BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 51

2012-09-28 12:32 PM
in reply to: #4429446

User image

Master
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
oriolepwr - 2012-09-26 8:35 PM
ransick - 2012-09-25 10:25 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 9:01 AM
quincyf - 2012-09-22 8:44 AM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-22 8:03 AM Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

Everyone consider Memphis in May.  You know the that little Tri thing they hold just to serve as the Magical Mys-Tri Tour's featured race.  (free Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees)

Here are events still on the calendar.

Oct  7     Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 7      Chicago Marathon - Quincy & Dave

Oct 20    Chicago Monster Dash 13.1  - AMANDA!

Oct 27    Tri the Rez Sprint - Pam

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah  (how are you feeling for this Sarah?)

***2013***

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention-(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave

Oct 12? - Chicago Marathon - Dave

Oh dear are we already 2013ing it? No IM for us next year...I think every other year is enough. Let me think it through and add on...are we doing both races in Memphis? Why am I even asking this?     

I agree with you.  IM every other year.   Too tough to do every year.     Absolutely both races in Memphis that's a huge part of what makes this a great event.   :-)

I think we will also do Batavia and maybe go back to our Y-tri in July schedule permitting. Yes on Bigfoot and Door County. Also thinking about the Dells HIM in August. That won't work for the Levs/Carnies.

Perhaps will do Batavia with you!       Bigfoot is now a tradition.    Door county will be fun.    Would be great if Mike could make it up as well.       IF IMKY is a no go, which I will know early 2013  will do the Dells!

I am also thinking some serious 5k training and racing early on before tri season starts. I need to keep my speed up.

Pink, what the heck with your back? Do you have a backnobber? It won't respond to Ibuprofen? I hate the idea of missing a race, so sorry that is happening to you!

I would love to do Door County again, beautiful and well run venue, but not sure if it will work out. My race/vacation wish list is a little longer than my number of vacation days. I will decide by the end of the year though. A lot depends on what happens regarding a re-org at work and if I bite the bullet and sign up for Beach to Battleship 140.6. Anyone up for B2B 2013?

Mike-  I hear good things about Beach to Battleship.   Would be a great one to do.  The driving distance is a bit much for me.   I hear you on the work thing as well as the race/vacation wish list.  I suffer  the same issues.     We'll see   but you are still up for Memphis  right? 

I'm going to try to make MIM. Any idea why it is in Mississippi instead on Tennessee? 

2012-09-28 12:33 PM
in reply to: #4128570

User image

Master
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!!
I guess I should have Google mapped it first :-). It's just South of Memphis.
2012-09-28 4:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi all,

WOW, did I miss stuff this week.

FIRST, Sarah thank GOD you weren't, well you know. From one concussion to another; it will take time. Send a letter to the race directors about your accident and injuries. When I told Atlantic City race about mine they decided to refund all my money so I didn't race. They didn't want to be held liable is some way. I'm with the gang of letting yourself heal. If you fell or got kicked in the head swimming you would make your concussion worse, or something else. PLEASE BE SAFE TO RACE ANOTHER DAY!

TJ: Awesome pics, the best to you all.

I'm looking to start indoor cycling in a week or so. Also got the treadmill from my ex wife (is that an EW?) no pun intended: LOL

Lastly, I checked and registration for MEMPHIS IN MAY opens December 1st; the day I turn 53! Put me down for the Sprint.

LIVE LONG & PERSPIRE!

Tom
2012-09-28 5:50 PM
in reply to: #4423235

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
                             OFFICIAL MAGICAL Mys-Tri Tour Race list 2012-13

**2012**

Oct  7     Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 7      Twin Cities Marathon-Todd

Oct 20    Chicago Monster Dash 13.1  - AMANDA!

Oct 21    RNR- STL  Half Marathon -Mike

Oct 27    Tri the Rez Sprint - Pam

Oct 28    Austin 70.3 - Sarah  (we are all sending healing vibes your way!)

***2013***

Memphis in May Weekend (Mys-Tri Tour Official Convention(May 17-19(Link: Memphis in May)

Free Limited edition Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees

(Nope neither Mrs. Renfro  nor the fine makers of Gatorade sponsor us, though we are totally for sale)

My vision on what our convention would look like:  ( I mean this in a "good" way)

Jan 5   12 Hour Ultra-Tallahassee-Pam

Feb 3  Tallahassee Marathon-Pam

May 18  MIM Sprint Tri  -Dave, Quincy, Tom, Mike,  Todd (on calendar!)

