Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2011-02-16 10:19 AM
in reply to: #3357751

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
tmoran80 - 2011-02-16 10:08 AM I tried finding info on the Jorge's winter plan but looked for a while and ended up giving up as I could never find the actual plan or wher i could get it.

Ask, and you shall receive!

http://jorgepbmcoaching.blogspot.com/

He has posted it week-to-week, so you'll have to keep clicking "older posts" to get to the beginning.  It is a 15 week plan with 2 prep weeks.  Do you think you'll do it?

2011-02-16 2:28 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Veteran
So excited it is beautiful here today!  68 degrees!  I love it.  Also weighed in last night and was down 2.2!!!  I was in shock!  Down 9 since Jan. 4th!
2011-02-16 7:50 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I am so excited!  My women's only tri club is hosting our first official women's only sprint tri in June.  I am one of the members trying to get donations for the swag bags.  I just got GU to donate a boatload and offer to sponsor the tri!!!
2011-02-17 9:01 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I am jealous of your 9lbs Debbie, that is a lot of good work paying off!

That is good news on the tri Meggan, will you be racing in it?

And on some life news...I ran into some bad luck yesterday as my personal checking account was compromised.  Only got $82 which I will get reimbursed for, but it's all the time and effort I have to put into fixing it that is the pain in the arse.  Spent all afternoon and evening yesterday on the phone trying to figure out what and how it happened and filling out affidavits saying the charge was unauthorized.  Today I have to go to the bank and close my account and open a new one, which means I will also have to change my direct deposit forms at work and my records with a few other companies.  I'll have to order new checks and change all my bill pay stuff.  Just annoyed and stressed right now.  At least today is Friday for me.

Happy Thursday!
2011-02-17 9:10 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
That is so annoying Tim!  Hope it does not take too much more time.

I don't think I am going to race the tri but I am hoping to be able to help out with it.  I am still trying to figure out my race schedule for the year and I think I may be working with a local coaching company this season.  I feel like I have lots of room for improvement with my running but don't really see any improvement.  Sure, my endurance is improving but my speed is not.  I am hoping to meet with one of the coaches next week and I will talk with her about my plans for the season.
2011-02-17 9:34 AM
in reply to: #3359594

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
That completely sucks Tim, it's amazing how something like that affects your life.  It has happened to me, they never got any money, but I used my bank card at a store that one of its machines compromised and I found out when trying to purchase something that my card didn't work anymore...they didn't bother calling to let me know they were cancelling my card.  Luckily I had a credit card with me!

Meggan, very cool about the Tri and getting the Gu sponsorship!

2011-02-17 11:37 AM
in reply to: #3359683

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
At the incessant bequesting of T1, here I am, checking in :P

Sorry I haven't been around much these days. Work life, and life life, have kept me super busy. I haven't had much motivation to train this week, and the one time I did, I got a pretty massive blister 7k into my run, and I don't want to keep running on it and make it worse. But I'll be going cross country skiing this weekend, and back in the saddle next week with a few long runs, I promise you guys. Please call me out when I don't!

Sorry I haven't been doing much inspiring recently. I just haven't been on there all that much in general, and when I am, it's for 2 minutes at a time, so I don't have time to keep in touch I'm sorry to everyone! I am also super jealous of everyone with your warm weather. Recently, it's been really cold and gross here, which sucks. I want to move somewhere warm. Anyone in the southern US know anyone who is hiring, whether in some sort of civil engineering project management role, or pro sports? Tim, the Stars hiring, do you know? :P  
2011-02-17 12:20 PM
in reply to: #3359978

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
LockOut - 2011-02-17 11:37 AM At the incessant bequesting of T1, here I am, checking in :P

I would prefer the phrase "caring nudges".

Sorry I haven't been doing much inspiring recently. I just haven't been on there all that much in general, and when I am, it's for 2 minutes at a time, so I don't have time to keep in touch I'm sorry to everyone! I am also super jealous of everyone with your warm weather. Recently, it's been really cold and gross here, which sucks. I want to move somewhere warm. Anyone in the southern US know anyone who is hiring, whether in some sort of civil engineering project management role, or pro sports? Tim, the Stars hiring, do you know? :P  

Haha, the way they have been playing lately there might be a lot of openings soon!  And I did a quick monster.com search for civil engineer in Texas and it came up with 36 hits.
2011-02-18 2:10 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Went back to PT this morning and there has been another change of plans.  They decided to let me start running.  Ok, maybe not completely, but today she had me stretch, warmup, walk on the treadmill for 5min and then do 1min easy running intervals.  I did 4 of them and had no pain while running (first run since sometime in Dec!).  The funny thing is I felt it while I was walking instead.  So at the end I backed the walking down to a 2.5 and didn't feel it, so I slowly increased it by .1 every 10sec or so.  I felt no pain until I got to a 3.3 walking speed.  Backed down to a 3.2 and felt nothing.  So, according to my PT, that is great news. 

