of 103

2010-11-15 10:14 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
I am posting this so I don't forget.

I looked up my weight at the beginning of each year since I've been on BT and for the past 3 years I have started the new year around the 216 mark.

I am hovering in the 198-204 range right now.  I AM NOT going to let my weight get back up to those levels this year!

2010-11-15 11:53 AM
in reply to: #3210997

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Enjoy your taper week and just follow the plan, it works.  I am so excited for you!! 
2010-11-15 12:12 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
The plan calls for me to run Tuesday thru Friday, 4 3.5, 3 and 3.  They are all easy runs and I can't tell my patience is going downhill with the boys!  It is a busy week though so I hope that helps!  Joe has his first karate tournament on Saturday so he can go to class three days this week.  Because of family plans tonight, he has to go Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I will only take him tomorrow though.  I took off of work on Friday to head over to the expo. 
2010-11-16 8:52 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Happy Tuesday!
2010-11-16 10:13 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
So, I posted today what my usual meals are for each day.  Notice there's about a 120-ish calorie deficit.  I usually use that for an extra piece of fruit when I get home or some other snack that might come about at school, etc.  My lunches are pretty much clockwork, same thing every day (maybe goldfish instead of chips), and my breakfasts are either oatmeal or an egg sandwich (no yolk), with yogurt and a banana.  Dinners are always some type of frozen meal during the week, then maybe salad and something else on the weekends.  I've been plugging all my meals into my phone, but I wanted to post it on here at least once (even though it's a pain in the butt on here!). 

Could you guys look at it and see what you think, and let me know what I seem to be missing, if anything? 

Thanks all!  Have a great day!
2010-11-16 11:26 AM
in reply to: #3213133

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
SoccerGK - 2010-11-16 10:13 AM So, I posted today what my usual meals are for each day.  Notice there's about a 120-ish calorie deficit.  I usually use that for an extra piece of fruit when I get home or some other snack that might come about at school, etc.  My lunches are pretty much clockwork, same thing every day (maybe goldfish instead of chips), and my breakfasts are either oatmeal or an egg sandwich (no yolk), with yogurt and a banana.  Dinners are always some type of frozen meal during the week, then maybe salad and something else on the weekends.  I've been plugging all my meals into my phone, but I wanted to post it on here at least once (even though it's a pain in the butt on here!). 

Could you guys look at it and see what you think, and let me know what I seem to be missing, if anything? 

Erica - overall it looks pretty good.  A few things I would consider:  1) The breakfast is very carb heavy.  I would look to get some more protein in.  Maybe try greek yogurt, drink a low carb protein shake (atkins makes a decent one), or replace the banana/yogurt with a hard boiled egg (and eat the yolk, it is good for you!) or turkey sausage.  2) I see very few veggies.  Maybe replace the chips/goldfish with whatever veggies you like (I usually use carrots or cherub tomatoes).  Maybe a small salad and light dressing.  Add some veggies to dinner as well.

It looks very similar to what I do.  My breakfast is a high fiber cereal and milk.  I then snack on nuts, figs, yogurt, and V8.  My lunch is a sandwich on whole wheat and a side of carrots/tomatoes.  My afternoon snack is fruit.  My dinner is a frozen lean cuisine with a side or two of extra veggies.  My after dinner "dessert" is some dried banana chips.  I usually eat something like this during my work week.  Now if I can just not eat out so much on the weekends!

Edit: I added my food for the day today just guessing for a typical dinner.

Edited by chichitao 2010-11-16 12:06 PM

2010-11-16 2:02 PM
in reply to: #3213292

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
chichitao - 2010-11-16 11:26 AM
SoccerGK - 2010-11-16 10:13 AM So, I posted today what my usual meals are for each day.  Notice there's about a 120-ish calorie deficit.  I usually use that for an extra piece of fruit when I get home or some other snack that might come about at school, etc.  My lunches are pretty much clockwork, same thing every day (maybe goldfish instead of chips), and my breakfasts are either oatmeal or an egg sandwich (no yolk), with yogurt and a banana.  Dinners are always some type of frozen meal during the week, then maybe salad and something else on the weekends.  I've been plugging all my meals into my phone, but I wanted to post it on here at least once (even though it's a pain in the butt on here!). 

Erica - overall it looks pretty good.  A few things I would consider:  1) The breakfast is very carb heavy.  I would look to get some more protein in.  Maybe try greek yogurt, drink a low carb protein shake (atkins makes a decent one), or replace the banana/yogurt with a hard boiled egg (and eat the yolk, it is good for you!) or turkey sausage.  2) I see very few veggies.  Maybe replace the chips/goldfish with whatever veggies you like (I usually use carrots or cherub tomatoes).  Maybe a small salad and light dressing.  Add some veggies to dinner as well.

