BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-09-22 9:04 AM
in reply to: #4423197

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!

OFFICIAL MAGICAL Mys-Tri Tour Race list 2012-13

**2012**

Sept 23    Fort2Base 10 Nautical Miles-Matt!  (ha stole this from your log Good luck man!

Oct  7     Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 7      Chicago Marathon - Quincy & Dave

Oct 20    Chicago Monster Dash 13.1  - AMANDA!

Oct 27    Tri the Rez Sprint - Pam

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah  (Sarah is going to KILL this!)

***2013***

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

Free Limited edition Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees

(Nope neither Mrs. Renfro  nor the fine makers of Gatorade sponsor us, though we are totally for sale)

My vision on what our convention would look like:  ( I mean this in a "good" way)

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave, Quincy

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave, Quincy

June 9- Batavia Sprint- Quincy  (Dave maybe)

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave, Quincy

July   Y-Tri -Quincy

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave, Quincy

Aug 12?  Rev3 Wisc Dells 70.3 -Quincy

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave  **depends on a few check points being accomplished**

Oct 12? - Chicago Marathon - Dave

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-09-22 9:23 AM

2012-09-22 12:18 PM
in reply to: #4421885

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Yes you and your DW will have your work cut out for you. I am the oldest of 4 boys. The biggest challenge for her will be making sure EVERYONE puts the seat DOWN!!

GOD BLESS
Tom
2012-09-22 12:20 PM
in reply to: #4422858

User image

Veteran
So glad you asked!!

Now I know what the cowbells are for.
2012-09-22 12:24 PM
in reply to: #4423020

User image

Veteran
oriolepwr - 2012-09-21 10:02 PM

Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

Everyone consider Memphis in May.  You know the that little Tri thing they hold just to serve as the Magical Mys-Tri Tour's featured race.  (free Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees)

Here are events still on the calendar.

Oct         Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah  (how are you feeling for this Sarah?)

Please peeps update the list with your plans so we can support Y'all!

OMG - Now I know I'm coming just for the Cucumber Gatorade!!

2012-09-22 12:42 PM
in reply to: #4128570

User image

Expert
Hammond
Hi Guys,
This is just a quick fly by visit but I promise to sit and really catch up a little later this weekend.

Things have been crazy around here since Isaac blew through. The pool at the gym has had a few issues so I've done no swimming at all. As you can tell by the updates- hehe. School for my dd has been crazy- it always is at the start of a school year. She has to work hard for her grades and I get to work right there with her. I have been able to go to grammar school all over again- yippee- right? Umm no! But what's a mom to do. That has seriously cut into my training and computer time, but it's certainly the priority.

I have been reading all the posts but one thing or another always pulls me off the computer before I can sit and respond.

TJ- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am dying to see pics. 11+ pounds is not a newborn, that is a toddler- hehe. I'll bet he is just gorgeous.

Pam- welcome to the group. I'm so glad you jumped in. I think you're a perfect match for our crazy bunch. I was there drinking the wine with you the other night- I was just very, very quiet. Everytime you kept wondering where it all was going to- I was pouring myself another glass- hehe. I am impressed that you read all the posts. I get overwhelmed when I just get a couple pages behind- like now- lol.

Yvonne- so glad to see your posts. I felt like you when I saw Sarah's totals update- like oh yeah I am supposed to be doing three sports- lol. I keep trying to talk myself into getting in the pool but the water is sooo cold since the storm. I'm just a ninny. But Sarah's posts are getting pretty convincing. That 0 for my swim total is haunting me- lol.

Just wanted to check in quickly. As usual, I really need to get off the computer. Ten things at least needing my attention. I didn't want you guys to think I took all the wine and cheese and ran away- lol.

Shelly
2012-09-22 12:58 PM
in reply to: #4423235

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 10:04 AM

OFFICIAL MAGICAL Mys-Tri Tour Race list 2012-13

**2012**

Sept 23    Fort2Base 10 Nautical Miles-Matt!  (ha stole this from your log Good luck man!

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah  (Sarah is going to KILL this!)

