BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2010-09-14 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3097791

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL!
thndrcloud - 2010-09-15 12:12 AM Q, your insane race report coupled with my insane morning have given me a brilliant idea to solve the problem of wet shoes in transition!  Instead of shoving our shoes in bags and having to wrestle with wet plastic to pull them out I propose we simply fill our shoes with rice which will soak up any water that seeps into them and can be quickly dumped out.  I know, it's genius.

Seriously though, wet stuff at transition sucks and rice probably isn't the solution although I can vouch for about 4 cups of it emptying out of a calf high boot in less than 15 seconds so it might be worth experimenting.  Don't ask me how the rice got in the boot because it's been in a box in storage for the last year.  Full of rice apparently.

I'm stuck right now.  I only ran about a mile yesterday because my day went bat shhhhh it crazy and then I didn't get to run at all today because of more BSC.  I already know I can't run Thursday or Friday so that leaves tomorrow.  Do I go for a good run or just say screw it because the rest of my week is screwed and go for a joy ride on the bike?

BSC is the name of the game this week ... me too. Then again, I don't have kids so that's a whole 'nother level of BSC.

Go for a good, but easy, run.

2010-09-14 1:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
If we bring grilled chicked & veggies and soy/teriyaki sauce can we have a giant stirfry in transition with your water-logged rice

Seriously though sorry to about about your BSC week. It has been like that for me too. I started up grad school again and don't get home until after 10pm on Mon and Wed. So obviously I don't want to do anything on Tues/TH because I am exhausted.  Grrr somehow I need to find the energy to keep up with a training plan!
2010-09-14 1:47 PM
in reply to: #3097832

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
TriAya - 2010-09-14 11:27 AM
thndrcloud - 2010-09-15 12:12 AM Q, your insane race report coupled with my insane morning have given me a brilliant idea to solve the problem of wet shoes in transition!  Instead of shoving our shoes in bags and having to wrestle with wet plastic to pull them out I propose we simply fill our shoes with rice which will soak up any water that seeps into them and can be quickly dumped out.  I know, it's genius.

Seriously though, wet stuff at transition sucks and rice probably isn't the solution although I can vouch for about 4 cups of it emptying out of a calf high boot in less than 15 seconds so it might be worth experimenting.  Don't ask me how the rice got in the boot because it's been in a box in storage for the last year.  Full of rice apparently.

I'm stuck right now.  I only ran about a mile yesterday because my day went bat shhhhh it crazy and then I didn't get to run at all today because of more BSC.  I already know I can't run Thursday or Friday so that leaves tomorrow.  Do I go for a good run or just say screw it because the rest of my week is screwed and go for a joy ride on the bike?

BSC is the name of the game this week ... me too. Then again, I don't have kids so that's a whole 'nother level of BSC.

Go for a good, but easy, run.

I second the run.  And somehow I have too many BSC days too.  No rice in boots though, that's a whole other level of weird.  It's seriously perplexing me. 
2010-09-14 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2771857

User image

Melon Presser
Bat shyte mo fo crazy!!!

Ryan, good luck with grad school! That's so exciting! What are you studying? Did you say that somewhere and I was listening to the carnival in my head instead of you?

Dineen, congrats on getting a run in!

Alison, rice? Really? Hmmm. Do you think it works better than newspaper?

Q, you keep me young.
2010-09-14 2:09 PM

User image

Master
thndrcloud - 2010-09-14 11:12 AM Q, your insane race report coupled with my insane morning have given me a brilliant idea to solve the problem of wet shoes in transition!  Instead of shoving our shoes in bags and having to wrestle with wet plastic to pull them out I propose we simply fill our shoes with rice which will soak up any water that seeps into them and can be quickly dumped out.  I know, it's genius.

Cracking me up!!

I would do an easy bike ride and then a quick run and call it a brick.  Then you'll be all sorts of accomplished.
2010-09-14 2:09 PM

User image

Master
Drats, double post...go me.

