BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2010-01-10 10:17 AM
in reply to: #2578050

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Subject: RE: Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED
Hey, all -

I was having a great week until I ran into another obstacle. The weekend. I know what to eat when we go out, and I generally make good choices, but it is SOOOOO hard. (I also like to have a glass of wine or 3 with dinner when we're out. I can budget for the wine when we're at home, but it's harder at a restaurant when I don't have the cal counts in front of me right there.)

Hopefully the slide this weekend won't put me too far backwards.

On a happy note, I seem to have found my workout mojo. I really enjoyed my training sessions this week and am getting ready to go for a crazy cold run outside this afternoon. Brrrrrr.

2010-01-10 2:37 PM

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Daniel here...

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

I tried really hard to add up the weight loss but instead of frustrating myself trying to count the total number of pounds for the our group I decided to use 15 as a figure.  15 pounds x 5 minutes per pound = 75 minutes...

Anyway, I just finished 75 minutes on the elliptical - first of three extra elliptical workouts this week.  Thank goodness for playoff football.  Thanks for the extra push for my workout...  We are all going to reach our goals!

BTW... after spin class I swam 40 lengths - 1000 yards.  The farthest I swam last year was 30 lengths or 750 yards.  I felt so comfortable.  The weight loss and pilates is really helping me...

Daniel
2010-01-10 6:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
Hello, all.  Another new week is upon us!
Weigh in day for me tomorrow after work.....we shall see how that goes. Had  A LOT of outdoor physical activity this weekend, including a 6.2 mile 2 hour snow shoe this morning....so hoping to have logged a loss--- though I was a bit reckless with snacking earlier in the week.....so we shall see how that works out!

This week will include the start of a new T/Th kickboxing class and hopefully 2 outdoor runs in the daylight since I am going into work late two mornings due to some other commitments....also hope to do some bike workouts. Looking to get back into the pool (or should I say try the endless pool as I believe the college pool is still closed.) Hopefully, that will happen this weekend. Tomorrow morning will be my standard weigh-in day pound shredding stair master followed by Expresso ride!

Happy (almost) Monday to all!

2010-01-10 6:28 PM
in reply to: #2605847

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
enders_shadow - 2010-01-10 10:17 AM Hey, all - I was having a great week until I ran into another obstacle. The weekend. I know what to eat when we go out, and I generally make good choices, but it is SOOOOO hard. (I also like to have a glass of wine or 3 with dinner when we're out. I can budget for the wine when we're at home, but it's harder at a restaurant when I don't have the cal counts in front of me right there.) Hopefully the slide this weekend won't put me too far backwards. On a happy note, I seem to have found my workout mojo. I really enjoyed my training sessions this week and am getting ready to go for a crazy cold run outside this afternoon. Brrrrrr.

Don't let it derail you--- just get back into the game and carry on!
2010-01-10 6:30 PM

User image

Louisiana

Great work Daniel on the weight loss, and the rest on staying with the program. I've waded thru records this weekend, and I'm almost through! Going to electronic records is kicking me. Anyway, I wanted to pop in and ask everyone to list their goals for this week. Then, let's compare notes and see if we met them.

Here's mine: 3 runs and chart my points. Pretty simple.

What's yours?

2010-01-10 7:43 PM
in reply to: #2606432

Freeland
For the week:

Mon:  Weights and swim
Tues:  Bike (trainer for 30 to 45 min)
Wed: Run or Rest
Thu: Weights and Run
Fri: Run or Trainer
Sat: ?
Sun: Run or trainer

Write down what I eat all week. 

2010-01-11 1:10 AM

Seattle
HI Everyone. Just waded through the posts from when I was last on (at least I wasn't as surprised as enders, who was like 5 pages behind Cool).   I have 2 trainer days this week then off to what I hope is sunny Morocco.   My goal for the week is to do a 3 mile walk/run aside from the 2 trainer days before I leave.   Then I will do my best to follow my podcasts couch to 5k while I'm gone.  I have been stuck at week 4 not being able to complete the 5 min running intervals (i slow it down to a fast walk so I'm still at a higher speed) so I figure

I better work through that before i move on.  Got my charger so I can charge the zune and keep it up.

Keep up the good work everyone.   We are all going to be in such great shape when the training is over.  But then again, is the training really ever over???  Hope not. I like you guys. Smile

Maggie
2010-01-11 7:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
My goals for the week:

P90x 3x
2 outdoor runs- one 3 and one 4 miles
one good xc ski or snowshoe
kickboxing 2x
one 50 minute bike ride

I also would like to food journal everything I eat this week.
2010-01-11 9:54 AM

Veteran
Howdy all-

I like Mondays when everyone checks back in with successes and challenges.  =)

My weekday workouts have been great and easy to work in to my life.  My bag is packed and I go to the gym on my lunch hour 4 days per week.  But the weekend, ugh!  In theory, I have more time and should therefore not have a problem fitting in the training.  Yet, the weekend is a lot more unstructured and I never get to it!  Soooo, my goal for this week is really for the weekend - one long ride and one short run over the two days.  Thanks for keeping me honest.

Keep up the good work all!  Marla
2010-01-11 10:14 AM

User image

Champion
Here are my goals for the week:

* Ride or run x 6; swim x 2; weights x 2 (Run/ride - 0, swim - 0, weights - 0)
* Log food AND nutrition...watch the numbers
* Aim for < 1700 cals (except weekends)
* Maintain the diet Pepsi/white sugar/fake sugar embargo

I did pretty well - missed a strength training session last week and was a little high in calories a couple days (hence the new goal of <1700).
2010-01-11 6:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
OMG-- so excited-- weigh in was 2.5 pound loss!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

It's a happy day.

