BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2008-09-11 6:49 PM
in reply to: #1088860

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS

It is great to be back in Sunny AZ!!!

2008-09-11 7:25 PM
in reply to: #1668933

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
etknowles - 2008-09-11 6:49 PM

It is great to be back in Sunny AZ!!!

Please tell me that isn't a current picture 

2008-09-11 8:53 PM
in reply to: #1668925

User image

Champion
Taser-World
etknowles - 2008-09-11 7:47 PM

D001 - 2008-09-11 1:41 AM
etknowles - 2008-09-07 7:56 AM Dee, what is with the new image. It looks like an electric leg shaver??
*grumble* ^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's a taser. For my current challenge team: Whips, Cattle Prods and Tiaras. Although, we've all gotten into tasers now, so it should probably be called Whips, Cattle Prods and Tiaras, Tasers.

Dee, it still looks like a razer.... Who ever heard of color coordinated tasers???

Tsk, tsk. You've fallen behind on the latest trends in taser fashion.

2008-09-15 10:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Yes Pam, it is a joke photo of the house in the snow... That was last winter. 

Well guys, I went and did it... I signed up for my first HIM.  Oceanside next April.

You guys lead the way, I will follow... back later, Emerson

2008-09-16 9:09 PM
in reply to: #1676344

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
etknowles - 2008-09-15 10:47 PM

Well guys, I went and did it... I signed up for my first HIM. Oceanside next April.

Emerson!!!  Congrats!!!  That is huge... I am so excited for you.  I'll be happy to watch you train towards your goal! 

2008-09-22 7:58 AM

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
It's been a pretty screwed up weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap and didn't race Cane Creek. Sinuses were stopped up and I couldn't breath.   I was sitting around the house yesterday afternoon when the phone rang.  It was a number I didn't recognize so I almost didn't answer it but Karen had gone out for a bike ride.  The guy tells me that he's with Karen on the side of the ride and they're not sure if she got hit by a car.  Throw all the kids in the car and head to the scene (only a mile from the house). As we're coming up our road towards Hwy 49, I see the Cabarrus EMS truck go screaming by. Get up there and they are putting Karen in a collar and on a backboard. She's pretty out of it but doesn't seem to have any major obvious injuries.  We end up spending about 3.5 hrs at the ED getting xrays and CT scans.  No major injuries, just a serious bell ringing.  Helmet and Road ID do their work yet again!!  A car apparently ran up behind her and basically ran into her rear wheel.  It threw her into the ditch. Amazingly, she and the bike barely have a scratch on them. Karen's elbows got a little chewed up but other than that she's good.

2008-09-22 7:45 PM
in reply to: #1687620

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

medic0020 - 2008-09-22 7:58 AM It's been a pretty screwed up weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap and didn't race Cane Creek. Sinuses were stopped up and I couldn't breath. I was sitting around the house yesterday afternoon when the phone rang. It was a number I didn't recognize so I almost didn't answer it but Karen had gone out for a bike ride. The guy tells me that he's with Karen on the side of the ride and they're not sure if she got hit by a car. Throw all the kids in the car and head to the scene (only a mile from the house). As we're coming up our road towards Hwy 49, I see the Cabarrus EMS truck go screaming by. Get up there and they are putting Karen in a collar and on a backboard. She's pretty out of it but doesn't seem to have any major obvious injuries. We end up spending about 3.5 hrs at the ED getting xrays and CT scans. No major injuries, just a serious bell ringing. Helmet and Road ID do their work yet again!! A car apparently ran up behind her and basically ran into her rear wheel. It threw her into the ditch. Amazingly, she and the bike barely have a scratch on them. Karen's elbows got a little chewed up but other than that she's good.

Oh my Eric, I'm glad she is okay!!!  I can imagine with your profession all the bad things that were running through your mind.  How is she feeling today?  Take care of the both of you!! 

2008-09-23 9:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

medic0020 - 2008-09-22 5:58 AM It's been a pretty screwed up weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap and didn't race Cane Creek. Sinuses were stopped up and I couldn't breath.   I was sitting around the house yesterday afternoon when the phone rang.  It was a number I didn't recognize so I almost didn't answer it but Karen had gone out for a bike ride.  The guy tells me that he's with Karen on the side of the ride and they're not sure if she got hit by a car.  Throw all the kids in the car and head to the scene (only a mile from the house). As we're coming up our road towards Hwy 49, I see the Cabarrus EMS truck go screaming by. Get up there and they are putting Karen in a collar and on a backboard. She's pretty out of it but doesn't seem to have any major obvious injuries.  We end up spending about 3.5 hrs at the ED getting xrays and CT scans.  No major injuries, just a serious bell ringing.  Helmet and Road ID do their work yet again!!  A car apparently ran up behind her and basically ran into her rear wheel.  It threw her into the ditch. Amazingly, she and the bike barely have a scratch on them. Karen's elbows got a little chewed up but other than that she's good.

What a heart stopper!  Your story began to pull my heart as I went through it.  I am thankful that Karen is well and the story has a happy ending.  Now you both can take a day of rest!  In our prayers for a fast recovery.  EK

2008-09-23 7:32 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
Yeah Emerson! I can come cheer you on!!!!

etknowles - 2008-09-15 8:47 PM

Well guys, I went and did it... I signed up for my first HIM.  Oceanside next April.