Edited by crews 2010-09-14 2:10 PM

2010-09-14 2:11 PM
in reply to: #3098223

User image

Master
blackledge - 2010-09-14 1:46 PM If we bring grilled chicked & veggies and soy/teriyaki sauce can we have a giant stirfry in transition with your water-logged rice

Seriously though sorry to about about your BSC week. It has been like that for me too. I started up grad school again and don't get home until after 10pm on Mon and Wed. So obviously I don't want to do anything on Tues/TH because I am exhausted.  Grrr somehow I need to find the energy to keep up with a training plan!

YUMMY - Running Shoe Stir Fry!  Sounds like something that would make you need the port-o-potty, BAD
2010-09-14 6:21 PM

User image

Master
Vista, CA

I'm in for BSC this week, too ??? WTF? ....and if we were down in the gulf with Dineen or in Bali with Yanti we could have some yummy shrimp with our shoe stir fry...and since Ryan is smokin' hot on the run, we don't even need fire to cook it!

2010-09-14 8:15 PM
in reply to: #3098731

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
lmscozz - 2010-09-14 6:21 PM

I'm in for BSC this week, too ??? WTF? ....and if we were down in the gulf with Dineen or in Bali with Yanti we could have some yummy shrimp with our shoe stir fry...and since Ryan is smokin' hot on the run, we don't even need fire to cook it!

Ryan is smokin' hot all the time.

How's this for BSC...the boy took a header and managed to hit his right eyebrow on a metal plate in our front yard (don't ask).  Since Babydaddy is an ER doc, we had a private suite waiting for us...three stitches , much blood, and lots of screaming (no not me, but I did hold back the tears) later, we were headed home. 

Sheesh.

When ARE we all running away to Bali?
2010-09-14 8:16 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Oh and if any of you aren't using their right IT Band, I could use a loaner until the marathon.

B.S.effen.C.
2010-09-14 8:25 PM
in reply to: #3098900

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Thanks for the compliments ladies...they are much appreciated
And this smokin' hot guy is in serious need of an a$$ spanking. I mean it. I am beyond the manatee paddle now...I have 0 motivation to do anything hence why I am on BT right now and not working out.
My IT bands are not great but I can loan you mine around mile 24 if you want   Q-we always hang out outside of our condo and watch the marathon (we are just south on 14th St on Mich Ave...on the right side).  So we will look for you if you give us an approx time and what outfit you will be wearing. 
And Allison you are more than welcome to come down with your family (free parking) if you want to watch but I know that's a really long drive for you. But the offer stands anyways.

2010-09-14 8:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Our new motto:  The Manatees.  We're BSFC all the way to Bali!

Q, hope the little guy is on the mend.  And I wouldn't fault you if you did scream during the event.  My Mom is an ER nurse, and that time when I was 9 and a light fixture fell on my face (don't ask), leaving me with tiny shards of glass sticking out of my face and clothes every which way?   She made my dad calm the eff down, got me to the ER, got me on the table for stitches, and proceeded to pass out when the plastic surgeon said "last stitch."  It happens!  (BTW, I am probably the only dork in the universe to take stitches on her face TWICE in a lifetime for light fixtures falling on her face.  Seriously).

On a positive note, I didn't make it out to run in the am but DH pushed me out the door once dinner was on the table, and woo nelly glad he did.  I need to be ready for a 5K on 10/2!  It ain't much, but it's a goal and I am stickin' to it. 
2010-09-14 8:45 PM
in reply to: #3098916

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
blackledge - 2010-09-14 8:25 PM Thanks for the compliments ladies...they are much appreciated
And this smokin' hot guy is in serious need of an a$$ spanking. I mean it. I am beyond the manatee paddle now...I have 0 motivation to do anything hence why I am on BT right now and not working out.
My IT bands are not great but I can loan you mine around mile 24 if you want Q-we always hang out outside of our condo and watch the marathon (we are just south on 14th St on Mich Ave...on the right side). So we will look for you if you give us an approx time and what outfit you will be wearing.
And Allison you are more than welcome to come down with your family (free parking) if you want to watch but I know that's a really long drive for you. But the offer stands anyways.

Well, ALLRIGHT let's fire up the spanking machine!

