BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-03-30 9:01 AM
in reply to: #2046389

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL

Epyon - 2009-03-28 7:43 PM So I'm having LOTS of trouble running recently.  I can hardly put down any distance and when I do the next day everything is killing me.  Its very discouraging, I ahve thought of giving in all together more times then I would like to admit recently.  This such a departure from how things normally are its almost scary.....

I know this is easier said than done... But DON"T GIVE UP!  There are alternatives, there is rest periods, there is Advil... you can take a break, and continue with the swimming & biking... some cross training, weight training, and see how your overall fitness level is.  Running can always be there for ya.  It is a difficult sport/activity to master.  It is painful, monotonous, and can be very frustrating....depending on your goals (ie speed...)  As well as I run (and Eric may attest to this as well - since he obviously runs very well too) It isn't easy, and it does not happen without some pain, struggle, etc.  Some days are easier and everything clicks... but others, a struggle!  Try to keep the big picture in mind... stay with the general fitness mindset and come back to running when you think you are ready.

2009-03-30 9:22 AM
in reply to: #2046389

User image

Master
New York, NY

Epyon - 2009-03-28 8:43 PM So I'm having LOTS of trouble running recently.  I can hardly put down any distance and when I do the next day everything is killing me.  Its very discouraging, I ahve thought of giving in all together more times then I would like to admit recently.  This such a departure from how things normally are its almost scary.....

As other have said, and I'll attest that it's definitely easier said than done, stick it out and DON'T GIVE UP!  You'll be much happier with yourself down the line for pushing through.  Stick with the 3 P's (and maybe there are more)...patience, persistence and perserverence....YOU CAN DO IT!!  Take a look back at how far you've come already.  There will always be easy days and hard days, and no doubt that training can definitely be frusterating if your body's not cooperating.  But, as Macca said 'If this was easy, everyone would be doing it'.  I think I also know what missing here....you need a suit!!! 

2009-03-30 9:25 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Master
New York, NY
Happy Monday folks!!  Having trouble waking up this morning and getting some work started.  And by work, I mean actual work, not my swimsuit design work
2009-03-30 9:28 AM
in reply to: #2048329

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
KelliD - 2009-03-30 10:22 AM

Epyon - 2009-03-28 8:43 PM So I'm having LOTS of trouble running recently.  I can hardly put down any distance and when I do the next day everything is killing me.  Its very discouraging, I ahve thought of giving in all together more times then I would like to admit recently.  This such a departure from how things normally are its almost scary.....

As other have said, and I'll attest that it's definitely easier said than done, stick it out and DON'T GIVE UP!  You'll be much happier with yourself down the line for pushing through.  Stick with the 3 P's (and maybe there are more)...patience, persistence and perserverence....YOU CAN DO IT!!  Take a look back at how far you've come already.  There will always be easy days and hard days, and no doubt that training can definitely be frusterating if your body's not cooperating.  But, as Macca said 'If this was easy, everyone would be doing it'.  I think I also know what missing here....you need a suit!!! 

I second what everyone has said.  And also, just to throw it out there, I pretty much hate the running part of Tri's.  My body hurts, it doesn't hold up well, and I'm slow as heck.  It's frustrating to me when I can see big improvements in the swim and bike wihtout putting forth a ton of effort, but the run always feels like a challenge.

So I guess I just want to throw it out there that you're not alone.  While lately the runs have been getting easier for me, it's taken a lot of work and mental bribery to get myself to even do them to begin with. 

But if you stick with it, eventually it will get eaiser.

2009-03-30 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2048341

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

KelliD - 2009-03-30 10:25 AM Happy Monday folks!!  Having trouble waking up this morning and getting some work started.  And by work, I mean actual work, not my swimsuit design work

Haha, nice.  Yah, I'm actually half working this morning too and it makes me sad.  I came up with two great suit ideas this weekend! 

2009-03-30 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2048229

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-30 9:50 AM

BT = Bonnie Tyler.... Nice!  Man card is reinstated and laminated! 

