BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2010-09-16 11:47 PM
in reply to: #3102171

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL!
TriAya - 2010-09-16 11:36 AM
quincyf - 2010-09-15 10:18 AM Hey everyone, go give a shout out to BabyDaddy.  He's officially made his first post on BT

Q

Bwahaha ... you know, I should hang around you two ... a LOT. I'd lose weight from the uproarious laughter and ensuing bellyache.

Yes but you'd gain it back again...we like to eat.  And we like to feed our friends.  Good things like brunch and pizza. And pizza for brunch.  And you know I have a fridge full of chicken nuggets and milk.  MMM.

2010-09-16 11:49 PM
in reply to: #3102506

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I'm pretty sure my bike shoes would knock him out cold.  My husband has banished them from the house and my son banished them from the car.  I didn't think they were that bad.

My running shoes are exquisitely stinky right now...I keep waiting for the hazmat guys (in full biohazard suits) to come and remove them from my closet.  Yuk. 
2010-09-16 11:59 PM
in reply to: #3102449

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
thndrcloud - 2010-09-16 12:54 PM I am fortunate.  All the ceiling fan globes that fell and shattered in my room growing up never hurt anyone.  My dad stopped putting new globes on after the third one and there haven't been any problems in the last 20 years.  As a result of that I refuse to affix lights to my ceiling fans.  We currently have 7 in this house and my husband thinks we should add lights to at least the ones in the bedroom.  I didn't want them and now I really don't want them.

I didn't do anything yesterday.  I just couldn't get it together which ultimately caused a change in plans for the rest of the week and allowed me to go to the gym today.  I planned to hit the treadmill then the pool.  I did the run then realized I didn't have goggles so had to skip the swim.  My non-swimming streak continues.

How is it that I ran 4 miles on the mill slower than I run the same distance outside pushing the little dude?  The only thing I can think of is that it was HOT inside and I was dripping sweat the whole time. 

Ryan, I'd love to come watch the marathon!  What time would I have to be there by to get through closed off streets and catch the fasties in action?

#1:  I put the treadmill on a known pace and struggle/die from it.  What is that?
#2:  My deadly ceiling fan story is from a raging flight school party on Pensacola Beach (approximately 100 years ago).  Someone managed to knock/pulldown/get struck by a four bladed fan, thus knocking one blade off.  The remaining three blades careened wildly out of control.  At which point one of my instructors bravely reached up and pulled the opposite blade off...heroically balancing the remaining two blades and saving the rest of us from certain injury.  The next morning we did the walk of shame to Home Depot for a new fan and sheepishly installed it while said instructor was still sleeping it off.  Ah the good old days...
#3:  Can you take the metra down? 
2010-09-17 8:56 AM
in reply to: #3099680

User image

Regular
crews - 2010-09-15 10:45 AM  

We have an acquaintance that is a police officer.  After a self inflicted bullet wound to the foot, he was resting comfortably when the ceiling fan above him fell out of the ceiling and landed on said foot.  Bad day for him.

Sorry, this made me LOL!

Q, my DS was channeling Buzz light year when he flew off my mom's recliner head first into he coffee table.  18 stitches later.... we haven't watched Toy Story since.

Now I want chicken nuggets, fries and milk.

I have seen these words bandied around... training, running, biking.  They seem foreign to me <scratches head>

I am ska-rewed for my 10/10 sprint tri.
2010-09-17 10:34 AM
in reply to: #3104051

User image

Melon Presser
kerryd - 2010-09-17 9:56 PM
crews - 2010-09-15 10:45 AM  

We have an acquaintance that is a police officer.  After a self inflicted bullet wound to the foot, he was resting comfortably when the ceiling fan above him fell out of the ceiling and landed on said foot.  Bad day for him.

Sorry, this made me LOL!

Q, my DS was channeling Buzz light year when he flew off my mom's recliner head first into he coffee table.  18 stitches later.... we haven't watched Toy Story since.

Now I want chicken nuggets, fries and milk.

I have seen these words bandied around... training, running, biking.  They seem foreign to me

I am ska-rewed for my 10/10 sprint tri.

Not at all. Take it slow, enjoy it, enjoy the scenery, think of it as an adventure. You gonna survive the swim? Yes? You're fine, then.
2010-09-17 3:55 PM
in reply to: #3104331

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Good luck and manatee high-five for you triathlon tomorrow Lynn!   Have a blast for us and kill it out there on the course!