I am seriously going to google map your location so I can wave.  And no, I will not be wearing my Hooter's Girl garb...that will have to wait until I am sure I can actually finish a marathon.  Will you and Laura throw me some beads if I show you my...nevermind, nobody should be subjected to that...just throw the beads, hawhaw.
2010-09-14 8:47 PM
in reply to: #3098918

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
dinabean - 2010-09-14 8:27 PM Our new motto: The Manatees. We're BSFC all the way to Bali!

Q, hope the little guy is on the mend. And I wouldn't fault you if you did scream during the event. My Mom is an ER nurse, and that time when I was 9 and a light fixture fell on my face (don't ask), leaving me with tiny shards of glass sticking out of my face and clothes every which way? She made my dad calm the eff down, got me to the ER, got me on the table for stitches, and proceeded to pass out when the plastic surgeon said "last stitch." It happens! (BTW, I am probably the only dork in the universe to take stitches on her face TWICE in a lifetime for light fixtures falling on her face. Seriously).

On a positive note, I didn't make it out to run in the am but DH pushed me out the door once dinner was on the table, and woo nelly glad he did. I need to be ready for a 5K on 10/2! It ain't much, but it's a goal and I am stickin' to it.

Remind me not to stand next to you under any lamps.  And yes, thanks for asking, the little prize fighter is sleeping it off...after 3 whole bottles of milk and some chicken nuggets and french fries.  Oh crap, there goes "Mother of the Year."  Again.
2010-09-14 9:18 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hey everyone, go give a shout out to BabyDaddy.  He's officially made his first post on BT

Q
2010-09-15 9:45 AM

User image

Master

Awe, I hope the little guy is mending well this morning. 

After the trauma of numbing his chin, my son never complained about his stitches again. 

Thee light fixture attacks are a little scary to me. 

We have an acquaintance that is a police officer.  After a self inflicted bullet wound to the foot, he was resting comfortably when the ceiling fan above him fell out of the ceiling and landed on said foot.  Bad day for him.

2010-09-15 9:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Mine was a ceiling fan too!  (The first one was, at least).  My Dad had just installed it, and I was laying on my parents' bed staring up at it spin, spin, spin.  My Mom was showing it to my grandmother and raised a hand to point at it -- she swears she didn't even touch it -- and the globe over the light fixture fell right on my face and shattered.  The pegs must not have been tightened enough or something.  Luckily, all that glass and I only took stitches in two spots, my chin just under my lip, and on the side of my nose.  Had my favorite outfit (I was dressed up for grandma's visit, of course) cut right off of me though.  The second time was as an adult.  I was doing laundry and I lifted the laundry basket over my head to get around my then-boyfriend (now husband) and hit the overhead light fixture.  The stitches on my nose were in almost the exact same place from the childhood incident.  Spooooky.
2010-09-15 10:33 AM
in reply to: #3099712

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago

Ok you all are making me paranoid.  I need to go home and check the ceiling fan/light that is directly over our bed now!  Even though the ceiling fan was installed when we moved in...I did add on the light fixture and just because it has been up there for 2 yrs doesn't mean it won't come crashing down now due to Murphy's Law   But I am glad to hear that everyone has recovered or is doing ok after recent illumination accidents.  And Q-don't chicken nuggets and milk make everything better.  Will you be my mom? Tongue out

I'll let DW know about the beads and we'll try to bring some...for support of course...not flashing

2010-09-16 10:40 AM

User image

Master
Morning peeps.  I'm heading out in about an hour to give roller blading a shot.  I skated with my son in his jogger when he was little, so I had that for balance and it had a brake.  Never had any problems, but this will be my fist shot at doing it with a friend and just skating along.  Wish me luck.  And, no worries, the AFLAC is paid up, so I'm covered when if I get hurt
2010-09-16 11:23 AM
in reply to: #3098916

User image

Melon Presser
blackledge - 2010-09-15 9:25 AM Thanks for the compliments ladies...they are much appreciated
My IT bands are not great but I can loan you mine around mile 24 if you want   Q-we always hang out outside of our condo and watch the marathon (we are just south on 14th St on Mich Ave...on the right side).  So we will look for you if you give us an approx time and what outfit you will be wearing. 

Sorry, you had me at smokin' hot guy and azz spanking ... were you saying something?