She believes that this shows that my knee can be corrected as long as we do this very slowly.  We are putting off the shot and thinks I should save it until I have a major setback where it gets really sore.  So, she wants me to continue my daily stretches and to incorporate 10sec of hard walking 4 times a day.  She wants me to feel the pain for the whole 10sec, but then stop.  She thinks that by doing this we can re-train the scar tissue to work itself out.  And each week we will try to increase the walking time.  She also wants me to walk on the treadmill like I did today and back down as soon as I feel pain, then walk for a while at that level.  And hopefully the pain-free speed will increase over time.  I am also supposed to take a prescription dose of advil twice a day, so 4 pills at a time for a week.

She said that she never wants my knee to be sore the following day.  If so then that means I over did it.  I should be getting small bouts of pain that goes away relatively quickly.  It's about 4hrs after my PT now and it is sore.  But this seems like good news and at least it feels like I have some direction and not just spinning my wheels. 

And I finished all my bank account paperwork today, so hopefully within a few days it will all be officially switched over. 

Happy Friday!
2011-02-19 8:12 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Awesome news, T1!  I'm really excited for you.  You WILL be there in no time, just keep reminding yourself of that!
2011-02-21 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3362099

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Great news about the knee T1, you are doing everything right in this recovery process and now the results of your patience will start showing faster and faster. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  We were unexpectedly surprised by a turn in the weather for the better, it was supposed to rain, sleet, thunder, hail, fire and brimstone this weekend, but instead we had two full days of glorious sunshine!  We needed it here after so many weeks of grey and wet.  I got out and ran both days and also went for good walks with the animals and friends, my dog was a lump last night! As a matter of fact, I believe I was a lump last night too.

2011-02-22 8:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I was in Vegas for the weekend and had a blast!!!  I didn't "work out" per say, but I did walk a TON!  I had so much fun, glad to be home and back into the swing of things though.

T1 that is great news about your knee!  Slowly, but surely!
2011-02-22 8:37 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Glad to see everyone is doing well!  Thanks for the inspires this past week.  I can't even begin to tell you how much they have helped me through this week.  I owe you all some!  My parent's best friend is in very critical condition and it is very tough and go so it has been a very emotional week.  I have been on quickly to log my workouts over the past few days but that has been it.

I am running a 5k on Sunday and then chatting with a local running coach afterwards.  I am looking forward to meeting with her and seeing what she can do to help me move forward. 

I got outside to run both days this past weekend and it was great!  I can't wait until it stays lighter longer in the evening and I can get outside more. 
2011-02-23 8:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
I'm baaack! I did a short brick this morning, and I think it really gave me my mojo back. Nice weather + a good workout makes me feel good! Just over a month till my 30k, so I have to get back training hard. I think I'll be doing about a 15-20k run tonight, just to cap it all off, and a shorter run in the morning. Gotta keep the legs moving.

Thanks for constantly checking up on me, guys, I really appreciate it, and I'm sorry I haven't been responding to the inspires. I promise, though, I have read every single one, and I appreciate all of them!

It's time to dig deep, kids!  
2011-02-23 9:12 AM
in reply to: #3368345

User image

Expert
South Jersey
LockOut - 2011-02-23 8:42 AM I'm baaack! I did a short brick this morning, and I think it really gave me my mojo back. Nice weather + a good workout makes me feel good! Just over a month till my 30k, so I have to get back training hard. I think I'll be doing about a 15-20k run tonight, just to cap it all off, and a shorter run in the morning. Gotta keep the legs moving.

Thanks for constantly checking up on me, guys, I really appreciate it, and I'm sorry I haven't been responding to the inspires. I promise, though, I have read every single one, and I appreciate all of them!

I was just coming on here to see how you are feeling about the 30k!
2011-02-23 9:17 AM
in reply to: #3368407

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Mrschach - 2011-02-23 10:12 AM
LockOut - 2011-02-23 8:42 AM I'm baaack! I did a short brick this morning, and I think it really gave me my mojo back. Nice weather + a good workout makes me feel good! Just over a month till my 30k, so I have to get back training hard. I think I'll be doing about a 15-20k run tonight, just to cap it all off, and a shorter run in the morning. Gotta keep the legs moving.

I was just coming on here to see how you are feeling about the 30k!

