BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-04-14 7:28 AM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS
Oh Emerson I am sooooo jealous you got to meet my girl Jules...I am also very happy for you.
I love the great picture of three lovely people!

I would "love" to meet you at the IMKY we could share in the excitement together!!! I hope it works out for you.

I agree with Pam, I wish I could have attended the IMAZ just to feel the butterflies and goosebumps, my first IM to attend will be the IMKY. I remember how I felt on spectating my first sprint tri.............oh I was just thrilled. I felt it was a deep part of my inner being that I never knew exsisted, I was drawn to it like a moth to light, I had a deep desire to tri...it was a new and exciting addition to my life, and I would learn so much more about who I was... I'm convinced our (triathletes) brains are wired differently, we look at our weaknesses as opportunities to challenge and ultimately make them strengths...

Everyone have a great day!!

Amy IN

I totally agree with Greg - Mike is a part of us via Julie. We really have a special place here with one another! Really.

Edited by amy mutz 2008-04-14 7:30 AM

2008-04-14 12:48 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
That was a great article about Mike.  Julie--please pass along our congratulations to him!  This is an awesome accomplishment and I'm sure that Dorothy is extremely proud of him for reaching his goal!!  I hope you and your family had a great weekend with him.
2008-04-15 8:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be sunny here in Indiana today...yeah!!!!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." - t.s. eliot

Have a good day or a great day, except "no" less.

Amy IN

Oh, and I think Julie is back today. Welcome home Jules...

Edited by amy mutz 2008-04-15 8:43 AM
2008-04-15 9:13 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
We've actually got sun here too.  It was 82 on Fri and then cool and rainy all weekend.  These rainy days are pounding on my motivation.  Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
2008-04-15 11:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ok, I know I'm a utube junkie, but I just can't help myself. I get motivated every day to push harder to try and get stronger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIrHc3Hnqc&feature=user

I'm going back outside to letter the bug (car)....

Amy IN

Edited by amy mutz 2008-04-15 11:50 AM
2008-04-16 7:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ok group it's getting a bit quiet here....I need my BT conversation, without it I may cease to exist...yikes.

Julie - your missed soooo much, I need my co-captian cheerleader to do role call. Hope to see you here today.

Emerson - I know your in Cincy this week, we need you insight and point of view, it's sort off bland without you here.

Pam - your sooo smart, you have all the "mature" bases covered on the boyfriend, it is great to take things slow, he sounds like a good guy, but I will have to meet him before it gets more serious

Amy- I think you have gotten lost in kid stroller-ville and once you go in the won't let you out.

Dee - we need you to perk up the group with some cool graphics, sparkle and shine us...

Eric - thanks for keeping up on the inspires, I know your busy...

Greg - a little silent the past couple of days, hope all is well.

I did hear from Mike last week, he is alive and well and is getting his training in...

Have a great Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy IN

Oh yes, my sister doesn't have cancer....Praise the Lord!!!!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

Edited by amy mutz 2008-04-16 7:48 AM

2008-04-16 8:16 AM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

Hey Amy,

Thanks for the morning smile. All's well in Houston. Still recovering from the MS150. Had a massage yesterday. Could probably use one every day this week. What a difference and the therapist was still saying, "Holy cow you're tight!"

My next race is in 3 weeks (sprint in The Woodlands). I'm just gonna have some fun with this one. Good practice for OWS, tranistions and the bike/run transition. Oh yea, and I'm going to practice the post race partying so I have that down when I finish my HIM! ;-)

Happy Wednesday all! 

2008-04-16 8:30 AM
in reply to: #1341238

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

amy mutz - 2008-04-16 7:33 AM Pam - your sooo smart, you have all the "mature" bases covered on the boyfriend, it is great to take things slow, he sounds like a good guy, but I will have to meet him before it gets more serious Have a great Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amy IN Oh yes, my sister doesn't have cancer....Praise the Lord!!!!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

Yep, it would just be nice to see him more than once every week or two, but schedules and distance are certainly a challenge.  We could roadtrip out to see you and then you could meet him and I would see him for more than a few hours...hmmmm...I like that idea!

So glad to hear about your sister!

Have a good Wednesday too! 

2008-04-16 10:35 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Greg--I've always thought about doing the MS rides...I almost did one one I was 16 and then I got my driver's license.  The bike went back into the garage until I was 31

Amy-so glad to hear about your sister.  I know that is a huge relief to all of you

I hope the rest of you are staying well.....I know how crazy life gets.  Thanks to all of you for continuing to keep this group going and strong!