2010-09-17 5:54 PM
in reply to: #3105166

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Thanks Ryan. It's more of a take it easy race/workout for me since I'm in the midst of marathon training. I'll think of my Manatee peeps!

Oh, and I have a ceiling fan story as well...son was 8 years old upstairs playing with a friend. They thought it would be a good idea to launch a beanie baby off the fan blade, but of course couldn't reach it. They put the clothes hamper on the bed and son got up on the hamper to reach the fan while the other boy held and steadied it. Son lost his balance, friend let go of the hamper. Son came crashing down, put his arm out to brace his fall and he dislocated and broke his elbow/arm. I went up stairs to sounds of primal screaming and found his arm bent the opposite way and him crying out like crazy. After the paramedics, two ambulance rides and ending up at Children's Hospital and an overnight stay and emergency surgery at midnight he was in a cast for 6 weeks. See what you have to look forward to Ryan? 

2010-09-18 10:53 AM
in reply to: #3104051

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
kerryd - 2010-09-17 8:56 AM

I have seen these words bandied around... training, running, biking.  They seem foreign to me

When I read this my internal narrator sounded a lot like Borat.  Strange.

The earliest I could get to Ogilvie on a weekend morning is 7:46 unless they run some special marathon trains earlier. 

I got my flu shot yesterday.  My arm hurts.

I'm dressed for running but the thunderstorm beat me outside. 

I need to bake banana bread today.  I think my kids purposely let bananas go brown so that I'll bake.

I was reading my RW from July and for the life of me cannot figure out why someone would pay to fly to Iowa then pay for a hotel to run a 7 mile race.  In Iowa.
2010-09-20 10:09 AM
in reply to: #2771857

User image

Master
Good morning Manatees.  Hope everyone had a fun filled weekend.  I played hookie on Friday and got in a nice ride with lots of hill work and the house spotless. 

Didn't do a dang thang on Saturday.  Slept in, watched the Razorbacks beat Georgia (WoooPigSooieee), then went and did a little shopping.  Invested in a tent.  The thing is huge.  We just go our little guy all signed up for Cub Scouts and plan on camping on weekends when the weather permits.

Sunday was a good day.  A little OWS, some knee boarding (I'm oh so sore today).  Parked on an island to drink some cold beers and cook hot dogs.  After a couple of hours we realized that water was coming in the boat from around the lower unit.  TROUBLE!  High-tailed it back to the ramp and put it on the trailer with authority.  I was impressed with our swiftness  Hubbs dropped the lower unit last night and it looks like it's going to be an easy fix.  YaY.....our summer isn't over just yet 

So, how was your weekend???
2010-09-20 3:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
Too.Quiet.

I had a good weekend Carla.  My family room became the first officially completely unpacked and beautified room in our downstairs.  Yay!  And I got to go for a run with Hubs yesterday. 
2010-09-20 4:02 PM
in reply to: #3108539

User image

Master
thndrcloud - 2010-09-20 3:32 PM Too.Quiet.

I had a good weekend Carla.  My family room became the first officially completely unpacked and beautified room in our downstairs.  Yay!  And I got to go for a run with Hubs yesterday. 

One room down!  Awesome!

2010-09-20 10:56 PM
in reply to: #3108597

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Looks like we're a quiet Monday bunch, other than your moving and getting a room settled. Yea!

I did my tri on Sat. and some extra run miles. I had a bit of a PITA (literally) going into this race and by the time I'd finished and done my marathon training miles I really had a pain. I think it's sciatic nerve and have been babying it and taking it easy. From what I read it could sideline me for a while if I don't take care of it right away. My race report is up if anyone's interested.I heard the sea lions barking at me and figured you Manatees had sent them the word  message to cheer me.

Hope you're all well and having a no drama week!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=227317

Edited by lmscozz 2010-09-20 10:58 PM
2010-09-21 9:12 AM
in reply to: #3109087

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
lmscozz - 2010-09-20 10:56 PM

Looks like we're a quiet Monday bunch, other than your moving and getting a room settled. Yea!

I did my tri on Sat. and some extra run miles. I had a bit of a PITA (literally) going into this race and by the time I'd finished and done my marathon training miles I really had a pain. I think it's sciatic nerve and have been babying it and taking it easy. From what I read it could sideline me for a while if I don't take care of it right away. My race report is up if anyone's interested.I heard the sea lions barking at me and figured you Manatees had sent them the word  message to cheer me.

