BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-05-16 7:08 PM
in reply to: #1408050

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-05-16 6:50 PM

crea0029 - 2008-05-16 4:02 PM Hi Julie... how are you today!? I notice you are online! Any plans this weekend!?

Hi Pam...no not really...got to clean, cuz my dad is coming to stay a few days with us next week....so, trying to get ready for him....plus I can barely move now....it is sooooooo durn hot here and our house does not have air conditioning...it says it is 86 degrees inside...and that is cooking for me! I am used to the outside weather being in the mid 70's not upper 90's....what about you? I saw that you said you are packing...are you heading home? or did you find a job?

Hi... the heat really stinks.  I'm okay... starting to get really sad/upset about graduating.  I am more so going through a bunch of the boxes I never unpacked to see what is in them that I haven't needed in a bunch of weeks.  I haven't found a job... but I really don't want to go home.  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot

2008-05-16 7:13 PM
in reply to: #1408071

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
crea0029 - 2008-05-16 5:08 PM

crea0029 - 2008-05-16 4:02 PM Hi Julie... how are you today!? I notice you are online! Any plans this weekend!?

Hi Pam...no not really...got to clean, cuz my dad is coming to stay a few days with us next week....so, trying to get ready for him....plus I can barely move now....it is sooooooo durn hot here and our house does not have air conditioning...it says it is 86 degrees inside...and that is cooking for me! I am used to the outside weather being in the mid 70's not upper 90's....what about you? I saw that you said you are packing...are you heading home? or did you find a job?

Hi... the heat really stinks.  I'm okay... starting to get really sad/upset about graduating.  I am more so going through a bunch of the boxes I never unpacked to see what is in them that I haven't needed in a bunch of weeks.  I haven't found a job... but I really don't want to go home.  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot

keep looking if you really want to stay...and realize that it may not be your dream job, but you can find that after you are there...and plus have more time to look! whip up on any job that will keep the bills paid and then find that dream one....even if you have to waitress for a short time!

2008-05-16 7:30 PM
in reply to: #1408081

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-05-16 7:13 PM

Hi... the heat really stinks. I'm okay... starting to get really sad/upset about graduating. I am more so going through a bunch of the boxes I never unpacked to see what is in them that I haven't needed in a bunch of weeks. I haven't found a job... but I really don't want to go home. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot

keep looking if you really want to stay...and realize that it may not be your dream job, but you can find that after you are there...and plus have more time to look! whip up on any job that will keep the bills paid and then find that dream one....even if you have to waitress for a short time!

Yeah... that is what i figure.  I think I will go home for a week or so to just have some down time and then I will come back after Memorial Day weekend.  I will hopefully have a job lined up by then and be all good.  I know I just need to find something to pay the bills right now.   I am just so terrified by how my mom will handle the situation.  I love her to death but the guilt from her will eat at me. 

2008-05-16 7:38 PM
in reply to: #1408108

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
crea0029 - 2008-05-16 5:30 PM

Hi... the heat really stinks. I'm okay... starting to get really sad/upset about graduating. I am more so going through a bunch of the boxes I never unpacked to see what is in them that I haven't needed in a bunch of weeks. I haven't found a job... but I really don't want to go home. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot

Yeah... that is what i figure.  I think I will go home for a week or so to just have some down time and then I will come back after Memorial Day weekend.  I will hopefully have a job lined up by then and be all good.  I know I just need to find something to pay the bills right now.   I am just so terrified by how my mom will handle the situation.  I love her to death but the guilt from her will eat at me. 

you can not live your life for your mom....and this is a mom speaking! you have to do what makes you happy....otherwise you will both be unhappy! take some time at home...and break it to her softly...she will come around!

2008-05-16 7:42 PM
in reply to: #1408116

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-05-16 7:38 PM

Yeah... that is what i figure. I think I will go home for a week or so to just have some down time and then I will come back after Memorial Day weekend. I will hopefully have a job lined up by then and be all good. I know I just need to find something to pay the bills right now. I am just so terrified by how my mom will handle the situation. I love her to death but the guilt from her will eat at me.

you can not live your life for your mom....and this is a mom speaking! you have to do what makes you happy....otherwise you will both be unhappy! take some time at home...and break it to her softly...she will come around!

