Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-09-26 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3117576

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
SoccerGK - 2010-09-25 4:48 PM Fun weekend so far!  Ryan and I went to a Brewers game last night with some friends, and it was our first "date" night in forever.  Then I got to run with Nadie again this morning, and it felt really good.  Then we caught up on our Biggest Loser and Parenthood shows, and now I'm getting some school work done.  Fun! 

I have a question for everybody, too.  Do you have a race (or a couple of races) that you just REALLY want to do? 

Mine is Escape from Alcatraz.  I WILL do that race within the next 10 years.  It just looks AWESOME.  Anybody else?

Maui marathon!!  My inlaws have a timeshare there every 2 years.  We went in 2007, the first year they had it.  They gave us a week to go wherever in 2009 and we went to Florida.  Not sure where we will go next year but we are going to be saving for Maui in 2013.  We are considering pushing our week next year until 2012 and going to Maui then.  Not sure but I cannot wait to be able to run that marathon.  It ends about 3/4 mile from the resort!

2010-09-26 12:34 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Regular
Hey guys!!!

Recently I made top ten in my baby bump contest and move to the next round!!!( yes, I am pregnant for those who didn't know... sorry I am been so absent)  I need your help to win a 2,000$ new nursery for my new baby! please  VOTE FOR ME!!!

This round ends next thursday and then they will announce who wins a new nursery!!!

http://www.971zht.com/pages/babywatch10/

I am #2 this round and I need your help once again!!!

You can vote once per email addres!  

Thank you for taking few minutes to help a fellow triathlete!!! 

THANK YOU!!!!!  
2010-09-26 5:22 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I have a rough week ahead of me.  My runs are 7, 6, 4 1/2, and 16.  I have two options.  The first choice is to run Mon, Tues, and Wed mornings and then the 16 Thursday evening/night.  My other option is Mon/Tues mornings, long run Wednesday evening/night, and Friday morning.  At this point I am just going to play it by ear and see how I feel Tuesday night.  I am going to set my alarm to run Wednesday morning.  If I get up, I will go with option 1.  If I sleep, option 2 it is. 

I have to get all my runs in because we are leaving for Boston Friday morning around 8ish.  We are heading up for a brain injury walk with John's family that live up there.  The walk is Saturday morning and then we will head home sometime on Sunday. 
2010-09-26 5:39 PM
in reply to: #3118379

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Mrschach - 2010-09-26 3:22 PM I have a rough week ahead of me.  My runs are 7, 6, 4 1/2, and 16.  I have two options.  The first choice is to run Mon, Tues, and Wed mornings and then the 16 Thursday evening/night.  My other option is Mon/Tues mornings, long run Wednesday evening/night, and Friday morning.  At this point I am just going to play it by ear and see how I feel Tuesday night.  I am going to set my alarm to run Wednesday morning.  If I get up, I will go with option 1.  If I sleep, option 2 it is. 

I have to get all my runs in because we are leaving for Boston Friday morning around 8ish.  We are heading up for a brain injury walk with John's family that live up there.  The walk is Saturday morning and then we will head home sometime on Sunday. 

that is a lot to get in during the week, but looks like you have managed to plan it out and have a back up plan as well.  I really am impressed with how you have managed to get your training in with 2 small children.  Way to go Meggan!
2010-09-27 7:44 AM
in reply to: #3118401

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2010-09-26 5:39 PM
Mrschach - 2010-09-26 3:22 PM I have a rough week ahead of me.  My runs are 7, 6, 4 1/2, and 16.  I have two options.  The first choice is to run Mon, Tues, and Wed mornings and then the 16 Thursday evening/night.  My other option is Mon/Tues mornings, long run Wednesday evening/night, and Friday morning.  At this point I am just going to play it by ear and see how I feel Tuesday night.  I am going to set my alarm to run Wednesday morning.  If I get up, I will go with option 1.  If I sleep, option 2 it is. 

that is a lot to get in during the week, but looks like you have managed to plan it out and have a back up plan as well.  I really am impressed with how you have managed to get your training in with 2 small children.  Way to go Meggan!

Thanks Sandra!  It is tough but it actually seems to be working out!  I made a promise to myself and the family that I would not let marathon training take up too much family time.  I know it is not ideal doing most of the training on the treadmill but it is what works for me.  I honestly don't see that changing anytime soon either.  John will always leave for work crazy early leaving me home alone with the kids.  I also know life with two boys will just get crazier as they get older and more involved with stuff.

