BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-04-20 9:12 AM
in reply to: #2096597

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
evondo - 2009-04-20 8:15 AM Happy Monday guys/gals! How was the weekend?

Well you pretty much know how Saturday went... dirty rotten OWS deniers!!!

Sunday was a great day... the weather was great, felt really strong on my swims, and I had to pull back on the reins so that I didn't over-do-it!  I was just so motivated and I had the time, I felt like I wanted to try an concqur the world in one day.  I sacrificed the bike, and thought I would get to it this morning... unsupportive spouse issues this AM, soooo, I didn't get up at 4:30 to ride like I had planned... instead, I let sleeping beauty sleep until 6am (uninterupted).  She does not get many more of those in the coming months ~ I promise you that...  I don't want to be a harda$$, but I have a commitment I must fulfill ~ in order to cross that finish line in November (healthy)! 

Well, enough airing of the dirty laundry, I am just a little frustrated...  On to better, happier topics!  This looks like a great week of weather in Houston ~ super stoked about that!  And we are quickly approaching a great race weekend for a bunch of us!  First TRI of the season... I am so freaking pumped!!!  SOOOO ready to race!  Tweakin'!

Happy Monday Y'all!

2009-04-20 9:15 AM
in reply to: #2096611

User image

Nicole83 - 2009-04-20 8:22 AM Relaxing, lazy and ice cream filled.

Anyone else care to respond with some sort of amazing training stories?

Had I had some ice cream in the freezer Saturday, I could have put a hurtin' on that... I have been slacking in the ice cream department...  I might need to revisit that this coming weekend after the race!  Beer or ice cream... tough choice!  oh yeah & some relaxing!
2009-04-20 9:39 AM
in reply to: #2096597

User image

Master
New York, NY
evondo - 2009-04-20 9:15 AM Happy Monday guys/gals! How was the weekend?

I had such a great, super-productive weekend!!!  And it was gorgeous here all weekend.

Saturday morning I had a nice 36 mile ride.  It felt awesome to be riding outside again.  I made the huge mistake of not stretching after riding....I get tight v. easily....and I'm now paying the price.  Saturday afternoon I joined some friends for a pub crawl.....it was good times and surprisingly I behaved myself very, very well.

Sunday morning I got all the errands done that I've been putting off, did a little spring cleaning, re-stocked the fridge and then met some friends for a nice 10 mile run.
2009-04-20 9:43 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Master
New York, NY
On tap for tonight is a 7.5 mile run.  It's mid to high 40's and raining.  Should I (a) put on my galoshes, join the group and brave the elements or (b) spend a dreadful, but dry, hour+ on the treadmill?????
2009-04-20 11:09 AM
in reply to: #2096850

User image

KelliD - 2009-04-20 9:43 AM On tap for tonight is a 7.5 mile run.  It's mid to high 40's and raining.  Should I (a) put on my galoshes, join the group and brave the elements or (b) spend a dreadful, but dry, hour+ on the treadmill?????

If your friends/running buddies are braving the elements... then join them!  I can't do that hour+ stuff on the treadmill!  I would go nucking futs!  45 minutes is my longest run ever on a treadmill!  Maybe it will stop raining and just be cold... that you can do!  Have a great run either way!
2009-04-20 11:57 AM
in reply to: #2096744

User image

Master
New York, NY
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-04-20 10:12 AM

Sunday was a great day... the weather was great, felt really strong on my swims, and I had to pull back on the reins so that I didn't over-do-it!  I was just so motivated and I had the time, I felt like I wanted to try an concqur the world in one day.  I sacrificed the bike, and thought I would get to it this morning... unsupportive spouse issues this AM, soooo, I didn't get up at 4:30 to ride like I had planned... instead, I let sleeping beauty sleep until 6am (uninterupted).  She does not get many more of those in the coming months ~ I promise you that...  I don't want to be a harda$$, but I have a commitment I must fulfill ~ in order to cross that finish line in November (healthy)! 

Well, enough airing of the dirty laundry, I am just a little frustrated...  On to better, happier topics!  This looks like a great week of weather in Houston ~ super stoked about that!  And we are quickly approaching a great race weekend for a bunch of us!  First TRI of the season... I am so freaking pumped!!!  SOOOO ready to race!  Tweakin'!

Happy Monday Y'all!

Sorry to hear about the unsupportiveness this morning!  Finding a happy training-life balance isn't easy by any means!  Especially since training takes up A LOT of time, directly and indirectly. Have you  guys talked about your upcoming training schedule & what involved?  Even if you have, maybe you could explain it again and reiterate how important this is to you....and maybe bring home some flowers that day too    I also really believe that for people not involved in any type of endurance sport it's hard to fully understand/appreciate/respect/whatever you want to call it, this type of lifestyle.  I think they understand up to a certain point, but never fully. 

