a trash bag - wheeeee!

Hilde - I agree they sound hard but, fun too! They should keep me motivated to keep on running since I've been wanting to skip that lately and just lift. And besides, you all know by now I like to sign up for things that make me push my limits! But, unless we start to get some snow here soon I'm not so sure they'll be so much fun - they'll just be a big ol hilly run if there's no snow
2010-12-14 7:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone!  I'm looking for a new bike - can't ride my daughter's bike forever, right?  Ladies, what size bike do you ride (and how tall are you).  Sorry, Wilson, I don't think I'd fit whatever you ride.  How do I get a bike fit before actually going to a professional fitter?  In other words, I guess I have to buy the bike first before I can actually take it for a professional fit and I don't know what size to get.  I'm 5'9".  Any thoughts or tips?
2010-12-14 11:07 PM
in reply to: #3249072

User image

Extreme Veteran
peggyf - 2010-12-14 5:27 PM Hi everyone!  I'm looking for a new bike - can't ride my daughter's bike forever, right?  Ladies, what size bike do you ride (and how tall are you).  Sorry, Wilson, I don't think I'd fit whatever you ride.  How do I get a bike fit before actually going to a professional fitter?  In other words, I guess I have to buy the bike first before I can actually take it for a professional fit and I don't know what size to get.  I'm 5'9".  Any thoughts or tips?

Peggy, my hubby says to just look it up on a bike fitment chart like this one:

http://bicycling.about.com/od/howtoride/a/bike_sizing.htm 

Then a professional fitting is highly recommended, of course. I don't know if you have a Bikes Direct store in your area, but my local one only charged $30 for a fitting, and he did a great job! Good luck! 
2010-12-15 6:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Yes, I have a Bikes Direct store in the area; that's why I wanted to figure out where to start in terms of size.  I don't know whether they do professional fits.  Thanks for the chart.

2010-12-15 7:57 AM
in reply to: #3249293

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Peggy, I ride a 51, but I'm 5'5" and have short legs.  I probably did it backwards, but I found the bike I wanted, went to the store and then they fitted (is that a word?) me on it.  I've done a little tweaking on my own, especially when I got the Adamo saddle.  It didn't cost me anything extra, it was part of the bike purchase.  What are you looking at getting?
2010-12-15 11:16 AM

User image

Expert
Peggy, my LBS does fittings as well as sales, so I actually went in for a detailed fitting before acquiring my bike there-- turns out they recommended the very bike (a Cannondale Synapse) I was researching anyway! I ride a 58-- I'm about 5'10" with long legs. They happily swapped out the original handlebars for a narrower set to fit my shoulders, and the rest has worked out beautifully so far.
2010-12-15 9:54 PM
in reply to: #3249761

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Peggy, my experience here was I visited my LBS and told them I was interested in challenging Lance Armstrong...They took one look at me and said..."You're our #1 priority Mr. Silverthorne"...I knew I was in!!   There was also talk about corporate sponsorship but I turned them down..... Anyhow they took some measurements and told me what size bike frame I should fit...I road about 10 different bikes with that frame size (along with one size up and down) and compared the feel.  They told me once we get the frame size right they could dial in everything else after I purchased the bike.  When I left the store I knew bike size that I needed and a preference for a brand.  I got on Craigs list and found the exact brand and size (Giant OCR1 XL frame (58)) bike...I actually got a higher end bike by purchasing it used - for my budget.  I then took this bike to the bike shop and had it professionally fitted.  It took about 3 hours or so to do everything.  I had to change out the saddle and handlebars.  They measured my butt bones (exciting huh) using a gel pad and the saddle fit perfectly.....ton more comfy than my original.  And they had to order the largest handlebars they could find before custom made ones.....I'm wide I guess.  And they set everything else up for me....recorded all the settings and sent me on my way...they even did my shoes/cleats too.  They also did a power analysis and gave me drills to practice to better my power output so it would be more uniform.  I left pretty happy and have been very comfy on my bike ever since....major major difference from when I bought the bike.  I think now I need to get it done again because I can actually bend over and grab the drops now....haha..yippie....that cost me $300 I think to have it done...In my opinion well worth the time and cash.  My experience....hope that may help some.  Orlando must have a similar store with that capability!
2010-12-15 10:16 PM
in reply to: #3250486

User image

Extreme Veteran
Incidentally, Peggy, the BikesDirect fitting was at the other end of the spectrum - only $30! It didn't have the computerized power analysis or video or anything, just a friendly and knowledgeable shop guy who tweaked everything (handlebar height and angle, brake position, seat position, installed clipless pedals) and even did a light tune-up as he went. I didn't need any new parts, so that helped keep the cost down. So ask around about fittings in your area; there's a wide range!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 41