Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Betsy's Group - FULL
great job (now write your RR!)
2007-02-19 3:26 PM
in reply to: #633528

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

okay.. maybe it was fated that I didn't train yesterday considering all Shef's and Cbirch's mishaps! Well.. big hugs to both of you for having to over-endure some tough obstacles, injuries, and unfortunate mishaps. i guess we will all learn from this .

Birch-- I agree it sucks! that they didn't have your course well staffed/marked... in fact I totally encourage you to write a letter of complaint to not only your race director, but to the local paper of the city in which it was held; obviously it was poor enough for multiple people to not realize the glitch. There's no excuse for that and it not only hurt your time, but could have put you and others in danger... being off course, etc. There will be a next time! and maybe i dunno the timing gods will work in your favor and accidentally shave off time in a race in the future? hehee . I'm uber-competitive too... so I know you have to just be boiling about this. I helped staff an ironman race in my area one year where they didn't properly staff or mark the all of the run course. One poor man who was a senior citizen no less... went a little over a mile out of his way on the run course!... but he finished at midnight!  on the bright side ... at least you finished.

Shef--- i feel your pain too! time + ice + neosporin + vitamin e caps. & or heat... or both? lol..and maybe a few mimosas to help too? I'm sure you'll see a clip-incident up here for me sometime soon this summer as i am accident prone + i haven't gotten cycling shoes yet, but willl soon and will be trying my clip pedals out. I once had the "brainiac" notion to catch up w/ my dog on my mtn bike and gained some MEGA roadrash.. so believe me I know how achy you must feel. I'm betting that the car + pack factore was extremely scary. Luckily you were surrounded by good folks.. AND you finished!

2007-02-19 3:47 PM

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

your tri -video inspiration for the day is here ! i came across this clip on youtube last week...it's great!... the tri girl kicks @ss.  -- two segements in one clip.. first the guy's race then the gals. it's g-rated and completely inspiring :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdgGJ5vQpcY

2007-02-19 5:27 PM

Ok I see some of us had a great weekend and others need some cheering up! See the best thing about our group.....we are always here for each other. Just listening to the stories that you all told about your weekend, inspire me. I have not run a race yet, and I envy the times all of you had. I am trying hard and today I biked then ran....I died on the treadmill. But hey I will do it again. Just like all of you I will wake up tommorrow, look in the mirror, and begin a new day. And everyday we learn from the day before.

Betsy- You rock.....good job on the half marathon. And thanks for running this group.

Cbirch- It does suck, but you are awsome. Without your motivation and leadership, the others in your group wouldn't have done so well. Heck they may not have even raced that race. Your awsome, I would race with you anytime.......

Shefner- I hate stumbling in front of others, in fact, the other day at work I did the same thing. We were standing at an industrial building on a fire alarm. I am a Lieutenant the boss of the crew...or at least they let me think that. And before I knew it I was on my face. Full fire gear...air pack....helmet. Fortuantely I didnt have an axe or tool in my hand. My fire helmet cut my bald head. I knew I was walking on ice but i guess not careful enough.Try to live that down in the firehouse. **** happens as we all know.

Our Group Rocks......So lets all get back to our routine and hang in there. New day....new training....new race......and your same friends will be cheering for you and being there for you...me included..xoxoxoxoxox.....thanks for being my inspiration

2007-02-19 5:36 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by betsy 2007-02-19 5:38 PM

2007-02-20 10:01 AM
in reply to: #695980

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

betsy - 2007-02-19 4:20 PM I did it...On Sunday I made my PR goal at Gasparilla 1/2 marathon...I finished in 1:49:30!

WHOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOP! i

2007-02-20 10:01 AM
in reply to: #695980

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

betsy - 2007-02-19 4:20 PM I did it...On Sunday I made my PR goal at Gasparilla 1/2 marathon...I finished in 1:49:30!

WHOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOP! i am so proud! of you! you were booking it gal! i am off to read your race report

Edited by ifocus 2007-02-20 10:02 AM
2007-02-20 11:00 PM

Ok group.....we are being way toooooo quiet here. Where is that spunk .....lol.......hope everyone had a great Tuesday !!!!! Did I tell you I hold some season tickets to the Cubs, anyone want to come to Chicago and watch this years World Champion Cubs.....lol.  I could leave my wife at home and take some girlfriends with....lol......ooops I forgot she gets this thread too!!!!

2007-02-21 9:16 AM

Regular
WAY TO GO BECKY...MY HERO!!!!

This has been a tough week to try and work in some training. I worked 14 hours Monday and 12 on Tuesday. I thought for sure the hotel would have a gym but it didn't open until 6:30. I started teaching at 7:00 each morning so that didn't work for me. I arrived home late last night and decided it was more important to spend some time with my kids this morning instead of hitting the gym. Anyway, I'll be back at it tomorrow, bruised knees and all!

Eric, I would love to go to a Cubs game but not sure my husband would go for it....he would want to go instead!

2007-02-21 5:21 PM

2007-02-21 5:58 PM

Champion
Wisconsin

who's becky?

