BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tripletmom01 mentor group - FULL!!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 47

2008-12-26 7:17 PM
in reply to: #1872850

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
Subject: RE: tripletmom01 mentor group - FULL!!!!!
TracyV - 2008-12-26 4:55 PM

I ate so much yesterday the scale said I was 3 pounds heavier today. That is not good. Not good at all. We are leaving for vacation on Wed. I hope this is water weight!!!Embarassed

I did run today and got some yoga for the core in. Tomorrow I will swim. Sunday I will bike. Monday I will do run and strength train. Tuesday I will swim.

Then I am off for 10 days.  I am hoping the time off will help my hip, which has really been bothering me. I know I strained it. The best thing for it would be to not exercise on it for at least a week, ice and alieve. Last year I sprained my ankle and went through most of the season on a bad ankle. I am hoping I can get the hip healed. I don't want to be dealing with another nagging injury.

LOL- I saw a girl at the Y tonight get on the scale- then she got off tooke her pants and sweatshirt off and got back on...too funny.  Youre weight will be fine by Monday.  Tis the season baby

2008-12-26 9:31 PM
in reply to: #1857658

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI
It is truly shocking to see that you could gain 3 pounds in one day! LOL! Everything still fits the same!
2008-12-27 9:32 AM

User image

McFarland, WI

I don't dare get on the scale!

- NEWS ALERT -

After my short 3 miler today, I found out frosted christmas sugar cookies do not an Ironman make!  I know this is a shock.  It was to me.  Please pass the word on to all your tri friends.

2008-12-27 10:19 AM
in reply to: #1873363

User image

Veteran
New Lenox, IL
pjdgreen - 2008-12-27 9:32 AM

I don't dare get on the scale!

- NEWS ALERT -

After my short 3 miler today, I found out frosted christmas sugar cookies do not an Ironman make!  I know this is a shock.  It was to me.  Please pass the word on to all your tri friends.

Oh great! There goes my nutrition plans.
2008-12-27 12:21 PM

User image

Veteran

I've got the plague! Antibiotics in progress and the XC race on Sunday is off for meFrown (apart from anything else, everything echos and I've lost my sense of balance!)

I'll try and behave and get back to form ASAP!

Enjoy the rest of the hols!

K

PS - bummer about the frosted snacks!Wink

2008-12-27 12:28 PM

User image

McFarland, WI

I haven't been on a scale since IM WI.  I know I've gained a few pounds though.  My shirt today on my run looked a little more like Louis Armor than UnderArmor.

Speaking of nutrition, I'm planning on working Payday bars into my bike nutrition.  Really, I'm not joking.  They're fairly well balanced nutritionally, and can easily be cut into 100 cal chunks.  With the nutty outside, they probably won't get gooey in the bento box.  I'll let you know how it works.  I try to eat "real food" at the top of the hour, with a gel at the bottom of the hour.  Combined with my sports drink, I'm pretty close to 300 cals/hour.  This year I used the little Ritz cracker/peanut butter sandwiches.  They worked pretty well, but they're a little dry.   

2008-12-27 1:47 PM
in reply to: #1873508

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
keefmac - 2008-12-27 12:21 PM

I've got the plague! Antibiotics in progress and the XC race on Sunday is off for meFrown (apart from anything else, everything echos and I've lost my sense of balance!)

I'll try and behave and get back to form ASAP!

Enjoy the rest of the hols!

K

hope you feel better!!!

PS - bummer about the frosted snacks!Wink

hope you feel better!

Edited by tripletmom01 2008-12-27 1:47 PM
2008-12-27 1:49 PM
in reply to: #1873512

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
tribadger - 2008-12-27 12:28 PM

I haven't been on a scale since IM WI.  I know I've gained a few pounds though.  My shirt today on my run looked a little more like Louis Armor than UnderArmor.

Speaking of nutrition, I'm planning on working Payday bars into my bike nutrition.  Really, I'm not joking.  They're fairly well balanced nutritionally, and can easily be cut into 100 cal chunks.  With the nutty outside, they probably won't get gooey in the bento box.  I'll let you know how it works.  I try to eat "real food" at the top of the hour, with a gel at the bottom of the hour.  Combined with my sports drink, I'm pretty close to 300 cals/hour.  This year I used the little Ritz cracker/peanut butter sandwiches.  They worked pretty well, but they're a little dry.   