2010-01-11 6:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
TIP OF THE DAY!

Reintroduce yourself to Canadian Bacon at your breakfast table. FOUR slices is a total of 60 calories and 1.5 grams of fat! A lean source of protein that makes your breakfast SING!
2010-01-11 8:03 PM

Veteran
Amy -
Way to go!!  That is such a good feeling.  Keep up the hard work.  =)
2010-01-11 11:00 PM

Freeland
Well I missed Monday workouts due to I had to fix the exhaust on my car and then had to sleep for work tonight.  We will see how Tuesday and Wednesday.  I know I need more sleep but have trouble getting it. 

Good news, the wife bought a couple of workout videos.  She did one tonight and said it was really good and was a great workout.  So I will have to try it out.

Hope evrybody does well this week in their training and nutrition.

Jon
2010-01-12 11:25 AM

Regular
Show Low, Arizona
This week's goals:

Monday: Lift, Run
Tues: Swim, Bike
Wed: Lift, Run
Thurs: Swim, Bike
Fri: Lift, Run
Sat: Long Bike or Rest
Sun: Long Run
2010-01-12 11:49 PM

Seattle
good work amy.
I'm really impressed with everyone's week goals.  I will be trying to get 3 days of runs in each week, continuing my podcast training.  I will report in when I can.  I'm pretty sure that this will be my last post until I'm settled in Morocco.   Go for peeps.  You can do it.

Maggie

2010-01-13 1:52 PM

User image

Champion
Down 1.2 pounds this week (170 on 1/1; 166 last Wednesday; 164.8 today).

Little bit of crazy-ness going on at Chez Enders...I might be MIA for a few days.
2010-01-13 5:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Lancaster, PA
Home sweet home! Just got back.. slopes were great but extremely cold. Thankfully no injuries!
This is my slow week, and have surgery tomorrow, so no real goals.  I think I burned some cals on the way down the mountain anyways.
Good work with the weight loss everybody!! Smile

Fernando 
2010-01-14 6:52 AM

Freeland
Good morning everybody, Have not had a good week as far as excersise is concerned.  BUT I am down to 257 lbs.  Lost another 4.5 lbs.  I was shocked.  I was planning on going to the gym this morning but my 2.5 yr old woke about 2 am yelling and calling for me.  So I was too tired.  Will try again tomorrow morning.  Hope everybody is doing well.

Jon
2010-01-15 9:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Lancaster, PA
Hi everybody. Group has gone kind of quiet suddenly. Hope everybody is OK and still burning away those #s. I went out for a bike ride this am, temp is a comfortable 32. Will go again around noon, supposed to hit 45!! (Tropical). Fernando. PS: I hear you twylite, those EMRs can be a pain, worse than a bad saddle.
2010-01-15 9:54 AM

Veteran
It has been quiet!  Yesterday was my "rest" day, which still makes me antsy.  I know rest and recovery are important, but I feel like I should be doing something.  (Not like I am hanging out on the couch all day - life's still pretty darm busy!)

My plan for today is light bike workout, and then a run tomorrow.  It's supposed to be in the balmy 40s here, so I think I will have hubby drop me off in the center of town so I can run the 3 miles home.  He thinks that idea is hilarious.  Then a long ride on Sunday. 

I feel great, but I would really like to see the numbers go down a little.  That's been frustrating.  I know I am eating the right things.  The only thing that I can think of is that I am eating too much of the right things.  Hopefully the swim starting next week will help there as well. 

Joy to all. Marla

2010-01-15 3:31 PM

User image

Champion
Hey, all - I have some stuff going on at home, so I'm going to be underground for a bit. I'll try to pop in when I can.
2010-01-16 7:40 AM

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Daniel here...

Just home from my 6:30 Saturday morning WW meeting and weigh in.  I am down again - 4 weeks in a row.  I lost 1.4 pounds - down to 244.  In 13 weeks on WW I have lost 12.6 pounds.

I am feeling great, my body is really changing but the weight loss is very very slow.

I met my two goals this week.
1)  I tracked EVERYTHING I ate and
2)  I finished every workout I had planned...  (3 Upper body weights, 2 swims, 2 pilates, 3 spin classes 3 30 minute elliptical sessions... I even completed my 3 extra 75 minute elliptical sessions for the group workout. 

The results are positive - just very slow.  My goal through the end of March is to lose 16.5 pounds  (1.5 pounds per week and be under 230.)  Two weeks into our contest I have lost 2.4 pounds (I am already .6 pounds behind...)  I have never been on a diet before but it just seems like my goals of 1.5 pounds weight loss per week may be unrealistic...  In 13 weeks on WW I am averaging .9 weight loss per week. 

I have a nutritionist at the health club and she supports what I am eat. 

Thanks for any input.

Daniel
2010-01-16 2:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Lancaster, PA
Great job! Patience will pay off.

Edited by guticur 2010-01-16 2:00 PM
2010-01-16 3:02 PM

Veteran
Way to go Daniel!  Both in the goal-meeting and the weight loss!  I can totally relate to how slowly things are going, weight-wise.  But I think the body changing part is Key!  I just ran 3 miles and it felt so different then a month ago.  It felt good!  And I realized that I am so geeky, because I come in and log my training here before I even stretch!  Ha!  Keep up the hard work!  Marla
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Twylite's Trying for weight loss group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 12