BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 75

2014-03-01 4:53 PM
in reply to: slornow

, Georgia
Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED
Got the hour ride in today. Once all the stoppages were removed (once for break and twice for bike chain issues, the latter within 10 minutes of each other), I got 10 miles in under an hour (w00t w00t!). I'm sure it could be more quickly, but I didn't know how much I could do so I took it relatively easy, aside from some sprint work and such.

I did get chased by a Yorkshire Terrier though; an idiot decided it would be a good idea to let the dog SIT in the middle of the road unleashed while she was packing up something in the trunk of her car. Dog came after me when I turned the corner on the inside. I saw it coming because he was eyeing me the whole way and I wanted him to come to me if he decided to press his luck since it's easier to play my hand that way.

That's exactly what he did. He pressed close (to the point where I was concerned I'd run him over) and tried to pin me into the curb to my left. Hard left around the curb slipped the attempt and I floored it. Dog tried to chase and the owner hollering for the dog the entire way. I'm sure it would've been a comical sight when I looked back, but I wanted to put some distance in.

I'm fairly certain my 19.7 mph max came from that sprint :P It's not my idea of entertainment, but I'll dance with a terrier over crashing anytime, anywhere.

2014-03-01 5:32 PM
in reply to: PhoenixM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Collierville, Tennessee
Bryan-I hate that situation you had with the dog. It makes me scared about the dog getting hurt, me wrecking, or potentially seeing a dog get hit by a car. I choose None of the Above.

I ran my first race of the season this morning, a local 10K. It was about 40 degrees at the start of the race, which was cold to stand in, but comfortable to run in. I was intrigued by this race since I've never really run a stand-alone 10K, so this would be a good indicator of my abilities at this point. I started out toward the front, but not at the front since this race invites some elite runners, as in 29 minute 10K, which is utter madness.

My goal was to go hard and see what I could hold, and I did that. The first few miles, I was able to hold a solid pace. Miles 4 & 5 were my slowest, but they also had some good hills in them, so I think it was more the terrain than my ability to pace. My last mile's pace was only about 6 seconds slower than my first mile, and there was a nasty, nasty hill right at the 6.1 mark that slowed everyone down, so I'm really happy with what I was able to hold. My final time was 44:42, according to my Garmin. Race results haven't posted yet, so I don't know how I placed. I know I wasn't anywhere near the top, but I'd like to see myself in the Top 15 for my AG, fingers crossed! All in all, it was a good race. I'm happy with my time, and it also gives me a speed indicator. I've been wanting to do a 5K, to see if I can break 20 minutes. Today, I was halfway through my race in 21 minutes, so I feel confident about being able to do that, which will be a huge accomplishment for me! Anyone in here who doesn't know me, I was not born fast! My first 5K 3 or 4 years ago was about 35 minutes and it just about killed me!

I'm doing a 3-hour bike ride outside tomorrow on one of my favorite routes: a loop up into the NC mountains with a bakery at the turnaround point. It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow, so I'm making the most of it!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
2014-03-01 6:10 PM
in reply to: WoodrowCall

, Georgia
Originally posted by WoodrowCall

Bryan-I hate that situation you had with the dog. It makes me scared about the dog getting hurt, me wrecking, or potentially seeing a dog get hit by a car. I choose None of the Above.

So do I. I have two dogs at home that I love to death and the thought of a dog getting hurt (even a pitbull...which I absolutely can't stand) terrifies me. It's one of those paradoxes where instinct says to get out of there at all costs, even if it means hurting the dog, while reason says to get out without hurting the dog if you're able to. To make matters worse, you got about half a second to decide before the decision is made for you; it really sucks.

That being said though, it's easier to stay out of graves and hospital beds going toe-to-toe with a dog on my bike than it would be doing the same with a car. If you forced me to pick, it would be the dog.
2014-03-01 6:32 PM

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Shoot me now. I'm 3 hours into writing the script for our school's Miss EMS pageant. GAG ME!! I'd rather go swim 3000 yards.

The things teachers will do to raise money.
2014-03-01 8:41 PM

, Georgia
Hate to bring the subject of rollers back up, but I've got a quick question.