It looks very similar to what I do.  My breakfast is a high fiber cereal and milk.  I then snack on nuts, figs, yogurt, and V8.  My lunch is a sandwich on whole wheat and a side of carrots/tomatoes.  My afternoon snack is fruit.  My dinner is a frozen lean cuisine with a side or two of extra veggies.  My after dinner "dessert" is some dried banana chips.  I usually eat something like this during my work week.  Now if I can just not eat out so much on the weekends!

Edit: I added my food for the day today just guessing for a typical dinner.

Interesting article!  The only reason I've been cutting out the yolk is because it makes an egg go from 20ish calories up to 90ish calories.  Believe me, once I'm done with this crazy diet, I'm going up to at least 1600 calories/day for a while so that I can eat somewhat normally again!  Good idea on the turkey sausage, too.  I will get some at the store this weekend.  The only reason I'm not doing Greek yogurt is because it's expensive!  It's hard to rationalize paying almost 3x the amount for a thing of yogurt.  I will look for some coupons online.

Where do you get the atkins shakes?  And someone said bananas are bad for weight loss?  Is that right?

Good call on the extra veggies.  I was so concerned about taking in fruit that I missed this!  Problem is, I don't eat a lot of veggies plain, I usually dip them in something.  Any low calorie options for this?

Also, what are your favorite lean cuisines or frozen meals?  I've been eating the Michelina's Lean Gourmet ones because I actually like them more than some others I've tried.  But there's not a lot of variety, so I'm open to suggestions!

And I just realized I have no idea how to look at your nutrition.  Can you see all my food for the day?  Or is that private?

Wow, question loaded post...
2010-11-16 2:36 PM
in reply to: #3213597

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Dips for veggies are easy if you use yogurt as your base instead of sour cream or mayonaisse.  Just mix it up with spices, hot sauce, mustard, grated cucumber and garlic, fresh herbs such as dill or whatever other flavor profiles you might like.  If you thin out the yoghurt enough you can also use it as a dressing for salad.  

I hear what you say about the cost of the greek yoghurt but it is really nice and has the consistency and texture of a rich sour cream, making it worth the extra investment. 

2010-11-16 5:23 PM
in reply to: #3213597

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
SoccerGK - 2010-11-16 2:02 PM
Interesting article!  The only reason I've been cutting out the yolk is because it makes an egg go from 20ish calories up to 90ish calories.  Believe me, once I'm done with this crazy diet, I'm going up to at least 1600 calories/day for a while so that I can eat somewhat normally again!  Good idea on the turkey sausage, too.  I will get some at the store this weekend.  The only reason I'm not doing Greek yogurt is because it's expensive!  It's hard to rationalize paying almost 3x the amount for a thing of yogurt.  I will look for some coupons online.

Where do you get the atkins shakes?  And someone said bananas are bad for weight loss?  Is that right?

Good call on the extra veggies.  I was so concerned about taking in fruit that I missed this!  Problem is, I don't eat a lot of veggies plain, I usually dip them in something.  Any low calorie options for this?

Also, what are your favorite lean cuisines or frozen meals?  I've been eating the Michelina's Lean Gourmet ones because I actually like them more than some others I've tried.  But there's not a lot of variety, so I'm open to suggestions!

And I just realized I have no idea how to look at your nutrition.  Can you see all my food for the day?  Or is that private?

Wow, question loaded post...

That was loaded!  Not sure about where you are at, but here the yoplait light sells for $.50 and the yoplait greek is $1.  I've seen the shakes at all my local grocery stores and at target and walmart.  it is usually with the slim fast shakes and supplements.  i would never consider a banana bad for weight loss.  i think it's gotten a bad rap for having a lot of carbs but most fruits do, and in my opinion natural carbs like that are always better than processed ones. 

on the veggie dip, Sandra hit it right on with the yogurt.  or try hummus, which is just mashed up garbanzo beans.  you could try a low calorie ranch or italian dressing, but don't overdo it. 

on the frozen meals, I like lean cuisine the best and they seem to have the most choices.  i purposely try to pick the ones that have the most veggies already in them.  i am not picky so i pretty much like them all and I rarely eat the same meal for a while.  but taste test them and find what you like.  i tend to stay away from healthy choice b/c they include a dessert i don't eat and i don't feel like paying for something i am not eating. 

yes, i can see your food.  to look at someone else's you must: get into their blog, move mouse over "jump to: blog", then a drop down menu appears and click on nutrition.

let me know if that works for you.
2010-11-17 11:24 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Anyone in the market for wetsuits??

