BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-08-01 9:52 PM
in reply to: #1576857

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS

Long day at work, rushed home to get to tennis... For some reason, Nadal was playing in the evening again... He played Nicolas Lapentti who put up a good fight but fell in two sets...

Yes, Julie the seats are close... Here is Peg in the seat....

I went the first time in 1981.  We got on the box list a few years later and got one around 1990.  I asked to be moved forward every year for the last 18 years and got this location this year... so, it took me a while -- about 27 years from first series tickets to front row but here we are.  When I started I joked that I would have gray hair by the time we got there.... well, the truth is the truth...

This is Lapentti serving.  The ball is the yellow blur in the upper right (My good camera is in Tucson so I could not freeze the ball).  It was 126 Miles an hour. And, Nadal hit it back like it was an easy thing to do....

Edited by etknowles 2008-08-01 9:55 PM

2008-08-02 9:33 PM
in reply to: #1577670

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

A bright you fellow knocked of Nadal today... Even though Nadal became #1 in the world yesterday displacing Roger Federer. 

I hope you guys are out there...  Any races or good stories this weekend???  Got in 10 miles today, slow... it was really hot.  And, I hope to add 40 miles on the bike tomorrow...

Eric, Amy, Dee, Pam... Greg...  love to hear from you... EK

2008-08-02 11:08 PM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Extreme Veteran
I'm trying my hardest to get back, but not feeling well, and just being overwhelmed with work I'm finding hard to have the little extra's in life that I enjoy so much....like my BT buddies.
I will return. Don't foget me.

Love from Indiana
2008-08-03 8:30 AM
in reply to: #1578405

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Amy, We will never forget you... I was there with you over the last couple of months...  I know you will be back and I look forward to seeing you at IMKY... Emerson
2008-08-03 4:20 PM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
I'm back.  4 days in the Mountains of NC at my parents' future retirement home.  Always nice to get away plus I've timed the last 2 years' trips to coincide with an Olympic distance race.  Knocked about 3 mins off last year not including the extra 7 mins or so that I lost this year thanks to a 2/3 mile run from swim finish to T1. The lake levels were WAY down. They could still get the 1500m distance in but had to move to the far end of the lake to find water that was swimmable.  For comparison, last year it was 30 yards from the swim finish to TA.
2008-08-03 8:09 PM
in reply to: #1578894

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Eric,

Congratulations on your tri...   Good to hear.  Anyone else have any fun travels or events... Emerson

2008-08-04 10:44 AM
in reply to: #1579102

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-08-03 6:09 PM

Eric,

Congratulations on your tri...   Good to hear.  Anyone else have any fun travels or events... Emerson

NICE AND QUIET WEEKEND FOR ME...AND I LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I did get a ride in! Hope everyone is doing well! Hoping to hear from Greg soon! Not a day goes by that I do not think of him and the kids! Greg....we need to hear how you are doing! don't make me come to Houston and hunt you down!

Amy...sorry that things are soooo very hectic for you...hope things settle soon! We will never forget our Amy! either of you!

Amy SD - glad to hear from you....hope that you are taking your DH's advice and signing up for a tri! if you do, let me know which one and I may come join you! Hope your summer is a good one...I know that you are having a fabulous time with those midgets (kids) of yours!

Dee....WHERE ARE YOU! missing you and yes, even your cattle prod! I need to get back in the pool....and noone seems to be helping me! I know you love to whip that tool out...so, where are you!?!?

Eric....glad to hear you got some time off! you work WAYYYYYYYYY tooo hard! hope that things are not as crazy for you! hope to hear from you more! we miss you! and your daily inspires!

Emerson....glad to see all the pictures! That is a great picture of Peg....SHE LOOKS VERY HAPPY! I am sure that has everything to do with you! do you play tennis? if so, we will have to play! I used to play on a tennis team....but it has been MANY MANY moons since I have picked up a racket! keep the pictures coming. I will be better and download some of mine from my past trip to Colorado and the concert I just went to of Steely Dan later today!