Nicole.... thanks for that ear worm... Age of Aquarius... stop the madness, as I repeat the chorus - over and over now!

Would I reveal my pervy-ness if I said - white suits for the girls!  no markings...just plain white suits... talk about super powers! wonder twin powers activate!

Okay, um ew.  That definately constitutes old creepy guy commentary there.

2009-03-30 9:39 AM
in reply to: #2048357

User image

Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 9:29 AM

Nicole.... thanks for that ear worm... Age of Aquarius... stop the madness, as I repeat the chorus - over and over now!

Would I reveal my pervy-ness if I said - white suits for the girls!  no markings...just plain white suits... talk about super powers! wonder twin powers activate!

Hey, hey...now!  I knew it was too good to be true... the Intimidator being all nicey, nice!  I feel much better now that you have slammed my.... in the door! Creepy!  ya cut me deep! Cry

Where's the love....  Dominator and Intimidator - together again!  But noooooo, gotta be on your own.... fine! be that way!

2009-03-30 9:42 AM
in reply to: #2048391

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-30 10:39 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 9:29 AM

Hey, hey...now!  I knew it was too good to be true... the Intimidator being all nicey, nice!  I feel much better now that you have slammed my.... in the door! Creepy!  ya cut me deep! Cry

Where's the love....  Dominator and Intimidator - together again!  But noooooo, gotta be on your own.... fine! be that way!

Aw, now I feel bad.

Okay, you can be my sidekick.  Just no checking out my rack.

2009-03-30 9:46 AM

User image

Sidekick huh?  I ain't nobody's sidekick!  your rack... ha ha... who's creepy now! Lil miss superhero!

Damn, give a girl a good superhero name, and she thinks she something!  Surprised   

2009-03-30 9:50 AM
in reply to: #2048351

User image

Master
New York, NY
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 10:28 AM

While lately the runs have been getting easier for me, it's taken a lot of work and mental bribery to get myself to even do them to begin with. 

While I'm sure many do not consider this a positive training tool, I LOVE mental bribery and use it all too often!!! 

2009-03-30 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2048357

User image

Master
New York, NY
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 10:29 AM

x2.  Haha!

2009-03-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2048432

User image

KelliD - 2009-03-30 9:50 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 10:28 AM

While lately the runs have been getting easier for me, it's taken a lot of work and mental bribery to get myself to even do them to begin with. 

While I'm sure many do not consider this a positive training tool, I LOVE mental bribery and use it all too often!!! 

It is definitely a positive training tool!  What ever works to help you succeed...except for performance drugs of course, is a positive training tool!  I use it occasionally as well!

2009-03-30 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2048435

User image

Hey now, not you too... just when I thought you were alright.  Don't let that lil' superhero corrupt you!  be your own person...

KelliD - 2009-03-30 9:51 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 10:29 AM

x2.  Haha!

2009-03-30 3:45 PM

User image

Okay gang, let me just say... After Friday's fun, a day on BT like this...depressing!  I can't even think of a good stimulating question to ask to foster responses from everyone...

On second thought... M-dot tatoos after an IM? yes, no or maybe so?

I have tatoos... I like some tat's and I am considering getting one if I am succesful in my journey.  I personally am not offended by those who don't like tat's (to each their own) but what is y'alls opinion on the idea. 

Photoshop is up and running... and the creative wheels are in motion (LADIES!)  I will dominate!

2009-03-30 4:11 PM
in reply to: #2049323

User image

Master
New York, NY
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-30 4:45 PM

Okay gang, let me just say... After Friday's fun, a day on BT like this...depressing!  I can't even think of a good stimulating question to ask to foster responses from everyone...

I have tatoos... I like some tat's and I am considering getting one if I am succesful in my journey.  I personally am not offended by those who don't like tat's (to each their own) but what is y'alls opinion on the idea. 

Photoshop is up and running... and the creative wheels are in motion (LADIES!)  I will dominate!

