BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (third season) - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 122

2012-01-11 11:13 AM
in reply to: #3983880

User image

Master
Dallas
Subject: RE: Ernesto's group (third season) - CLOSED
chris2533 - 2012-01-11 10:24 AM
elizabethk - 2012-01-11 9:43 AM I'm going to re-post my question: does aqua-jogging count for the challenge? I would typically run today but am giving my PF a rest for the week and cant buy new running shoes until the weekend. Congrats Ernesto! I'm impressed that you seem to be able to do it all! Do you sleep? Or maybe there are 30 hours in your day?
I vote yes. You are still running. Sure it's not the same, but neither is a treadmill, and that counts. What you can't do is count it as both running and swimming! (Again, I'm not in charge, but that's how I would vote.)
Being as hard as it is, yes, consider it running. I want to see you putting 30 minutes of that though!

2012-01-11 11:14 AM
in reply to: #3983889

User image

South Jersey
JulDee - 2012-01-11 11:29 AM

I have a bike type question(s):

I flipped off my bike in the HIM in September.  Was pretty banged up for over a month healing and couldn't ride.  After that, the weather got too chilly for outdoor rides and have been taking spin about 2x week for my "bike" training.  I'm gathering from reading the thread that a "trainer" would be more beneficial?  I have a cheap trainer my husband bought at least 6 years ago for triathlon training (he pulled his back out on vacation 2 weeks before, didn't compete and has never trained  since)....but that's another story!  Here's the one he has http://slatbypa.info/graber-mag-trainer.php Is this the type of trainer or (drainer?) I can use?  Would I get more out of it than spin class?  Ernesto, I saw you posted a link for a special tire used?  Any help or direction is appreciated!  

Trying the link again http://slatbypa.info/graber-mag-trainer.php

Thanksfor the feedback!

2012-01-11 11:15 AM
in reply to: #3984008

User image

South Jersey
JulDee - 2012-01-11 12:14 PM

I flipped off my bike in the HIM in September.  Was pretty banged up for over a month healing and couldn't ride.  After that, the weather got too chilly for outdoor rides and have been taking spin about 2x week for my "bike" training.  I'm gathering from reading the thread that a "trainer" would be more beneficial?  I have a cheap trainer my husband bought at least 6 years ago for triathlon training (he pulled his back out on vacation 2 weeks before, didn't compete and has never trained  since)....but that's another story!  Here's the one he has http://slatbypa.info/graber-mag-trainer.php Is this the type of trainer or (drainer?) I can use?  Would I get more out of it than spin class?  Ernesto, I saw you posted a link for a special tire used?  Any help or direction is appreciated!  

http://www.jensonusa.com/!lhyP2ilMue!oX5-BaW1JDQ!/Graber-Mag-Trainer  again, it's still wasn't working.  It did work when I cut and paste, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
2012-01-11 11:17 AM
in reply to: #3983990

User image

Master
Dallas
JoePetto - 2012-01-11 11:08 AM So I am on day 3.5 of the two week no carb test and I have to say this is the strangest I have felt in a long time. Never having had a real sweet tooth, I am shocked by my overwhelming cravings for something sweet (especially after dinner). Also, I am finding myself to be going in and out of a haze at times. At times, my head feels like it is having a caffeine deprived headache and other times focusing is a problem. I am also finding myself to have periods of feeling really hot. The good news is that I am sleeping much better than usual and that I lost 3 pounds (amazing what a lack of beer does to your system). I've obviously learned a lot about how my body reacts to carbs/sugar and I will be making changes to my diet accordingly. My question is what are the specific benefits of seeing the diet through the entire two weeks? I know the diet will help to jump start the metabolism, but will the results be that much different after two weeks? Also, additional weight loss is not necessarily a goal for me. While I do plan on lowering my carb intake, I do not envision to keeping up with this program with nearly the same intensity.
The book does not recommend to cut carbs off completely after the test, it says that you should gradually introduce them back into your diet to see how much you can tolerate them. However, the first four to ten days you may feel dizzy, abnormal. Everybody does. In my opinion, that says that you could be somewhat intolerant to it but keep doing it like the book says.
2012-01-11 11:28 AM
in reply to: #3983884

User image

Master
Dallas
dangremond - 2012-01-11 10:27 AM
Samyg - 2012-01-11 10:38 AM
ernestov - 2012-01-10 9:48 PM

You can fine tune a little Italian Fiat to perfection, but it will still be a small engine. On the other hand, you create a Cummins Diesel engine that can go for hours, and then fine tune it with speedwork, you'll have a great machine.