I am a little concerned that you were in the wrong age group though Lynn...there is no way that you're in your 50s!  

Edited by blackledge 2010-09-21 9:12 AM
2010-09-21 10:49 AM
in reply to: #3109500

User image

Master
Vista, CA

blackledge - 2010-09-21 7:12 AM

I am a little concerned that you were in the wrong age group though Lynn...there is no way that you're in your 50s!  

I could hug you! I'm not quite there yet...but my AG is 50-54 now. It's one of the positive things about getting older, I guess. I turn 50, BIG GULP, next month.

2010-09-21 11:28 AM
in reply to: #3109763

User image

Melon Presser
lmscozz - 2010-09-21 11:49 PM

blackledge - 2010-09-21 7:12 AM

I could hug you! I'm not quite there yet...but my AG is 50-54 now. It's one of the positive things about getting older, I guess. I turn 50, BIG GULP, next month.

I do know your age--I think I've always known--and yet it never fails to surprise me. I've always thought of you as around my age, maybe a year or two older 'cause you're a mom.
2010-09-23 1:14 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Erg, BT just ate my post.

I am waiting for my hubby to come back from his run so I can go out for mine.  30 minutes?!?!  Awesome.

Lynn, I have not read your race report yet, can't wait.  Have you seen a doc about the sciatica?  Be careful with that diagnosis...Piriformis can mimic it...I am prone to butt pain too.  And being a pain in the butt. 

Allison, I am not sure I am still 100 percent moved in and that was in 2004.  How are you liking the new schools and a bigger house?

Ryan and Allison, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT doing the Bucktown 5k.  Since my lizard brain takes over when I am racing and I am incapable of not going balls to the wall, I am treating myself like an addict and simply removing the temptation.  I had a close call with my IT band after the Lake Geneva which I am certain I did AT Lake Geneva and I am sufficiently scared straight to get through the Marathon.  And then I promise, no more running only.  Ick.

Yanti, I meant to mention your new-ish avatar looks great.  You are looking toned and fit.  Keep it up!

Lynn, I want to be just like you when I grow up.  I never commented, but I KNEW you were going to be the first out of this group to do an IM.  And CdA to boot.  Make no small plans eh?

Carla, I just gave away our rollerblades.  I wonder if this was a mistake?

So today my little girl who is normally an early riser slept in big time.  We managed to eat our cheerios and finish spelling homework, then she hopped on her bike and we hightailed it the 6 blocks to school.  I actually had to run to keep up with her (this is huge...she's not very athletic so I am thrilled she is getting so good at riding her bike).  I am thinking next year she may be able to ride her bike on my medium long runs with me.  What a fun thing to look forward to!!!

Ok, Babydaddy is going to walk in any minute now!  Gotta go!
Q

2010-09-23 1:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
Q, what if you run Bucktown as my pacer?  I'm looking for a PR but as my current best is 27:30 I can guarantee I'm not going under 26:00 unless you stick me in your jogging stroller and push.
2010-09-23 1:57 PM
in reply to: #3114378

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
thndrcloud - 2010-09-23 1:25 PM Q, what if you run Bucktown as my pacer? I'm looking for a PR but as my current best is 27:30 I can guarantee I'm not going under 26:00 unless you stick me in your jogging stroller and push.

I'm in.  How exciting!
2010-09-23 6:54 PM
in reply to: #3114479

User image

Master
Vista, CA

quincyf - 2010-09-23 11:57 AM
thndrcloud - 2010-09-23 1:25 PM Q, what if you run Bucktown as my pacer? I'm looking for a PR but as my current best is 27:30 I can guarantee I'm not going under 26:00 unless you stick me in your jogging stroller and push.

I'm in.  How exciting!

How awesome that you're going to pace Allison, Q. A friend offered to do that for me last spring in a 5K and I wasn't expecting it. She and her husband both are faster than fast and they kept telling me what the course was next and how much longer and what my pace was. It was fantastic!!! And, I won my AG!! Didn't PR, but WTH, I got a gift card from Dick's sporting goods for $35 that I'm still sponging off of.

So, Q, you won't need to go ape sh*t and kill yourself, but you'll be helping Allison hopefully to a PR and maybe even a podium finish. Can't wait to hear all about it.

