BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2014-05-23 8:30 AM
in reply to: jlangene

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open

Managed to squeeze in a great bike last night before my son's lacrosse practice. Went for a quick swim before work this morning. Lunch run on tap!

Feeling great to start training consistently!!

Look for the X/30 day challenge coming in June!!

2014-05-23 12:40 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jlangene

Just thought I better check in, hope everyone's week went well and you get to enjoy the holiday weekend, please don't forget what it is all about. I'm getting up and ready to go work in the field all weekend hoping we have lots of visitors and everyone stays safe. I got in 2 runs and 2 bikes this week so far missed 1 bike. Hoping to get in some swims next week now that the pool at the Elks is open. My rush fit videos were supposed to come in today but I noticed the tracking number they gave me shows them being delivered to Pennsylvania?!?! Hopefully they just sent me the wrong number and they will come in soon. I'll check in again after the busy weekend.

Jared - You had a great week! Keep up the hard work and thanks for your service.
2014-05-23 12:43 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
I just finished my last long run before the Quassy HIM next sunday. I ran 9 painfree (blessedly) miles averaging 13 minutes per mile (as a way of avoiding injury, I run 5 walk 3). I so happy by this. I ran out of gas by the end so I will have to go slower during the race - but I did it without any pain! It was my longest run since November 2012! As always - thanks to everyone for their support! I would not have made it without you!
2014-05-23 12:50 PM

User image

Expert
Time to check in on those goals. How is everyone doing? Take a moment to cut and paste your goal into a post and let us know how you're doing and what action you are going to take to achieve your goals this weekend if you haven't already accomplished them.

DQ - 1) Pack for Rev3 - will do this weekend
2) Practice transitions - will need to do this weekend
3) Create a plan for rev3 - I'm going to do it this afternoon
4) Ice everyday - doing it as I write.
5) Lose 2 pounds - Done. Hit 192. Next week, I want to break into the 180's

2014-05-23 2:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by Qua17

I just finished my last long run before the Quassy HIM next sunday. I ran 9 painfree (blessedly) miles averaging 13 minutes per mile (as a way of avoiding injury, I run 5 walk 3). I so happy by this. I ran out of gas by the end so I will have to go slower during the race - but I did it without any pain! It was my longest run since November 2012! As always - thanks to everyone for their support! I would not have made it without you!

"You are ALWAYS faster than the person that NEVER started!"

I can bike, but it's run/walk the best I can.

Great Job!
2014-05-23 2:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by Qua17 I just finished my last long run before the Quassy HIM next sunday. I ran 9 painfree (blessedly) miles averaging 13 minutes per mile (as a way of avoiding injury, I run 5 walk 3). I so happy by this. I ran out of gas by the end so I will have to go slower during the race - but I did it without any pain! It was my longest run since November 2012! As always - thanks to everyone for their support! I would not have made it without you!

Nice job old man! Nine miles has to earn you at least one beer tonite?? Keep up the good work!

2014-05-23 2:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by Qua17 Time to check in on those goals. How is everyone doing? Take a moment to cut and paste your goal into a post and let us know how you're doing and what action you are going to take to achieve your goals this weekend if you haven't already accomplished them. DQ - 1) Pack for Rev3 - will do this weekend 2) Practice transitions - will need to do this weekend 3) Create a plan for rev3 - I'm going to do it this afternoon 4) Ice everyday - doing it as I write. 5) Lose 2 pounds - Done. Hit 192. Next week, I want to break into the 180's

Somewhat derailed on my goals. Me and my daughter were sick this week. Hope to make them up on the weekend. Managed the 3 bikes, 2 runs and 1 swim so far. Will add an extra bike tomorrow and a swim Sunday. Run...we will see. Did continue to have success on weight loss.

This week. Pretty much the same as last except increase mileage for all three slightly. So

• 3 bike/3swim/3run
  • lose 2lbs
  • try find another race between now and July 13.

Edited by thor67 2014-05-23 2:49 PM
2014-05-24 8:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

For those on Facebook I have created a page for those in BDAAS. We have created these groups in the past. Feel free to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bdaas/

2014-05-24 1:16 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by thor67

Originally posted by Qua17 Time to check in on those goals. How is everyone doing? Take a moment to cut and paste your goal into a post and let us know how you're doing and what action you are going to take to achieve your goals this weekend if you haven't already accomplished them. DQ - 1) Pack for Rev3 - will do this weekend 2) Practice transitions - will need to do this weekend 3) Create a plan for rev3 - I'm going to do it this afternoon 4) Ice everyday - doing it as I write. 5) Lose 2 pounds - Done. Hit 192. Next week, I want to break into the 180's

Somewhat derailed on my goals. Me and my daughter were sick this week. Hope to make them up on the weekend. Managed the 3 bikes, 2 runs and 1 swim so far. Will add an extra bike tomorrow and a swim Sunday. Run...we will see. Did continue to have success on weight loss.

