Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-05-21 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2165587

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Thanks for being a gentleman and asking but no, I am not offended.  I think runners or triathletes for that matter pretty much have no shame.  I have a really good friend who has the most interesting stories.  At the Boston marathon one year, she really had to go to the bathroom right before the race.  (So of course before the start there is a big corral of people.)  She just informed the people around her, squatted and went right there!   

Well since you two ladies have breached the subject of bathroom speek (BvD I hope I dont offend you). I have a small rant. At my work, smaller office type, we have a mens room with 2 sitters, 1 stander, and 2 sinks. There is an unisex bathroom with 1 sitter and a sink on the other side of the office next to the conference room. I have a pretty regular schedule in the mornings. There are 2 guys in the office that will go into the larger bathroom and brush thier teeth. It messes with my groove with someone in there brushiung their teeth while I am doing my thing. I am all for brushing teeth but there!! right then!! why not the single room. Havent these guys seen CSI??? Havent they heard of high velocity splatter and substance transfer? I mean come on. Maybe I am off base but end of rant.

2009-05-21 9:55 AM
in reply to: #2165631

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
See that is why I went into physics, we only have single letters like "c" and numbers to deal with not that hard stuff of verbs, pronouns and nouns. As you guys have seen I am not the person to ask for grammar advice. But I will always take it. Smile

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-05-21 9:48 AM LMAO!  First, I must make one correction... it's spatter, not splatter!  Spatter is both a noun and a verb (describes both what it is, as well as its action), where as splatter is simply a verb...  And yes, although it applies mostly to blood (something I spent years dabbling in), it does have a hershey-squirts application as well!  
oh yeah... CSI ~ I just threw-up a little in my mouth. lol!  moving on...
2009-05-21 10:02 AM
in reply to: #2165650

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Betsy0706 - 2009-05-21 9:53 AM Thanks for being a gentleman and asking but no, I am not offended.  I think runners or triathletes for that matter pretty much have no shame.  I have a really good friend who has the most interesting stories.  At the Boston marathon one year, she really had to go to the bathroom right before the race.  (So of course before the start there is a big corral of people.)  She just informed the people around her, squatted and went right there!   

lol that reminds me of a time a group of us went to a Haunted house in Dallas. Long lines and of course a few beers were had by most. One girl had to #1 pretty bad and the line was long. So 5 of her friends formed a circle around to do block spectators. Well once she started there was some splashing from being on concrete. You have never seen 5 girls run in 5 directions faster and screeming. Of course that caught everyones attention and guess who was left squatting mid flow for everyone too see.
2009-05-21 10:14 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Master
New York, NY
Well, while we're still on the subject, there's a question/issue that's been running through my mind.  I have a tiny bladder.  During the HIM I'm almost sure I'm going to have to pee during the bike.  I've never been one to stop mid-race to pee....I always hold it.  But I don't know if I can finish the remainder of the bike and run a half-mary with a full bladder.  Have you guys ever pee'd on the bike??
2009-05-21 10:17 AM
in reply to: #2165685

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
HAHAHA!  Guess they didn't think of that!

lol that reminds me of a time a group of us went to a Haunted house in Dallas. Long lines and of course a few beers were had by most. One girl had to #1 pretty bad and the line was long. So 5 of her friends formed a circle around to do block spectators. Well once she started there was some splashing from being on concrete. You have never seen 5 girls run in 5 directions faster and screeming. Of course that caught everyones attention and guess who was left squatting mid flow for everyone too see.
2009-05-21 10:17 AM

User image

Master
Houston
LMAO!

I'm with you on the grammer too Todd, I'm impressed that you listed a pronoun. Thankfully google told me what one was

Newtons1st - 2009-05-21 10:02 AM
Betsy0706 - 2009-05-21 9:53 AM Thanks for being a gentleman and asking but no, I am not offended.  I think runners or triathletes for that matter pretty much have no shame.  I have a really good friend who has the most interesting stories.  At the Boston marathon one year, she really had to go to the bathroom right before the race.  (So of course before the start there is a big corral of people.)  She just informed the people around her, squatted and went right there!   

2009-05-21 10:18 AM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
This might be the funniest frickin' story line yet!  Even better than the swimmy suits!  I agree with the no shame part...  I was in starbucks a few weeks back and there were some cyclists on the road that ran right by the store... rather than stop in and use their facilities... TWO gals, dropped trou on the side of the road, on the edge of the ditch, in clear view of the SB's and did their thing... pulled up the ol' bike shorts and joined their group... just thought it was odd.

My first couple half-mary experiences (Houston & Austin) were littered with runners just breaking off on certain parts of the course and watering the grass... a lot more women that I would have ever thought... now, I don't even notice that type of business anymore...just part of it.
2009-05-21 10:19 AM
in reply to: #2165715

User image

Master
Houston
I have tried but failed.  Honestly this is where practice makes perfect I have friends that practice during long bikes casue they know it'll happen come race day...