I've been doing some research into rollers and have learned that there is various levels of rollers depending on how frequency one has used rollers. Some are softer than others, some really get into the muscle tissue and are typically most effective with those who have done foam rolling for a while.

A while back, someone (either Suzy or Rene, can't remember which) recommended to pick up the Trigger Pointe Performance Kit. What I'd like to know, from those who have used it, is whether or not this will be friendly towards someone who has never done foam rolling in his life (i.e. not leaving bruises because muscles are WAY too tight for it to be effective).

If not, is there an alternative option out there to start out on foam-rolling?
2014-03-01 9:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
South Alabama

The Trigger Point rollers are firmer than regular foam rollers. I use the QuadRoller on calves. hamstrings, quads...etc.  It does take some getting use to but is well worth the money. To get an idea of how it feels you may want to try a tennis ball or lacrosse ball rolling a specific area. The tennis ball is much more gentle. 

Edited by slornow 2014-03-02 6:41 AM

2014-03-02 5:36 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Originally posted by PhoenixM Hate to bring the subject of rollers back up, but I've got a quick question. I've been doing some research into rollers and have learned that there is various levels of rollers depending on how frequency one has used rollers. Some are softer than others, some really get into the muscle tissue and are typically most effective with those who have done foam rolling for a while. A while back, someone (either Suzy or Rene, can't remember which) recommended to pick up the Trigger Pointe Performance Kit. What I'd like to know, from those who have used it, is whether or not this will be friendly towards someone who has never done foam rolling in his life (i.e. not leaving bruises because muscles are WAY too tight for it to be effective). If not, is there an alternative option out there to start out on foam-rolling?

I love Trigger Point products!  You could try their GRID which is a softer foam that the package I mentioned above.  I have one and like it quite a bit.  Not sure I totally buy into the fact that the original trigger products would be too hard for you though.  

2014-03-02 6:44 AM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Jamie-excellent job in the 10K. You continue to make great progress. I have never done a stand alone 10K....lots of 10k's at the end of an olympic race. I have to think they would hurt. I would probably go out too hard and implode. Sounds like you paced really well.

I'm headed out for a ride then short run off the bike. Suppose to get to 70 here today!

2014-03-02 6:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

I've got GORGEOUS weather here today, too (70 degrees!), so a bike ride is on the docket. Plus, I finished writing the pageant script, so that monkey is off my back as well. It looks as though March is the month I get my crap back together and get training.

I hate when I see dogs loose when I'm running or biking (or doing pretty much anything where they might chase after me). I've used up many valuable water bottles squirting them at dogs biting at my feet on back roads.

There's a ride we do of about 35 miles that's pretty hilly. The final 6 miles is pretty much steady climbing, and 3 miles of it on Currytown Road is quite wicked. There are two dogs at mile 2 of that climb that always come out and chase us. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Julie & I missed a turn one day, and our 35 mile ride turned into 60, and by the time we got to that house, I told her, "I hope those damned dogs bite me so I can get off this bike!" Funny thing...they weren't out that day.

What's even more unusual is that someone posted the dogs' pictures on the Augusta Cycling facebook page when they got caught in the rain. The homeowner with those dogs allowed him to duck into the garage. Apparently, those dogs are sweet as can be.

Edited by glfprncs 2014-03-02 7:11 AM
2014-03-02 7:00 AM

User image

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Originally posted by WoodrowCall

My goal was to go hard and see what I could hold, and I did that. The first few miles, I was able to hold a solid pace. Miles 4 & 5 were my slowest, but they also had some good hills in them, so I think it was more the terrain than my ability to pace. My last mile's pace was only about 6 seconds slower than my first mile, and there was a nasty, nasty hill right at the 6.1 mark that slowed everyone down, so I'm really happy with what I was able to hold. My final time was 44:42, according to my Garmin. Race results haven't posted yet, so I don't know how I placed. I know I wasn't anywhere near the top, but I'd like to see myself in the Top 15 for my AG, fingers crossed! All in all, it was a good race. I'm happy with my time, and it also gives me a speed indicator. I've been wanting to do a 5K, to see if I can break 20 minutes. Today, I was halfway through my race in 21 minutes, so I feel confident about being able to do that, which will be a huge accomplishment for me! Anyone in here who doesn't know me, I was not born fast! My first 5K 3 or 4 years ago was about 35 minutes and it just about killed me!