Yes, but if you are a Fiat 500, then you have a chance to get Jennifer Lopez to dance on your hood!

Chris, Jackie, and Ernesto...as an engineer, I hate when people give me empirical evidence to support something that I want to argue about. Way to ruin my fun!

In all seriousness, I don't doubt it works. Just my impatient self concerned about the impact of running slow (or even walking) on short term vs. the benefits long term. But I guess I need to decide if I want to be better soon, or much better in the future. I bought the book yesterday, and plan to follow it once I get a chance to read it, in the mean time will try to keep my heart rate in MAF and see what happens. Will go for a second round at lunch.

Having said that, why is there such a difference between MAF levels (137) and LT "extensive endurance" levels (Zone 2 according to BT - 145-154). Or maybe I am comparing to the wrong one and should compare to "LT recovery" zone 1 - 112-144. I don't know if there is an answer, but just my usual self researching the heck out of everything and wanting to know everything about everything.

You can't cross the two methodologies (MAF vs. Zones) to one another.  They are both legitimate ways to train and neither is exact.  I think Dr. Maffetone said at one point that through all his studies he came to a conclusion that 180-age (with some adjustments) was pretty close most of the time.  It is an easy way to figure out where to train from a HR perspective to build that aerobic engine.  It allows a very high % of people to train at a level that allows them to develop that Cummins Diesel engine.  Alternatively, the 5 zones are also widely used and are set off of your LT.  I think you admitted that your LT was an estimate based off of a 3 mile run.  Even a lab test as accurate as it would be would only be good for that day and that moment.  HRs fluctuate a lot.  Everything from temp, level of rest, diet, etc. will impact your HR on any given day.  I think that is why those doing Zone training are encouraged to regularly test their LT.

I have read that the MAF corresponds to high Zone 1 to mid Zone 2.  Like I said, there is no way to really compare.  I was very similar to you 9 months ago and Ernesto will attest that I asked the same questions you are asking.  I never pursued a strict MAF program but dialed down my pace a lot which allowed me to increase my consistency.  At those paces (mid 9's) I am approaching my MAF.  I am an N=1 case so its impossible to say what my MAF pace would have been last June and where it would be today.  All I can say is that by slowing down dramatically and upping my consistency I am becoming much more efficient from an aerobic perspective.  Based on a larger sample size I would say that MAF training works and that from the evidence it is worth it to pursue.  You have to make a decision on what works for you and then adhere to it.

Perfect way to describe it Mitch, it finally got through you! Wink I only have one thing to say to Samy about starting on the right method. It all depends on what you want to achieve, your goal of racing in February is attainable, you CAN finish the race, the question is: how prepared will you be for it?

If you wait and create a good aerobic engine, you will have a memorable first race, if you don't you might find yourself struggling a little (or not?). It all comes down to your sense of urgency, if you ask me, this is a lifetime sport so three or four more months before your first one shouldn't affect things in the big picture. Is not like it is a now or never thing at all.

Relax and enjoy, that is the reason we do this for, right? Cool

2012-01-11 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3983990

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs

JoePetto - 2012-01-11 10:08 AM So I am on day 3.5 of the two week no carb test and I have to say this is the strangest I have felt in a long time. Never having had a real sweet tooth, I am shocked by my overwhelming cravings for something sweet (especially after dinner). Also, I am finding myself to be going in and out of a haze at times. At times, my head feels like it is having a caffeine deprived headache and other times focusing is a problem. I am also finding myself to have periods of feeling really hot. The good news is that I am sleeping much better than usual and that I lost 3 pounds (amazing what a lack of beer does to your system). I've obviously learned a lot about how my body reacts to carbs/sugar and I will be making changes to my diet accordingly. My question is what are the specific benefits of seeing the diet through the entire two weeks? I know the diet will help to jump start the metabolism, but will the results be that much different after two weeks? Also, additional weight loss is not necessarily a goal for me. While I do plan on lowering my carb intake, I do not envision to keeping up with this program with nearly the same intensity.

