BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriPatrick's group of support- closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2012-06-06 10:14 AM
in reply to: #4130942

Subject: RE: TriPatrick's group of support- closed

I totally stalled out the last two weeks or so. Quick recap:

May 22-24 - at a conference out of town

May 25-27 - out of town for family trip to a music festival and hanging out in Austin

May 28 - sprint Tri in Austin (stayed out until 12 or so night before, but did surprisingly well)

May 29-31 - 12 hr work days trying to catch up

June 1-3 - out of town (Austin) for wedding and weekend w/ wife and friends. Got one 3.5-4 mi jog in but the heat made it brutal

June 4 - drove home and played in industry sponsored golf tournament (all day + beer)

June 5 - 12 hr work day trying to catch up

So, as you can see, I've been pretty busy. Really haven't done hardly any training for almost 3 weeks. Definitely in a slump. And I'm going back out of town for work Tomorrow and Friday which pretty much kills all ambition to train. I also just tracked weight watcher's points again yesterday for the first time in over 2 weeks. Put on a couple of pounds in the interim. I definitely made better choices with food but everything I did pretty much for the past 2 weeks has involved alcohol. If only beer had less calories...

I am ready to break out of my slump but finding the motivation is tough. The baby's impending arrival is starting to hang over my head now (7 weeks left!) with all the things that need to be done prior to his arrival, never mind the whole life changing aspect. The good thing is that I'm pretty much done travelling/vacationing for a while now so I should be able to buckle down and get things checked off the list.

I had been working through the Olympic 2x/wk 20wk balanced program here on BT. I completed Month/Phase 2 last. My plan was to pick up the program starting next week with the recovery week for Month 2 and then go into Month 3. I'm thinkng that will give my body a little more time to adjust to getting back into the program and won't frustrate me with any lost speed/fitness from doing nothing for a couple weeks. Thoughts? My hesitation with this is that there is no way I can get through Months 3-4 prior to the baby being born which was my original goal. I think I probalby just need to back off that goal a little bit.

Thanks for listening/reading! It was certainly therapeutic getting it all out there!

2012-06-09 12:19 PM

Veteran
Honolulu
Hi everyone,I too was slacking a little the last two weeks, so hard to be social with non-triathletes and NOT drink too much or stay out too late. Had to turn down Friday night drinks, my friends tease me because I chose to swim instead. My local pool was closed the last 2 weeks so I didn't get any swim time in. It's hard to do OWS during weekdays if you have office job hours. I want to find some training partners, will look into joining some tri clubs or swimming clubs for OWS. Have a fantasy of entering Waikiki Rough Water Swim this fall. Cut off time is 2:40 I think I could do it .Now that my pool is open I will swim a lot. Trying to build up my practice swims to 45 min. Kinda get bored in a pool or irritated dealing w other swimmers. But no sharks! Hehe
2012-06-11 3:08 PM

So how is everybody doing this week?

I started out well yesterday. Mountain biked yesterday morning for 45-50 mins (approx 8 mi). Stopped at the gym on the way home and got in my 21min swim. Proceeding with my plan to start with month 2 recovery week this week then move to month 3 next week. Just found out I have to travel next Tues-Wed but I'm determined not to let myself get derailed this time.

Doing better sticking to my points the last few days too. Have to keep the determination up!

2012-06-11 4:27 PM

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX
Hey everyone... Posting from cell so have to be brief.. finished day 2 of tour.... It's jot and Oklahoma has hillsDay 0 15 miles into a 25-30mph wind to start... It was an out and back so trip back was nice... 30 milesDay 1 72 miles went through Natl wildlife refuge. Rode like 20 ft from a bison. No fence! Day 2 62 miles lots of hills some short and steep some long and grinding... A bit of headwind didn't help...That's all I can stans typing on my phone. May try to find a library tomorrow and do better reports
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriPatrick's group of support- closed Rss Feed  

of 6