Jamie-

Great job on the 10K! Looking forward to hearing your results. I hate the 10K, it is my least favorite race distance. It is too long to be an all out effort like a 5K and too short to be about proper pacing and race strategy like a HM. Ughhh...just thinking about every 10k I have run makes me cringe.

Also, super impressive on the reduction of your 5K time over the last few years. I'm very confident you could get well under 20 minutes if you ran a 21 minute split especially if you are doing really anything in way of speed intervals.

Congrats on the race and enjoy the bike ride today which sounds amazing to me since we got ANOTHER 4" of snow last night. Not only are we now officially at the 2nd highest snowfall total ever recorded in Grand Rapids, but we are only about 22" short of the official snowiest winter ever. I won't see pavement until June!

Chris
2014-03-02 8:53 AM
in reply to: 43YORook

User image

New user
New Hampshire
Jamie- Great race. 10k's are tough, you live right on the edge off pushing too hard/not hard enough at that distance.

Bryan- IMO you shouldn't be dropping the chain that often. It only happens to me may twice a year and that's usually on a hill if I wait too long and don't have enough RPM's to downshift the front chain ring. Are you spinning fast enough when you shift?

No bike wrecks for me. I've had a couple close calls from inattentive drivers but nothing too serious. No major dog issues either. Knock on wood.

February's totals:
Bike: 7h 00m - 94.13 Mi
Run: 3h 47m 38s - 23.34 Mi

Pretty lackluster. Not very happy with it but I'll chalk it up to a recovery month and blame the cold and snowy weather. No more excuses. Triathlon season doesn't really start around here until June so I've signed up for a May 10th Half Marathon for some motivation. I'm not going to do a run focus training cycle though, planning on 3 to 4 runs per week and continuing with the 3 and a half hours on the bike trainer per week. Also need to get my butt to the pool. So the basic goal for the month is to do at least one workout per day for the month of March and to lose 8 pounds.

2014-03-02 9:10 AM
in reply to: GoldenSprocket

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
February was not a kind month to me, mainly because of the weather and the last week my wife being out of town.

Swim - 13,250 Yards (plus my last workout that I didn't upload yet)
Bike - 115.1 miles
Run - 24.67 miles

I feel the same way Kevin. I started off January on a good note but the endless cold and snow and just BLARGH around here made it a tough month. The last week I could only swim, so that's what I did. This week I leave on Tuesday to go down to Florida for my yearly buddy golf trip, so I'm psyched beyond belief for that. Of course right now it's Sunday at 10 am and I'm at work trying to get stuff done so I can actually leave Tuesday and not Wednesday morning. I'm bringing my running shoes and aiming to do 4-5 miles every morning in glorious, GLORIOUS 60F weather.
2014-03-02 10:10 AM
in reply to: jonD81

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Another solid month in the books...had to back off the running mileage due to my feet flaring up but they're on the mend.

Swim: 4h 40m - 10323.8 Yd
Bike: 13h 50m 03s - 247.23 Mi
Run: 10h 03m 51s - 61.41 Mi
Strength: 14h 30m (includes Bikram sessions)
Incline Treadmill Walking: 43m
Recovery Bikram Yoga: 1h 30m
Snow Shoveling: 30m (this was probably the hardest workout!!)

