BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-07-28 3:25 PM
in reply to: #1563590

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS
amy mutz - 2008-07-28 7:49 AM

I do hope we all stay together as a group for this winters mentor program, it's like family now.

Amy IN

Hm. Are you saying that we're dysfunctional?

2008-07-28 3:27 PM
in reply to: #1561864

User image

Champion
Taser-World
mman - 2008-07-26 10:30 PM

Hello everyone. just touching base with my family. Stef had a beautiful service on Thursday. On friday I woke up and was numb. Hard to believe. Some friends invited me and the kids to the coast, which is where I'm writing from. Three days of sun, salt water and beer is good. The wife, Tina, has been a huge help to me over the past weeks. It's nice to be able to relax with her and her family instead of trying to figure out what to do next.

I hope you are all well. Will be talking about training again soon.

Greg

Being at the coast sounds wonderful. Enjoy it!
2008-07-28 3:27 PM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC

Ok, so I've been slack lately....you don't have to already talk about retiring me in front of me

Participated in the 24 Hours of Booty this weekend. It's named for a 3 mile loop in town called-The Booty Loop. It's a 24 hr fundraiser for cancer research, particularly the LiveStrong Foundation.  I rode 85 miles between 2 session on Fri night and Sat am. Not my goal of 100 miles but life got in the way.  This week, Extreme Makeover has come to Charlotte so I'm hanging out at the build site doing stories with the local media and showing up Ty

I'm off to the mountains of NC this weekend for an Olympic race. Been fighting some hip and knee issues since last week, so I'm hoping to be recovered and ready to go.

2008-07-28 3:28 PM
in reply to: #1563128

User image

Champion
Taser-World
etknowles - 2008-07-27 8:41 PM

Glad to hear it Greg, we look forward to cheering on your time on the bike and the other endeavors you do.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I got in 11 miles of good running on Saturday and 32 miles on the bike on Sunday. It felt good to get some good time in, I have just put off the swimming until September. I am planning a good bike/run for Wednesday AM. This will be quite a week. I have meetings and/or client entertaining every night starting Monday and ending next Sunday afternoon.... It will be fun but a bit loony. We have a box at the masters tennis tournament so Peg and I take clients every night... It is fun but makes for a long week. I will post photos...

This is a photo of Lindsay Davenport from a prior tournament...

When I lived in NY, I used to go to the US Open every year. It was GREAT.

(Now, I live in the middle of no where. So there's nothing to see. LOL)

2008-07-28 3:36 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
By the way, I think I stopped being a mentor a long time ago and this became a support group--in so many ways!  You've all been an awesome group to be associated with and I'm happy to be a part of it now and in the future.
2008-07-28 3:44 PM
in reply to: #1565282

User image

Champion
Taser-World
medic0020 - 2008-07-28 4:27 PM

Ok, so I've been slack lately....you don't have to already talk about retiring me in front of me

Participated in the 24 Hours of Booty this weekend. It's named for a 3 mile loop in town called-The Booty Loop. It's a 24 hr fundraiser for cancer research, particularly the LiveStrong Foundation. I rode 85 miles between 2 session on Fri night and Sat am. Not my goal of 100 miles but life got in the way. This week, Extreme Makeover has come to Charlotte so I'm hanging out at the build site doing stories with the local media and showing up Ty

I'm off to the mountains of NC this weekend for an Olympic race. Been fighting some hip and knee issues since last week, so I'm hoping to be recovered and ready to go.

Sounds like Emerson and Amy aren't the only ones who have been busy!

85 miles? Nice riding!

Good luck with the Olympic this weekend!

2008-07-28 4:03 PM
in reply to: #1565090

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-07-28 12:34 PM

amy mutz - 2008-07-28 7:49 AM I do hope we all stay together as a group for this winters mentor program, it's like family now. Amy IN

PS:  As to staying together... I agree but I think we should stay as a core and then let some new folks in... I think 8 - 10 would be a good total.  It is time to give Eric a break and let one of us take over... or someone new.  If the group thinks it is a good idea, we all know some pretty good folks around BT and we may be able to get a choice couple of folks from another group and start out as a new and bigger one next winter...????

Best of the old and best of the new...

Food for thought, 

I look forward to your opinions, 

Emerson

I "LOVE" our group....I was actually thinking of starting one on the side, because I saw no-one else was!? my dd was looking to join one a few months ago and could never find one that was open!?!  how often do they form?