***2013***

Jan 5 - Pam, hopefully a 12-hour in Tallahassee, FL.  Got to wait to see if they get the permits.

Feb 3 - Pam, Tallahassee Marathon

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

Free Limited edition Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees

(Nope neither Mrs. Renfro  nor the fine makers of Gatorade sponsor us, though we are totally for sale)

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave, Quincy

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave, Quincy

June 9- Batavia Sprint- Quincy  (Dave maybe)

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave, Quincy

July   Y-Tri -Quincy

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave, Quincy

Aug 12?  Rev3 Wisc Dells 70.3 -Quincy

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave  **depends on a few check points being accomplished**

Thanks for the welcome Shelly!  And I'm so glad to know that you were drinking the wine behind my back 'cuz I was wondering where the stuff was going.

Q, I really don't know what happened to my back.  I thought it was due to a new med, doctor told me it's because I'm old and doing too much (He's lucky I was feeling so bad 'cuz I wanted to tromp his arse for that.}, Gloomy Gus at work has diagnosed arthritis (spelling?).... Who knows?  Ibuprophen helps but it's still spazing.  Good news is doctor gave me some muscle relaxers.  Bad news is no drinking while I'm taking them.

2012-09-23 7:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Q - Thank you for your vote of confidence. Dave, I do feel pretty good about my training so far, but usually when that is the case, I somehow derail shortly before race time. I'm trying to start a new trend of being well prepared, confident, and actually performing well...we'll see!!

Tom - I'm sorry you're still injured. I know you're itching to get back into training. Can you do swimming, or something non-impact?

TJ - I was a 10 pounder at birth...big babies rule!!!

Shelly and Yvonne - You do as many (or as few) sports as you want!! There's no judging here. We're all just happy you show up!

Pink - Dave is right...we needed some new blood in here to get things going again!

Mike - Sending some swimming mojo your way...and taking some of your running mojo!!

Jackie, Alicia, Rob, Matt, - wherever you are....we miss you...are you coming back?!?!?!?!

There! I think I have managed to get to everyone on the Mys-tri Tour!!

2012-09-23 7:09 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
Todd!!! I'm sorry I didn't include you!! You're like our silent investor!! You don't say much but you sure do perform!!
2012-09-25 7:45 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

I just saw this!   SO true.    Thought y'all might like it too.

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-09-25 7:48 PM
2012-09-25 10:25 PM
in reply to: #4423232

User image

Master
St. Louis
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 9:01 AM
quincyf - 2012-09-22 8:44 AM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 8:03 AM Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

Everyone consider Memphis in May.  You know the that little Tri thing they hold just to serve as the Magical Mys-Tri Tour's featured race.  (free Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees)

***2013***

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention-(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave

Oh dear are we already 2013ing it? No IM for us next year...I think every other year is enough. Let me think it through and add on...are we doing both races in Memphis? Why am I even asking this?     

I agree with you.  IM every other year.   Too tough to do every year.     Absolutely both races in Memphis that's a huge part of what makes this a great event.   :-)

I think we will also do Batavia and maybe go back to our Y-tri in July schedule permitting. Yes on Bigfoot and Door County. Also thinking about the Dells HIM in August. That won't work for the Levs/Carnies.

Perhaps will do Batavia with you!       Bigfoot is now a tradition.    Door county will be fun.    Would be great if Mike could make it up as well.       IF IMKY is a no go, which I will know early 2013  will do the Dells!

I am also thinking some serious 5k training and racing early on before tri season starts. I need to keep my speed up.

Pink, what the heck with your back? Do you have a backnobber? It won't respond to Ibuprofen? I hate the idea of missing a race, so sorry that is happening to you!

I would love to do Door County again, beautiful and well run venue, but not sure if it will work out. My race/vacation wish list is a little longer than my number of vacation days. I will decide by the end of the year though. A lot depends on what happens regarding a re-org at work and if I bite the bullet and sign up for Beach to Battleship 140.6. Anyone up for B2B 2013?
2012-09-26 8:35 PM
in reply to: #4427785

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
ransick - 2012-09-25 10:25 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 9:01 AM
quincyf - 2012-09-22 8:44 AM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 8:03 AM Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

***2013***

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention-(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave

Oh dear are we already 2013ing it? No IM for us next year...I think every other year is enough. Let me think it through and add on...are we doing both races in Memphis? Why am I even asking this?     

