BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2010-01-03 1:30 PM
in reply to: #2578050

Seattle
Subject: RE: Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED

Good morning.  thought I'd check in before I take off for the day.  Today would be my first son's 25th birthday.  Sometimes the day passes by and I don't even realize it but today I saw the date and said oh. sigh.  So my goal today is to not let that distract me from things I need to get done, like the gym.

My plan is to run/walk 3miles and do weights.  Tomorrow is weight day.

DanieL: I like your idea of getting the current measurements so you know how far you have come  later.

And soup sounds delicious.  I would imagine the homemade ones are better for you?  Are any of those so called 'healthy' ones really healthy?  I'd like to see some of your recipes.

2010-01-03 2:44 PM
in reply to: #2590787

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
poohsgirl724 - 2010-01-03 1:30 PM

Good morning.  thought I'd check in before I take off for the day.  Today would be my first son's 25th birthday.  Sometimes the day passes by and I don't even realize it but today I saw the date and said oh. sigh.  So my goal today is to not let that distract me from things I need to get done, like the gym.

My plan is to run/walk 3miles and do weights.  Tomorrow is weight day.

DanieL: I like your idea of getting the current measurements so you know how far you have come  later.

And soup sounds delicious.  I would imagine the homemade ones are better for you?  Are any of those so called 'healthy' ones really healthy?  I'd like to see some of your recipes.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost a son. We also had a tragic and untimely family death in 2008 (my 38 year old brother-in-law) and days like this are just HARD. Sending you hugs.

I will also be sending you some soup recipes!! Smile

I also weigh in tomorrow- hoping I didn't gain more than a pound over the holidays.........we shall see....
2010-01-03 3:46 PM

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Okay... the first soup recipe.

This is from my Weight Watchers group...  ONLY 1 point per serving!!!
Easy.  Tastes great!  I usually double the recipe.

Save My Life Soup

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time:      15 minutes

1 Can Progresso 99% fat free minestrone soup
1 Can Veg-All
1 Can Cut Green Beans
1 Can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Can Corn
1 Jar mushrooms
1 Can Mild Green Chilies

Mix.  Heat.  Serve.
Change and adjust as you want.

I have been cooking all day!  The Dutch Ovens are going.  My wife is at a sales meeting in FL all week so it is me and my two boys - senior in college and a senior in HS.

Chile.  Beef Stew.  Lasagna.  Soup.  Do not worry... all Weight Watchers approved.

Weighed in yesterday at WW.  Down 2 pounds last week!   16.5 to go in 11 weeks to hit my 229.9 (under 230) for the Shamrock Shuffle 8K on March 21...  Need to average 1.5 pounds a week!

Enjoy,
Daniel

2010-01-03 3:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
Daniel--

Down two pounds over the holiday week!!!! WE ARE ALL IMPRESSED!
2010-01-03 9:06 PM

Seattle

Way to go Daniel!! If I am down 1 pound this week I will be happy as I ate out the last two days, although I did use the nutrition folder once to make my selection. Laughing I don't enjoy the late evening work outs as all the water intake disrupts my sleep. Embarassed  So looking forward to a late morning workout tomorrow.   Have a great day guys and good luck with the weigh ins.

thanks for the hug Amy.

Oh I gotta ask this. So I got a juicer and yesterday put some carrots, apple, pear and avocado in. when I logged it into my program it said 500+ calories!! SeriouslY?????  The carrots were over 200 by themselves. Thought carrots were low in calories. Surprised

Edited by poohsgirl724 2010-01-03 9:14 PM
2010-01-04 7:15 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
My baby is 5 today! WHOO WHOO!

Of course we have a standing rule in our house that even when eating clean, it is required to eat a small piece of birthday cake. I hate this rule, but I get the point - particularly with 2 little girls, I try to keep my crazy eating issues away from them...no need to hand-grow little eating disorders...

Hope everyone has a nice day!

2010-01-04 11:31 AM

Veteran
Howdy all-
Starting the year at 150 and working toward being fit at 135.  Not sure what my ideal weight is, but I know when my pants fit.

Today is a definite Monday, as neither of our cars would start in the cold.  Didn't make it in to work until 12, which means the lunchtime workout is scrapped.  I had to laugh at how readily my plans went all kaplooie, LOL!   SO, I am committing here to run on  the treadmill at  home tonight.  No excuses.  Call me on it tomorrow. 