Pam....how are things? are you still busy busy busy with work!? and how are things at home? are you still looking to move back to your college town...or happy at home now that you are there?

Hope everyone has a great week! KIT! and don't be such strangers! missing the chatter! 

2008-08-04 5:13 PM
in reply to: #1579931

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Pam....how are things? are you still busy busy busy with work!? and how are things at home? are you still looking to move back to your college town...or happy at home now that you are there?

Well where do I start?  Work is going well.  I am starting to work on a budget and unfortunately it is looking like money will be really short unless I find a supplemental income.  Work itself is pretty good... the management is driving me nuts, but I am really doing the job for the clients so that is going well. School starts up again in a few weeks but it looks like since I have the full time job that I will be staying in Green Bay for the time being.  Last week was just wearing on me between ex-roommate problems, still a bit of post race depression since I really haven't set a more recent goal, work, and a whole new problem, well it isn't exactly a problem.  Friday I was able to go see a friend/crush/bf/untitled guy of mine for the first time in 3 months.  His name is Greg, maybe you remember me talking about him but he is working as an electrical engineer.  He was in the area for the tour stop of Poison.  It was so nice to see him because I haven't seen him in a while and we haven't nearly been able to talk as much as we normally because he has been so busy.  Well, he has obviously been missing me too by the welcome I got and we just spent the night talking, getting dinner, doing his laundry and just spending time together.  On my way back on Saturday, after a very hard goodbye, it hit me like a train.... folks, I think I am in love with him and it scares me to death!  I continued to have a meltdown all day and am still just not recovered from it as I am rebalancing all the parts of my life.

So yeah... ask me if you wanna know more... but that is my life in a nutshell! 

2008-08-04 7:04 PM
in reply to: #1581213

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Pam,  There are lot to of men in the world, if it is meant to be, it will be... and that is wonderful.  But, if not, you are still young.  I know that sounds callas but take it from someone more than double your age.  Who has girls older than you, ouch am I that old... yes, ouch.  But, just like you found a great sport with a great sense of accomplishment, you will find the right man someday.  One worthy of you and the wonderful person you are...

Julie, good to hear from you as usual.  I will start posting photos tomorrow or Wednesday. 

I hope everyone else is doing well, I too think of Greg and his children each day. 

Got to go and pack, I have not started yet... EK

Edited by etknowles 2008-08-04 7:05 PM
2008-08-04 10:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - feeling like your in love is the most wonderful feeling, embrace your feelings, and work through it one day at a time, it makes you feel out of control of things for awhile, but if it is the real thing is will evolve into a deep respect for one another. As I would tell my daughter, he should love you more than himself, and you should have common interest. Your a smart girl, you will figure things out.

Sorry I haven't been around everyone, and it doesn't look good for the next week.

Julie, Eric, Pam, Emerson....thanks for stopping in and leaving an inspire....I appreciate it!!!

Love from Indiana...
Amy

Oh and Pam I "love" the new pic!!!! And Emerson your tennis pictures and pics of Peg were great!!!!! I look forward to seeing you at IMKY!!!! We will work it out.

Sorry Dee didn't mean to leave my other tri sis out....how are you?

Edited by amy mutz 2008-08-04 10:38 PM
2008-08-05 6:17 AM
in reply to: #1581767

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Good Morning everyone.... In my usual spot in the Comair Terminal at Greater Cincinnati Airport having gotten up at 4:45 AM, hustled here with Peg and the plane is delayed.... I seem to pick nothing but delayed planes these days... back later... EK

2008-08-05 2:18 PM
in reply to: #1581894

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

etknowles - 2008-08-05 4:17 AM Good Morning everyone.... In my usual spot in the Comair Terminal at Greater Cincinnati Airport having gotten up at 4:45 AM, hustled here with Peg and the plane is delayed.... I seem to pick nothing but delayed planes these days... back later... EK

what airlines do you use!? sure seems like you have had a dickens of a time getting on a plane on time! good luck...hoping you are on your "merry" way by now! happy and safe travels to you both!