2008-04-16 11:44 AM
in reply to: #1335116

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-04-13 8:10 PM

After and easy two hour drive north and great suggestions from Julie on where to park and meet here we go...

Julie found us and we have a few moments to catch up.  We had a chance to share some good hugs and a wonderful smiles and she took off to rejoin her family.  We went onto watch for Mike after the bike transition...  Sadly, we had to leave before Mike got to our point, but it was amazing to meet our dear friend and cheer so many amazing athletes on.   I am inspired!!!! I think Amy of IN is planning to volunteer at IMKY in Louisville and I now wish to join her if my travel schedule permits...

It was hot, magnificent and we got to meet a dear friend... Now that is a great day!!!!

As of this posting, Mike is still gutting it out...  We can track him at:

http://www.ironmanlive.com/events/ironman/arizona/?show=tracker&y=2008

He is bib # 2400

It looks like the run is pretty tough, but it looks like he could walk it out and still make his victory.  He is in our prayers at this moment!!!

Emerson and Peg.....you are soooooo amazing! I am so very sorry that we did not get to spend more time together! We will though and soon! I just loved that you both took the time from your busy schedules to come and cheer for my brother and others! YOU TWO ROCK!

Was crazy that my brother knew Aaron (JeepFleeb) from local races...and my brother was the one that actually introduced us...I then was able to meet many of the other BT racers when they were there Friday and Saturday morning for the pre swims.....I hope they all heard me yelling for them! They are MY HEROES!!! can not imagine doing that type of distance!

Not sure if any of you noticed...but my brother was one of the first 300 out of the water...and that included the pros! he had an incredible swim time of 1:03:08....so, my question to you all is ....why I am I having such issues swimming!?!!! thanks to all of you for all your inspires and messages to me! I love you all and know that I probably would not have hung in here if not for many of you!!!!

Amy thanks for posting that newspaper article! we all forgot to look at it...but I have forwarded it to him and to the family! we are going to try and get a few hard copies from the archives....

Ok...gotta go bike, SWIM...and run! time to play catch up....got in a few runs while away....floated in the hot tub....but no swims or bike rides...and my first tri is only a few weeks away! totally inspired! thanks to the race and to many of you!!!!

2008-04-16 2:53 PM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

Amy = Somehow I missed the last line of your email. That is so hugely awesome about your sister. I'd do a backflip for her, but I'd pull something. ;-) That is fantastic news. Praise the Lord indeed.

I tried to insert some MS150 pics here but it wasn't working. Here's the link to my Picassa album:  http://picasaweb.google.com/Tri4Greg/MS1502008.

Stef and the kids were at the finishline with the rest of the teams families. We got to hang out on Lake Travis at one of the teams lakehouse. What a beautiful place. I've posted a race report. The ride is a lot of fun. If you get the chance, it's worth it and very well supported. I know cancer is kind of our cause, but I really enjoyed giving back here too. Plus it was just fun (even though there were some very painful moments).

2008-04-16 7:05 PM
in reply to: #1342736

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
mman - 2008-04-16 12:53 PM

Amy = Somehow I missed the last line of your email. That is so hugely awesome about your sister. I'd do a backflip for her, but I'd pull something. ;-) That is fantastic news. Praise the Lord indeed.

I tried to insert some MS150 pics here but it wasn't working. Here's the link to my Picassa album:  http://picasaweb.google.com/Tri4Greg/MS1502008.

Stef and the kids were at the finishline with the rest of the teams families. We got to hang out on Lake Travis at one of the teams lakehouse. What a beautiful place. I've posted a race report. The ride is a lot of fun. If you get the chance, it's worth it and very well supported. I know cancer is kind of our cause, but I really enjoyed giving back here too. Plus it was just fun (even though there were some very painful moments).

Great job Greg...looks like you had a good time, too! those pics are great....now I remember why I am moving to that area....love Lake Travis....just gorgeous around there! hope Stephanie is feeling good! tell her hi, and that my prayers are with you too! I sent you  a PM, but want you to know that I now have my older sister, older brother, daughter, three nieces, a nephew and myself who will be signing up for your race in September....let me know if it starts getting full so that I can light a fire under them to sign up...as I know there are only 400 spots~! woo hoo...see you soon!

2008-04-16 8:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Good to see the chatter.... I am sure that the place will not turn bland without me... nice thoughts... Yes, I am on Business crazy in Cincinnati so I go 12 - 14 hour days pretty much non-stop.  I will catch up with everyone tomorrow... I am taking off early (3:00 PM EST) to work on the house and get in a good run.  That always improves my personality.  I have been tightening the bolts on the first two chapters of "Seeking Normal:  A Journey Home" in the middle of all this.  Many of you have read the short story, well... it is from a book.  Each chapter is about 7,500 words so it takes a lot of time to get it done.   I hope to finish enough to start shopping agents/publishers soon.  If they will have me...