I sure hope so... the past has broken her heart a few times and I am trying not to do that.  Thanks for all the advice Julie... it is wonderful to have another set of tri-parents here who keep an eye on me  

2008-05-16 8:07 PM
in reply to: #1408119

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
crea0029 - 2008-05-16 5:42 PM

Yeah... that is what i figure. I think I will go home for a week or so to just have some down time and then I will come back after Memorial Day weekend. I will hopefully have a job lined up by then and be all good. I know I just need to find something to pay the bills right now. I am just so terrified by how my mom will handle the situation. I love her to death but the guilt from her will eat at me.

you can not live your life for your mom....and this is a mom speaking! you have to do what makes you happy....otherwise you will both be unhappy! take some time at home...and break it to her softly...she will come around!

I sure hope so... the past has broken her heart a few times and I am trying not to do that.  Thanks for all the advice Julie... it is wonderful to have another set of tri-parents here who keep an eye on me  

any time girl! just remember that if you are not happy...your mom is not going to like seeing you that way...and will inturn be unhappy! so, go home and when you are having a nice time...break it to her gently...just tell her that you will still be driving time away, but you really want to be back there....that you will visit all the time and that they can come and visit you any time...(well almost anytime) hehe....mom will just think how lovely it is that Pam has grown up! you can do it!!

2008-05-16 8:25 PM
in reply to: #1408143

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-05-16 8:07 PM
crea0029 - 2008-05-16 5:42 PM

I sure hope so... the past has broken her heart a few times and I am trying not to do that. Thanks for all the advice Julie... it is wonderful to have another set of tri-parents here who keep an eye on me

any time girl! just remember that if you are not happy...your mom is not going to like seeing you that way...and will inturn be unhappy! so, go home and when you are having a nice time...break it to her gently...just tell her that you will still be driving time away, but you really want to be back there....that you will visit all the time and that they can come and visit you any time...(well almost anytime) hehe....mom will just think how lovely it is that Pam has grown up! you can do it!!

Without going into too much detail, I can tell you that Stephanie now harbors a lot of angry feelings toward her parents because she couldn't break away from them. Now, when she needs them most, she doesn't care if she never sees them again. You don't want that. Your parents have raised you to be a responsible, productive adult. Now's your chance!! Their job as "parents" is over. They are still your mom and dad and very able to give advice. But, you are a grown woman. Your relationship with them needs to change from being a parent/child relationship to being an adult/adult relationship. Love them and respect them with all your heart. And, it is time for you to spread your wings and fly. It may/will be a painful process. But it is the right thing for you and them. 

All my best,

Greg 

2008-05-16 9:43 PM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Thanks Greg... it is a painful process but one I know that needs to happen.  I  want to find a special someone and settle down in a few years... get married... have kids that I can turn into tri babies   But yeah... I can't do that if I am not able to be grown up.  Past circumstances have affected the future and that is what is making this hard for everyone.  I love my mom to death but we are both stubborn!!    Well I am off to bed because I have two tests tomorrow and Mom and Dad show up for Graduation on Sunday... wow... this is all happening so fast!  Have a good night everyone!
2008-05-16 9:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - It is time to fly... The only thing you owe your parents is Love and Respect, it is their job to raise you, like Greg said, as a productive, secure, ambitious, strong adult. Don't limit yourself, please. It is time to fly, go girl, it will all work out.
It is sad leaving one experience, but it is thrilling going to the next, spread your wings now and go on an adventure.
My daughter is 21 and will be graduating from college in 1.5 years...I will give her this same advice, and it will be wonderful to she her spread her wings and live life... 20 years down the road you don't want to look back and say I shoulda, woulda, coulda...

How is everyone else doing here???????

amy IN
2008-05-17 6:36 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Pam, hope your last two tests went well and good luck with graduation tomorrow.  Graduation is a tough time for you and your parents, but you will all get thru it.  I lived on a couch in the rescue squad bldg for 3 mos while I worked for them.  It paid the bills until I figured out what I wanted to do and got a full-time grown up job.  I have to agree with all the other advice.  Make yourself happy first and your family will be happy for you.  Of course, your mom would love to have you nearby.  BUT if you are miserable there, it would make her miserable (and feeling guilty).