I think those of us that have done the test will have slightly different results due to where we were before the test.  During mine I was extremely lightheaded.  I was told the best way to handle that is eat more.  It takes two weeks for your body to withdraw form those cravings and fully switch gears.  Can't short cut the test!  The immediate results are just that.  Short term, if you don't give it time.  You will see, as Ernesto posted, some workouts will be tough because your body is switching from carbs to fat....  After awhile, it will adapt and you will have more energy with the proper food.  Plus your body won't be working as hard to digest the food, it can save that energy for training.

I have complete cut out white carbs and this can really be tough since Scott's metabolism is such that I have to keep him carb loaded!!  We eat whole grains and non processed foods.  I prep almost everything for scratch except for the pasta right now but I will soon make that myself.  It takes work to read labels closely and plan meals differently.  For Scott and I..  I'm the only one that cooks so I have the sole task of nutrition.  I don't know who cooks in your home but it is work to maintain a diet that is always on coarse.  I have a simple plan my coach sent...  It's almost a fill in the blank, but it a METABOLIC DIET.  It can't be used with the 2-week test but it's super easy.  I'll send it to you.  Our kids love eating healthy...  It's so cute when our 8 year old girl tells me she wants to eat healthy so she can be big and strong like her Daddy!!!  (What am I???) And my son was made because I ate a rocking shrimp salad when they had pasta, sausage, and corn on the cobb...  

2012-01-11 11:40 AM
in reply to: #3984012

User image

Extreme Veteran
England

THIS LINK SHOULD WORK

again, it's still wasn't working.  It did work when I cut and paste, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

there's a hidden character at the end of your link.  If you click on it, and then delete the character it works.

I don't think it really matters what type of trainer you've got.  If you can afford a computrainer then obviously you'll get the benefit from it, but we have the cheapest trainer we could find because that's literally all we could afford (and we have to share, so there's a lot of moving bikes on and off).  Ours is a fluid trainer, and has no option to change resistance etc.  However, I feel I get a lot of benefit from my turbo sessions.  My fitness on the bike has improved noticably over the last couple of months, and I'm now able to work harder at the same HR etc.  I like being able to ride my own bike with my own setup.

Edited by chapfallen 2012-01-11 11:42 AM
2012-01-11 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3942748

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs

Ernesto-  Quick question since we are all taking about heart rates.  Mine is still above the "ideal" 180-age.  But.....  When I moved here you had me find a "zone" that was slow and consistent.  I think I've done that.  My resting HR is still high, so I used 156 originally since it kept me at a pace of 13:00 or slower.  When I did a Threshold Test on the trainer the calculations put my LT at 166. Not wanting to cross plans, that also but my top aerobic zone at 153.  I've been trying to get my running HR down around that, as well and I think I'm finally there or lower while maintaining a running pace.   Is that what I should still be doing or drop in down to 180-age?

But...  My Dr put me on some meds that increase my HR slightly.  According to MAF being on meds I should subtract 5 beats, but that would be tough.  The meds are temp.  How should I be training around that?  Continue as I've been?  

2012-01-11 12:33 PM
in reply to: #3984077

User image

Master
chapfallen - 2012-01-11 12:40 PM

THIS LINK SHOULD WORK

again, it's still wasn't working.  It did work when I cut and paste, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

there's a hidden character at the end of your link.  If you click on it, and then delete the character it works.

I don't think it really matters what type of trainer you've got.  If you can afford a computrainer then obviously you'll get the benefit from it, but we have the cheapest trainer we could find because that's literally all we could afford (and we have to share, so there's a lot of moving bikes on and off).  Ours is a fluid trainer, and has no option to change resistance etc.  However, I feel I get a lot of benefit from my turbo sessions.  My fitness on the bike has improved noticably over the last couple of months, and I'm now able to work harder at the same HR etc.  I like being able to ride my own bike with my own setup.

I have a Kurt Kinetic and love it.  Its a fluid trainer but very  similar resistance wise to riding on the road.  The harder you pedal the more resistance.  harder gear - same cadence...more resistance.  It's the only trainer I have used in my adult life but I find it to be much beter than a spin class.  In spin class never had an idea how much work I was doing (except for HR - which lags in intervals).  The Kurt Kinetic has a defined power curve that allows me to know the power I'm generating based on speed.  It allows me to really tune in my cycling workouts.  Echo the comments on "its your bike" versus a spin bike.  I can get comfortable riding on my aero bars, etc.