I hear you on motivation, man. I have ZERO. No idea why. It's in the air. Never mind working out ... this morning I was like, What? I have to get out of bed? Good thing I have a dog with a VERY cold, wet, poky nose, and a mean maid. (Yes, she is the dog's maid. She could care less about me.)

I make a lot of deals with myself, like, all I have to do is put my gear on and go outside. Then if I don't want to go, I don't have to.

(Oh, and Pop Tart bribery ...)

Speaking of which, Quincy, I think it is for the milk and nuggets that you've kept your Mom of the Year award.

As for running shoe stir fry ... my dog would be totally into it. She LOVES to sleep with her nose IN my running shoes. I don't know how her face hasn't melted off yet.

(LisaSneaker.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
LisaSneaker.jpg (43KB - 2 downloads)
2010-09-16 11:36 AM
in reply to: #3099000

User image

Melon Presser
quincyf - 2010-09-15 10:18 AM Hey everyone, go give a shout out to BabyDaddy.  He's officially made his first post on BT

Q

Bwahaha ... you know, I should hang around you two ... a LOT. I'd lose weight from the uproarious laughter and ensuing bellyache.

2010-09-16 11:41 AM
in reply to: #3101976

User image

Melon Presser
crews - 2010-09-16 11:40 PM Morning peeps.  I'm heading out in about an hour to give roller blading a shot.  I skated with my son in his jogger when he was little, so I had that for balance and it had a brake.  Never had any problems, but this will be my fist shot at doing it with a friend and just skating along.  Wish me luck.  And, no worries, the AFLAC is paid up, so I'm covered when if I get hurt

Yay, Carla! I betchoo have a blast!

That's been another major benefit of switching from iron to half training (although there's not really THAT much difference) ... I still feel free to flake on a workout and go dancing all night or even surfing if I want to.
2010-09-16 12:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
I am fortunate.  All the ceiling fan globes that fell and shattered in my room growing up never hurt anyone.  My dad stopped putting new globes on after the third one and there haven't been any problems in the last 20 years.  As a result of that I refuse to affix lights to my ceiling fans.  We currently have 7 in this house and my husband thinks we should add lights to at least the ones in the bedroom.  I didn't want them and now I really don't want them.

I didn't do anything yesterday.  I just couldn't get it together which ultimately caused a change in plans for the rest of the week and allowed me to go to the gym today.  I planned to hit the treadmill then the pool.  I did the run then realized I didn't have goggles so had to skip the swim.  My non-swimming streak continues.

How is it that I ran 4 miles on the mill slower than I run the same distance outside pushing the little dude?  The only thing I can think of is that it was HOT inside and I was dripping sweat the whole time. 

Ryan, I'd love to come watch the marathon!  What time would I have to be there by to get through closed off streets and catch the fasties in action?
2010-09-16 1:21 PM
in reply to: #3102118

User image

Master
TriAya - 2010-09-16 11:23 AM
blackledge - 2010-09-15 9:25 AM Thanks for the compliments ladies...they are much appreciated

Sorry, you had me at smokin' hot guy and azz spanking ... were you saying something?

I hear you on motivation, man. I have ZERO. No idea why. It's in the air. Never mind working out ... this morning I was like, What? I have to get out of bed? Good thing I have a dog with a VERY cold, wet, poky nose, and a mean maid. (Yes, she is the dog's maid. She could care less about me.)

I make a lot of deals with myself, like, all I have to do is put my gear on and go outside. Then if I don't want to go, I don't have to.

(Oh, and Pop Tart bribery ...)

Speaking of which, Quincy, I think it is for the milk and nuggets that you've kept your Mom of the Year award.

As for running shoe stir fry ... my dog would be totally into it. She LOVES to sleep with her nose IN my running shoes. I don't know how her face hasn't melted off yet.

I'm pretty sure my bike shoes would knock him out cold.  My husband has banished them from the house and my son banished them from the car.  I didn't think they were that bad.
2010-09-16 1:22 PM

User image

Master
I made it safely through the rollerblade lunch.  We did 5.4 miles.  It is HOT.  Fall starts soon and it's still 97 degrees here.  Oh well, baby wipe bath and back to work.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  

of 60