I love payday bars

THey actually make a payday pro...for us athletes.   Pretty much the same thing only they have little reeces pieces in them and one kind maybe had raisins too or something.
I really like the CLif Mojo bars... and combos on my long ride...used that for IM too.

2008-12-27 2:51 PM

User image

Regular
Northern Adirondacks
tribadger - 2008-12-27 1:28 PM

Payday was actually reviewed as an energy source by one of the mtb magazines and they came out on top. My DH uses them all the time.

Edited by mtntrainer 2008-12-27 2:51 PM
2008-12-27 2:55 PM

User image

Veteran

I can't remember who it was, but someone was talking/asking about Heart Rate levels and I was reading this yesterday. I've set up a spreadsheet to do the sums for me on the Karvonen (?) formula from the text - it's attached if it's any use...

Just plug in your own Max and Min rate and it should work out all the ranges for you (I think!)

Keef

Edited by keefmac 2008-12-27 2:56 PM

Attachments
----------------
HR.xls (14KB - 20 downloads)
2008-12-27 4:32 PM

User image

Veteran
New Lenox, IL
Ok this is embarassing, Tammy I couldn't run the 20-30 minutes to figure out my LT. I may try again on Tuesday when I'm better rested. Tuesday I'll be hitting the training hard as I figure I'm not in bad shape I'm in terrible shape, although round is a shape.

I did the official weight this morning and it was 262.2 lbs. 36.6 BMI it is down two pounds from a week ago though. This mentor thing is supposed to last three months right? That should be 24 lbs for me so that's my goal for this thing 24 lbs lost and able to run for a full 30 minutes. Don't care about speed just be able to run it.

I suppose it could be worse, I could have the plague.

George.

2008-12-27 5:19 PM
in reply to: #1873730

User image

Master
West Bend, WI

Buddaha1964 - 2008-12-27 4:32 PM Ok this is embarassing, Tammy I couldn't run the 20-30 minutes to figure out my LT. I may try again on Tuesday when I'm better rested. Tuesday I'll be hitting the training hard as I figure I'm not in bad shape I'm in terrible shape, although round is a shape. I did the official weight this morning and it was 262.2 lbs. 36.6 BMI it is down two pounds from a week ago though. This mentor thing is supposed to last three months right? That should be 24 lbs for me so that's my goal for this thing 24 lbs lost and able to run for a full 30 minutes. Don't care about speed just be able to run it. I suppose it could be worse, I could have the plague. George.

Well thats OK- How long can you run?? Try it with 10-15 minutes...we can still get a good range.

And we can longer then 3 months if you guys want..Im here

Yes..no plague is good

2008-12-27 6:20 PM

Veteran
tribadger - 2008-12-27 12:28 PM

I just about spit mountain dew all over hubby's work computer with that one. LOUIS ARMOR

Well, my sausage casing is getting tighter. Thank heavens I start my training plan for my half-iron on monday.
2008-12-27 6:25 PM

Veteran
I officially start my training program on monday, but I think I might get a bit of a jump on it tomorrow and hit the road. 20 minute jog/walk at RPE 2

2008-12-28 6:03 AM

User image

Veteran

Thanks to Tammy for the offer of Chicken Soup  - the funnies about plague just aren't(!) - I'm genuinely ill (i.e. not man flu) I know this because my lovely better half and the kids have it too! SNOT FEST!!!!Wink

Anyway... the in-laws are here, so the kids are being off-loaded and the TV's great at this time of yearUndecided....

2008-12-28 7:17 AM

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
SO George...what are you doing for weightloss- besides the exercise?  Imean- how are you changing your eating habits? Just trying to help.

2008-12-28 9:34 AM
in reply to: #1874253

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX

THANK YOU TAMMY!!!  She has allowed me to join in

Marcelo:

Teacher/Coach; 20 yrs married Dec 18th; teenage son(cancer survivor);  Have all ways tried to stay active....have completed 3 marys prior to 2000.  I do not handle the high end mileage well( wish I could but body tells me otherwise).  Have done a few sprints(300/15/5k)...have not felt real comfortable as far as racing in any of them.  Weak link is the  swim, strongest at running.