As for last weekend...sorry, I was not around. I did get to see Steely Dan in Berkeley at this amazing venue. Really intimate....felt like I could reach out and touch him! Great show, too! Yesterday, recuperated in the morning and did some chores...then went on a what was supposed to be a long ride but ended up being a shorter and WINDY bike ride.  Beautiful day...just GUSTY GUSTY WINDS! and the gusts were continuous! what is up with all this wind!? I was drafting my DH...at least I think I was....I was DEAD tired by the time I returned home. I seriously noticed my computer on my bike reading at 12-14mph on a flat section! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!? I felt sooooo sorry for the families...you know those poor kids who had a really nice strong wind when they took off on the trail...only to turn around and feel that headwind that never let up! I was one of those BIG and OLD POUTY KIDS!

Food:

French Toast

Bacon

Glass of milk

LUNCH:

half of PBJ sandwich

while out riding:

Split Gu and Cliff bar with DH

DINNER:

ROAST w/Carrot, Red Potatoes and Onions

Salad - Cucumber, Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Brocoli, Hard Boiled Egg, Bacon

Biscuits w brown gravy

2008-07-28 6:51 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

I love my group tooo!!!  You are all like Moms and Dads to me.   And we are dysfunctional in our own special way

I've been thinking about starting a group as a mentor... I think that may be a great move for me with just finishing my first HIM, needing a new goal and well seriously thinking about signing up for IM WI 2009.  Actually it isn't even seriously.  I am going to do it.  I think I am ready.

I'm glad to see there is so much lover in our group   It makes me happy to know I always have someone to turn to  

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! 

2008-07-28 8:30 PM
in reply to: #1565798

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Pam,  I am glad to see your serious insperation... If you decided to take the role of a mentor, would you consider some or all of us as part of your core or would you like a whole new set?  I ask the question as do we wish, over time, to be part of two threads?  I would prefer to keep the wonderful friendship from all of us and just make it richer with the addition of some new folks....  I have enough trouble keeping track of all I do now...

I will share though, that if we end up with this as our base I will stay with everyone as long as this lasts... maybe I am just lazy and would love to have the best of both worlds... The closeness I feel with all of you is wonderful and I look forward to long contact with Julie, Amy, Eric, Dee, Greg and you Pam... 

That being said, I again ask... the overall opinion of each of you.  Do we wish to leave our small group as is and branch off for challenges and other groups from time to time or do we wish to expand this group on move as a core block with a new "mentor" like Pam who wants to step up and help inspire new folks... and, of course Pam, if you wish to branch out on your own, I totally respect that -- I have two daughters (older than you) and always encourage them to reach out and grow...

Enough said, you guys get my point... I love this group too... but where should we go?

Stay put... ???

Expand a little...???

I look forward to your opinions... Emerson

2008-07-28 8:35 PM
in reply to: #1566024

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
PS:  At home tonight, no workouts.  Last night for a home dinner before six nights of straight of events and client entertaining.  Good to get one full nights sleep.  The kids have the tickets... So they are watching Any Roddick tonight and they may have caught the last of Roger Federer.  No photos...
2008-07-28 9:34 PM
in reply to: #1566024

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
etknowles - 2008-07-28 8:30 PM

Pam, I am glad to see your serious insperation... If you decided to take the role of a mentor, would you consider some or all of us as part of your core or would you like a whole new set? I ask the question as do we wish, over time, to be part of two threads? I would prefer to keep the wonderful friendship from all of us and just make it richer with the addition of some new folks.... I have enough trouble keeping track of all I do now...

I will share though, that if we end up with this as our base I will stay with everyone as long as this lasts... maybe I am just lazy and would love to have the best of both worlds... The closeness I feel with all of you is wonderful and I look forward to long contact with Julie, Amy, Eric, Dee, Greg and you Pam...

That being said, I again ask... the overall opinion of each of you. Do we wish to leave our small group as is and branch off for challenges and other groups from time to time or do we wish to expand this group on move as a core block with a new "mentor" like Pam who wants to step up and help inspire new folks... and, of course Pam, if you wish to branch out on your own, I totally respect that -- I have two daughters (older than you) and always encourage them to reach out and grow...

Enough said, you guys get my point... I love this group too... but where should we go?

Stay put... ???

Expand a little...???