KelliD - 2009-05-21 10:14 AM Well, while we're still on the subject, there's a question/issue that's been running through my mind.  I have a tiny bladder.  During the HIM I'm almost sure I'm going to have to pee during the bike.  I've never been one to stop mid-race to pee....I always hold it.  But I don't know if I can finish the remainder of the bike and run a half-mary with a full bladder.  Have you guys ever pee'd on the bike??
2009-05-21 10:26 AM
in reply to: #2165731

User image

Master
New York, NY
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-05-21 11:18 AM This might be the funniest frickin' story line yet!  Even better than the swimmy suits!  I agree with the no shame part...  I was in starbucks a few weeks back and there were some cyclists on the road that ran right by the store... rather than stop in and use their facilities... TWO gals, dropped trou on the side of the road, on the edge of the ditch, in clear view of the SB's and did their thing... pulled up the ol' bike shorts and joined their group... just thought it was odd.

My first couple half-mary experiences (Houston & Austin) were littered with runners just breaking off on certain parts of the course and watering the grass... a lot more women that I would have ever thought... now, I don't even notice that type of business anymore...just part of it.

Ok, this one I just don't get....you're right outside the damn SBux....just take the 2 minutes & go inside to use the bathroom!
2009-05-21 10:31 AM

User image

Yeah, I am with Eric on this one... I tried to on the bike for Ironstar HIM, and it was just enough to releive some pressure but it was not an emptying effort.  (Finished the job after 1 mile into the run - frickin' pee'd for what seemed like 10 minutes)  The pressure on the boys for male riders is a little different than the girly bits... so that may have something to do with the ease of it.

I have read on BT as well as Slowtwitch... it is a regular occurance during long course races.  Rinse with a water bottle and catch a hand up bottle at the next refuel!

Side bar ~ I am not a grammer guru by any strech of the imagination, but I am (although not currently active) a Bloodstain Pattern guru... "an afficianado of the dynamics of blood during a forcible blood shed event" and it definitely involves physics more than english... 
2009-05-21 11:14 AM
in reply to: #2165763

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I don't get either Kelli....you are right there...a few feet away.  This makes me think the girls wanted the attention!

I've hard going #1 on the bike requires talent and some great core muscles!  On the run however I would think it would be much easier.  Just grab an extra cup of water at the aid station to "clean off." 

I too have seen people stop at the port a potties during the marathon.  There were alot of them along the course; however, there were these guys who choose not to use them.  Maybe mile 5 or so there was a line of them with their backs facing us.  Nice entertainment.  People were running and laughing at the same time.

KelliD - 2009-05-21 10:26 AM
Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2009-05-21 11:18 AM This might be the funniest frickin' story line yet!  Even better than the swimmy suits!  I agree with the no shame part...  I was in starbucks a few weeks back and there were some cyclists on the road that ran right by the store... rather than stop in and use their facilities... TWO gals, dropped trou on the side of the road, on the edge of the ditch, in clear view of the SB's and did their thing... pulled up the ol' bike shorts and joined their group... just thought it was odd.

Ok, this one I just don't get....you're right outside the damn SBux....just take the 2 minutes & go inside to use the bathroom!

2009-05-21 12:26 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Geez oh petes had I known I was going to miss so much fun I wouldn't have been working today!

LOL at all the stories.

Kelli, I have peed on my bike during races before, and once on a long ride two summers ago.  I honestly didn't find it to be all that difficult.  Most of the time I try to do it on a downhill and also try to make sure no one is sucking my wheel, as that could get messy.  I've had the most success with standing up, feet at 3 and 9 I guess, and then just trying to relax.

But I have absolutely no blatter anxiety at all...

I would suggest you practice... but seeing as you bike primarily in bbusy New York that might be interesting. 
2009-05-21 12:29 PM
in reply to: #2165587

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Newtons1st - 2009-05-21 10:35 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-05-21 7:35 AM
Kelli, my husband (and heck, my friends) are always appaled by how open I am about my gastrointestinal issues.  I guess when I was a kid I took the book "everybody poops" really really literally.

Well since you two ladies have breached the subject of bathroom speek (BvD I hope I dont offend you). I have a small rant. At my work, smaller office type, we have a mens room with 2 sitters, 1 stander, and 2 sinks. There is an unisex bathroom with 1 sitter and a sink on the other side of the office next to the conference room. I have a pretty regular schedule in the mornings. There are 2 guys in the office that will go into the larger bathroom and brush thier teeth. It messes with my groove with someone in there brushiung their teeth while I am doing my thing. I am all for brushing teeth but there!! right then!! why not the single room. Havent these guys seen CSI??? Havent they heard of high velocity splatter and substance transfer? I mean come on. Maybe I am off base but end of rant.

That's freaking funny.

We actually have a crapping bathroom at work.  It's a unisex single stall deal, and it's just universally know that is the only thing that bathroom is used for.  If someone goes in there, they're going to poo.