This week. Pretty much the same as last except increase mileage for all three slightly. So

• 3 bike/3swim/3run
  • lose 2lbs
  • try find another race between now and July 13.

I got in all of my goals and a bonus 40 miles today. Great solid pain free week.
2014-05-24 1:23 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Today was the first day I rode with my tri team. It all started out fine and dandy as we were all going along with the wind to our backs at 20+ mph. At the turn around the group started to splinter. Next thing I know there is only 6 of us left out of 31 and we were flying along at 22+. I actually took my first ever pull while riding in a group. Granted at that speed it wasn't for long but I still did my part. No idea how I got into the fast group but I was always told if you want to get faster ride with people that are faster than you. We ended with 40 miles in the books. Looks like this will be an every Saturday thing for me now.

My Garmin said 18.51 avg mph but that included the 10 minutes we stopped and the warm up/cool down.

Edited by Burd 2014-05-24 1:41 PM
2014-05-24 3:23 PM
in reply to: Burd

User image

Veteran
This week has been a forced recovery/rest week for me. I've been out of the country all week in Amsterdam and Spain, on business. On my way home now, finally, but stuck in Atlanta airport for the next 4 hours. Anxious to hit it hard again, starting tomorrow.

Randy

2014-05-24 3:29 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Burd

Today was the first day I rode with my tri team. It all started out fine and dandy as we were all going along with the wind to our backs at 20+ mph. At the turn around the group started to splinter. Next thing I know there is only 6 of us left out of 31 and we were flying along at 22+. I actually took my first ever pull while riding in a group. Granted at that speed it wasn't for long but I still did my part. No idea how I got into the fast group but I was always told if you want to get faster ride with people that are faster than you. We ended with 40 miles in the books. Looks like this will be an every Saturday thing for me now.

My Garmin said 18.51 avg mph but that included the 10 minutes we stopped and the warm up/cool down.

What? ONLY 18.51 mph... I'd return the bike

Nice work nancy boy - glad to see that you are moving ever closer to making that podium!
2014-05-25 7:16 AM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

Originally posted by jlangene

Just thought I better check in, hope everyone's week went well and you get to enjoy the holiday weekend, please don't forget what it is all about. I'm getting up and ready to go work in the field all weekend hoping we have lots of visitors and everyone stays safe. I got in 2 runs and 2 bikes this week so far missed 1 bike. Hoping to get in some swims next week now that the pool at the Elks is open. My rush fit videos were supposed to come in today but I noticed the tracking number they gave me shows them being delivered to Pennsylvania?!?! Hopefully they just sent me the wrong number and they will come in soon. I'll check in again after the busy weekend.

Jared - You had a great week! Keep up the hard work and thanks for your service.

Thanks Dave, but unfortunately I never had the opportunity to serve in the military.
2014-05-25 9:10 AM

User image

Expert
Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a good week! A couple thoughts for the up coming week:

1) I will post the goal chart for the week. Remember to add yours to the list by clicking on the gray quote button. Doing this will ensure that everyone's goals are on the same list, which we can then use to cheer each other on!

2) As we get to know one another - please sign off with your name on your posts.

3) Anyone want to suggest a topic for us to discuss this week? Feel free to ask any question. There is a lot of experience and knowledge in this group, which I hope everyone will take advantage of to move you closer to your goals.

4) Have a great week everyone!
2014-05-25 9:12 AM

User image

Expert
Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014

DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend
2014-05-25 10:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

3)Find another race to enter

4)Find out David's goals for tri and place warm coors light penalty if he fails...although i think he is a closet coors light drinker... 

5)Have all fellow BDAASers post what their first tri race of the season is and if none why not?

Originally posted by Qua17 Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014 DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend

2014-05-25 10:29 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

4)Find out David's goals for tri and place warm coors light penalty if he fails...although i think he is a closet coors light drinker... 

5)Have all fellow BDAASers post what their first tri race of the season is and if none why not?

Originally posted by Qua17 Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014 DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend

3 S/B/R, 3 strength, attend group ride on Saturday, plan out races for the year now that I'm running again.
2014-05-25 12:08 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

Originally posted by MOlsen

After a week of "too hot to run" weather and a long busy weekend I was finally able to get a good run in today. It was an easy 4 miles but felt good to get out and get moving! Over the weekend I tried a couple beers from "Full Circle" brewing in Fresno, CA. Their pale was very tasty with a nice bite and perfect for the warm weather, whereas their IPA was middle ground and could have used a bit more of a hop character.