This is part of the reason why I've decided that I would like a triathlete boyfriend.  I suppose he could be a runner that also liked to cycle.  At least in my fantasy world....he'd already "get it", I'd have a training buddy, he'd be hot, I'd have my very own pace booty and triathletes are just all around nice people.  Extra points if he's a physical therapist.  Bc I mean, what triathlete doesn't like some free pt here and there...right?  So, if you happen to know any single guys that fit the bill, feel free to send 'em my way

2009-04-20 12:06 PM

User image

Master
Houston
I just can't believe they cancelled cause of the 'wind', sounds to me like a lifeguard wanted the day off!

Well that stinks about the support issues! I'm with Kelli you should try to talk about what you expect the next few months to be like training wise if you haven't already... When I have to do a lot of working (not working out) Betsy doesn't like it unless I tell her how much longer that day and how many days I expect it to go on for.  Even then she's not happy per se but she's better than being disappointed every day if I have to work later if that makes sense...

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-04-20 9:12 AM

Happy Monday Y'all!
2009-04-20 12:12 PM
in reply to: #2097334

User image

Master
Houston
LOL I love it

Does he have to be faster than you? After Timberman you might put most guys to shame and they'll be intimated by you, then you'll be an Intimidator like your sister!

KelliD - 2009-04-20 11:57 AM

This is part of the reason why I've decided that I would like a triathlete boyfriend.  I suppose he could be a runner that also liked to cycle.  At least in my fantasy world....he'd already "get it", I'd have a training buddy, he'd be hot, I'd have my very own pace booty and triathletes are just all around nice people.  Extra points if he's a physical therapist.  Bc I mean, what triathlete doesn't like some free pt here and there...right?  So, if you happen to know any single guys that fit the bill, feel free to send 'em my way
2009-04-20 12:29 PM
in reply to: #2097374

User image

Master
New York, NY
evondo - 2009-04-20 1:12 PM LOL I love it

Does he have to be faster than you? After Timberman you might put most guys to shame and they'll be intimated by you, then you'll be an Intimidator like your sister!

It would be nice if he's faster than me, bc that will help me to get faster   But definitley not a pre-requisite.  I'm hoping that they'll be impressed by my super speed...but if it scares them off, then clearly we weren't meant to be bc I only plan to get stronger & faster.
2009-04-20 12:45 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Justin, sorry to hear that life got in the way a bit again this morning.  While I don't have anything helpful to add above what Kelli has already said, I did want to throw out there that I can certainly relate.  It's hard to communicate how important training and racing is to someone who isn't doing it themselves.  And it's hard not to be bitter when the person you love is also the person who you are constantly compromising your training for.  If you find out the magic formula, please let me know... but until then just try to keep communicating about what kind of commitment your HIM and IM are going to be on your time this season.

And Sis, fingers crossed you find that dream boy!  I would ad to the list financially successful and likes to travel, just so that he can keep up with you.   Ooh, not to mention looks good in a swimmy suit...

Oookay, better stop before husband gets potentially jealous.  Hehehe
2009-04-20 12:46 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
On another note- somebody talk to me about what I'm supposed to be doing this week?

I race on Sunday.  I'm assuming that I want to decrese my training volume so that I'm somewhat rested, yes?

I would really rather not spend another week being lazy, as that's what I've done for the past two...

2009-04-20 1:00 PM
in reply to: #2096850

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
KelliD - 2009-04-20 9:43 AM On tap for tonight is a 7.5 mile run.  It's mid to high 40's and raining.  Should I (a) put on my galoshes, join the group and brave the elements or (b) spend a dreadful, but dry, hour+ on the treadmill?????

I am mentally sending you some of this Texas sunshine. It will be low 80s today and only getting better the rest of the week.
2009-04-20 1:04 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Do you ride in the bedroom? Or is it just you getting up and fumbling around that awakens her. But over all I say you make a well choosen sacrafic. Cause if mamma aint happy...

Happy Monday Y'all!
2009-04-20 1:06 PM
in reply to: #2097511

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Nicole83 - 2009-04-20 12:46 PM On another note- somebody talk to me about what I'm supposed to be doing this week?

I race on Sunday.  I'm assuming that I want to decrese my training volume so that I'm somewhat rested, yes?

I would really rather not spend another week being lazy, as that's what I've done for the past two...

I have no info about physical activity but I say start visualizing your success. Build confidence. You have been training for a long time and a little time of missed training like last week isnt going to kill you. Feed you body right. You got this!!!
2009-04-20 1:09 PM
in reply to: #2097374

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Once the race is done we can sort by age group and times and start to narrow down our choices. Then we can send them an application and review them for possible matches.
We can be Chuck Woolery 

evondo - 2009-04-20 12:12 PM LOL I love it

2009-04-20 1:11 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
LMAO- nice Todd!  Haha.