2007-02-22 7:20 AM
in reply to: #698613

2007-02-22 8:14 AM

Regular
My bad...I have a dear friend named Becky and when my fingers are typing away sometimes my brain is not engaged! Sorry about that!
2007-02-22 8:43 AM
in reply to: #698958

Champion
Wisconsin

I don't need no stinking mentor! I am already very very good at my events. The best even, in the world, in the fine art of napping. I excel in the singles division, but can occasionally be competitive in the doubles division....

betsy - 2007-02-22 7:20 AM
possum - 2007-02-21 6:58 PM

who's becky?

I get that from clients that I have been working on there stuff for 15 years and they know my name is Betsy...they are always like "did I just call you Becky?"

Do you want to join our little team here??? I can be your mentor too

Edited by possum 2007-02-22 8:44 AM
2007-02-22 11:31 AM

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
my post for yest's training:

ok... i am a total dork, ...but maybe it was divine intervention?

I wasn't much in the mood to cycle yesterday because the weather was nice i felt like running.... so i thought.. what the heck i'll switch it up and run the trails outside of my gym; got a nice map from the front desk peeps... go in the locker room..

• problem# 1: didn't pack the sports bra. ok.. not the best thing in the world, but livable.
  • problem# 2: didn't pack tennis shoes. ok... this is a problem...i have a choice of flip flops or black dansko clogs.

Thus.... I changed to cycling indoors... while wearing flipflops... i'm sure i got some weird looks but oh well. better than nothing; on the positive side.... it poured down raining while I was indoors cycling.. so maybe it was a great thing aferall... or i'd of been a drowned little rat outdoors. this is how my life goes. i'm like the accidental-medium.

2007-02-22 1:08 PM
in reply to: #699365

2007-02-23 7:22 AM

2007-02-23 3:32 PM

Hi Everyone!

I feel so bad about not keeping up with the blog/mentor group, with my training log and with my training! I've had a tough couple of weeks both at work and with personal illness. But I'm back and will log my trainings soon.

My latest "trial" is figuring out how to up the number of workouts a week. It seems like I'm stuck on 2 workouts for each and I'm not really progressing with that schedule. Any tips?

Congrats to everyone who's keeping up with the training and participating in races. You are inspiring!!!

Rene
2007-02-24 9:47 AM
in reply to: #701222

2007-02-24 12:25 PM

Regular
I completed a brick this morning and it felt GREAT. The best part is I didn't fall on my bike!!! I'm feeling much more confident clipping in and out it's getting easier. I'll admit that my legs were really shaky after an hour ride but I pushed through a 2.5 run/walk. The sense of accomplishment when I finished was AWESOME, in fact when I came around the corner my kids and husband were cheering me on! I think I'm hooked and I now get the Tri-feeling!

2007-02-24 12:40 PM
in reply to: #701884

2007-02-24 1:47 PM
in reply to: #701891

HI EVERYONE!!!!

Sorry that I've been absent lately---I should have told yall what was up: I'm about to graduate college (in August) so I've got Senioritis and a couple weeks ago I totally bombed a test and realized that I'll have the rest of my life to train for tris but only this one last real semester to not fail out of college, lol. So, I've been "training" with my books for the past couple weeks---paid off too, rocked this other test earlier this week!!

Anyways, I have been training as well--just not logging. See, I'm on this site and www.myfooddiary.com (WHICH IS AMAZING) to keep track of all the crap I eat and I just got so obsessed with logging and forum reading all the time that I wasn't really training OR studying---Or even paying attention to my boyfriend...he had to sit me down and be like "look, i know you're enjoying all this and gaining from it but all you do is sit at the computer" so yeah...I took a break. I'm going to be a once-a-week kinda girl I think since I do use a paper training log as well.

I've been running running running!!! I've done several 4 to 5 mile runs the past couple weeks---all with Alex (said boyfriend) and they have been so much fun. I'm so proud of myself---I have not been swimming but its really because of logistics with the gym! Its so hard for me to get there between certain hours when students can park in the deck (its the school gym and its amazing but such a hassle---but its paid for so whatever). I guess the point is that I've got graduation looming, a study abroad trip this whole summer which is really stressful for plane tickets, someone to take care of my dog, packing, finding a job BEFORE I LEAVE!, etc. to top it all off, I wait tables and bartend 3-4 shifts a week lately and yeah...I've just been busy.

Its also SO COLD!!! The past few days have been nice and Alex and I have gone riding a couple times and I almost always do bricks when I get off my bike (again, I'm loving running!). So at least I'm doing that.

Anyways, I'm more-or-less following my training schedule but really trying to graduate and get my LIFE together. I can't wait to have a good steady job that gives my life some routine so that I can have a better "plan".

Sorry that I've been gone, I missed yall! Great job betsy on your 1/2--I'm super impressed.

-Jessie
2007-02-24 6:04 PM

2007-02-25 1:00 PM

Champion
Wisconsin

dear coach betsy,

does shoveling snow count as cross training?

ok, so take a look at my logs, and tel me truthfully how soon I could be ready to do a marathon (assuming good health, and no other tris to distract.

The one I ran in 99, I was 30 lbs lighter, 8 years younger blah blah, but I ran/walked it in 4:20 and change .

Thi sis all hypothetica, of course.. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Betsy's Tri-BAMFs Rss Feed  

of 27