If you go in there right after someone else, it's going to smell like poo.

And if you use the last of the TP, for the love of god tell somebody or get some more, otherwise you're leaving someone poo stranded.
2009-05-21 12:35 PM
in reply to: #2165715

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
KelliD - 2009-05-21 10:14 AM Well, while we're still on the subject, there's a question/issue that's been running through my mind.  I have a tiny bladder.  During the HIM I'm almost sure I'm going to have to pee during the bike.  I've never been one to stop mid-race to pee....I always hold it.  But I don't know if I can finish the remainder of the bike and run a half-mary with a full bladder.  Have you guys ever pee'd on the bike??

You mean while riding right??

Just release the hounds and let he pee flow!!
2009-05-21 12:46 PM
in reply to: #2166144

User image

Master
Houston
LOL! Maybe that's what I need to start doing at the picnic loop to get those damn wheel suckers off me!

Nicole83 - 2009-05-21 12:26 PM Geez oh petes had I known I was going to miss so much fun I wouldn't have been working today!

LOL at all the stories.

Kelli, I have peed on my bike during races before, and once on a long ride two summers ago.  I honestly didn't find it to be all that difficult.  Most of the time I try to do it on a downhill and also try to make sure no one is sucking my wheel, as that could get messy.  I've had the most success with standing up, feet at 3 and 9 I guess, and then just trying to relax.

I would suggest you practice... but seeing as you bike primarily in bbusy New York that might be interesting. 
2009-05-21 12:47 PM
in reply to: #2166218

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Sure.  I also hear snot rockets work wonders.

evondo - 2009-05-21 1:46 PM LOL! Maybe that's what I need to start doing at the picnic loop to get those damn wheel suckers off me!

Nicole83 - 2009-05-21 12:26 PM Geez oh petes had I known I was going to miss so much fun I wouldn't have been working today!

LOL at all the stories.

2009-05-21 1:00 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
This totally reminds me....did I tell you guys how I nearly got puked on at the race last weekend??
2009-05-21 1:01 PM
in reply to: #2166222

User image

Master
Houston
I've tried the snot rockets, works for some but not others. I think your method should work for everyone Of course there is a bathroom no more than 1mi away since it's a 1mi loop so people might get a little pissed...

Nicole83 - 2009-05-21 12:47 PM Sure.  I also hear snot rockets work wonders.

evondo - 2009-05-21 1:46 PM LOL! Maybe that's what I need to start doing at the picnic loop to get those damn wheel suckers off me!

LOL at all the stories.

2009-05-21 1:01 PM
in reply to: #2166270

User image

KelliD - 2009-05-21 1:00 PM This totally reminds me....did I tell you guys how I nearly got puked on at the race last weekend??

Uh no, you managed to leave out that little nugget of possible entertainment from the forums or your RR....  Deprive us no more!  Share with the group please!
2009-05-21 1:03 PM
in reply to: #2166270

User image

Master
Houston
How did that not make the race report!?!??!?!

KelliD - 2009-05-21 1:00 PM This totally reminds me....did I tell you guys how I nearly got puked on at the race last weekend??
2009-05-21 1:03 PM
in reply to: #2166273

User image

off that they got pissed on... that's good clean fun right there!

evondo - 2009-05-21 1:01 PM I've tried the snot rockets, works for some but not others. I think your method should work for everyone Of course there is a bathroom no more than 1mi away since it's a 1mi loop so people might get a little pissed...

Nicole83 - 2009-05-21 12:47 PM Sure.  I also hear snot rockets work wonders.

LOL at all the stories.

2009-05-21 1:04 PM
in reply to: #2166282

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
evondo - 2009-05-21 2:03 PM How did that not make the race report!?!??!?!

2009-05-21 1:04 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Right?!  That sounds entertaining!

Edited by Nicole83 2009-05-21 1:04 PM
2009-05-21 1:15 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
I think I started adding to the RR, got side tracked and forgot to go back and add it in.

2009-05-21 1:28 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
If you remember, on the bike course there's a nice 1 mile descent....few hills leading up to said descent.  In additional to the oly there was also a HIM going on.  Nearly to the top of the final climb before the descent, and a HIM guy fully decked out with a sweet bike, aero helmet & awesome trisuit, whizzes up the hill past me but then moves right and slows...still moving faster than me though.  I really want to hammer to the top to I can take off when I hit the downhill, but I'm sure what aero-dude is up to in front of me so I'm feeling a hesitant about passing.  Toy with the idea "to pass" or "not to pass" for a few seconds.....decide to sit in the back seat for a few more seconds thinking he's going to take off at "c" speed the second we crest the hill.  Best. idea. ever.  Next thing you know aero-dude leans left and lets out a projectile wave of orange!  I missed getting showered in puke by about 6 inches!  Then, as I pass him (on the left), he leans right and pukes again.  Props to him for riding through it though!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137