Enough said,  I need to go melt down in a corner somewhere...  Be well all, Emerson

2008-04-17 5:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Everyone have a great day! I'm off to Louisville for a seminar. Be back later tonight.

Swim - Bike - Run! Have Fun.

Amy IN
2008-04-17 8:30 PM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

Man has my motivation tanked this week. Every day I plan to swim or run, and just can't seem to fit it in...a don't really care. Things are pretty crazy this week but will be worse next week since Stef will be gone for a couple of days (her mdacc schedule makes it easier if she stays w/ friends downtown). Between The Steph Tri, looking for a job, trying to get funding for my current position and keep up with everything else, I'm hammered.

The good news is I did get a call from a position for my references and background check. It would be a challenging job - I have to turn their project management around to make a company that's losing money start making money. We'll have to see what their offer actually is, but it's encouraging because they have an idea of what I need to make. We'll see.

Oh well, enough whining. Tomorrow's a new day. I've got meetings with our Title Sponsor in the morning the I WILL get a workout (or 2) in.

Happy training!

Greg 

2008-04-17 9:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Hello everyone, it is late, I am tired but it is good to read little notes from all my friends...

Amy of IN, hope your day in KY went well.  I am looking at it out my window at the moment.  My day almost went well, had good meetings in the AM, a good lunch with my daughter, got out at 3:00 to get home for a run and ended up in a meeting until after 7:00.  It turns out that the developer of my condo building may have shorted his share of the expenses and reserves by a bit over $1,000,000 leaving us holding the bag.   And,  our cash on hand less payables is around -$150,000.  Well, that got my attention.  We may be about to be a new headline in the local paper.  Of the lead group of residents dealing with this, only of couple of us knew how to deal with this.  I was one of them, so there went another four hours today and I know more tomorrow...  I have been through these before so I really don't care what happens with the developer and just want it over so the liability does not get any bigger.   You know, the first rule of holes...  When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!  I am not happy about that we may be stuck with but if we can stop the bleeding it will not get any worse.  It may require some nasty legal events that scare those not used to it.  It is part of my world from time to time so I will not loose a wink of sleep over it.  But to some of my neighbors, it is pretty scary.

Got home to no food in the house, ate a protein bar left over from last fall and went for a run.  Got back and pulled a frozen Bocca Soy burger from the freezer.  The microwave did not work so I sautéed it in olive oil thanking that might add some flavor.  That did not help much.  A freezer burned Bocca Soy Burger is just not very tasty.  I just was not up to driving to the grocery store.  Then the phone rang again, a family in our perish has fallen on hard times and one of our friends is putting together a group to help them out.  A half dozen calls later they will not be on the street but it is now 10:30 and I am still in my stinky running gear.

It was a good day... I helped 55 fellow residents deal with a scary situation.  I helped a family in need.  I got in a run.  And, a good day at work.  Today was a great day.  But it is time to get my shower and find the land of nod...

Sorry for my diatribe, it just slithered out at the end of a long day.  Thanks for listening. 

Somehow this stuff never seems to bubble up when I am in AZ... 

Emerson

PS:  Greg, don't worry about your down week.  After you make a big goal i.e. your trip, the ride, etc.  it is normal to have a mental letdown before you gear up for the next one.  Recharge the batteries for a couple of days then map out a new and exciting goal for yourself.  You will feel the energy come back.  For five years you and I have shared a constant give and take of energy and let down.  It is OK to have a let down, just use the moment to set a new goal and the energy will return.  I know, I have been there many times.  Prayers are with you... EK

Edited by etknowles 2008-04-17 9:53 PM

2008-04-17 10:12 PM
in reply to: #1346192

Desmoines Iowa
Hi, Emerson have not checked in for awhile but am alive and well,
sounds like you had quite a day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sounds like your back from AZ. So what is on the menu for races back in Ohio? Well just thought I would drop by and say hello. Will try and keep in contact more often. KIU Mike in Iowa
2008-04-17 10:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Emerson - I love your attitude, your a 1/2 glass full person... That is the best way to life.
It sounds like a hectic, challenging and productive day for you, it's great you have the knowledge to handle many situations with confidence. Get some sleep now, and get out of the stinky running clothes. Oh yes we had a wonderful seminar in Louisville and learned much, now we are safe and sound back home.

Mike - sooooo glad to see you back, I know you have been training, it is hard sometimes to just find the time to check in with everyone, but glad to see you here.