Edited by dangremond 2012-01-11 12:54 PM
2012-01-11 12:51 PM
in reply to: #3983899

User image

Master

Found time for 20 minute swim at lunch.

- Chris 11 days 15:36:46
- Mitch 11 days 14:50'00"
---------------------------------
- Gabe 10 days 21:47:08"
- Carol 10 days 12:40'01"
- Jen 10 days 12:02'54"
- Scott 10 days 11:58'23"
- Jackie 10 days 11:12'18"
- Ernesto 10 days 10:17'10"
- Rachel 10 days 10:03'31"
- Joe P 10 days 10:01'33"
- Barry 10 days 9:40'04"
- Joyce 10 days 8:37:18"
- Jim 10 days 8:27'16"
----------------------------------
- Elizabeth 9 days 9:55
- Charlotte 9 days 8:33'00"
- Joe D 9 days 7:51'52"
- Samy 9 days 5:37'42"
-----------------------------
- Matthew 7 days 7:25'00"
- Bruce 6 days 6:36 07"
- Alfredo 5 days 2:59'17"
- Todd TX 4 Days 3:51'00"
- William 4 days 3:12'02"
- Todd 4 days 2:21'30"
- Mark H 3 days 2:00'11"
- Leslie 3 days 1:52'00"

2012-01-11 12:55 PM
in reply to: #3984230

User image

Expert

Winter is supposed to come back tomorrow 6.2 mile run today, I may switch it up and run again tomorrow if winter has not come yet, and do the bike on Friday.

- Jim    11 days 9:18'23"

- Elizabeth 9 days 9:55

Edited by JBacarella 2012-01-11 1:24 PM

2012-01-11 1:06 PM
in reply to: #3984056

User image

Expert
Somewhere in the Swamps of Philly
jenputnam - 2012-01-11 12:32 PM

JoePetto - 2012-01-11 10:08 AM So I am on day 3.5 of the two week no carb test and I have to say this is the strangest I have felt in a long time. Never having had a real sweet tooth, I am shocked by my overwhelming cravings for something sweet (especially after dinner). Also, I am finding myself to be going in and out of a haze at times. At times, my head feels like it is having a caffeine deprived headache and other times focusing is a problem. I am also finding myself to have periods of feeling really hot. The good news is that I am sleeping much better than usual and that I lost 3 pounds (amazing what a lack of beer does to your system). I've obviously learned a lot about how my body reacts to carbs/sugar and I will be making changes to my diet accordingly. My question is what are the specific benefits of seeing the diet through the entire two weeks? I know the diet will help to jump start the metabolism, but will the results be that much different after two weeks? Also, additional weight loss is not necessarily a goal for me. While I do plan on lowering my carb intake, I do not envision to keeping up with this program with nearly the same intensity.

I think those of us that have done the test will have slightly different results due to where we were before the test.  During mine I was extremely lightheaded.  I was told the best way to handle that is eat more.  It takes two weeks for your body to withdraw form those cravings and fully switch gears.  Can't short cut the test!  The immediate results are just that.  Short term, if you don't give it time.  You will see, as Ernesto posted, some workouts will be tough because your body is switching from carbs to fat....  After awhile, it will adapt and you will have more energy with the proper food.  Plus your body won't be working as hard to digest the food, it can save that energy for training.

I have complete cut out white carbs and this can really be tough since Scott's metabolism is such that I have to keep him carb loaded!!  We eat whole grains and non processed foods.  I prep almost everything for scratch except for the pasta right now but I will soon make that myself.  It takes work to read labels closely and plan meals differently.  For Scott and I..  I'm the only one that cooks so I have the sole task of nutrition.  I don't know who cooks in your home but it is work to maintain a diet that is always on coarse.  I have a simple plan my coach sent...  It's almost a fill in the blank, but it a METABOLIC DIET.  It can't be used with the 2-week test but it's super easy.  I'll send it to you.  Our kids love eating healthy...  It's so cute when our 8 year old girl tells me she wants to eat healthy so she can be big and strong like her Daddy!!!  (What am I???) And my son was made because I ate a rocking shrimp salad when they had pasta, sausage, and corn on the cobb...  