2009-04-20 1:44 PM
in reply to: #2097551

User image

Master
New York, NY
Newtons1st - 2009-04-20 2:00 PM

I am mentally sending you some of this Texas sunshine. It will be low 80s today and only getting better the rest of the week.

Thanks!!

Oooo....I have total warm weather envy  
2009-04-20 1:45 PM
in reply to: #2097580

User image

Master
New York, NY
Newtons1st - 2009-04-20 2:09 PM Once the race is done we can sort by age group and times and start to narrow down our choices. Then we can send them an application and review them for possible matches.
We can be Chuck Woolery 

evondo - 2009-04-20 12:12 PM LOL I love it

Hmmm....I think you could be on to something here
2009-04-21 7:29 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I totally had a triathlon dream last night.  I was stuck in T1 and no matter what I did, could NOT get my wetsuit off.

It was bad enough that I'm actually half hoping that the race isn't wetsuit legal as I don't want to have to wear one.  Hehe.  Water temp is holding pretty steady at 77 and we have 4 HOT days with no rain ahead of us... I'm not sure that a wetsuit is going to be an option anyway.

Happy Tuesday everyone...
2009-04-21 8:11 AM
in reply to: #2099204

User image

Master
Houston
Did you have a good swim?

Even if the race is wetsuit legal you don't have to wear a wetsuit... I normally don't wear one unless the water is <75.

Nicole83 - 2009-04-21 7:29 AM I totally had a triathlon dream last night.  I was stuck in T1 and no matter what I did, could NOT get my wetsuit off.

It was bad enough that I'm actually half hoping that the race isn't wetsuit legal as I don't want to have to wear one.  Hehe.  Water temp is holding pretty steady at 77 and we have 4 HOT days with no rain ahead of us... I'm not sure that a wetsuit is going to be an option anyway.

2009-04-21 9:10 AM
in reply to: #2099204

User image

Master
New York, NY
Nicole83 - 2009-04-21 8:29 AM I totally had a triathlon dream last night.  I was stuck in T1 and no matter what I did, could NOT get my wetsuit off.

77 is pretty warm!!  I think I'd probably skip the wetsuit. 

I'm so excited for everyone racing this weekend!!  I have a serious case of race envy!

2009-04-21 9:31 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
In my dream I did have a great swim.  In and out in 22:22, I remember that specifically.  Lol.

2009-04-21 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2099485

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
KelliD - 2009-04-21 9:10 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-04-21 8:29 AM I totally had a triathlon dream last night.  I was stuck in T1 and no matter what I did, could NOT get my wetsuit off.

I'm so excited for everyone racing this weekend!!  I have a serious case of race envy!

At least you are running this weekend. I have the live through everyone else. Looking forward to recaps.
2009-04-21 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2099611

User image

Master
Houston
Me too, I'm jealous of all the races... we'd better get race updates ASAP! Makes me want to start adding some 5ks to my short term schedule!

Newtons1st - 2009-04-21 9:45 AM
KelliD - 2009-04-21 9:10 AM

At least you are running this weekend. I have the live through everyone else. Looking forward to recaps.
2009-04-21 9:54 AM
in reply to: #2097565

User image

LMAO... life is timing!  And that is another great (unintentional) zinger by Todd. 

First off, thanks to everyone for their kind words.  I have talked with her in great length, explained in great detail my expectations for the upcoming races.  Most of the time she has been very understanding and supportive.  But there are ebbs and flows... I can appreciate that.  However, I need consistency and therefore she HAS to be okay with my consistency.  I HAVE to get up each morning, becuase 3 days a week I cannot train any other time.  Unfortunately, there may come a time - very soon, where I just do it ~ regardless of how she feels or what she says... As y'all know...I MUST do this in order to have a healthy, fun and rewarding race.

I will continue to share my intentions, my expectations, etc... but eventually, it may just come down to me just doing it and fading the heat later...  I don't mean to sound calous or chauvanistic either.... that is NOT who I am at all!  Just frustrated.   Thanks again gang!

Back to Todd's question... no the bike would be in the living room, but the living room isn't far from our bedroom.  She would hear it regardless of where it is in the house... and the sheer fact that the alarm went off and woke her up... the damage is already done.  I can go back to sleep - anytime, anywhere... her ~ act of congress!

Newtons1st - 2009-04-20 1:04 PM Do you ride in the bedroom? Or is it just you getting up and fumbling around that awakens her. But over all I say you make a well choosen sacrafic. Cause if mamma aint happy...

Happy Monday Y'all!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137