May 19-MIM Oly Tri  -Dave, Quincy, Mike

June 9- Batavia Sprint- Quincy  (Dave maybe)

June 23  Bigfoot Oly- Dave, Quincy

July   Y-Tri -Quincy

July 21 Door County 70.3 - Dave, Quincy

Aug 12?  Rev3 Wisc Dells 70.3 -Quincy

Aug 25 IMKY -Dave  **depends on a few check points being accomplished**

Oct 12? - Chicago Marathon - Dave

Oct 25?  Beach to Battleship 140.6  Mike  **Depends**

Edited by oriolepwr 2012-09-28 6:49 PM
2012-09-28 6:19 PM
in reply to: #4432745

User image

Master
St. Louis
I'm doing the RnR St. Louis half marathon 10/21 this year. If I can make MIM, I'll do both the sprint and Oly.Right now I plan to make it even though DW can't.

Edited by ransick 2012-09-28 6:27 PM
2012-09-28 6:21 PM
in reply to: #4432684

User image

Master
St. Louis
Tom,LMAO at EW :-)

2012-09-28 6:41 PM
in reply to: #4429836

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 8:50 AM

Hi all!

I won't be getting around to the stats this week. I was in a bike vs. truck accident on Tuesday morning (I was the bike). I got a concussion and multiple contusions/abrasions, and lots of pain...no broken bones (miraculously)!! I'm just bummed, don't know what to do about Austin, and feeling a bit sorry for myself...so just bear with me.

Hey, ok I just caught this...did you throw yourself in front of a truck to get out of doing the stats? Sheesh.

Kidding!

How are you feeling. I loved Ted's Tom's (Sorry, I'm insane) idea of emailing the RD with your story. I just worry about the concussion. 

Lots of lean protein, complex carbs and fresh fruits and veggies ok? And wine and cookies for dessert just to keep it sane.

Hang in there lady.

Q

Edited by quincyf 2012-09-28 6:44 PM
2012-09-28 6:43 PM
in reply to: #4432684

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico

TLakatos1259 - 2012-09-28 4:47 PM Hi all, WOW, did I miss stuff this week. FIRST, Sarah thank GOD you weren't, well you know. From one concussion to another; it will take time. Send a letter to the race directors about your accident and injuries. When I told Atlantic City race about mine they decided to refund all my money so I didn't race. They didn't want to be held liable is some way. I'm with the gang of letting yourself heal. If you fell or got kicked in the head swimming you would make your concussion worse, or something else. PLEASE BE SAFE TO RACE ANOTHER DAY! TJ: Awesome pics, the best to you all. I'm looking to start indoor cycling in a week or so. Also got the treadmill from my ex wife (is that an EW?) no pun intended: LOL Lastly, I checked and registration for MEMPHIS IN MAY opens December 1st; the day I turn 53! Put me down for the Sprint. LIVE LONG & PERSPIRE! Tom

Hey Tom, love the pic, you look great. Nice work on getting the tready from EW.

Q

2012-09-28 6:48 PM
in reply to: #4432770

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Sounds great Mike! 

LOL  Tom  yes that would be an EW!  

2012-09-30 10:31 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida

Sarah, how is the recovery going?   Re-check at the doctor soon?  Praying for you.

Tom, love EW

2012-09-30 5:48 PM
in reply to: #4433785

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida

Yesterday was practice for DH and my first tri.  Back is still an issue for me and son had a ball game at the same time so I told DH to go and maybe I could make the 2nd practice which is in three weeks.  Oh it was bad for hubby on the swim!  I won't go into all the details.  Last night,we formed a new plan.  Today we went to a state park with a lake and got a year pass.  I watched DH swim and I realize that this will be a much better training option than using our pool.  Can get used to OWS - murky water, wetsuit, siting, buoys, and (this would be big for me) not the constant reliance of touching the end of the pool every 42 feet.  I can't wait to get out there and try it.  Then in the practice, I'll get the final thing, the hitting, kicking, and clawing.

I will admit that I'm getting scared that this back issue will keep me from trying my first tri.  It's getting better but yesterday I tried running just a little and I couldn't get thru the pain for even 50 feet.  I do feel that it's getting better tho so I'm going to try to be patient and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will end soon and I can begin training again.  I've already resigned myself to the fact that even I make it to the tri and if I manage to finish, that will be my victory.  DFL trumps DNF and DNF trump DNS.

Thanks for letting me vent.  I'm the new kid and I don't want to be a needy nerd.  But it feels better to just say it all and hopefully this week will be the turning point in my training. 

2012-09-30 7:38 PM
in reply to: #4432802

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
oriolepwr - 2012-09-28 6:48 PM

Sounds great Mike! 

Hey, forward me your e-ticket confirmation from the Marathon and we will pick up your packet at the expo on Friday. Unless you want to go to the expo...thought it would save you some time...it's got to be the email they sent you...