Current Training:  Base work 101.  Since 2008 came and went(broken collar bone, February), trying to work up to 7 workout sessions.  Just now getting comfortable in the water again.  I am a bit 'skiddish on the bike after the collar bone incident...Presently doing am spin and swim.  Will work on trying to work in three run sessions.  

My training goes as my coaching goes...in other words, my in-season sport is my off season.  However, I am trying to break that up to be more race ready.  Overall, I am enjoying the tri training as I get to know more people.  

2009:  I have a couple of duathlons scheduled.  Then a May sprint.  I am trying to get the courage to jump into open water stuff, but no go.....THE SWIM MONSTER!!!!!!   If I can safely  get my mileage up, Dec 'Mary.  For the most part, just love the training and coaching. 

Thanks for letting me in Mrs. Tammy

2008-12-28 9:55 AM
in reply to: #1874253

User image

Veteran
New Lenox, IL
tripletmom01 - 2008-12-28 7:17 AM

SO George...what are you doing for weightloss- besides the exercise?  Imean- how are you changing your eating habits? Just trying to help.

Right now not much of anything, I'm trying not to take in too much of the holiday cheer. After the anniversary I'll get back on the horse completely.

Breakfast a bowl of either frosted mini wheats or lower sugar instant oatmeal.

Lunch will be either a heafty salad with reduced calorie dressing or a sandwich on whole wheat.

Dinner I'll have to be extra carefull about how much I eat, this is my toughest meal. As far as snacks go I love those 100 calorie packs for portion control. My goal is to keep it at 2500 cals. a day and increase the exercise to at least 500 cals. a day. On Tuesday I'll be restarting my food diary, I'm afraid to see what I'm eating right now.

I am open to recommendations/examples of what other people are doing for nutrition.

BTW my name on the board isn't Buddaha (Supposed to be Buddha but I misspelled it the first day) for nothing. Think Homer Simpson.

George.
2008-12-28 12:33 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI

Hey George!

I have struggled with my weight for years. I would recommend drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day. It helps flush the fat out of your system. It really, really helps. Also, if I am hungry I always drink water first to see if it is hunger or thrist. Usually, it is thrist. When I am in weight loss mode I also eat an apple before my meals about 20-30 minutes prior. Apples have a lot of fiber and they fill you up so when you eat you are more quickly satiated. Supper as they call it here in the midwest or dinner is my worst meal. I tend to over eat at night. Why??? I have no clue. When I watch my late night portions I am more successful in taking off the weight. 

Just a few things I do to help me take the pounds off. I also only eat 1500 calories a day. I am women though. The nutrition logger on BT is excellent way to track what you are eating. I aim for 50% of calories to be from carbs, 25% from protein and 25% from fat. I rarely hit it on the nail, but I try to limit my carbs. 

Welcome to the group Marcelo. Tammy rocks! She runs fast too! Am I jealous? Of course not!Laughing

Edited by TracyV 2008-12-28 12:34 PM
2008-12-28 12:58 PM

User image

Master
West Bend, WI

Luckily I dont h ave to deal much with weight loss but after I had the triplets if I wanted to eat something Id ask myslef if I wanted to eat an apple and if I didnt - then I really wasnt that hungry and would just not eat.  If I wanted the apple Id eat it and them if I was still hungry Id eat whatever...... just an idea

Tracey does have the right %s but Ithink upping the protien and lowering the fat a little is good especially when you are training.

Got that homer?!

2008-12-28 1:00 PM
in reply to: #1874337

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
CoachH - 2008-12-28 9:34 AM

THANK YOU TAMMY!!!  She has allowed me to join in

Marcelo:

Teacher/Coach; 20 yrs married Dec 18th; teenage son(cancer survivor);  Have all ways tried to stay active....have completed 3 marys prior to 2000.  I do not handle the high end mileage well( wish I could but body tells me otherwise).  Have done a few sprints(300/15/5k)...have not felt real comfortable as far as racing in any of them.  Weak link is the  swim, strongest at running.

Current Training:  Base work 101.  Since 2008 came and went(broken collar bone, February), trying to work up to 7 workout sessions.  Just now getting comfortable in the water again.  I am a bit 'skiddish on the bike after the collar bone incident...Presently doing am spin and swim.  Will work on trying to work in three run sessions.  