I got the 7 mile run done this morning which is the tough one of the week.  7 miles is tough to get in before the boys wake up.  This morning is the only morning that I could count on John being home to be with the boys if they wake up early. 
2010-09-27 8:22 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Wife and I went to NYC a few years ago and did the Tunnel to Towers run and it was an amazing experience.  There was a firefighter on 9/11 who ran with all his gear from Brooklyn through the tunnel, to the towers, and then was killed at the towers.  They have done this run retracing a part of his steps every year.  It was an honor to even be a part of it.  We plan on going back and doing it again.  Maybe one day I would like to do one of the 5 big city marathons (NY, Chicago, Boston, London, Berlin), or any race in Europe!

Meggan, I agree with Sandra about going with your Plan A b/c that way if something comes up you still have time to make it up before the weekend.  I too am amazed at your "stick-to-it-ativeness" (I like that word an old coach used to use all the time) and getting your runs in in what little time you have.

Well, I had my run yesterday and I rocked it!   Not to brag but I am super excited and far exceeded even what I thought I could do.  My goal was under 8:30 pace and thought that if I had a really good day I could maybe do an 8:15.  I did a 7:57!!  I gave it all I had and really helped my team out.  My knee gave me no problems.  And my thighs are crazy sore today which really shows how hard I pushed myself (haven't had leg soreness in a long time since increasing my running).  I am pumped.  I signed up for a 100k bike ride in early Nov so now I have to switch gears (pun intended) and build up the bike again, but I don't want to lose the run fitness.  Going to try and do 3 runs and 3 bikes a week. 

So how was everyone's weekend and what's in store for this week?

2010-09-27 10:47 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Way to go Tim!!!  I can only dream of running times like that!

Ok, I can't stop thinking about my two options for the week.  Should I be concerned about running 16 Thursday pm and then driving the 7 hours to Boston on Friday?  I will be the one doing the driving not that driver or passenger makes much of a difference.
2010-09-27 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3118999

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
T1:
The Tunnel to Towers sounds like a very emotional run, I'd probably cry the whole way, just thinking about that day brings up huge emotions for me, to actually participate in that run...wow.

And amazing results on your race, that is one helluva pace, way to go!!

Meggan:  You should be okay to drive, but consider wearing some compression socks and stopping every so often to just shake out the legs.

2010-09-27 12:01 PM
in reply to: #3119501

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2010-09-27 11:22 AM T1:
The Tunnel to Towers sounds like a very emotional run, I'd probably cry the whole way, just thinking about that day brings up huge emotions for me, to actually participate in that run...wow.

And amazing results on your race, that is one helluva pace, way to go!!

Meggan:  You should be okay to drive, but consider wearing some compression socks and stopping every so often to just shake out the legs.

Great!  Thanks.  I was hoping someone would say that.  We will have to stop a few times because of the kids.  We are following the inlaws and they told us yesterday they stop at least 3 times between bathroom and lunch breaks.
2010-09-27 1:01 PM
in reply to: #3117673

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
corstan - 2010-09-25 6:56 PM
SoccerGK - 2010-09-25 2:48 PM Fun weekend so far!  Ryan and I went to a Brewers game last night with some friends, and it was our first "date" night in forever.  Then I got to run with Nadie again this morning, and it felt really good.  Then we caught up on our Biggest Loser and Parenthood shows, and now I'm getting some school work done.  Fun! 

I have a question for everybody, too.  Do you have a race (or a couple of races) that you just REALLY want to do? 

Mine is Escape from Alcatraz.  I WILL do that race within the next 10 years.  It just looks AWESOME.  Anybody else?

I'd love to do a big foreign destination run, sometime, Europe, South America, Australia, anywhere really not in North America.  In North America I would consider the Goofy run a real accomplishment, one for the bucket list.  The Escape from Alcatraz sounds fun and scary too, what all does it involve?  Is it just a swim or is there more to it?