This group totally rocks!!  =)
2010-01-04 5:23 PM

Seattle
I will be watching for that treadmill post! Ask jwheat. I've become a stalker already LOLmaggie
2010-01-04 6:21 PM

Veteran
I did it!  Changed into my workout clothes as soon as I got home from work, and headed down. Despite the family all trying to talk to me, I managed to do a 40 minute interval training.  And it felt pretty good!  Off to update my training log.  Thanks for checking on me!
2010-01-04 7:14 PM
in reply to: #2593670

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Great job!!!  You inspired me!  It is so tough to get these workouts in but when you know your goal and write it down - it happens...

What a team...

Daniel
2010-01-04 7:51 PM

User image

Louisiana

Hey gang. Just getting back to ya'll after a busy day. Overslept, so didn't check in this AM. Busy all day. Just finished dinner, where DD had made caramel covered pretzels. Ate a piece off the end of one to discover they were more crunchy than I thought they would be. Finally spit a piece of metal crown out. EEEK! Ok, need to call dentist tomorrow.

Let me check some posts and I'll get back to ya.

2010-01-04 8:12 PM

User image

Louisiana

Carol: What did you find out about the pool at the rec center. Sounds like a good option. I'm really proud of your walking. It's hard to get started, but you're doing a great job!

Maggie: Congrats on the weighin! Every pound matters. How much have you lost since we started this forum on 12/26? I like the idea of customizing your plan with your couch to sprint and tri training. I think cross training makes you stronger and gives joints a break.  So sorry about your son. Thanks for sharing. I have 3 friends who have lost children in the last couple of years. I think of them daily. I'll add you to my thoughts. By the way, when do you leave for Morocco?

Amy: How was the powder? We had a few flakes today in Louisiana and it was the talk of the town! I have an endless pool and love it. It's pretty unforgiving on form. Try it out and see how you like it.

Daniel: Congrats on the 2 pounds gone and thanks for the soup recipe. Will have to write it down and give it a try.

Kristen: Happy B day to your little gal. Hey, I like the shoes...very cool.

Marla: WTG with the 40-min workout. You have inspired me as well.

Ok, I've got 2 pounds down for Daniel. Did I miss losses for anyone else this week? I'm going to do 40 crunches for each pound lost by the group. I owe 80 to Daniel. Ya'll post your losses and I'll add in the crunches.

What's your weight loss challenge? Can you match mine of 40 crunches per pound lost by the group?

I took Sunday off...no workout, no posting on computer. Just rest, fun with kids, and watching reruns of "Twin Peaks". Back in the saddle today. I'll check ya'll's blogs tomorrow.

2010-01-04 8:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Lancaster, PA
I guess I lost 2 pounds also (crunch time!)...didn't want to make a big deal about it in case it was a fluke (i.e. dehydration or something). I want to see a definite trend before I get too excited. At least I dared out to run today with temps in the teens and 20 mph winds ;-)

Edited by guticur 2010-01-04 8:51 PM
2010-01-05 6:50 AM

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Weight loss contest...

I will add the total weight loss and for each pound lost by the group I will add another 5 minutes to my elliptical weight loss program - three times each week!!!

Just to let you know...  my elliptical is in my basement with a beautiful TV in front of it.  My sons want me to catch up on movies I have never seen.  I am ready...

Daniel

I will add the weight loss Sunday and use that number throughout the week...
2010-01-05 7:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
I like the crunch/elliptical challenge.....Twylite- will you add that DAILY?

I weighed in and over Christmas-birthday-New Year's COMPLETELY maintained my weight.....and I lost control more than once with eating.....so I am VERY happy with that! SO no crunches or minutes on my behalf.....THIS WEEK!
2010-01-05 7:46 AM
in reply to: #2593868

Freeland
Got up at 4 am to go to the gym at work.  It was not easy but I felt good after.  I will weight myself Sat. Morning.  This will be a tough week.  Work Tues, Wed days, Thu- next Tues nights.  I will have to stay aware and get some sleep.  Did weights and run this morning.  Really watching what I am eating. 

Happy B-day to your daughter Kristen.
Nice work on 2 lbs Daniel
Marla way to go on the workout

I tell you what we are doing fantastic.  I love reading about everyones accomplishments and struggles because I have so many struggles in my journies. Just remember you are not alone.  Everybody keep up the good work.

2010-01-05 10:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT DISCARDING THE REST OF THE HOLIDAY M&M'S in this office! Yet, they are not mine......but need them to GO AWAY! And not by my eating anymore of them!
2010-01-05 10:45 AM

Freeland
go ahead throw them away, just make sure no one sees you. Cool
2010-01-05 10:46 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Howdy, all!

I'll let you know weight loss tomorrow - I'm in another group in the Weight Loss forum that weighs on Wednesdays. But I can give you a sneak preview...you're going to be doing lots of crunches.

Even with the cake & frozen yogurt yesterday, I kept the calories under control. And now I'm back at work (and back teaching next week), so it will be easier not to be idle (and eating).