Some scary stories about bike crashes.  I've never run in a pace line and train solo for the vast majority (and much of it on the trainer).  I had a single-bike, rider-error crash back in 2011 that took me to the ER; nothing serious but the road rash took about 3-4 weeks to heal up and I still have the scars.  I also crashed into a barbed-wire cow fence my senior of high school; I still have those battle scars, too.  Stay safe out there.
2014-03-02 10:12 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by WoodrowCall Bryan-I hate that situation you had with the dog. It makes me scared about the dog getting hurt, me wrecking, or potentially seeing a dog get hit by a car. I choose None of the Above. I ran my first race of the season this morning, a local 10K. It was about 40 degrees at the start of the race, which was cold to stand in, but comfortable to run in. I was intrigued by this race since I've never really run a stand-alone 10K, so this would be a good indicator of my abilities at this point. I started out toward the front, but not at the front since this race invites some elite runners, as in 29 minute 10K, which is utter madness. My goal was to go hard and see what I could hold, and I did that. The first few miles, I was able to hold a solid pace. Miles 4 & 5 were my slowest, but they also had some good hills in them, so I think it was more the terrain than my ability to pace. My last mile's pace was only about 6 seconds slower than my first mile, and there was a nasty, nasty hill right at the 6.1 mark that slowed everyone down, so I'm really happy with what I was able to hold. My final time was 44:42, according to my Garmin. Race results haven't posted yet, so I don't know how I placed. I know I wasn't anywhere near the top, but I'd like to see myself in the Top 15 for my AG, fingers crossed! All in all, it was a good race. I'm happy with my time, and it also gives me a speed indicator. I've been wanting to do a 5K, to see if I can break 20 minutes. Today, I was halfway through my race in 21 minutes, so I feel confident about being able to do that, which will be a huge accomplishment for me! Anyone in here who doesn't know me, I was not born fast! My first 5K 3 or 4 years ago was about 35 minutes and it just about killed me! I'm doing a 3-hour bike ride outside tomorrow on one of my favorite routes: a loop up into the NC mountains with a bakery at the turnaround point. It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow, so I'm making the most of it! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Great race, Jamie!  That's a really solid time, especially this early in the season.  I can see that 19:XX 5K coming, but it's gonna hurt!!

2014-03-02 10:25 AM
in reply to: GoldenSprocket

, Georgia
Originally posted by GoldenSprocket

Bryan- IMO you shouldn't be dropping the chain that often. It only happens to me may twice a year and that's usually on a hill if I wait too long and don't have enough RPM's to downshift the front chain ring. Are you spinning fast enough when you shift?

That's possible. With the exception of the first time it happened, in which I was an ignorant doofus who shifted the derailleur and chain ring simultaneously, the chain has fallen off every time I have downshifted my chain ring to go up a hill. The first place my chain fell off yesterday, there's a series of three speed bumps on a very tight curve right before the hill starts. With the third speed bump right where the hill starts, it's very difficult to maintain momentum over speed bumps that can easily send you flying if you're going too quickly.

Fortunately, there's a right hand turn where the hill starts that eventually curves back into the opposite end of the hill, sans the speed bumps (at least going uphill...downhill is another issue). I might start going that direction to avoid any potential issues.

Second time was my fault. There was another speedbump before the hill, but there's normally a couple seconds to get momentum up that I didn't take advantage of. I'm so glad I'm not on a hill itself when the chain comes off. I haven't quite figured out how to get off the bike without a curb aiding me, so it would've been REALLY bad news if that had happened.
2014-03-02 12:02 PM

, Georgia
Just got back from a 2.3 mile walk/run. Feet are a bit sore, but I'm starting to see numbers that were around prior to me injuring my PF, so it's very encouraging to see that again. I intended to do five segments of 1' run/5' walk, but was only able to get through three. Perfectly fine though, I'll work my way up to 5 segments then start messing with the ratios a bit.

As an aside: People need to revisit the concept "maintaining your lane" in driving school. Apparently they fail to grasp it when it comes to speed bumps.

2014-03-02 12:58 PM

User image

What an absolutely GORGEOUS morning. Went on a 30 mile ride with some friends and although my nether regions aren't too happy with me, it was so nice to sit on my bike. 70 degree weather didn't hurt, either.

2014-03-02 1:27 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

New user
New Hampshire
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Another solid month in the books...had to back off the running mileage due to my feet flaring up but they're on the mend.

Swim: 4h 40m - 10323.8 Yd
Bike: 13h 50m 03s - 247.23 Mi
Run: 10h 03m 51s - 61.41 Mi
Strength: 14h 30m (includes Bikram sessions)
Incline Treadmill Walking: 43m
Recovery Bikram Yoga: 1h 30m
Snow Shoveling: 30m (this was probably the hardest workout!!)