Escape from Alcatraz is a triathlon, but known to be super brutal!  It's a 1.5 mile swim, 18 mile bike, and 8 mile run in San Francisco, so hills, hills, and more hills!  The swim is a jump from a boat in the bay.  The only way in is to qualify or get a lottery spot though, which is a 40% chance of getting in, because it's so popular.  Ryan and I really want to do it eventually though!
2010-09-27 2:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded.  I was in Toronto all weekend without my computer.  I had a GREAT run on Saturday morning.  I didn't bring my watch (well, I did, but didn't keep it visible), and just ran.  For as long as I wanted, as fast as I wanted, etc.  I ended up doing 12k in an hour, for a good 5'00"/km pace.  I was super happy with that.  I am going to get back into proper running form, and doing more running, mostly slow, some fast.  Felt AMAZING.  So liberating to not be chained to my watch.  I'm gonna do that more often.  I actually ran the whole time, too, no walking, which I haven't done on a training run in a really long time!

I have made myself a bucket lise of races that I want to do.  Alcatraz is definitely on there, so are a few IMs and 70.3s that look interesting to me.  Another thing I want to do is a few Rock and Roll Marathons, in particular New Orleans.  Those look like a blast!  I have more, I can't think of them off the top of my head, though. 

2010-09-28 9:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Hey all!  Haven't been on the boards in a while.  I am so glad that I joined this group!  Even though i didn't do a single race...I am disappointed in myself, but that is okay.  There is definately time to do them.  You all have helped me stay active and that is awesome!!! 

There are races that I want to do and if it is not next summer that I start, then it will be the following.  I want to race in Chicago and around St. Louis and I haven't really researched other races.  I know I want to do another 1/2 Mary....it was the most awesome feeling crossing that finish line. 

Thaks for motivating me and hope to stay motivated through out the winter.
2010-09-30 9:34 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
198.5!!!

That is what I weighed in at this morning.  Finally breaking the 200 mark in about 7-8yrs.  I am excited and need to push to get it even lower.  My next goal is the 195 mark.

Carry on!
2010-09-30 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3125684

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
chichitao - 2010-09-30 10:34 AM 198.5!!!

That is what I weighed in at this morning.  Finally breaking the 200 mark in about 7-8yrs.  I am excited and need to push to get it even lower.  My next goal is the 195 mark.

Carry on!

AMAZING, Tim!  Now just keep it clean for a week, and you'll consistently be holding below 200!  All the hard work is paying off for you!  When do you hope to hit 195?  Any goal date set? 
2010-09-30 10:05 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
chichitao - 2010-09-30 9:34 AM 198.5!!!

Carry on!

Woot!  Congrats! 

I'm still hovering under 170, about 8 pounds from my goal weight, but I feel still good about myself maintaining like I have with so few workouts and this really isn't a bad weight for me.  I will post some pictures from the wedding we were in a few weeks ago where you can TELL I'm comfortable with myself.  Pretty cool.

Any thoughts on AC doping?  I hate that Landis was stripped immediately of his TdF win when he was caught, but AC will likely keep his.  Hmmm...

2010-09-30 10:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
chichitao - 2010-09-30 7:34 AM 198.5!!!

Carry on!

Way to go T1!!  you are breaking all the barriers this year and have worked hard for it, congrats!!!

2010-09-30 5:41 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-09-30 9:34 AM 198.5!!!

Carry on!

Way to go!  It is cool that I have been with you since the beginning of the year and this has been one of your goals! 
2010-10-01 3:55 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I am getting a quick strength workout in right now.  We are heading out this morning around 8 to Boston for the weekend.  I had planned on running today but my legs are still not back 100%.  We are going up there to do a 5k walk/run so I would like my legs to be fresher tomorrow than they feel today. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good weekend foodwise.  We are visiting family so I anticipate takeout for dinner tonight and tomorrow night.  My inlaws are on WW too so that should help me out!

What is everyone have planned for the weekend? 
2010-10-01 9:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Have a busy weekend ahead of me.  Hoping to still be able to squeeze in the workouts.  I forget after being off all summer how hectic the fall is! 

We are redoing our living room so the painting begins this weekend!  I am really excited, but it is going to be a job.  I also have two photography shoots this weekend as well, a birthday party and my family is coming to my house for dinner on Sunday. 

Should be a beautiful weekend though.  May try to go out for a run instead of P90, we shall see though.
2010-10-01 6:28 PM
in reply to: #3127434

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Been a crazy week at work, and I'm ready to go home now and maybe enjoy a glass of wine.  I'm going to take a well earned night off. 