Thanks, Jen. We eat almost exclusively whole foods in our family and have been on the whole grain bandwagon for a while and consume very little processed sugars. I was the primary cook for many years and have turned over those duties to my wife for the most part. We never eat out during the week and strongly believe in family dinners cooked from scratch. I have been eating clean for a while so it the additional tweaks I need to make to my diet shouldn't be that hard. But I am big fruit eater and that has been the hardest part.
2012-01-11 1:18 PM
in reply to: #3984193

User image

Expert
chapfallen - 2012-01-11 12:40 PM

THIS LINK SHOULD WORK

I have a Kurt Kinetic and love it.  Its a fluid trainer but very  similar resistance wise to riding on the road.  The harder you pedal the more resistance.  harder gear - same cadence...more resistance.  It's the only trainer I have used in my adult life but I find it to be much beter than a spin class.  In spin class never had an idea how much work I was doing (except for HR - which lags in intervals).  The Kurt Kinetic has a defined power curve that allows me to know the power I'm generating based on speed.  It allows me to really tune in my cycling workouts.  Echo the comments on "its your bike" versus a spin bike.  I can get comfortable riding on my aero bars, etc.

I use a low end mag trainer, resistance is manual and has to be done while off the bike. I like being able to use my own bike while riding. I normally use the gears for resistance. The sufferfest videos are a great workout. I have never been to a spin class, so I have no basis to compare.
2012-01-11 2:22 PM
in reply to: #3984244

Veteran
I made it one half hour exactly aqua-jogging. I shared the deep end of the pool with water aerobics crowd and they were rockin' out to some 40s and 50s era tunes. But at least it was music. And then I went to body pump but I know that doesnt count for the challenge.

- Jim 11 days 9:18'23"

- Elizabeth 10 days 10:25
Ernesto 10 days 10:17'10"
2012-01-11 3:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs

Well, today was our hill training day.  Unfortunately, the winds rolled in at 25 mph and the wind chill kept the temp in the single digits along with the snow.  So, off to the gym I went.  Hills on the treadmill I have discovered is horrible!  Either way I did like Scott last week and tried to mimic my actual run.  15min warm up (about a mile to the top of the hill) then hills at a pace of 8:30 for 1 minute at a 7% incline and a cool down of 10 minutes.  56:30 total time an avg HR of 152.  I've noticed I am recovering quickly and HR is dropping faster than I feel like I can go again...  HR dropped over 30bpm within 1min recovery even though I was still trying to catch my breath.  

Chris 11 days 15:36:46 

- Jen 11 days 12:59'24"                                                                                                          

Edited by jenputnam 2012-01-11 3:22 PM
2012-01-11 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3984244

User image

South Jersey

6 mile slow jog today....

Chris ~ when I quote Elizabeths, the list is in paragraph form.  I had to go back and quote Jim's and do the updates from there... do you know why?  and why does it double space on me? 

Ernesto~ I remember hearing you refer to "coupling" a few pages back.  Am I coupling:

Lap Data
LapTimeDistancePace/SpeedAHRMHR
110m 46s1.00 miles10m 46s /mile135144
210m 56s1.00 miles10m 56s /mile141145
311m 08s1.00 miles11m 08s /mile142149
411m 29s1.00 miles11m 29s /mile143151
511m 25s1.00 miles11m 25s /mile145149
610m 59s1.00 miles10m 59s /mile148153
700m 36s0.05 miles11m 17s /mile147147

- Joyce 10 days 9:44:37"

- Jim    11 days 9:18'23"

2012-01-11 3:28 PM
in reply to: #3984639

User image

South Jersey
Ooops Jen, looks like we posted at the same time... just updating

Chris 11 days 15:36:46 

- Joyce 11 days 9:44:37"                                                                                         

Edited by JulDee 2012-01-11 3:28 PM
2012-01-11 4:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England

Went out on the bike this morning with my Dad to check out a possible venue for a bike coaching course.  Unfortunately it now looks like we won't be able to use that venue, but hey...

Was coaching the track session tonight, so went along an hour early and did the session on my own.  It was kind of weird running around on my own when I'm used to having a big group there at the same time as me.