I agree with you.  IM every other year.   Too tough to do every year.     Absolutely both races in Memphis that's a huge part of what makes this a great event.   :-)

I think we will also do Batavia and maybe go back to our Y-tri in July schedule permitting. Yes on Bigfoot and Door County. Also thinking about the Dells HIM in August. That won't work for the Levs/Carnies.

Perhaps will do Batavia with you!       Bigfoot is now a tradition.    Door county will be fun.    Would be great if Mike could make it up as well.       IF IMKY is a no go, which I will know early 2013  will do the Dells!

I am also thinking some serious 5k training and racing early on before tri season starts. I need to keep my speed up.

Pink, what the heck with your back? Do you have a backnobber? It won't respond to Ibuprofen? I hate the idea of missing a race, so sorry that is happening to you!

I would love to do Door County again, beautiful and well run venue, but not sure if it will work out. My race/vacation wish list is a little longer than my number of vacation days. I will decide by the end of the year though. A lot depends on what happens regarding a re-org at work and if I bite the bullet and sign up for Beach to Battleship 140.6. Anyone up for B2B 2013?

Mike-  I hear good things about Beach to Battleship.   Would be a great one to do.  The driving distance is a bit much for me.   I hear you on the work thing as well as the race/vacation wish list.  I suffer  the same issues.     We'll see   but you are still up for Memphis  right? 

2012-09-27 8:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Hi all!

I won't be getting around to the stats this week. I was in a bike vs. truck accident on Tuesday morning (I was the bike). I got a concussion and multiple contusions/abrasions, and lots of pain...no broken bones (miraculously)!! I'm just bummed, don't know what to do about Austin, and feeling a bit sorry for myself...so just bear with me.

2012-09-27 9:15 AM
in reply to: #4429836

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 8:50 AM

Hi all!

I won't be getting around to the stats this week. I was in a bike vs. truck accident on Tuesday morning (I was the bike). I got a concussion and multiple contusions/abrasions, and lots of pain...no broken bones (miraculously)!! I'm just bummed, don't know what to do about Austin, and feeling a bit sorry for myself...so just bear with me.

WHAT??   Oh no! Truck Vs. Bike sounds horrific.  It sucks.  And being bummed is totally justified.  But Thank God you were not hurt more! 

You have 4 weeks till your race.    The good news is that you have trained hard and very well.   So even if you had a total week off,  it really will not harm you.    The concussion    well I don't know about that.     I know playing Wide receiver for the Bears is now not an option, but how long do you think it is before you can Run/bike/swim?     Is your bike ok?    Obviously you would want to take it a bit easy getting back to riding on the road  but spinning on a trainer   or spin class would help to maintain alot of your cycling gains.     IDK   I think it just depends on when the doc says its ok to train.    But a week off  could maybe even be a good thing. 

sending positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery.  

I know you are a warrior,  but taking on a Truck?  impressive!  ;-)     (sorry  just a feeble attempt to make you smile)

2012-09-27 9:25 AM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

Holy Crap Sarah!

Glad it is not as bad as it could have been but WOW! What a deal. Hope you heal quickly. 

2012-09-27 9:27 AM
in reply to: #4429895

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
oriolepwr - 2012-09-27 10:15 AM

Hi all!

WHAT??   Oh no! Truck Vs. Bike sounds horrific.  It sucks.  And being bummed is totally justified.  But Thank God you were not hurt more! 

You have 4 weeks till your race.    The good news is that you have trained hard and very well.   So even if you had a total week off,  it really will not harm you.    The concussion    well I don't know about that.     I know playing Wide receiver for the Bears is now not an option, but how long do you think it is before you can Run/bike/swim?     Is your bike ok?    Obviously you would want to take it a bit easy getting back to riding on the road  but spinning on a trainer   or spin class would help to maintain alot of your cycling gains.     IDK   I think it just depends on when the doc says its ok to train.    But a week off  could maybe even be a good thing. 