If so, Xterra is having a ridiculous sale right now of up to 64% off.  I have a full suit from them and will be getting a sleeveless with this sale.  The sleeveless I was looking for is normally $300 and I can get it for $109 with free shipping and no tax.  Just need to go home this afternoon and found out what size I got last time.

They often have sales but I have not seen any this low.  Got my full from them for $150. 
2010-11-17 1:34 PM
in reply to: #3213133

User image

Expert
Make sure that you calorie intake does not get TOO low or you body will go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism.  Not sure if you mentioned this or not but how much water are you drinking a day?  Plenty of water will keep your metabolism working efficiently.  I agree with T2 on the veggies.  Also I would suggest to eat the majority of your calories in the morning and at lunch.  Good Luck!!!

2010-11-17 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
T1 - I had the yolk this morning!  I've forgotten how good they taste.  No regrets about those calories!

T2 - No worries, I've been making sure I'm not starving.  If I'm REALLY hungry, I will eat something, regardless of calories.  I'm learning how to decipher whether I'm actually hungry or just antsy now too.  It's funny teaching myself all this about calorie intake when I've NEVER dieted before to lose weight, only upped the intensity of my workouts.  I've been taking in between 72-96oz of water/day.  Is that enough?

That being said, I'm ready to start taking in 1600 calories/day after this wedding so that I can sustain my workouts better!

Edited by SoccerGK 2010-11-17 2:05 PM
2010-11-17 2:31 PM
in reply to: #3215323

User image

Expert
South Jersey
SoccerGK - 2010-11-17 2:04 PM T1 - I had the yolk this morning!  I've forgotten how good they taste.  No regrets about those calories!

T2 - No worries, I've been making sure I'm not starving.  If I'm REALLY hungry, I will eat something, regardless of calories.  I'm learnin
g how to decipher whether I'm actually hungry or just antsy now too.  It's funny teaching myself all this about calorie intake when I've NEVER dieted before to lose weight, only upped the intensity of my workouts.  I've been taking in between 72-96oz of water/day.  Is that enough?

That being said, I'm ready to start taking in 1600 calories/day after this wedding so that I can sustain my workouts better!

You are doing a great job!! 
2010-11-17 2:32 PM
in reply to: #3214959

User image

Expert
South Jersey
chichitao - 2010-11-17 11:24 AM Anyone in the market for wetsuits??

If so, Xterra is having a ridiculous sale right now of up to 64% off.  I have a full suit from them and will be getting a sleeveless with this sale.  The sleeveless I was looking for is normally $300 and I can get it for $109 with free shipping and no tax.  Just need to go home this afternoon and found out what size I got last time.

They often have sales but I have not seen any this low.  Got my full from them for $150. 

Hmmmm....John mentioned about getting me a wetsuit for Christmas.  We may need to talk about that again tonight!  We spent so much time at the shore this past summer and I did not get to do as many tris as I wanted to.  A wetsuit would definitely make some spring tris doable!
2010-11-18 5:32 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
If you guys are planning on getting a wetsuit through the link Tim posted, shoot me a pm first!
2010-11-18 5:36 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I ran my last training run this morning!  My plan calls for 3 tomorrow but I am going to skip it.  My knee felt a little off last night during my run but better this morning.  Running or not running tomorrow is not going to help me or hurt me so I am just going to rest.  I took the day off to hit up the expo instead of going on Saturday.  I am glad I planned that months ago because Joe has his first karate tournament Saturday morning. 

I know I have not posted or inspired much the last week or so.  I apologize for that but my mind has been all over the place.  I will get back in track next week with you guys!  I promise!

I don't expect to be able to really post tomorrow since I will be with the boys but I want to thank you guys for all the support, advice, and encouragement you have given me.  It has meant the world to me!  I never thought running a marathon would be possible.  I just started running 2 years ago and only did it for fitness but somewhere along the way I fell in love with it.  It has become an outlet for me.  I have said it before and I will continue to say it, running makes me a happier mama!  It is the one that that really helped my PPD after having Logan.  People keep asking me why i am running a marathon and I don't really have an answer for them.  I run for ME and that is the main reason.  Maybe I will have an answer on Sunday!