Have a great Tuesday!

I'm going for a little run after lunch today, swim tonight during daughter's swimming lesson.
2010-01-05 10:50 AM
in reply to: #2595008

Freeland
crunches are good. 
2010-01-05 6:11 PM

User image

Louisiana

Hey gang. Late check in again. Work is over the top, but that is good. Vendor delivered an invoice to me today, overdue since 12/12, and for $3500 +. Arrrrgh! It's going to be OK I keep telling myself. Anyway, I had some amazing clients today, so that makes it worthwhile.

Fernando: 2 pounds down! Yippee! I'm going to do 20 squats for each of your pounds down, so that's 40 squats for me.

Daniel: I like the elliptical challenge.

Amy: I'll only do the crunches once. I owe 80 for Daniel's loss...did 40 this Am. Thought I might mix it up a little with core. I'm going to do 20 squats for each pound Fernando drops. I owe him 40. I don't know...kinda making it up as I go. Trash the M&M's. I dare you!

Jon: What a commitment to get up at 4 and get your workout. Rotten work schedule, though. Concentrate on rest. You're gonna be wiped.

Kristen: I'm waiting for your numbers. I'll have to come up with a different core exercise for you. I'll let you know when I see your numbers.

Ok, gotta run. Is DH's birthday. Baking a King Cake for him. Midnight is 12th night, or the start of Mardi Gras, typically launched with a King Cake. Weigh in tomorrow won't be pretty. I'm already up 2# this week. Ate right, charted my points, didn't go over, Exercised like crazy...gained. Ya'll hang in there with me. I'm determined to get this weight off.

til tomorrow...

2010-01-05 7:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Lancaster, PA
Very tired today. I might be overdoing it a bit (hate being type A). Went to the pool with the kids (9 and 13, boys). Trying to teach them the basics of Total Immersion (that drained me). My oldest one says he wants to try a sprint tri . He can handle the bike and run, but he's kinda concerned with the swim. Anyways, laking energy. Ended up swimming 25 mins. Didn't even count the laps, but very gentle pace. Even though I should behave, I think a glass of cab and a good night sleep will take care of the blues.
2010-01-05 9:12 PM
in reply to: #2596441

guticur - 2010-01-05 5:34 PM Very tired today. I might be overdoing it a bit (hate being type A). Went to the pool with the kids (9 and 13, boys). Trying to teach them the basics of Total Immersion (that drained me). My oldest one says he wants to try a sprint tri . He can handle the bike and run, but he's kinda concerned with the swim. Anyways, laking energy. Ended up swimming 25 mins. Didn't even count the laps, but very gentle pace. Even though I should behave, I think a glass of cab and a good night sleep will take care of the blues.

Hey guticur, I was like that last week and I got sick! Ugh. I hate overdoing it. Take it easy! I think you did the right thing today, taking it at a gentle pace.

As for me, yesterday I worked out with my trainer and she kicked my butt. High VO2 the whole workout. Today I did a 1.5m run at 10mph pace, a 3m cycle at 18mph pace and 20 minutes on a crosstrainer with high resistance (155-170 HR). Also joined Weight Watchers! Got assigned 23 points per day. Had 27 today, but earned 3 points with my workout. Feeling good and healthy! I think my consistent multi-vitamin regimen is helping with that also. Now I'm off to drink water and read in bed. Hmm...maybe chamomile tea tonight. BF has to work late tonight so it's just me and the kitty cats. Night all!
2010-01-06 5:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
GOOD MORNING!

ALMOST did not get up to work out.  One child has a 30 minute sleep in for school, which gave me 30 extra...I had already slept it away and had left myself enough time to do a p90x video.....almost talked myself out of it, thinking I can run after work at 5:30 while the other child is at skating... BUT DID IT. I am really glad. Something always comes up late in the day once I am not the only one awake anymore.....this is my time, and I need to use it. If I run now, it will be a bonus! Dinner is already made and waiting to be warmed up....a run might actually happen!

I am sooooooooooo glad I got up to work out! Enjoy your day! And smile, because (at least in my world, lately) everyone is going through something rough, and I am really taking the stance that we have to prop each other up in this crazy, mixed-up world.
2010-01-06 6:03 AM

Freeland
Good morning, Well Iwas going to get up early and ride the bike on the trainer but I did not get to sleep as early as I wanted and I was tired.  So I slept in but intend to ride tonight after work for at least 30 min.  My eating is doing good portion size is a big concern for me.  Lots of fruit and veggies.  I want to get more weights in this week maybe Sat. morning hopefully.  Everybody have a great day. I will be chekcing in.

Jon
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 12