Q

2012-10-01 12:20 AM
in reply to: #4422841

User image

Expert
Hammond
Pink Socks - 2012-09-21 5:32 PM

KWDreamun - 2012-09-20 6:19 PM

@Yvonne, ew that would be scary to see pinksock spam.  I won't spam you tho - promise.  I have opened the wine last night - and then I finished it since no one showed up.  I'll open up a new one now.  Get the feeling it's gonna be gone quick tho.  My back issues aren't going away; meds don't seem to be helpiing so the wine is the preferable alternative.

@TJ, glad the time has come.  Can't wait to hear about it and see pix.  Hope it's a wonderful delivery.

Uh oh, knew I would mess up.  If anyone ever sees a post from KWDreamun, it's probably from me, Pink Socks.  DH and I share the same computer at home so sometimes I forget to logout before responding and vice versa.  Sorry, I know it was confusing seeing a post from a random stranger.

I'm just glad to see that other people do that too- hehe. Dh and I are always posting on each other's facebook. Makes life pretty interesting-lol.

Shelly
2012-10-01 12:26 AM
in reply to: #4423020

User image

Expert
Hammond
oriolepwr - 2012-09-21 9:02 PM

Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

Everyone consider Memphis in May.  You know the that little Tri thing they hold just to serve as the Magical Mys-Tri Tour's featured race.  (free Cucumber Gatorade and Jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost pepper salsa  in it for all attendees)

Oct         Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Please peeps update the list with your plans so we can support Y'all!

My plans have blown up in smoke for now. Just have been too crazy busy with start of school and youngest daughter to get any real training in- as Sarah's updates have clearly shown- lol. I'm not doing the Sugarman tri because I haven't been in the pool in weeks. It's looking like Memphis in May will be the next tri on my list. At least I'm definitely in for that one. Already turned in my request off at work for that one. I can't wait. I'm doing it come heck or high water cause I want some Lemon Pepino or aka Cucumber Melon Gatorade. I think like Yvonne that it doesn't really exist, Dave just wants us all to keep looking- hehe.

Seriously hope as many members as possible make it. I can't wait to meet you peeps.

Shelly
2012-10-01 12:29 AM
in reply to: #4423149

User image

Expert
Hammond
Pink Socks - 2012-09-22 6:42 AM

quincyf - 2012-09-21 10:52 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-21 9:02 PM

Need an update on everyone's race plans!    Also pretty soon we will need to plan 2013!!

Oct         Sugarman Sprint Tri - Shelly

Oct 27    Tri the Rez Sprint - Pam

Please peeps update the list with your plans so we can support Y'all!

I have a scary feeling Sarah is gonna kill it!   I agree!!!!

I won't make my HM tomorrow.  Damn back spasms.

Wow, those Amandas are cute!  They could compete with DH when we went on the Red Dress Run.  Hacked me off when DH looked cuter in a dress than me.

What type of race is the Memphis race and when?  I really want to go but I've got to see with my son's baseball season.

Oh I sooo know what you mean Pam. When I finally got tired of Dh looking better in just about anything than me is when I finally lost the 50 extra pounds I was carrying around- hehe.

I hope you can Memphis in May. It sounds like an awesome event that will be tons better just to get to meet all you guys.

Shelly
2012-10-01 12:34 AM
in reply to: #4427584

User image

Expert
Hammond
oriolepwr - 2012-09-25 7:45 PM

I just saw this!   SO true.    Thought y'all might like it too.

OMG- I just love this. Soo true. Now I just have to make my mind speak the right things. It doesn't always listen to me though- hhmm - is that a problem?

Shelly

2012-10-01 12:39 AM
in reply to: #4429836

User image

Expert
Hammond
Sarah73 - 2012-09-27 8:50 AM

Hi all!

I won't be getting around to the stats this week. I was in a bike vs. truck accident on Tuesday morning (I was the bike). I got a concussion and multiple contusions/abrasions, and lots of pain...no broken bones (miraculously)!! I'm just bummed, don't know what to do about Austin, and feeling a bit sorry for myself...so just bear with me.

Sarah,
I have been keeping up with your posts here and on Tri Talk. I am so sorry about the accident. I hope that you are healing quickly. I have to agree with everyone that says don't push it too soon. It's just not worth the risk. Your dh sounds like a real gem. It's awesome that he's offering to pick a different race and insisting that your health and well being is the priority. Sounds like he's definitely a keeper ;-).

Keep us posted on your progress. Hope your bike is getting some tlc too and will be fixed or replaced soon.

Shelly
2012-10-01 12:48 AM
in reply to: #4430794

User image

Expert
Hammond
Lesandtj - 2012-09-27 2:51 PM

Here is a few pics of Reid. Sorry I didn't share on here sooner. I forget that not everyone I know is on Facebook. 

TJ,
He is absolutely gorgeous but I do have to agree with Sarah- your wife is the star of this show. She looks amazing after just having a baby- and believe me I've got 20 years of labor and delivery experience saying that. Those pics are awesome.

