BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jungle Jenn's Jovial Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2009-02-25 6:28 PM
in reply to: #1859975

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: RE: Jungle Jenn's Jovial Mentor Group - CLOSED
Today was my bday so I opted out of the run and will do it for sure tomorrow.  I signed up for it thinking it would keep me training after the Ironman and not put on the 10 pounds I typically do after Ironman training and winter time but it didnt do that for me.  I still put on the 10 pounds and didnt train like I really should have.  Here is my motivation now-I signed up for Ironman again this year and I am doing it for a charity raising money for a good friend of mine that passed away at age 22 2 years ago.  His family has a hope fund that helps the students of our highschool...where I went and my son goes that are financially needy and that is alot of them....so there was the newspaper article letting the community know about the fundraiser however they kinda left out how to donate-we discussed doing a follow up article after this 60k cause we told folks this was my next big goal.  So after I finish this then the newspaper will do another article and this time it will tell people where to go donate for my fundraiser...if I dont do this and finish it what will the follow up article be and the more awareness the paper brings to this the more money I can raise for the kids.  After the TTT at the end of May will be another follow up story and also we are doing a street fundraiser in June so from that point on we should have lots of publicity for this.  Heck since I cant win a damn Ironman I want to win the fundraiser event and raise the most money!!  Its called Janus Charity Challenge if you havent heard of it and the top fundraiser at each Ironman event gets $10,000 from them!  You can go to their site at Januscharitychallenge.com and look under how to donate and look for  my me by name or by event and there really isnt too many folks right now doing it as a fundraiser for Louisville.  So....now I have convinced myself I must finish this.....on the bright side it is only a 6 hour drive and not an 8 hour like I first thought.

2009-03-14 10:39 AM

Bayside, NY
It's been a while since anyone posted anything! How is everyone doing? Its been nicer here so I was able to get out more and do more running. I am starting to panick my first tri is in June 15 weeks away!! what is everyone else up to? Jen how do you stay so focused for those long runs, even with my ipod on I keep thinking about how much torture it is..lol
2009-03-16 5:41 PM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
I worried everyone disappeared!  I've been dealing with some mysterious fluid on the posterior tibial tendon and now that we have started some ultra sound and A R T therapy things have calmed down about 50%. 
I dont wear headset when I run anymore since you cant do it in a race and also cause I do get focused on the songs and how long they are playing and then I will calculate dang...Ive only heard 6 songs and most average 4 min so Ive only gone 24 minutes!    I try to change scenery alot and go different routes and try to run with others to have someone to talk to.
Hope everyone is on schedule...I am so ready for spring to get outside and ride the bike.
2009-03-19 6:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Still here nursing through the knee injury.  Swimming is going fine with it, tried out the trainer for an hour last night.  Slight increase in swelling but no increased pain or anything.  Not sure when I am going to try a run, might be on race day.  Thinking about doing a sprint in May and just train for the swim and bike and then see what the knee does.  Hope all is well with everyone.
2009-03-21 9:15 AM
in reply to: #2028817

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah

Big_D - 2009-03-19 7:43 PM Still here nursing through the knee injury.  Swimming is going fine with it, tried out the trainer for an hour last night.  Slight increase in swelling but no increased pain or anything.  Not sure when I am going to try a run, might be on race day.  Thinking about doing a sprint in May and just train for the swim and bike and then see what the knee does.  Hope all is well with everyone.

Did you find out anything more definate about your knee?  Did you tear the MCL?  Hope it all gets better soon.

2009-03-23 5:26 PM
in reply to: #2031606

User image

Veteran
Jungle Jenn - 2009-03-21 9:15 AM

Big_D - 2009-03-19 7:43 PM Still here nursing through the knee injury.  Swimming is going fine with it, tried out the trainer for an hour last night.  Slight increase in swelling but no increased pain or anything.  Not sure when I am going to try a run, might be on race day.  Thinking about doing a sprint in May and just train for the swim and bike and then see what the knee does.  Hope all is well with everyone.

Did you find out anything more definate about your knee?  Did you tear the MCL?  Hope it all gets better soon.

Looks like it might actually be a miniscus tear instead of the mcl.  The bad news is that my insurance is crap and doesnt pay for much of anything.  Good news is that I left that job and landed a new job with a tri company here in Dallas.  I wont have to pay to compete so if I dont finish the race I wont feel horrible about wasting money, but now I have no insurance., yikes.

2009-03-26 7:34 AM
in reply to: #2035516

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Hope you can can get that tear taken care of.  That just totally bites.  That does bite about no insurance, but that is totally cool that you'll be working for a tri company.  Awesome!

2009-03-26 7:37 AM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Hey, Jenn!  I was thinking your ultra was at the end of the month, and I went to check-in on your page and I was getting it confused with that 15K.  What ended up making you decide not to race it?

2009-03-27 4:04 PM
in reply to: #2040978

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah

Thats the week my ankle started doing crazy stuff.  Had the MRI the Tuesday before the run and had a ton of fluid on it and they dont know why or how?  Started a 21 doze steroid treatment took the pain away but not the swelling.  Didnt think it would be wise to go 37.2 miles on a single track trail with a weak ankle.  Started ultra sound and A R T therapy a coule weeks ago and swelling is down about half way now...and its going on FOUR weeks.  Tendons and muscles are fine according to MRI.  Doctors are baffled.  I think we are going to do something with sticking pins and stuff into my nerves to see if it is nerve related.  Still debating on that one....doesnt sound pleasant but I get sharp pains and pings from the sciatic all the way to the tips of the toes.  Its no more painful to run then to sit so Im trying to stay out there and run when I can.  Suppose to do the mini this weekend and my cousin and all my friends have backed out of it so not sure if I wanna drive 1:45 min by myself and run myself...will decided Saturday nite.

Dont pay much attention to my logs...not having much time to get things posted.  Only posting my runs when I wear my garmin cause all I have to do is push a button to upload and not type anything.  Been crazy busy getting my new business started and am teaching at the gym 8 hours a week and also own and run my own toystore.  Here is my new business website

www.fitnessplusbootcamp.com

Edited by Jungle Jenn 2009-03-27 4:08 PM
2009-03-31 9:10 PM
in reply to: #2044767

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Jenn, that is terrible about your ankle!!!!!  My gosh!!!!  Sticking pins into your nerves sure doesn't sound pleasant, but I hope they can get that figured out.

Your Web site looks great and that boot camp looks awesome!  My husband and I use Homestead for our site and for our clients and we have been really happy with them these three years.

Keep us posted on the medical situation...

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jungle Jenn's Jovial Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 6