Time to get that birdy tail out of the nest....Heck, if you can do this (tris), you can surely make it in the real world. 

2008-05-17 6:36 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Pam, hope your last two tests went well and good luck with graduation tomorrow.  Graduation is a tough time for you and your parents, but you will all get thru it.  I lived on a couch in the rescue squad bldg for 3 mos while I worked for them.  It paid the bills until I figured out what I wanted to do and got a full-time grown up job.  I have to agree with all the other advice.  Make yourself happy first and your family will be happy for you.  Of course, your mom would love to have you nearby.  BUT if you are miserable there, it would make her miserable (and feeling guilty).

Time to get that birdy tail out of the nest....Heck, if you can do this (tris), you can surely make it in the real world. 

2008-05-17 6:38 PM
in reply to: #1408747

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Ooh! Eric had a double post!

(Maybe he had a secret desire to do some post count padding?)

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Edited by D001 2008-05-17 6:38 PM
2008-05-17 6:38 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Race#2 for the month of May done. By the end of the month, I'll have done a HIM, a sprint, and the toughest Olympic in my area.  Not a bad month!!!

1:13:50 for 300yd pool swim, 12.3 bike, and 3.1 run.  Very hilly course and even tougher because I hadn't pre-ridden it.  It was hard to know what was next so I didn't push 100%.  Took 3rd place in Clydesdales.  My bike training partner took 1st Clyde and 2 other club members took 1/3 Athenas.  My wife Karen finished her 2nd race today and did great.  She hung in there on a tough course.  She's a little disillusioned by her finishing time/place, but I'm proud of her!

Edited by medic0020 2008-05-17 6:39 PM
2008-05-18 7:33 AM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Congrats Eric... very nice job!! 

Well everyone... this is what I have worked hard for the past four years... today I graduate.  The tests are all done... just waiting on grades.  You should see my hands shake from excitement and nervousness.... I am more nervous than I was my first triathlon!!   Have a wonderful day everyone!!  I love my mentor group!!  And thanks for all the support this past six months!

2008-05-18 7:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - congratulations on graduation, it is a very special time, enjoy it. But remember this is only 1 or many to come in your life.

Eric - awesome olympic, so you felt better this time. Good for you, you are a great inspiration to all of us, thanks for always encouraging me. I'm looking forward to my first olympic distance in sept. Tell your wife, great job too!!!! I'm sure it's nice to train and compete together.

Dee - thanks for stopping by to visit me, much apprecitated. I hope your weekend is going well.

Amy IN
2008-05-18 1:28 PM
in reply to: #1408231

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

crea0029 - 2008-05-16 7:43 PM Thanks Greg... it is a painful process but one I know that needs to happen.  I  want to find a special someone and settle down in a few years... get married... have kids that I can turn into tri babies   But yeah... I can't do that if I am not able to be grown up.  Past circumstances have affected the future and that is what is making this hard for everyone.  I love my mom to death but we are both stubborn!!    Well I am off to bed because I have two tests tomorrow and Mom and Dad show up for Graduation on Sunday... wow... this is all happening so fast!  Have a good night everyone!

on your graduation....TODAY!!!! have a fun weekend and hope you can get your mom to understand how you feel!

2008-05-18 1:43 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Hey there guys....I had a rough day on the bike yesterday....decided to flip over my handle bars and slam into the pavement! i am ok, but REALLY sore today...but is that going to stop me...HECK NO! I have the DH getting our bikes ready for another ride...this one will be more of a fun ride and not going to head for the mountains today...stay in the flats and may even take a picnic. I wrote all about my stupid...ROOKIE move on my blog...and so, you will have to go there if you want to see why I decided to pass myself up!! I will give you one hint...stay away from those stupid silver storm grates...they can grab your tire and make you fly for a second! or less!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

Pam - Congrats on your GRADUATION

Emerson...hope you are having the time of your life on vacation! Tell Peg Hi!