2008-08-05 2:21 PM
in reply to: #1581213

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
crea0029 - 2008-08-04 3:13 PM

Well where do I start?  Work is going well.  I am starting to work on a budget and unfortunately it is looking like money will be really short unless I find a supplemental income.  Work itself is pretty good... the management is driving me nuts, but I am really doing the job for the clients so that is going well. School starts up again in a few weeks but it looks like since I have the full time job that I will be staying in Green Bay for the time being.  Last week was just wearing on me between ex-roommate problems, still a bit of post race depression since I really haven't set a more recent goal, work, and a whole new problem, well it isn't exactly a problem.  Friday I was able to go see a friend/crush/bf/untitled guy of mine for the first time in 3 months.  His name is Greg, maybe you remember me talking about him but he is working as an electrical engineer.  He was in the area for the tour stop of Poison.  It was so nice to see him because I haven't seen him in a while and we haven't nearly been able to talk as much as we normally because he has been so busy.  Well, he has obviously been missing me too by the welcome I got and we just spent the night talking, getting dinner, doing his laundry and just spending time together.  On my way back on Saturday, after a very hard goodbye, it hit me like a train.... folks, I think I am in love with him and it scares me to death!  I continued to have a meltdown all day and am still just not recovered from it as I am rebalancing all the parts of my life.

woo hoo....love is in the air....I can feel it!! Pammy - you deserve someone who will treat you like the queen you are....hoping this is him...but if not...like Emerson said....you will find him...and you will know immediately that he is the guy! I know I was lucky enough to find my prince charming! he still is too....after 27 years! love is a grand thing...! good luck girl and keep us posted!

2008-08-05 5:16 PM
in reply to: #1583206

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-08-05 2:21 PM
crea0029 - 2008-08-04 3:13 PM

Well where do I start? Work is going well. I am starting to work on a budget and unfortunately it is looking like money will be really short unless I find a supplemental income. Work itself is pretty good... the management is driving me nuts, but I am really doing the job for the clients so that is going well. School starts up again in a few weeks but it looks like since I have the full time job that I will be staying in Green Bay for the time being. Last week was just wearing on me between ex-roommate problems, still a bit of post race depression since I really haven't set a more recent goal, work, and a whole new problem, well it isn't exactly a problem. Friday I was able to go see a friend/crush/bf/untitled guy of mine for the first time in 3 months. His name is Greg, maybe you remember me talking about him but he is working as an electrical engineer. He was in the area for the tour stop of Poison. It was so nice to see him because I haven't seen him in a while and we haven't nearly been able to talk as much as we normally because he has been so busy. Well, he has obviously been missing me too by the welcome I got and we just spent the night talking, getting dinner, doing his laundry and just spending time together. On my way back on Saturday, after a very hard goodbye, it hit me like a train.... folks, I think I am in love with him and it scares me to death! I continued to have a meltdown all day and am still just not recovered from it as I am rebalancing all the parts of my life.

woo hoo....love is in the air....I can feel it!! Pammy - you deserve someone who will treat you like the queen you are....hoping this is him...but if not...like Emerson said....you will find him...and you will know immediately that he is the guy! I know I was lucky enough to find my prince charming! he still is too....after 27 years! love is a grand thing...! good luck girl and keep us posted!

Thank you... it is really hard to know if it is it if you think it feels that way but you have never had it before   I'll keep everyone posted.  I hope to see him early next month when he is between tours... I will have to wait and see  

2008-08-06 8:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Pam,  I like the new photo... You should be proud of what you have been able to do!

Julie, I hope all is well and Amy I hope your week is slowing down. Dee, what's up?  You are usually good for a post and up date.  Eric, I hope the week is good for you after your travel last week.  I forget who asked what airline I used as I was stuck in airports all the time.  Of the last three delays, one was American, one was Delta and One was Comair... well, equal opportunity messups... 