And, yes, doesn't our Yantiness look fine in her sculpted bod?

Oh, Ryan -- boy? girl? Are we still in the dark on this?

2010-09-24 2:19 AM
in reply to: #3114378

User image

Melon Presser
thndrcloud - 2010-09-24 2:25 AM Q, what if you run Bucktown as my pacer?  I'm looking for a PR but as my current best is 27:30 I can guarantee I'm not going under 26:00 unless you stick me in your jogging stroller and push.

Okay, this, I want to see.

Sounds like a great arrangement for both of you!!! (The pacing, I mean, heh, not the jogging stroller).

I will never forget going all-out in a 5K and being passed by a guy carrying a baby ... pushing the jogging stroller with the other hand, and it had a Chihuahua in it.

So glad you're making progress on the house!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my bod ... it means a lot to this formerly fluffy lady. Also, I have completely warped self-perception, so I try to check into what others are saying instead of what my head is telling me.

So ... I was so excited about all the new toys I got at the crackhouse (ahem, the LBS) and coming home to my dog and new kitties (someone gave me CATS as an early wedding present, WTF?) that I plonked into bed at 8:30pm and slept for almost 16 hours.

On the upside, I feel AWESOME now!
2010-09-24 9:22 AM
in reply to: #3115327

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Yanti - I am probably a day late and a dollar short but you do look great!  (And if I only have $1 where should I stick it? ) And you received cats as a wedding present?  How unusual.  How will the dog take this?

Lynn - We don't find out until Oct 18th unfortunately (that day cannot come fast enough).  Although I am sure DW will go clothes-buying crazy that weekend haha.

Allison/Q - I am going to try to make it out to run the Bucktown race too.  Can I push the stroller?  My training has slacked a lot since I now have classes twice/week.
And bad news - DW informed me that we cannot spectate at the marathon.  I am super bummed about this.  Apparently we are meeting my inlaws in Mich for the holiday weekend. So sadly we will have to cheer from afar   I can give one of my neighbors my cow bell to cheer you on with.

2010-09-24 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3115327

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
TriAya - someone gave me CATS as an early wedding present, WTF?

Do they hate you?  THe gift giver I mean.  Or do enemies give wedding gifts in Indonesia???

Edited by quincyf 2010-09-24 9:37 AM
2010-09-24 9:41 AM
in reply to: #3115725

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
blackledge 

Lynn - We don't find out until Oct 18th unfortunately (that day cannot come fast enough).  Although I am sure DW will go clothes-buying crazy that weekend haha.

I never could understand how people could wait?!?  I always found out!  Weirdly I always secretly knew which sounds psychic and strange, but I swear I did.  Has Laura let on what she suspects?  Since I have one of each, I am torn.  Ya just can't go wrong with either.  So exciting. 
2010-09-24 9:47 AM
in reply to: #3115725

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
blackledge - 
Allison/Q - I am going to try to make it out to run the Bucktown race too.  Can I push the stroller? 

So sadly we will have to cheer from afar   I can give one of my neighbors my cow bell to cheer you on with.

When I was down in Palm Beach Gardens, they had shopping carts at the grocery store that had seats for adults...so many retired folks down there, I guess they go shopping w/ their caregivers.  That and this thread have me thinking we need some sort of adult sized jogging stroller.  I mean when I am old and decrepit I still want to go fast, so my nurse can't just take me to the park for a stroll in a wheelchair...he/she is going to have to RUN me around...

Ryan, we let the prego ladies do what they want.  We nod our heads gently, pat their bellies, rub their feet and bring them full sides of baby back ribs at 3 am.  The marathon will be there next year.  We'll make a meetup plan for Bucktown if you decide to do it...
2010-09-24 1:55 PM
in reply to: #3115803

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago

The DW thinks it's a girl.  I have my moments where I lean either direction so I'll just wait it out for another 24 days.
I totally agree with and the pregnant DW.  Actually I'm looking forward to going to MI but I was looking forward to viewing the marathon too and cheering.  Oh well..ur right there is always next year because I won't be running in it then either
And you may be onto something with the adult jogging strollers. Baby boomers are retiring in the masses so there may be a need for them within the next 5-10 years + hmmmm.  Can the manatees be your investors so we can all get rich and retire soon

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  

of 60