I don't know if there will ever be a day that can compare to Friday!  So much fun!  So many laughs!  And try as you may, you'll never match us  

I've never really had an interest in getting a tattoo.  With the exception of when I went with a friend to get hers....I thought about getting one on the spot...but I think I lasted about 10 seconds in the room with her before I thought I might pass out.  An M-dot tattoo on the other hand...hmmm....it's definitely crossed my mind. 

2009-03-30 5:45 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I'm a tattoo girl and would love to get an Mdot once finish an IM.  However, husband hates them (he's not even a fan of the one I already have) so I might have to do some convincing there.

2009-03-30 5:47 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

As a side note, I had pretty much one of the worst most ego-deflating days ever at work today and have decided to bail on my training and get drunk tonight.

See, told ya'll it wouldn't last long.

Feel free to pat my head and tell me everything is going to be all right... I could use it. 

2009-03-30 9:16 PM
in reply to: #2049545

User image

Master
New York, NY
Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 6:47 PM

As a side note, I had pretty much one of the worst most ego-deflating days ever at work today and have decided to bail on my training and get drunk tonight.

Feel free to pat my head and tell me everything is going to be all right... I could use it. 

Sorry to hear about your day!!!  Do you need me to come down there and kick some a$$??!?!!  Have a few (or a lot) drinks, shake it off.  It might not feel like it when you first wake up tomorrow bc there's a good chance you'll feel like $hit, but tomorrow is a NEW DAY, and it's going to be sunny and awesome!  Let me also remind you that you & all your hotness was able to fit into an awesome dress on Monday!

If that doesn't do it, here's a photo from my run.....

(IMG_3244.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_3244.jpg (44KB - 1 downloads)
2009-03-31 7:32 AM
in reply to: #2049323

User image

Master
Houston

I'm not a huge fan of tatoos but M-dot is actually something I would consider... I'd of course have to do an IM first which isn't really in any of my upcoming plans

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-03-30 3:45 PM

2009-03-31 7:34 AM
in reply to: #2049545

User image

Master
Houston

Well that sucks! Hope you feel better after some drinks and are ready to get back to work/training.

Nicole83 - 2009-03-30 5:47 PM

2009-03-31 7:36 AM
in reply to: #2049960

User image

Master
Houston

That picture makes me jealous, I love water!

KelliD - 2009-03-30 9:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your day!!!  Do you need me to come down there and kick some a$$??!?!!  Have a few (or a lot) drinks, shake it off.  It might not feel like it when you first wake up tomorrow bc there's a good chance you'll feel like $hit, but tomorrow is a NEW DAY, and it's going to be sunny and awesome!  Let me also remind you that you & all your hotness was able to fit into an awesome dress on Monday!

2009-03-31 8:26 AM
in reply to: #2050436

User image

Master
New York, NY
evondo - 2009-03-31 8:36 AM

That picture makes me jealous, I love water!

KelliD - 2009-03-30 9:16 PM

I don't actually run around water all that often.  This is the Reservoir in Central Park....it's really pretty.  I want to start taking my camera with me on some runs...especially as we start jumping in to spring.

2009-03-31 8:27 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Does anyone know how to post photos in your TL?
2009-03-31 8:50 AM

User image

Wow, nice photo... great composition!  I do not know how to post the pics in the TL, I am doing good to post the wording.

Is the resevoir there, something you can swim? 

Nicole... hey girl ~ don't let them get you down! Work can sometimes suck the life out of ya...but don't give them the pleasure of knowing they made you stumble!  You are a Triathlete!  You can and will persevere this obstacle (speed bump) on your way to the finish line!  Keep you head up! [you only get one night of over indulgence ~ then it's back to the training! ]  And yes, like Kelli said... remember your lil' miss hottie dress! Work it girl!

We all have to start channeling BT to Nicole (for work) and Eric for (N.O. 70.3).... Let's do this damn thang peeps!

2009-03-31 9:00 AM

User image

March self-assesment time?  How'd the month go for everyone?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137