Some scary stories about bike crashes.  I've never run in a pace line and train solo for the vast majority (and much of it on the trainer).  I had a single-bike, rider-error crash back in 2011 that took me to the ER; nothing serious but the road rash took about 3-4 weeks to heal up and I still have the scars.  I also crashed into a barbed-wire cow fence my senior of high school; I still have those battle scars, too.  Stay safe out there.

Whoa! Nobody told me we could include snow shoveling! I need to go back and add about 20 hours. (Felt like 20 hours anyway.)
2014-03-02 1:32 PM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Originally posted by PhoenixM

Originally posted by GoldenSprocket

That's possible. With the exception of the first time it happened, in which I was an ignorant doofus who shifted the derailleur and chain ring simultaneously, the chain has fallen off every time I have downshifted my chain ring to go up a hill. The first place my chain fell off yesterday, there's a series of three speed bumps on a very tight curve right before the hill starts. With the third speed bump right where the hill starts, it's very difficult to maintain momentum over speed bumps that can easily send you flying if you're going too quickly.

Fortunately, there's a right hand turn where the hill starts that eventually curves back into the opposite end of the hill, sans the speed bumps (at least going uphill...downhill is another issue). I might start going that direction to avoid any potential issues.

Second time was my fault. There was another speedbump before the hill, but there's normally a couple seconds to get momentum up that I didn't take advantage of. I'm so glad I'm not on a hill itself when the chain comes off. I haven't quite figured out how to get off the bike without a curb aiding me, so it would've been REALLY bad news if that had happened.

Last year, out of the blue, I started dropping my chain on almost every shift to the small chain ring up front. Adjusted and adjusted and adjusted and couldn't get it to stop. So, I went out an bought a "chaincatcher" ($20-$30) and installed it. It makes it pretty much impossible to drop the chain on a front derailleur downshift. Money well spent in my opinion.
2014-03-02 1:38 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Regular
Morgan Hill, CA

Jamie -- nice job on the 10K! Sub-45 minutes is terrific.

Feb totals:

Swim: 8h 43m - 23300 Yds
Bike: 16h 48m - 288.89 Mi
Run: 12h 23m - 89 Mi

Random thoughts... I'm happy I squeezed in some longer rides on the weekends (45-50 miles). Doing a structured workout schedule with a coach has been a real eye-opener. I'm not as focused on the miles and yardage as I used to be. Consistency and intensity seem to be more important. I also have a better appreciation of "quality" workouts and "recovery" workouts. Structured workouts are more interesting too. Time goes by a lot quicker when you are focused on the next interval rather than how far you still have to go...

2014-03-02 1:43 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Champion

Originally posted by wannabefaster
Originally posted by PhoenixM
Originally posted by GoldenSprocket Bryan- IMO you shouldn't be dropping the chain that often. It only happens to me may twice a year and that's usually on a hill if I wait too long and don't have enough RPM's to downshift the front chain ring. Are you spinning fast enough when you shift?
That's possible. With the exception of the first time it happened, in which I was an ignorant doofus who shifted the derailleur and chain ring simultaneously, the chain has fallen off every time I have downshifted my chain ring to go up a hill. The first place my chain fell off yesterday, there's a series of three speed bumps on a very tight curve right before the hill starts. With the third speed bump right where the hill starts, it's very difficult to maintain momentum over speed bumps that can easily send you flying if you're going too quickly. Fortunately, there's a right hand turn where the hill starts that eventually curves back into the opposite end of the hill, sans the speed bumps (at least going uphill...downhill is another issue). I might start going that direction to avoid any potential issues. Second time was my fault. There was another speedbump before the hill, but there's normally a couple seconds to get momentum up that I didn't take advantage of. I'm so glad I'm not on a hill itself when the chain comes off. I haven't quite figured out how to get off the bike without a curb aiding me, so it would've been REALLY bad news if that had happened.
Last year, out of the blue, I started dropping my chain on almost every shift to the small chain ring up front. Adjusted and adjusted and adjusted and couldn't get it to stop. So, I went out an bought a "chaincatcher" ($20-$30) and installed it. It makes it pretty much impossible to drop the chain on a front derailleur downshift. Money well spent in my opinion.