- Rachel 11 days 11:23'58"

2012-01-11 4:31 PM
in reply to: #3984650

User image

Master
Dallas
JulDee - 2012-01-11 3:26 PM

6 mile slow jog today....

Chris ~ when I quote Elizabeths, the list is in paragraph form.  I had to go back and quote Jim's and do the updates from there... do you know why?  and why does it double space on me? 

Ernesto~ I remember hearing you refer to "coupling" a few pages back.  Am I coupling:

Lap Data

Those numbers look good, do you have a Garmin file to look at elevations to see if it afects?
2012-01-11 4:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Had a play around at the swimming pools yesterday with the kids. Nice and hot here again today so 30min swim this morning and now tapering for the weekend. Also after doing a few laps yesterday went for a 25min run. Race on Saturday so looking forward to the bonus 2 days.

- Matthew 9 days 8:25'00"

- Leslie 3 days 1:52'00
2012-01-11 4:57 PM
in reply to: #3984815

User image

Master
Dallas

Today I did six miles at lunch, pretty weak again with seriously jacked up HR for the pace. Not a memorable run, but the best I can do being swamped at work

- Ernesto 11 days 11:07'07"

- Matthew 9 days 8:25'00"

- Leslie 3 days 1:52'00

2012-01-11 5:04 PM
in reply to: #3984815

New user

Houston, TX
Hey Ernesto/Group-I need your opinion:  I seem to have tweaked my back.  It started about about 2 weeks ago, but felt like it was getting better this past weekend.  Well last night at my son's b-ball practice I felt like I could do sprints with them.  A big mistake, it is now twice as bad.  Before today it only bothered me after swimming, I could run or bike no problem.  I skipped swimming last night but need to ride tonight, but don't want to make it worse.  I figure I can lay off the swimming until this weekend and be fine for my sprint on Feb 18th.  Should I lay off completely for a few days (I really don't won't to) but also don't want to lose any conditioning.  How do you fix back sprains?  I am guessing it is a sprain. The pain is in my lower back about 4 inches about the waist line. Any thoughts, tricks to heal faster are appreciated. Thanks-William
2012-01-11 5:22 PM
in reply to: #3984838

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs

steelfin - 2012-01-11 4:04 PM Hey Ernesto/Group-I need your opinion:  I seem to have tweaked my back.  It started about about 2 weeks ago, but felt like it was getting better this past weekend.  Well last night at my son's b-ball practice I felt like I could do sprints with them.  A big mistake, it is now twice as bad.  Before today it only bothered me after swimming, I could run or bike no problem.  I skipped swimming last night but need to ride tonight, but don't want to make it worse.  I figure I can lay off the swimming until this weekend and be fine for my sprint on Feb 18th.  Should I lay off completely for a few days (I really don't won't to) but also don't want to lose any conditioning.  How do you fix back sprains?  I am guessing it is a sprain. The pain is in my lower back about 4 inches about the waist line. Any thoughts, tricks to heal faster are appreciated. Thanks-William

Sorry to here that!!!  Being someone that has dealt with back issues I suggest laying off of it for a bit.  If you push you could cause spasms and possible make it worse.  

2012-01-11 5:28 PM
in reply to: #3984791

User image

South Jersey

Lap Data

Those numbers look good, do you have a Garmin file to look at elevations to see if it afects?

I'm not sure how to do the garmin file link....do I need to download google earth?

2012-01-11 5:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs

Repost

Ernesto-  Quick question since we are all taking about heart rates.  Mine is still above the "ideal" 180-age.  But.....  When I moved here you had me find a "zone" that was slow and consistent.  I think I've done that.  My resting HR is still high, so I used 156 originally since it kept me at a pace of 13:00 or slower.  When I did a Threshold Test on the trainer the calculations put my LT at 166. Not wanting to cross plans, that also but my top aerobic zone at 153.  I've been trying to get my running HR down around that, as well and I think I'm finally there or lower while maintaining a running pace.   Is that what I should still be doing or drop in down to 180-age?

But...  My Dr put me on some meds that increase my HR slightly.  According to MAF being on meds I should subtract 5 beats, but that would be tough.  The meds are temp.  How should I be training around that?  Continue as I've been?  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (third season) - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 122