I know you are a warrior,  but taking on a Truck?  impressive!  ;-)     (sorry  just a feeble attempt to make you smile)

Thanks Dave! It did make me smile. I posted on the open forum to get some advice, but I know this is something I need to run by the docs. My injuries are: moderate/severe concussion, muscle injury to right forearm, possible tendon injury to left shoulder (severe pain with lifting arm over head), "down there" injuries that make thinking about getting on a bike nauseating(I won't elaborate), and some road rash. The concussion is the worst, obviously. I just got out of bed today for the first time, and the nausea from the head injury is just now subsiding. My bike is in dire need of repair and I need a new helmet, so I won't be riding any time soon. I am so sad...DH just shakes his head and says "are you an idiot?" when I tell him I'm going to start running after the weekend. (he means it in the nicest way...I'm sure!) He's actually being really sweet, and says we'll just cancel this one and sign up for another in a couple months. He's put in a lot of training too, so that's a big sacrifice for him. I just can't stand the thought of not training for weeks, and I'm going crazy sitting in this house!!!!

Edited by Sarah73 2012-09-27 9:31 AM
2012-09-27 11:10 AM
in reply to: #4429927

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 9:27 AM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-27 10:15 AM

Hi all!

Thanks Dave! It did make me smile. I posted on the open forum to get some advice, but I know this is something I need to run by the docs. My injuries are: moderate/severe concussion, muscle injury to right forearm, possible tendon injury to left shoulder (severe pain with lifting arm over head), "down there" injuries that make thinking about getting on a bike nauseating(I won't elaborate), and some road rash. The concussion is the worst, obviously. I just got out of bed today for the first time, and the nausea from the head injury is just now subsiding. My bike is in dire need of repair and I need a new helmet, so I won't be riding any time soon. I am so sad...DH just shakes his head and says "are you an idiot?" when I tell him I'm going to start running after the weekend. (he means it in the nicest way...I'm sure!) He's actually being really sweet, and says we'll just cancel this one and sign up for another in a couple months. He's put in a lot of training too, so that's a big sacrifice for him. I just can't stand the thought of not training for weeks, and I'm going crazy sitting in this house!!!!

Stop.

This is a big deal, and this is real. This is what frightens me about riding a bike and frankly this thread could be taking a much more serious turn.

I am glad you are not disabled or worse. I am so upset for you and so relieved that you escaped with the injury you did. However I am SO sorry you are hurt and your race is in jeopardy.

I will offer a couple pieces of advice/counsel and you may take them or leave them as you see fit.

Your body is now in healing mode. There is no more fitness to be gained for quite a while, so please don't worry too much about getting back to any workouts quickly. This doesn't mean you have to be sedentary, but it does mean that sleep and good nutrition should be your main goals. 

Give yourself permission to not decide about the race until race day. 

Respect the concussion.

Keep an eye on the shoulder. If it continues to hurt past your other injuries being healed, you may need a contrast MRI.

Eat well, sleep lots, take pain meds when you are in pain, let people help you.

Again I am so sorry this happened to you. My thoughts are with you today.

Q

2012-09-27 12:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Quincy!

You and DH are always my voice of reason. He just told me this morning: "think about how much energy your body is burning just trying to recover. Just rest and eat for however long it takes."

You are right about cycling, too. I fear for my safety out on busy roads, which is why I don't go on them, but I fear more for my children losing their mom. Sometimes, as much as I love the competition and the challenge, I'm just not sure if it's worth it to take such a risk.

I have made the best friends in the world since moving here a few months ago, and I have a team of women picking up my kids, sitting with me during the day, grocery shopping for me, cooking for me, and really keeping my spirits up....I'm really a blessed person! The hardest part for me is letting other people help. It really takes me out of my comfort zone to ask for help, and to really accept it.

This could have ended so much worse, and I am so grateful that my biggest worry right now is weather I'm going to race or not. Either way, I'm not out for good...and this will just be another bump in the road!