This is pretty amusing.  I got my new Parlee last Spring and kept dropping the stupid chain.  I was in the appropriate gearing, but I'd be climbing a hill and Kaboom. I have a small cockpit so there is less room for error.  I too, got a chainguard and it worked wonders.  Best $20 I ever spent.

2014-03-02 2:06 PM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Master

Jamie- nice job on the 10k. Your training is coming along nicely.

Suzie- when do you leave for Hawaii?

2014-03-02 4:57 PM
in reply to: Catwoman

User image

Master
South Alabama

It was a good day here. Bike ride and run this morning. Bike felt harder than it should have but not surprising as yesterday's workout was a bear. Then lunch overlooking Mobile Bay with my wife, a little rest and then we took a nice 3 mile walk. Weather was great.

Tuesday is "Fat Tuesday" and the culmination of Mardi Gras. While New Orleans is most often associated with Mardi Gras it was first celebrated in Mobile in 1703 and is still a big deal. All the businesses in the downtown area and Mobile is essentially shut down on Tuesday for parades throughout the day. The parades have been happening almost nightly in downtown for the last 10 days or so. Schools in Mobile and Baldwin County, where I live, are closed through Wed. I avoid the Mardi Gras festivities but it does mean that we will close tomorrow at lunch and be closed Tuesday as well as my office is only a block from the parade route. 

Sounds like everyone has had a busy weekend.

2014-03-02 5:23 PM

User image

Grand Rapids, Michigan
What a weekend. Didn’t have time this morning on my quick check in to type up my adventured from yesterday but boy oh boy…

So, at lunch yesterday between my son’s second and third hockey games of the day I am sitting with the parents on our team, having a nice lunch and enjoying a nice Brewery Vivant IPA. After the first couple bites of my sandwich and a couple chips, I start to feel like something is not going down the throat quite right. I get a glass of water, stand up, stretch, anything just trying to make it feel right. This goes on for about five minutes and the feeling is getting worse, and worse. After about seven or eight minutes I start to feel numbness in my fingers and arms, and I am thinking, “Really, you’re seriously gonna have a heart attack? Now?”

I told a couple parents at the table, “Hey, I don’t want to alarm anyone but I something is not right and I feel like I’m going to pass out.” The other coach and I walk outside to get some fresh air and it is getting worse. I am certain I am having a heart attack and the decision is made to call the ambulance. As I am being transported all I can think is, “This is great…I finally make a commitment to start undoing the 20 years of neglect and abuse I have put my body through, and this is the thanks I get.”

Long story long…It wasn’t a heart attack. I was having an esophageal spasm. They told it me feels very similar to having a heart attack, so at least I’ve got that going for me if I ever do have one. They released me from the ER with no restrictions to anything and I even made it back to the rink, thanks to some wonderful team parents who came and picked me up, in time to coach the fourth game. (Note: We did end the day 4-0!)

I tried to get my ride in last night because they said I could but I just could not finish the 2:45 trainer ride. Had some pretty tough intervals and could never get my heart rate to come back down at all. I also felt very fatigues from the events of the day so I just knocked off the workout after a little over 2 hours.

Today’s ride was a little better as I hit all my numbers and finished it. Also got a short swim in this morning working on some of the stuff that Stuart recommended.

Here’s to hoping for a more normal week!
2014-03-02 5:52 PM
in reply to: 43YORook

User image

Champion

Chris--OMG! You did the right thing not to ignore it.  I am so glad you are ok.  Do they know what caused it?

Jamie--the closest I ever got to a a sub 45, was 45:26 and I'm no where near that any longer.  GREAT JOB!!!!

Renee--we leave on Wednesday morning  and I can not wait to go!  Never made it about -15WC here today.  We go to Kauai every year (timeshare), but normally in February.  It's been a long winter!  Hope when I get back TM running is a thing of the past.

Looks like everyone had a great weekend.  Here's to a good Monday!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Winter Group version 3-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 75

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Lack of food and fluids can take the fun out of your outdoor activities. These tips can help you fuel wisely for cold weather workouts.

date : December 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Triathletes weigh in on making the most of winter training
date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!

date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.