My training goes as my coaching goes...in other words, my in-season sport is my off season.  However, I am trying to break that up to be more race ready.  Overall, I am enjoying the tri training as I get to know more people.  

2009:  I have a couple of duathlons scheduled.  Then a May sprint.  I am trying to get the courage to jump into open water stuff, but no go.....THE SWIM MONSTER!!!!!!   If I can safely  get my mileage up, Dec 'Mary.  For the most part, just love the training and coaching. 

Thanks for letting me in Mrs. Tammy

You are welcome   Happy to have you!

2008-12-28 5:31 PM
in reply to: #1874477

User image

Veteran
New Lenox, IL
TracyV - 2008-12-28 12:33 PM

Hey George!

I have struggled with my weight for years. I would recommend drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day. It helps flush the fat out of your system. It really, really helps. Also, if I am hungry I always drink water first to see if it is hunger or thrist. Usually, it is thrist. When I am in weight loss mode I also eat an apple before my meals about 20-30 minutes prior. Apples have a lot of fiber and they fill you up so when you eat you are more quickly satiated. Supper as they call it here in the midwest or dinner is my worst meal. I tend to over eat at night. Why??? I have no clue. When I watch my late night portions I am more successful in taking off the weight. 

Just a few things I do to help me take the pounds off. I also only eat 1500 calories a day. I am women though. The nutrition logger on BT is excellent way to track what you are eating. I aim for 50% of calories to be from carbs, 25% from protein and 25% from fat. I rarely hit it on the nail, but I try to limit my carbs. 

Welcome to the group Marcelo. Tammy rocks! She runs fast too! Am I jealous? Of course not!Laughing

Thanks, the water might be a problem (I absolutly can't stand to drink water, I've been forcing my self to drink what little I do but need to up that). The apple thing is a good idea, I think I'll include that in my nutrition plans and see how it works. I found a couple of different websites that caluclate your necessary calories and I alwasy come out with about 2500 for a 180 pound man my age. That's why I'm targeting that amount seeing as that's my target weight, although I would be happy to hit 200.

Two years ago when I was really exercising, 30 minutes to two hours a day I was able to get down to 219 but the weight stopped there and with the injury it climbed back up. This time I plan on being injury free so I'll be able to keep it up and get to my goal.

George
2008-12-28 7:31 PM
in reply to: #1874694

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
Buddaha1964 - 2008-12-28 5:31 PM
TracyV - 2008-12-28 12:33 PM

Hey George!

Thanks, the water might be a problem (I absolutly can't stand to drink water, I've been forcing my self to drink what little I do but need to up that). The apple thing is a good idea, I think I'll include that in my nutrition plans and see how it works. I found a couple of different websites that caluclate your necessary calories and I alwasy come out with about 2500 for a 180 pound man my age. That's why I'm targeting that amount seeing as that's my target weight, although I would be happy to hit 200. Two years ago when I was really exercising, 30 minutes to two hours a day I was able to get down to 219 but the weight stopped there and with the injury it climbed back up. This time I plan on being injury free so I'll be able to keep it up and get to my goal. George

How tall are you again?

I think you should pcik a fall marathon or even maybe a half marathon- it will keep you running.....its easy to drop weight by running (well biking and swimming are OK too

2008-12-28 9:14 PM
in reply to: #1874870

User image

Veteran
New Lenox, IL
tripletmom01 - 2008-12-28 7:31 PM

How tall are you again?

I think you should pcik a fall marathon or even maybe a half marathon- it will keep you running.....its easy to drop weight by running (well biking and swimming are OK too

5'-11". I was thinking about the Chicago Marathon. There are a couple of events I would like to try at least once. That is one of them, another is any IM. Both of these I need to do before I'm 50, a long term goal.

George.
2008-12-28 9:18 PM
in reply to: #1875040

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
Buddaha1964 - 2008-12-28 9:14 PM
tripletmom01 - 2008-12-28 7:31 PM

How tall are you again?

5'-11". I was thinking about the Chicago Marathon. There are a couple of events I would like to try at least once. That is one of them, another is any IM. Both of these I need to do before I'm 50, a long term goal. George.

You should do Chicago...my sister and I were talking about doing it!!  When I finish Ill turnaround and run the rest of the way in with you!! (OK- probaly not but it sounded nice

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tripletmom01 mentor group - FULL!!!!! Rss Feed  

of 47