"Hi!" to all the new folks, welcome to the group!

"too hot to run" eh? I have to say I have zero sympathy for you It's freaking 90+ here with super high humidity. It's like Africa but hotter. At least you got a run in and for that bravo....good work.

Hey Alex... Karma's rough isn't it.... It's 72 and sunny here... That laughter you hear as you sweat your butt off is payback for all the "oh, I'm going out for a ride it's 75 today comments when we were buried under 3 feet of snow

bbwwwwaaaahhhhaaaahaaaa!
2014-05-25 12:25 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

3 S/B/R, 3 strength, attend group ride on Saturday, plan out races for the year now that I'm running again.

Out of the four days I was at work I made lunch one of those days...soooooooo goals are similar to last week.

* make lunch each day of the week
* get all planned training sessions completed
~ This means, review schedule...can I really get to the pool? Or can I really not get to the pool? I think I rather do yoga so no I cannot get to the pool three times this week and do yoga.
* learn to take a compliment.
~ People keep taking me by the arm, hold me out, look me up and down and compliment me on how great I am looking. I need to accept that with a smile, say thank you and give a genuine compliment or expression of kindness right back...none of this, "Oh but I have this fat here or there to lose" or worse yet, "I can do better, i am horrible at diets"...I am not on a diet I am working at something just for me and no one else and the work is paying off!
2014-05-25 12:34 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by mirthfuldragon

Good morning friends.

I'm getting really pumped. Rev3 Quassy athlete guide came out yesterday, and I'm racing my first HIM in 12 days. Body feels great, I'm the lightest I've been in my adult life, bike's packed up, and I'm ready to *rock*. The hard part is keeping the boss off my back, because, let's face it, I'm leaving in three days for vacation and racing, and I've all but mentally checked out here.

Here's a discussion topic: What do you do to mentally prepare for a race? Sprint, Oly, HIM, IM, swim, bike, or run - what have you found successful, what hasn't worked, and what do you like to do to get in the zone?

I visualize...lay there, listen to my breathing then from the wake up to the finish i visualize the day. Positive vibes your way for your race!
2014-05-25 5:48 PM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

New user
Auburn, AL

Went out for my long ride this afternoon.  Was having a really good ride till around mile 18.  Heading around a corner and boom my front tire flats!  I about wiped out but manged to keep the bike upright.  Luckily this did not happen 30 seconds earlier when I was going down a hill at a little over 30 mph.....

Amazingly this is the first time I have ever gotten a flat on my road bike.  Glad I got it out of they way on a training ride.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

-Matt

2014-05-26 7:44 AM
in reply to: podemma

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by podemma

Went out for my long ride this afternoon.  Was having a really good ride till around mile 18.  Heading around a corner and boom my front tire flats!  I about wiped out but manged to keep the bike upright.  Luckily this did not happen 30 seconds earlier when I was going down a hill at a little over 30 mph.....

Amazingly this is the first time I have ever gotten a flat on my road bike.  Glad I got it out of they way on a training ride.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

-Matt

Lucky bugger, I have had two this year already...

2014-05-26 8:00 AM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
Originally posted by SportzVision

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

Out of the four days I was at work I made lunch one of those days...soooooooo goals are similar to last week.

* make lunch each day of the week
* get all planned training sessions completed
~ This means, review schedule...can I really get to the pool? Or can I really not get to the pool? I think I rather do yoga so no I cannot get to the pool three times this week and do yoga.
* learn to take a compliment.
~ People keep taking me by the arm, hold me out, look me up and down and compliment me on how great I am looking. I need to accept that with a smile, say thank you and give a genuine compliment or expression of kindness right back...none of this, "Oh but I have this fat here or there to lose" or worse yet, "I can do better, i am horrible at diets"...I am not on a diet I am working at something just for me and no one else and the work is paying off!

2 runs 2 bikes 2swims and hopefully start rushfit if it ever gets delivered.
2014-05-26 8:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning go swimming. Had a great swim. Great way to start the week. Run on tap for lunch time. Looking like a rainy run.

2014-05-26 8:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

I see the postings lagging in comparison to previous groups. I will say that the more involved you get the more likely you are to succeed in your goals, especially if you are trying to do your first triathlon.

My question for everyone is when is you first(next) tri of the year? Location? Distance?

For me:
Heart of the Rockies  Sprint Triathlon

Invermere, BC Canada.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 51166 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (Open) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 19837 Posts: 218

2014-12-22 1:14 PM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.