Finely got settled in.  Up early for an hour long ride, I think  I will do hill repeats tomorrow, a brick on Friday and then try out the race on Sunday early.  Going out to dinner with friends every night is not a good set up for early morning training.... But, the is is vacation... Peg and I raise our glasses to all of you, our special family at BT.

I will post more photos tomorrow...

Edited by etknowles 2008-08-06 8:45 PM
2008-08-06 9:19 PM
in reply to: #1579931

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-08-04 11:44 AM

Dee....WHERE ARE YOU! missing you and yes, even your cattle prod! I need to get back in the pool....and noone seems to be helping me! I know you love to whip that tool out...so, where are you!?!?

Quick drive-by posting. How can I pad my post count contribute to meaningful conversations when I don't have any BT time????

Anyway, I believe you requested the beloved cattle prod. So GET IN THAT POOL NOW! Or I'll zap you....

(Cattle Prod ZAP.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Cattle Prod ZAP.jpg (30KB - 19 downloads)

2008-08-06 9:26 PM
in reply to: #1586808

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Dee,  Nice of you to fly by... so, what have you been up to?  EK
2008-08-07 7:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miss, miss and kiss, kiss...I'm out the door. Don't forget me I will return. I need you guys now more than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy
2008-08-09 12:01 PM
in reply to: #1587141

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Hello everyone, just a quick fly by to say hi.... will post photos later... out too much to spend time on computer... I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  EK
2008-08-09 12:21 PM
in reply to: #1586820

User image

Champion
Taser-World
etknowles - 2008-08-06 10:26 PM

Dee, Nice of you to fly by... so, what have you been up to? EK

Work, of course....

And, based upon the enormous posting here, I'm thinking that's where the rest of you are, too.

I vote that we give up our jobs so we can train (and play) all day.

Edited by D001 2008-08-09 12:23 PM
2008-08-09 3:35 PM
in reply to: #1592080

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

D001 - 2008-08-09 12:21 PM
etknowles - 2008-08-06 10:26 PM Dee, Nice of you to fly by... so, what have you been up to? EK
Work, of course.... And, based upon the enormous posting here, I'm thinking that's where the rest of you are, too. I vote that we give up our jobs so we can train (and play) all day.

Well I did get done with a 4 miler race today.  I wish I could train all the time and not have to worry about money.  With the job I interviewed for I would have a heck of a lot more time to train because it is only 3 or 4 days a week... however, there is no way I could afford to live on the salary.

2008-08-09 8:14 PM
in reply to: #1592202

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Just a another quick stop by to say hello...  Been a busy vacation, work slithered in, lots of family fun, lots of good training...  I will stop by again later... a couple of photos...

I have been doing serious preparation for my daily runs and rides... Here is one of my pre-run evening endevours...

2008-08-10 7:52 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Hi everyone,

How's everyone been?  I've spent the past few days doing pretty much nothing but watching the olympics.  Yesterday I ran a 4 miler that went well but today my quads are just absolutely killing me!!  What is everyone else up to this week? 

2008-08-10 9:34 PM
in reply to: #1593194

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Pam,

I hope your quads get better.  Been on vacation.  Just updated my workout logs... Rented a bike here to get in some good workouts.  Have one more ride tomorrow and then I return the bike.  We head home on Tuesday.  Life is a beach...

I now have an album called MVY 08-08

http://www.westchopclubmv.com/

Edited by etknowles 2008-08-10 9:48 PM
2008-08-11 6:23 PM
in reply to: #1593351

User image

Champion
Taser-World
I've been working. Isn't that exciting?

Has anyone heard from Greg? I'm wondering how he's doing... Although, I'm wondering how everyone else is doing, too.

The Olympics rock. Did you see the US 4x100 relay team do their swim last night? Awesome!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73