Saturday morning I will be cheering on my daughter who is running a 5KM race.  We are doing everything we can to encourage her running and general fitness and just recently she has started to get excited about it. She is joining a teen/family running clinic in a couple of weeks as well. 

Sunday is the start of the taper week, with our long run being only 6KM and it will be at race pace. After the run we are all going for brunch, should be fun. 

Have a great weekend everyone!
2010-10-02 10:27 AM
in reply to: #3129210

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Sandra didn't mention it b/c she is humble like that so I will!   CONGRATS to Sandra for doing a workout every day for the month of Sept!!  We all know how hard it is to get a month of peaches on the calendar and the dedication it takes to squeeze a workout in even when you don't want to.  Way to go Sandra, KUDOS!  So, yes, a well earned night off.

corstan - 2010-10-01 6:28 PM Been a crazy week at work, and I'm ready to go home now and maybe enjoy a glass of wine.  I'm going to take a well earned night off

2010-10-02 5:43 PM

User image

Expert
T1 - Way to go with the weight goal.  I know how important that goal has been and how huge it is to reach it. You should be VERY PROUD!!  Now on to the next goal.....

Sandra - WOW - Thanks Tim for bringing that to our attention - I get tired just looking at you calendar for September- too much color -haha.  Awesome job and yes you deserve a night off.

2010-10-03 11:28 AM

User image

Expert
Ran my last multi-sport race of the season yesterday and could not have ended it better.  Did a local Duathlon (3 mile run/14 mile bike/3 mile run).  Went out fast and finsihed strong.  Kind of felt like everything just fell in place after my first season and a couple races under my belt.  Transitions went great, had a great bike in windy conditions, and finished strong on the run.

Run #1 - 3 miles - 21:00 (7:00/pace)
T1 - :58
Bike - 14 miles - 45:30 (18.46 mph/avg)
T2 - :39
Run #2 - 3 miles - 22:30 (7:30/pace)
Overall 1:30:37

I think I finished 13th or 14th place overall.  Not really sure since they haven't posted actual results yet.  On bike I was told I was 15th overall.  I think I passed 2 guys in transisiton and two on run and only one person passed me on the run.   Plus I was in the second wave which started  3:00 later and there were some relay teams in there too.  Who knows maybe I finished better?  Really anxious for the results to come out!

<<<<UPDATE>>>> - Did better than I thought - results came out and I finished 7th overall and won my age group 35-39.  Not as many people as I thought in race but who cares right-haha  75 racers and 15 in my age group.

It was great because this was the first time a long time that I have had that true competative spirit come out.  Normally I am just racing to beat my PR or whatever but when I heard I was 15th I really went into race mode and worked on picking people off and then at the end gutting it out and holding 3 guys off my heals.  Though I was gonna puke at end but damn did it feel good!! haha

Could not think of a better way to end the season.  Can't wait for next year as I plan to really use the off season to improve and get stronger to see what I can do!

Edited by tmoran80 2010-10-03 11:51 AM
2010-10-03 6:18 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Way to go Sandra!!  Hope you enjoyed your day of rest!

Our weekend was great.  We all survived the car ride.  The boys did fabulous, I was shocked.  We had a great time with family.  It was kinda surreal being at this brain tumor walk and just looking at our cousin knowing why we were there.  I can't even begin to imagine what was going through his head!  This was the first annual Boston brain tumor walk.  John and I decided that we will be walking with them every year as long as they are walking!

One of John's other cousin's husband runs marathons.  I know we drove my husband nuts with all the running and marathon talk.  He gave me some great tips.  I needed a good sit down talk after my 16 mile run last week.  I can't wait to run 17 next weekend!!
2010-10-03 8:06 PM
in reply to: #3129704

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Thanks T1, T2 and Meggan, all peaches was a definate struggle some days, but I kept my eye on the ball.  I ended up taking 2 days off and then started out my last week  before the 1/2 next weekend this morning with a nice little 6km run after which a bunch of us went out for breakfast. 

T2, very nice results on your duathlon, very impressive and I love seeing your enthusiasm for tri/multisport growing, makes those tough training times all worthwhile when you get those results.

Meggan, walks/runs like that always move me.  The courage of people overcoming difficult times in their lives and families who support them joining together to provide insperation to others is motivating on a whole other level.  
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103