I look forward to your opinions... Emerson

I would love very much to start with you guys as my core.  We already have such great conversations, motivations, and general fun together.  Not that Eric wasn't a great mentor, but I think some new blood would be awesome to add to the group and maybe bring some new motivation to us all.  That being said, I guess it is really up to the group, but when new groups start up I will be hopefully starting a new one and would love to either keep in touch or have you follow on in my journey.  I feel each of you have made me strong and were a part of getting me across that HIM finish line.  I would love for you all to be there as I start my journey toward my IM goal. 

So I guess I open the floor like Emerson started  

2008-07-29 6:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Well, well, well...what do we have here, a lot of chatter going on...great to see it.

Dee - Of course we are dysfunctional...what fun would it be if we weren't!? I think anyone that has the matra we have is definately not the norm....and I say....YES!!!! I'm glad we are differnt than most, it make ours lives so much more interesting and hopefully longer.

Oooops...I will have to come back just a bit later, work calls. I have more to say of course.

Back shortly.

Amy IN
2008-07-29 6:57 AM
in reply to: #1566467

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

amy mutz - 2008-07-29 6:55 AM Well, well, well...what do we have here, a lot of chatter going on...great to see it. Dee - Of course we are dysfunctional...what fun would it be if we weren't!? I think anyone that has the matra we have is definately not the norm....and I say....YES!!!! I'm glad we are differnt than most, it make ours lives so much more interesting and hopefully longer. Oooops...I will have to come back just a bit later, work calls. I have more to say of course. Back shortly. Amy IN

Chatter, chatter, chatter   I like chatter too.  It gives me a reason for spending hours on BT  

2008-07-29 7:04 AM
in reply to: #1565090

User image

Extreme Veteran
etknowles - 2008-07-28 2:34 PM

amy mutz - 2008-07-28 7:49 AM I do hope we all stay together as a group for this winters mentor program, it's like family now. Amy IN

PS:  As to staying together... I agree but I think we should stay as a core and then let some new folks in... I think 8 - 10 would be a good total.  It is time to give Eric a break and let one of us take over... or someone new.  If the group thinks it is a good idea, we all know some pretty good folks around BT and we may be able to get a choice couple of folks from another group and start out as a new and bigger one next winter...????

Food for thought, 

Emerson

I agree with you Emerson, we should add a few, let Eric step down (if he wants) and I think one of us should take over instead of having someone new that really doesn't know the group, but I am open if everyone wants someone new to mix things up. Would this start in November after most members seasons are ending, or January when the new mentor programs start?
Amy IN
2008-07-29 11:33 AM
in reply to: #1566481

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
amy mutz - 2008-07-29 5:04 AM
etknowles - 2008-07-28 2:34 PM

Food for thought, 

Emerson

I agree with you Emerson, we should add a few, let Eric step down (if he wants) and I think one of us should take over instead of having someone new that really doesn't know the group, but I am open if everyone wants someone new to mix things up. Would this start in November after most members seasons are ending, or January when the new mentor programs start? Amy IN

x2 I would like us to stay together....but a few new faces would be a nice addition. I just hope we will be choosy when we make this addition! we have lost a few of the original teammates....ie, Mike, Chris, Nathan....so we should start with three!?! whatcha think? but I say we all have a say before we make any decisions on who these will be....does that sound good/fair!?

2008-07-29 8:38 PM
in reply to: #1567173

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Beautiful sunrise this morning, the clouds filled the Ohio River valley... The clouds were below our balcony...

2008-07-29 8:59 PM
in reply to: #1568658

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Now, as to expanding our group.  We all know some really super folks out there... I trust the judgment of each of you so I propose -- with no hurry -- we start to look for 3+ more people.  We can take our time, be selective and keep our core together.  If we feel the need to get a bigger "fresh start" one of us can start a new mentor group next fall and we can all join... silly but it may help us get a fresh look if we think that is a good idea...  I defer to the group...

More food for thought,

Emerson

Edited by etknowles 2008-07-29 9:00 PM
2008-07-29 10:44 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
I know I have not been around lately, but I would love to remain as part of this group. If a new one is started or new faces are added.

I have taken quite some time off. I have a race in the middle of October that I plan on doing, so I have to get my butt back in gear. I think I burned myself out. I was new to the sport and training like a crazy freak, neglecting my family. I have a three year old and four year old that demand time and I have to find a happy medium.

My husband does know what the sport means to me. I have been such a slacker lately. He gave me an ultimatum. A good one. I want him to take a sick day from work so I can go on a wine tasting . He told me that he would not take the day off unless I registered for the tri the next weekend. I seem to be finding every excuse in the book not to train. I just need to suck it up and do it.