Well, I'm a month out. Am I where I SHOULD be in terms of mileage? Not even close. Will I finish? Yea, I'm not worried about that, barring any major malfunction. I am going to get new shoes for the race, and use them in most of my training runs leading up to them. I have the benefit of being a reasonably in-shape 25 year old (26 by the race, though ;-) ), so I can finish. Time wise, I have no idea. Ideally, sub-3hr, but if not, I'm totally cool with that. I have, however, taken 2 days off or work so that I can recover from it. I'm going to start doing long runs today. No more of this treadmill BS. Outside and track runs for me, starting tonight. I'll do 5k before my team's run, probably about 10k in the practice, and then about 3k home. Then a good 20k run this weekend. Fingers crossed.

2011-02-24 9:51 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Just registered for my third marathon!  Marine Corp Marathon in DC October 30th!!!
2011-02-24 10:14 AM
in reply to: #3370310

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Mrschach - 2011-02-24 7:51 AM Just registered for my third marathon!  Marine Corp Marathon in DC October 30th!!!

Wuhoo! 
2011-02-24 10:28 AM
in reply to: #3370364

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2011-02-24 10:14 AM
Mrschach - 2011-02-24 7:51 AM Just registered for my third marathon!  Marine Corp Marathon in DC October 30th!!!

Wuhoo! 

You should come join me!!
2011-02-24 10:56 AM
in reply to: #3370401

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Mrschach - 2011-02-24 8:28 AM

Wuhoo! 

oh that is so tempting, but I am committed to either a half or a full(decision will be made after I've completed my first full) with my Run Club in British Columbia wine country in October.  Run and then do the winery tour! 

We are starting to look more and more at destination runs for the upcoming couple of years, so it is definately something within the realm of possibilies, it would be cool if we could all meet up for a run somewhere.  I know it's a ways off, but a number of people in my run club are planning on doing the Goofy in 2013.
2011-02-24 12:07 PM
in reply to: #3370470

User image

Expert
South Jersey
corstan - 2011-02-24 10:56 AM
Mrschach - 2011-02-24 8:28 AM

Wuhoo! 

oh that is so tempting, but I am committed to either a half or a full(decision will be made after I've completed my first full) with my Run Club in British Columbia wine country in October.  Run and then do the winery tour! 

We are starting to look more and more at destination runs for the upcoming couple of years, so it is definately something within the realm of possibilies, it would be cool if we could all meet up for a run somewhere.  I know it's a ways off, but a number of people in my run club are planning on doing the Goofy in 2013.

Now that is my kind of race!!!

My girlfriend is hoping to do the Goofy challenge in 2012 and tried to convince me.  I was almost commited but I think we may head to Florida for a week in December for vacation and visit my aunt. 

As of right now, my bucket list of marathons include Marine Corp, Maui, and the Mardi Gras Rock n Roll in NOLA.

2011-02-24 12:29 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Congrats on signing up Meggan. 

Wife and I have been talking about doing some destination runs/tris in the future.  I had my eye on the Chicago Marathon.  Not sure what else is even out there.  We went to NY and did a run a few years ago and that was a lot of fun.  Anything in Hawaii would be awesome.  Got some family near Philly so I keep looking for races up there but they have yet to match up with our travel dates in the past.  We tend to travel during the week.
2011-02-24 1:06 PM
in reply to: #3370699

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
I have a few destination runs on my bucket list,  Paris, London and Amsterdam and the marathon that started it all, Athens, Greece!  Thank goodness I have lots of family and friends in Europe to stay with but still those are trips that aren't happening anytime soon and still lots of North American races to do too! 
2011-02-24 10:17 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
I'M SO SORRY that I haven't been around for the last couple days, but I wanted to keep my mouth shut and not curse myself...but here it is...

I GOT THE EXTERNSHIP IN PORTLAND FOR THIS FALL!!!!

I interviewed on Saturday evening, and I've been nonstop nervous ever since.  But now, I get to move to the cycling capital of the US for a semester!

It's unpaid, so our tri budget just went out the window for the year, so just the two races for the season!  But I'm not worried about it, somehow...
2011-02-24 10:28 PM
in reply to: #3371715

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
SoccerGK - 2011-02-24 8:17 PM I'M SO SORRY that I haven't been around for the last couple days, but I wanted to keep my mouth shut and not curse myself...but here it is...

I GOT THE EXTERNSHIP IN PORTLAND FOR THIS FALL!!!!

I interviewed on Saturday evening, and I've been nonstop nervous ever since.  But now, I get to move to the cycling capital of the US for a semester!

It's unpaid, so our tri budget just went out the window for the year, so just the two races for the season!  But I'm not worried about it, somehow...

Congratulations!  Portland is a great city, they do a great half & full marathon there in the fall. 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103