2012-09-27 1:06 PM
in reply to: #4430492

User image

Master
St. Louis
Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 12:56 PM

Thank you, Quincy!

You and DH are always my voice of reason. He just told me this morning: "think about how much energy your body is burning just trying to recover. Just rest and eat for however long it takes."

You are right about cycling, too. I fear for my safety out on busy roads, which is why I don't go on them, but I fear more for my children losing their mom. Sometimes, as much as I love the competition and the challenge, I'm just not sure if it's worth it to take such a risk.

I have made the best friends in the world since moving here a few months ago, and I have a team of women picking up my kids, sitting with me during the day, grocery shopping for me, cooking for me, and really keeping my spirits up....I'm really a blessed person! The hardest part for me is letting other people help. It really takes me out of my comfort zone to ask for help, and to really accept it.

This could have ended so much worse, and I am so grateful that my biggest worry right now is weather I'm going to race or not. Either way, I'm not out for good...and this will just be another bump in the road!

Just caught up on the thread.  Wow, that is very scary stuff.  So glad it wasn't worse Sarah.  Sounds like you have a great support network to help you get through this which is awesome.  I'll send some prayers your way.  Hope you heal up quickly.

2012-09-27 2:14 PM
in reply to: #4429895

User image

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your accident.  I hope you are healing up well.  I love biking on roads, but have to say it can be scary at times with vehicles whizzing by.

Actually, Dave I think she could play wide receiver for the Bears.  Cutler usually throws it to the other team anyway (sorry, had the opening; and I'm feeling ripped up inside from Monday nights travesty)!

2012-09-27 2:22 PM

User image

I will be a silent stalker again for a week - heading to Seattle to try finding me some cucumber gatorade (actually rock climbing in Oregon).  I fly back the night of Saturday Oct 6th and run the Twin Cities marathon on the 7th.  Hopefully my arse won't cramp up too bad from sitting on the cramped plane.  I put the Memphis weekend in the IPhone calendar, so I will try to make that one.  Congrats to T.J.. Take care people!  I don't want to hear about any more injuries when I return
2012-09-27 2:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Missoula

Here is a few pics of Reid. Sorry I didn't share on here sooner. I forget that not everyone I know is on Facebook. 

2012-09-27 4:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida

Sarah, OMG, I'm so sorry!!! Horribly sorry but so thankful that you are ok!  Well except for the concussion, road rash, girlie parts, arm, shoulder.  I'm sorry about the bike too but if something has to take a hit, I'd rather it be the bike than you.  Take it slow and recover. I know that things look dark and gloomy right now.  (Heck, I spent two weeks of August out of commission, two weeks back trying to slowly build up, and now almost two weeks out again.  I'm not a joy to be around which is why I haven't been real active on the forum.)  You will figure out what is best for you because you are a tough, smart lady.  But listen to Quincy because that was great advice.  Will be praying for your recovery. 

Oh T.J., what an awesome, handsome, adorable family!!!!!  Thank you for sharing the photos.

2012-09-27 7:50 PM
in reply to: #4430794

User image

Master
St. Louis
Lesandtj - 2012-09-27 2:51 PM

Here is a few pics of Reid. Sorry I didn't share on here sooner. I forget that not everyone I know is on Facebook. 

Awesome pictures TJ!
2012-09-27 8:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
TJ!!! He is so stinkin' cute!!!! That just made my day so much brighter. Congrats again to you and your BEAUTIFUL wife! She looks awesome...I mean I'm not trying to take anything away from you, but wow...after just giving birth!?!?
2012-09-28 5:39 AM
in reply to: #4431285

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida

Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 9:57 PM TJ!!! He is so stinkin' cute!!!! That just made my day so much brighter. Congrats again to you and your BEAUTIFUL wife! She looks awesome...I mean I'm not trying to take anything away from you, but wow...after just giving birth!?!?

+1 to that.  I had been crying, tears of joy but still, I'm an ugly cryer.  I looked awful.  T.J.'s wife looks like a beautiful madonna.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51