Greg...How you doing? I hope that you are taking time for yourself...although I know how precious your time is with Stef. Give her a hug/kiss from me.

Amy Ind...you should be a counselor...you always have the most amazingly sound advice...and poetically written! you go girl!

Amy SD...I know that you mentioned to me about taking a break for some time...good for you! we all need those. Just do not be a stranger around here. You can still tell us what the kids Cavin and Izzy are doing or if your legs are staying shapely even without the challenges...and also, I can let you know when I sign up for my next SD tri, who knows you may want to sign up with me by then!!!

Eric...congrats on your race...is your race report up yet?

Dee...we are sooooooo glad to see that you are having more time for yourself...really more for us?!!? you always...I MEAN ALWAYS bring a big smile to my face. Your humor is...well humorous! I love your wit and look forward to lots more smiles these coming months! YAY

Mike....WHERE ARE YOU? usually after a few inspires, you will respond....I hope everything is ok...and you are just furiously working out with no time to log! that's it, right???

2008-05-18 3:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Julie, Julie, Julie...you scared me while reading your blog, you could have been hurt severly.
Way to be a tough girl and ride back home 10+, geeeee. I'm so glad your ok girl!!!! I bet your a bit stiff today. Remember; drain grate vs. bike...rider looses...

Dee - love the glitter, it always spices up the day. How is work going for you?

Pam - let us all know what your going to do with your life, it's exciting to know you have so many options ahead of you.

Eric - So I'm doing my first OLY in Sept., what advice do you have for me? Anything will be helpful, like in training or the race???

I don't really say a lot about myself, but I do want everyone to know that I think I have hunted down my fear of drowning and beat it into submission. I had a calm and confidence building swim in the lake the tri team swims in, I didn't have a panick attack!!!!! That is the first time in a year that I haven't had a problem on my training swims...wow if felt good. I have now signed up for 4 tri's that I had been holding off on because of my fear. So that is enough on that, I just wanted to share an accomplishment I had with my fellow BT'ers.

I know Mike from our group had hurt his hammy or knee so his training was on hold, hope he bounces back soon.

Amy-take care of yourself and family, the time is precious...

Emerson- wow we really miss you here, it's not the same without your wisdom.
2008-05-18 7:34 PM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

Amy, way to go on overcoming the fear and having a great swim!!

Pam <start sparkly stuff and cool graphics here> CONTRATULATIONS!!<end sparkly stuff and cool graphics here> (sorry that's the best I can do for bling bling - but am truely happy for you. Now take on the world.

Julie, we obviously forgot to tell you to keep the rubber side down. Our bad. sorry about that. ;-) Glad you are relatively OK.

Overall a good weekend. 2 of my kids had excellent swim meets. My 3rd ended up having strep so not a good day for him. He felt like crap and swam anyway. I'm more proud of him than my daugther knocking 5 seconds off her 25 yd butterfly time. canceled our trip to Lake Charles, LA so Spencer could stay home. 6 hrs in the car plus 5 hrs with grandpa would've been a tough day for the little man. Stef got a new prescription of pain meds on Friday so she's been happy too. Spent the rest of Saturday with friends and today catching up. Off to MDACC tomorrow to figure out next chemo. Makes you survivors miss your docs, I'm sure. ;-)

2008-05-18 9:28 PM
in reply to: #1409683

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Hello Everyone -- Just got back...

Had a fun week in Ireland.  This is a shot from the Mountains looking back at the Killarney National Park.  I drove all these mountain roads on the left side....

I met some fun Irish runners and well -- they kicked my butt in terms of speed!!!  But, they took me down wonderful trails through the park with amazing views.  This is a hill between the park and where our hotel was.  I took Peg the 2K to a good view spot so she could enjoy what I saw when I ran...

It is 10:30 PM  Eastern Standard Time or 3:30 AM Irish time so I am dead and going to bed.  I will read the posts of the last week tomorrow and post my runs in Ireland.  I did not have a bike or get in a pool while there...

I look forward to catching up... Emerson

2008-05-19 2:57 PM
in reply to: #1409844

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-05-18 7:28 PM

Hello Everyone -- Just got back...