Pinch that precious baby's toes for me- ( I love baby feet- hehe). He is adorable.

Shelly
2012-10-01 7:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Ocean Springs, MS
Thank you all for all of your support and encouragement. I am getting along OK. I haven't been on the computer much, since it makes my head hurt, but I've been trying to keep up with the group. Q-I am taking your advice and not deciding about the race right now. I can't do any training yet, and I haven't even brought my bike in yet, either. I'm a bit down about the whole situation, which I know is normal, but it sure doesn't feel good! Sorry to be the downer of the group...when I'm feeling better I'll go back through all the posts and see how everyone is doing, and what races are coming up. The one I know about is Chicago...kick butt up there Q and Dave. I'll be thinking about y'all.
2012-10-01 8:00 PM
in reply to: #4434164

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
quincyf - 2012-09-30 7:38 PM
oriolepwr - 2012-09-28 6:48 PM

Sounds great Mike! 

Hey, forward me your e-ticket confirmation from the Marathon and we will pick up your packet at the expo on Friday. Unless you want to go to the expo...thought it would save you some time...it's got to be the email they sent you...

Q

I did, I did!!   Yes massively saves me time thanks   def looking forward to this weekend with my buds.   As we do not want to "pants the poop"   HAVE to remember Pizza comes day after, not before..... after!     Club Lucky before  it's like tradition or something. K?          Yoooo  Mr. White!  (ya that does not fit this context,  I just like to say it)     

As this is going to be a tough tough Marathon for how little I am prepared, I've decided to not run in my Maniac gear this year.   I will be like incognito...    stealth like a ninja.  only the subtle glistening of the suns rays reflecting off my fuel belt with the 48 GU packs I will have or the trail of sports beans will give me away this year.    Not sure about that    My Maniac brethren will be like DAVE is that you???    Dave?  Dave's not here. 

The real question is will we find our way back to the Mysterio house after camping out at the 312 Truck in the finish area. 

2012-10-01 8:08 PM
in reply to: #4436057

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

Sarah73 - 2012-10-01 7:59 PM Thank you all for all of your support and encouragement. I am getting along OK. I haven't been on the computer much, since it makes my head hurt, but I've been trying to keep up with the group. Q-I am taking your advice and not deciding about the race right now. I can't do any training yet, and I haven't even brought my bike in yet, either. I'm a bit down about the whole situation, which I know is normal, but it sure doesn't feel good! Sorry to be the downer of the group...when I'm feeling better I'll go back through all the posts and see how everyone is doing, and what races are coming up. The one I know about is Chicago...kick butt up there Q and Dave. I'll be thinking about y'all.

Hang in there Sarah!   DO not underestimate the power of all the healing Positive vibes we are sending your way!    No worries  right now your job is to ROCK the healing process.    

And you are not a downer.  not at all.   But you know what.   It would be a positive step to be proactive about fixing/replacing moving forward with your bike. So its ready and off your mind as a "thing to do"  when you can resume training.   

2012-10-01 8:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi All,

Just want to make a BIG SHOUT OUT to the male half of our leadership.

Congrats Bro on the O's making the playoffs.

The best part is they won't have to worry about another Miracle Mets showing up.
2012-10-01 8:19 PM
in reply to: #4436072

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL

TLakatos1259 - 2012-10-01 8:09 PM Hi All, Just want to make a BIG SHOUT OUT to the male half of our leadership. Congrats Bro on the O's making the playoffs. The best part is they won't have to worry about another Miracle Mets showing up.

Thanks Tom!  Been TOTALLY loving this season.    This might be the most fun as a Orioles fan I have ever had.    I do remember 1983  though  that was fun.  But NO ONE expected this type of season   no one.    And the thing is, it's been a total team effort.  One guy gets injured,  and some new hero comes along and picks the team up.  Been unreal.   

tonight so far losing 2-1   only two more games left and we are tied with the Skankees.  whoops typo there  heh   you know the MFY, the evil empire.   Would be so the miracle if the O's can take the AL East.     I'd say we will have to come back and take tonight's game to do it though   but like you said we will STILL be in the playoffs.    And yes no Mets  thank GOD!

2012-10-01 8:24 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
In fact  I will tell you what.    Sarah you fix your bike right away or replace it.   And I will SEND you a limited edition, extremely hard to find,  Cucumber Gatorade care package.   But you gotta get that bike fixed or replaced.   STAT!  deal? 
2012-10-01 8:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Oh, forgot to say:

I've been doing the medifast diet to loose weight since I can't work out and for my surgery.

I am no longer a CLYDESDALE
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriolepwr and QuincyF's Magical Mys-tri Tour "The Sequel" -On Tour!! Rss Feed  

of 51