I hope you are all well. I know I do not post, but I do lurk.

Amy in SD
2008-07-30 6:18 AM
in reply to: #1568848

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

What a wonderful suprise...  Good to see you drop by Amy of CA.  Balancing the complexities of life with being an athlete is hard.  We all face that challenge and know how hard it is.  I cannot fathom doing what I do now when my kids were little.  At 24 and 27 they don't require much maintenance. 

Nothing would make my day more than to see a little note from time to time with you sharing your progress, your children's progress and a posted photo...

A break can be healthy, but if you need the sport to be your best for everyone else, then welcome back to our "dysfunctional" family...

Emerson

2008-07-30 7:06 AM
in reply to: #1568992

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

PS:  Amy, never think of yourself as a slacker when you manage a home, two small children and your life at large, this takes a lot of time and energy!  To take some time off is normal and healthy... we all need that from time to time...

Come back at a speed that makes sense and join us when you can.

Emerson

2008-07-30 9:38 PM
in reply to: #1569040

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Full day at work, took off early to get the new KEO peddles put on my bike, the old peddle was on so tight I could not get it off.  Had to go to a bike shop...  Then went to tennis, took a few photos...

Rafael Nadal smoked the poor fellow he faced tonight... 6-0 6-1, it was a short match...

I hope everyone is having a good week.  Looking forward to a brick tomorrow.  I hope the rain stops... 

Emerson

2008-07-31 10:28 AM
in reply to: #1568848

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2008-07-29 8:44 PM I know I have not been around lately, but I would love to remain as part of this group. If a new one is started or new faces are added. I have taken quite some time off. I have a race in the middle of October that I plan on doing, so I have to get my butt back in gear. I think I burned myself out. I was new to the sport and training like a crazy freak, neglecting my family. I have a three year old and four year old that demand time and I have to find a happy medium. My husband does know what the sport means to me. I have been such a slacker lately. He gave me an ultimatum. A good one. I want him to take a sick day from work so I can go on a wine tasting . He told me that he would not take the day off unless I registered for the tri the next weekend. I seem to be finding every excuse in the book not to train. I just need to suck it up and do it. I hope you are all well. I know I do not post, but I do lurk. Amy in SD

You gotta love that hubby of yours! he is looking out for you! sounds like a "KEEPER"! glad to see a message from you....I know you said that you were going to take a break after the Tri we did together in San Diego in May....glad to see that you are about to come back....I been missing my 2 Buck Chuck sista! so, what winery are you going to go to? may want you to get me some wine!! and as for staying a part of the team....myself...I would have it no other way!!!!

2008-07-31 10:24 PM
in reply to: #1572624

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Hi everyone, got in a brick today... not a great one, but I got it done...  I plan a good long run on Saturday AM and then a good long ride on Sunday AM and then leave next Tuesday for Vacation... I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my first Duathlon on 8/24.  I am getting pretty psyched.  I have rented a bike on vacation and am going to bring my components in my luggage and they are going to put my peddles on, etc. so I can get in some good long rides, bricks and I plan to do the race once -- to be sure I can...  Again, I cannot wait!!!

Took more friends/clients out to tennis tonight... Tommy Haas of Germany tried to hold off Nadal but no such luck...  More photos...

2008-08-01 12:02 PM
in reply to: #1574902

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-07-31 8:24 PM

Hi everyone, got in a brick today... not a great one, but I got it done...  I plan a good long run on Saturday AM and then a good long ride on Sunday AM and then leave next Tuesday for Vacation... I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my first Duathlon on 8/24.  I am getting pretty psyched.  I have rented a bike on vacation and am going to bring my components in my luggage and they are going to put my peddles on, etc. so I can get in some good long rides, bricks and I plan to do the race once -- to be sure I can...  Again, I cannot wait!!!

Took more friends/clients out to tennis tonight... Tommy Haas of Germany tried to hold off Nadal but no such luck...  More photos...

Great pics Emerson...you either have a FABULOUS camera or you are sitting on the line as a ball boy! Hope you have a great weekend! Tell Peg hi and that I am hoping to see you guys again real soon! when do you head back to Arizona!?

2008-08-01 2:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
I have a little hand held cannon.  I sit in the first row, behind the line judge... their head gets in the way from time to time... Back to everyone later.. EK
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73