Greg - Emerson knows what he's talking about with the downtime after the big push to get there...your mojo will be back better than ever. Have a great Friday!

Well I got my blue seventy wetsuit today, tired it on and love it, I am ready to open water swim now... But I still need to drop that bubble butt...hmmmm
2008-04-18 6:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Amy of IN, hope your morning was not too much of a surprise. I was woken up by the "shaking" of our building at 5:38 AM +/-.  I know what wind sway feels like -- I am on the 22nd floor -- and this was not it.  It felt like an earthquake.  Well, when I turned on the news I see an earthquake with a ranking of 5.4 on the Richter scale over near your home  -- 66 miles west of Evansville IN.  I hope you are well, your family fine and there is no damage to your property.  In my thoughts, Emerson
2008-04-18 6:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Well I know you CA. people are used to this but I have only experienced two in my lifetime.
EARTHQUAKE! 5.4 4:37AM there was a large "boom" and then are bed just started to jump as it rolled and rumbled the ground for 45 sec., it is our largest in history with the exception of the one in the 1800's when the Mississippi run backward for three minutes... This morning our dog jumped off the bed and started growling, my husband said get up it's an earthquake, the kids came running out of their rooms and the neighbors lights were all popping on. Well I have heard since I was a yound girl we are going to get the big one from the New Madrid fault one day, I guess we were spared this time.
Emerson if you are still in Cincy did you feel it? They said it was centered in Mt. Carmel, Ill which is 20 min. from me and it was felt as far as West Virginia, St. Louis, MO., Louisville, Ky, Memphis, TN...
All I can say is my day started with a "bang"!!!!

Everyone have a great Friday!
Amy IN

Edited by amy mutz 2008-04-18 7:40 AM
2008-04-18 6:22 AM
in reply to: #1346240

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

stilltri-ing - 2008-04-17 8:12 PM Hi, Emerson have not checked in for awhile but am alive and well, sounds like you had quite a day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sounds like your back from AZ. So what is on the menu for races back in Ohio? Well just thought I would drop by and say hello. Will try and keep in contact more often. KIU Mike in Iowa

Good to hear from you Mike, I return to AZ on Sunday and will be here for the summer starting in late May... Emerson

2008-04-18 6:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ha, hello Emerson... I guess we are thinking of each other at the same time. Yikes I would hate to be on 22 floor.
We are well here, but my Mom had a close call, two mirrors feel on her bed and just missed her head, but thank God she is ok. She said she heard a lot of car alarms going off....
2008-04-18 8:06 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Emerson and Amy Indiana - -Wow....earthquakes in Indiana? wow! What is crazy is yesterday I was involved with putting on an event for the community for of all things  EARTHQUAKE PREPAREDNESS...we had Operations of Emergency Services, Sherrifs Search and Rescue, Fire Departments from all over, Red Cross, and all others involved with Emergency Rescue Services...we then showed the 1970's movie of Earthquake with the late Charlton Heston....now that is weird that all this went down at about the same time! Sounds like you are all ok and no problems! yay!

Greg, I hate that you have so much on your plate to deal with...but after meeting you, I know that you are the rock of gibraltar and will weather it all just fine...good luck with the job hunting and the treatments for Steph...she and you are in my prayers! please keep us posted with any updates! hang in there!!!! and keep that chin up!!!

Mike it is always great to hear from you! hope you are doing well

Amy San Diego...see you in a few weeks! ready for that tri? should be fun!!!!

Pam...sounds like you are busy with your new beau! I see that Amy IND is asking all the mom questions...when she is done...i will probably start in....go ahead and tell him that he has lots of moms to prove himself too!! seriously, I am sure that you have made a good decision...after really getting to know you, I can see you have a great head on your shoulders and can only imagine that someone is going to fall head over heels for you...but just make sure whomever it is...treats you like the queen you should be treated like!!!!

Eric and Dee - where you been...not seeing much chatter from you? hope you are well!?

2008-04-18 8:07 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
I posted tons of pics from IMAZ on my blog...hope you will stop by and see them! Have a great day...and weekend everyone! ride, bike and run!!!!
2008-04-18 8:58 PM
in reply to: #1348415

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Girl Passing on Left - 2008-04-18 6:07 PM I posted tons of pics from IMAZ on my blog...hope you will stop by and see them! Have a great day...and weekend everyone! ride, bike and run!!!!

The pictures are wonderful.  Thanks for posting them.  Even if you included my ugly mug with those two lovely ladies.    EK

Edited by etknowles 2008-04-18 8:59 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73