2010-11-18 7:14 AM
in reply to: #3216109

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Mrschach - 2010-11-18 6:36 AM I ran my last training run this morning!  My plan calls for 3 tomorrow but I am going to skip it.  My knee felt a little off last night during my run but better this morning.  Running or not running tomorrow is not going to help me or hurt me so I am just going to rest.  I took the day off to hit up the expo instead of going on Saturday.  I am glad I planned that months ago because Joe has his first karate tournament Saturday morning. 

I know I have not posted or inspired much the last week or so.  I apologize for that but my mind has been all over the place.  I will get back in track next week with you guys!  I promise!

I don't expect to be able to really post tomorrow since I will be with the boys but I want to thank you guys for all the support, advice, and encouragement you have given me.  It has meant the world to me!  I never thought running a marathon would be possible.  I just started running 2 years ago and only did it for fitness but somewhere along the way I fell in love with it.  It has become an outlet for me.  I have said it before and I will continue to say it, running makes me a happier mama!  It is the one that that really helped my PPD after having Logan.  People keep asking me why i am running a marathon and I don't really have an answer for them.  I run for ME and that is the main reason.  Maybe I will have an answer on Sunday!

Good luck this weekend, Meggan!  You're gonna rip it up.  I think that I can speak for the rest of the group when I say that you are amazing, and such an inspirational story!  I, for one, can't wait to hear your results! 
2010-11-18 8:24 AM
in reply to: #3216107

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Mrschach - 2010-11-18 5:32 AM If you guys are planning on getting a wetsuit through the link Tim posted, shoot me a pm first!

Yes do!  I bought the sleeveless wetsuit last night for $99. 
2010-11-18 8:29 AM
in reply to: #3216296

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
chichitao - 2010-11-18 9:24 AM
Mrschach - 2010-11-18 5:32 AM If you guys are planning on getting a wetsuit through the link Tim posted, shoot me a pm first!

Yes do!  I bought the sleeveless wetsuit last night for $99. 

I'm very seriously considering it, but shipping is just ridiculous to Canada    I may try to get a bunch of people from my team to get them so that we can combine shipping.  Why do you say to PM you, Meggan?  Got a deal for us?   
2010-11-19 9:09 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Meggan - You're going to rock it this weekend!!!!  I'll be cheering for you!!!

HAPPY DAY! Dress fits!  Still a little tighter than I want it to be, but it works!  Weight this morning was 157.6, which is funny because I've actually been taking in MORE calories this week than in the past!  Now I know that I really do need 1300-1400 to sustain my workouts and weight loss.

Oh, AND DH is buying me a treadmill for xmas, so we're picking that out this weekend!  Yay!

Happy Friday all!
2010-11-19 2:25 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
If you guys are interested, you can track my slow running Sunday morning!!  Here is the website...

http://live.activeresult.com/msg/MSG-signup.tcl?event_id=33

You can get text or email updates.  My name is Meggan Ciaccia.

2010-11-19 2:25 PM
in reply to: #3218100

User image

Expert
South Jersey
SoccerGK - 2010-11-19 9:09 AM Meggan - You're going to rock it this weekend!!!!  I'll be cheering for you!!!

HAPPY DAY! Dress fits!  Still a little tighter than I want it to be, but it works!  Weight this morning was 157.6, which is funny because I've actually been taking in MORE calories this week than in the past!  Now I know that I really do need 1300-1400 to sustain my workouts and weight loss.

Oh, AND DH is buying me a treadmill for xmas, so we're picking that out this weekend!  Yay!

Happy Friday all!

Nice job!  Can't wait to see pics!
2010-11-19 10:26 PM
in reply to: #3218638

User image

Expert
Good luck this weekend - You will do great!  Just stay focused yet enjoy the day.  Take it all in.  It will be a great and memorable day.

Mrschach - 2010-11-19 2:25 PM If you guys are interested, you can track my slow running Sunday morning!!  Here is the website...

http://live.activeresult.com/msg/MSG-signup.tcl?event_id=33

You can get text or email updates.  My name is Meggan Ciaccia.
2010-11-20 10:16 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Meggan, have a great time at the run tomorrow.  You've been a wonderful inspiration to me these past few months with your dedication and training.  Just like T2 said, enjoy the day, take it all in, and realize what a great feat you are about to accomplish.  You'll be part of the 1% of people who have ever run a marathon. 

Best of Luck!
2010-11-20 10:17 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Great news on the weight loss and dress fitting, Erica!  It is really great how you set a goal for yourself and followed through with it and ended up with great results.  Good for you! 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103