2007-02-01 1:52 PM
in reply to: #675154

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

(Paramount-chin-dip-muscle-diagram.jpg)

(pushup muscles.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Paramount-chin-dip-muscle-diagram.jpg (47KB - 52 downloads)
pushup muscles.jpg (39KB - 51 downloads)

2007-02-01 2:05 PM
in reply to: #674676

2007-02-02 3:42 PM
in reply to: #633528

2007-02-05 7:44 AM
in reply to: #675811

Regular
Subject: RE: Betsy's Group - FULL
It's a nausiated "gotta go potty" kind of cramp....probably more information than some of you want to know, but it's become a real problem. I worked on push up today and will add pull ups on Wednesday. Thanks.
2007-02-05 1:29 PM
in reply to: #679307

2007-02-05 1:34 PM
in reply to: #679307

Shefner---about your other question: My HRM has a "foot pod" thing that you put on your shoe and tells you distance and pace...Its a Polar RS series. I was like $160 I think.

Rene---I just did my first tri this weekend and I wore my speedo in the pool and then put on a jersey and shorts which was REALLY tough being wet and confused and all even though I had practiced. The first thing I said when I was done was that I'm getting a trisuit. lol. People wear wetsuits from what I've seen/heard but you have to be careful--I think sometimes they won't let you if its a certain temp. My vote is for trisuit but I think you should think about what would be best for you: the woman that placed first in my tri did the whole thing in a one piece bathing suit. I don't suggest foot things unless you're going to be in REALLY cold water. I've swam all my life and never had a problem with feet coldness--in fact, never even thought about them. Hope that helps.

Hey everyone! I did my first tri this weekend! I finished 10 and a half minutes UNDER what I planned for "expected"!!!! It was awesome--my overall time was like 1:23 ish but I haven't gotten exact results back yet. I was so confused the whole time---your brain kinda stops working there. The worst part of it was that it was 46 degrees outside and the pool temp was 82 which was making a lot of people sick and all of us REALLY slow. The race leader did the swim in 6:30 and i did 8:48 so I feel pretty good. It was awesome. I can't wait for my next one. I'm getting aero bars and a trisuit if it kills me. I had the best run of my life too, my knee didn't hurt.

Thanks for your encouragement and help! It was great!

oh man, Betsy---the challenge: I REALLY don't wanna do pushups and pullups but its probably good for me. Plus, I still haven't done the core workout because i was doing other similar things so I've got a lot of work to do.

-Jessie

2007-02-05 1:51 PM

Regular
Jessie, this is awesome and I'm so impressed on you time. Wow, 46 degrees...that is cold but it doesn't look like it affected you that much. Way to go!

Tell me more about being confused? I haven't heard this before...was it brain overload, excitement?

On another note, I looked at a trisuits this weekend and really liked how they fit...I'm considering one as well. Aero bars are the way to go. Although I'm a novice rider w/ a new road bike (1 week), they are nice to have and really reduced the strain on my shoulders and wrists.

Start the ab challenge when you can....it's tough but I'm already noticing a difference after 2 weeks!

Send pics of your event...would love to see you crossing the finish line.
2007-02-05 3:03 PM

2007-02-05 4:19 PM

Way to go, Jessie!!! Great job, and in such cold weather!!!

Thanks for the suit advice. I think I will check out the trisuit.

Question about aerobars--does it make steering more difficult?

Regarding the push-up/pull-up challenge...I agree, that they will be good for me--the vegetables of getting in shape! Not that we're vegetables or anything... So I'm in...twice a week?

Rene
2007-02-05 5:49 PM
in reply to: #680201

2007-02-05 5:51 PM

2007-02-05 10:00 PM

Ok friends I need help.......I spent the weekend at a firefighter convention eating crap and drinking lots of Captain Morgan and diet cokes. I feel bloated and totally bombed today trying to workout here at work. Granted with the cold weather High of 1 degree today we have ran 18 callls here at work. And its only 930pm. I need some motivation here...I feel like I fell off of the wagon and Im trying to climb back on. Note do not eat a burrito and jump on the treadmill to run.

On a good note I was chosen to be an Illinois representative for the International firefighters memorial held in September in Colorado Springs. I am part of the Associated Firefighters of Illinois Honor Guard. Largest Honor Guard in North America. It is pretty amazing. So on a good note I am humbled and honored to get the opportunity to be chosen for this memorial. If your interested in learning more do a web search for IAFF Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial.

Take care and Keep warm...
2007-02-06 7:54 AM

Regular
Eric, that is an honor and one you should be very proud of. What you do for a living is so honorable and I personally appreciate your sacrifice to serve. My Dad spent 40 years in the military as a helicopter pilot serving our nation in Vietnam and Dessert Storm so I have high regard for anyone who will put their lives on the line for others.

As far as falling off the wagon...it has happened to all of us, but you have to get back up, keep going and keep telling yourself that you can do it. I love reading your training log because you have such a "can do" attitude. Don't let one weekend negate all the progress you've made...and by the way, what were you thinking! Eating a burrito and then hitting the treadmill? I don't want to know the outcome (no pun intended) of that one!

The challenge...since I asked for upper body then I'm in for twice a week on Monday's and Friday's.

2007-02-06 3:09 PM

I have the same fear, Eric. But you can bounce back! Just think...you already have at least a month of training under your belt!

I added pushups and pullups to my short term goals. As a person who cannot lift her own body weight even once (YET!), I'd like to recommend that machine in the gym where you can set the assistance level (vs. the resistence level) - I don't know the name of it. The idea is that you can keep reducing the assistance until it's zero (or start adding resistance!). I'm committing to this machine twice a week.

Rene
2007-02-06 3:44 PM
in reply to: #680521

2007-02-06 3:44 PM
in reply to: #680711

2007-02-06 3:47 PM
in reply to: #681644

2007-02-06 3:59 PM

2007-02-06 6:31 PM

OK! I'll distinguish my real pushups from my baby ones.

And someday I hope to do a real pull up or two, also!

Rene
2007-02-07 11:55 AM
in reply to: #681963

2007-02-07 12:32 PM

Hey Y'all -

Everybody is doing AWESOME!! Y'all are all so motivating and inspiring! Sorry I haven't been online lately. I do appreciate all the inspiration that you have been sending my way.

I am trying to send some warm weather to all of you that live in the cold areas of America. I just don't see how y'all do it!! It was a little chilly in MS, but it feels great here in Southern California! I went to the Performance bike store last night - we don't have the store in MS - ended up with a tri magazine, but haven't gotten to read it yet. Jogged/walked down to the Rose Bowl today (got side tracked trying to get an orange out of a tree) and it was fun! I am a nerd and I am ok with that.

Ok, I am going to add pushups to my regimen, along with the core.

Hope everyone is having a good week!! Carrie

2007-02-07 1:11 PM
in reply to: #682855

2007-02-07 10:19 PM

Regular
Hey guys.... Hope training's going well... I don't think any of you ARE in Arizona, but I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at this post... and pass the info on to anyone you might know in AZ. :D

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
2007-02-08 1:14 PM
in reply to: #680521

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
hang in there Eric... if you fall off the training wagon, all that matters is that you get back on board again and pick up where you left off. I'm sure we all have our moments. Luckily we aren't elite triathletes forced to watch  every gram of fat ! :p
2007-02-08 6:40 PM
in reply to: #684184

Regular
Yeah! Exactly...

And you know what, ALL THOSE ELITE RUNNERS HAVE BAD DAYS TOO! They all take rest days, they all miss practices due to traveling or press conferences or just plain getting sick.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Betsy's Tri-BAMFs Rss Feed  

of 27