Had a fun week in Ireland.  This is a shot from the Mountains looking back at the Killarney National Park.  I drove all these mountain roads on the left side....

I met some fun Irish runners and well -- they kicked my butt in terms of speed!!!  But, they took me down wonderful trails through the park with amazing views.  This is a hill between the park and where our hotel was.  I took Peg the 2K to a good view spot so she could enjoy what I saw when I ran...

It is 10:30 PM  Eastern Standard Time or 3:30 AM Irish time so I am dead and going to bed.  I will read the posts of the last week tomorrow and post my runs in Ireland.  I did not have a bike or get in a pool while there...

I look forward to catching up... Emerson

wow that looks lovely! glad that you got Peg out there to see the beauty! have a great trip...we all miss you back here, but know you are having a fabulous time! carry on! and keep taking pics!!!

2008-05-19 3:00 PM
in reply to: #1409369

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-05-18 1:07 PM Julie, Julie, Julie...you scared me while reading your blog, you could have been hurt severly. Way to be a tough girl and ride back home 10+, geeeee. I'm so glad your ok girl!!!! I bet your a bit stiff today. Remember; drain grate vs. bike...rider looses... Dee - love the glitter, it always spices up the day. How is work going for you? Pam - let us all know what your going to do with your life, it's exciting to know you have so many options ahead of you. Eric - So I'm doing my first OLY in Sept., what advice do you have for me? Anything will be helpful, like in training or the race??? I don't really say a lot about myself, but I do want everyone to know that I think I have hunted down my fear of drowning and beat it into submission. I had a calm and confidence building swim in the lake the tri team swims in, I didn't have a panick attack!!!!! That is the first time in a year that I haven't had a problem on my training swims...wow if felt good. I have now signed up for 4 tri's that I had been holding off on because of my fear. So that is enough on that, I just wanted to share an accomplishment I had with my fellow BT'ers. I know Mike from our group had hurt his hammy or knee so his training was on hold, hope he bounces back soon. Amy-take care of yourself and family, the time is precious... Emerson- wow we really miss you here, it's not the same without your wisdom.

yes a bit stiff...well...A LOT STIFF! but would be stiffer had I not gotten back on my bike and rode it yesterday the 20 miles I did...rode in the hills, too....I have a bruise the size of a canteloupe and the color of the upcoming fourth of July...red/white/blue! mostly blue!

hope everyone is doing good...at work..will catch up with you when I get home! have as good a Monday as possible!

2008-05-19 6:00 PM
in reply to: #1411654

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Julie - Glad you are OK! You're only supposed to post pictures of people flying off bikes, you're not actually supposed to fly off the bike yourself!

Emerson - Beautiful pictures!

Greg - Congratulations on your kids' swimming! Sounds like two of them had a great day, at least. Glad to hear that Stef's new meds are working well.

AmyM - Wow! That's GREAT that you were able to do that OWS with no problem! That's a tremendous breakthrough. Good for you for signing up for those tris!

Pam - Congratulations on your graduation!

OK, I think I'm all caught up now.

2008-05-19 6:14 PM
in reply to: #1412120

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

D001 - 2008-05-19 4:00 PM Julie - Glad you are OK! You're only supposed to post pictures of people flying off bikes, you're not actually supposed to fly off the bike yourself! Emerson - Beautiful pictures! Greg - Congratulations on your kids' swimming! Sounds like two of them had a great day, at least. Glad to hear that Stef's new meds are working well. AmyM - Wow! That's GREAT that you were able to do that OWS with no problem! That's a tremendous breakthrough. Good for you for signing up for those tris! Pam - Congratulations on your graduation! OK, I think I'm all caught up now.

love the cartoon...too funny!

I know, I know Dee...I need to not pass myself up when riding! I hate it when that happens..especially when you smack into a grate and pavement!

and to add to your summary....x2 for Amy, Greg and Pam....

and Eric, way to get a 3rd in your tri this past weekend! even with legs of lead!

and Dee...we are sooooooooooooooooooooo very happy that you finally hired someone....now the big question is...did they accept!? glad to have you BAAAACK!

2008-05-19 6:15 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Dee can you start a new thread for our mentor group...this one is getting to be quite a fatty!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73