2008-09-23 7:36 PM

Extreme Veteran
El Cajon, Ca
I am so glad she is ok. I still have never ridden my bike on the road, except in races. When I do ride, it is few and far between these days, I ride at a local lake. Drivers just do not pay enough attention. Take good care of her.

medic0020 - 2008-09-22 5:58 AM

It's been a pretty screwed up weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap and didn't race Cane Creek. Sinuses were stopped up and I couldn't breath.   I was sitting around the house yesterday afternoon when the phone rang.  It was a number I didn't recognize so I almost didn't answer it but Karen had gone out for a bike ride.  The guy tells me that he's with Karen on the side of the ride and they're not sure if she got hit by a car.  Throw all the kids in the car and head to the scene (only a mile from the house). As we're coming up our road towards Hwy 49, I see the Cabarrus EMS truck go screaming by. Get up there and they are putting Karen in a collar and on a backboard. She's pretty out of it but doesn't seem to have any major obvious injuries.  We end up spending about 3.5 hrs at the ED getting xrays and CT scans.  No major injuries, just a serious bell ringing.  Helmet and Road ID do their work yet again!!  A car apparently ran up behind her and basically ran into her rear wheel.  It threw her into the ditch. Amazingly, she and the bike barely have a scratch on them. Karen's elbows got a little chewed up but other than that she's good.
2008-09-30 3:17 AM

User image

Expert
Spring (Houston), TX

Hi everyone,

Yes I'm still here. Eric, glad to hear Karen is OK. There's a 3 mile stretch I have to ride that I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. I get buzzed everytime I'm on that road, but it leads to a wonderland of sweet riding.

Things are good here. The Stef is in the record books and all of the final details are almost complete. I'm getting along very well. Settling into the job. Getting out and having some occasional fun. Getting the kids fed - at least on most days. They all raced in a tri on Saturday. Out of the 3 of them, we had two 3rd place AG finishes - 1 of those was 6th overall. It was a good day for the Johnson Tri Club.

My 12 year old and I are doing a sprint in 2 weeks. I'm just now starting to exercise again. May have come sooner if it weren't for Hurricane Ike. That messed everyone up. Some down here are still without power. I'm nursing a shoulder injury so am hoping I can race. I may have to side stroke the swim. It's only 300 m so should be doable.

I hope everyone else is well. I'd like to say I get a chance to lurk here, but even that's a challenge right now. I'm having a sleepless night, so that gives me an extra 6-7 hrs in my day. I went for a run after the kids went to bed, and I think that's what did it. Oh well. Maybe I should go get on the trainer. I've got 3 hrs till the kids wake up!

Greg

2008-10-04 8:37 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO, is anyone out there??????
2008-10-06 10:10 PM
in reply to: #1718573

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

crea0029 - 2008-10-04 6:37 PM HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO, is anyone out there??????

Good to hear from you Pam.... Yes, some of us are out there.  Business has been really tough these days so I have been out of touch.  When the market slows down, I will be back.  Emerson

2008-10-07 9:42 PM
in reply to: #1722841

User image

Champion
Taser-World
etknowles - 2008-10-06 11:10 PM

crea0029 - 2008-10-04 6:37 PM HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO, is anyone out there??????

Good to hear from you Pam.... Yes, some of us are out there. Business has been really tough these days so I have been out of touch. When the market slows down, I will be back. Emerson

x2. I'm out here, too.

But for me - work doesn't slow down based upon the market. It just stays uniformly crazy.

I do work out when I can. But it's not as much as I'd like.... (And getting to the pool, when lap lanes are available, has been really tough.)
2008-10-08 7:43 PM
in reply to: #1725868

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
D001 - 2008-10-07 9:42 PM

Good to hear from you Pam.... Yes, some of us are out there. Business has been really tough these days so I have been out of touch. When the market slows down, I will be back. Emerson

x2. I'm out here, too. But for me - work doesn't slow down based upon the market. It just stays uniformly crazy. I do work out when I can. But it's not as much as I'd like.... (And getting to the pool, when lap lanes are available, has been really tough.)

Dee, I LOVE your pumpkin!!  It is spooktacular!! 

2008-10-08 8:45 PM
in reply to: #1728942

User image

Champion
Taser-World
crea0029 - 2008-10-08 8:43 PM

Dee, I LOVE your pumpkin!! It is spooktacular!!

Heh. Thanks!

It caused quite a commotion in the Challenge Forum.... LOL

But no, I didn't set fire to a pumpkin...

I started out the month with a cute little pumpkin, and everyone said it wasn't "me." So I went back to Google and searched among the images until I found something, um... less cutesy. LOL

2008-10-13 2:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hello to all my special group BT'ers... I have missed you all!

My goal is to try and touch base now at least 3 times a week.

If everyone would help me out a bit, I would like you to tell me what is going on with your life and training. It will save me time looking back over the blogs....

I will start. I completed my race season with a hurricane ike swim at Nashville shores TN, after my wave had been let off they cancelled the swim due to 4' caps and so many people in trouble they didn't hav enough help to fish them out, I am proud to say I didn't know they cancelled the swim and I finished the very challenging swim, that was my biggest accomplishment all season. After being somewhat ill for the past 4 months, I have now turned the corner and I'm starting to feel like the old Amy again, and that my friends is a very good thing, it was getting serious there for a while, and after my doctor said it is either control the stress and save my body or don't plan on racing anything next year because your body won't take it.... I HAVE CHANGED MY PRIORITIES NOW.

So that is my story, oh and I'm starting a community fitness group called Women In Training, my first meeting is Wednesday, I'm hoping for a nice turnout. We will make challenging goals in November and meet those by May of 09, I think it is a good thing for my community, wish me luck.

Update me on yourselves and i will be back soon to read all about it....

Amy in IN
2008-10-13 11:59 PM
in reply to: #1652567

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
mman - 2008-09-05 8:13 AM

Hey guys,

Well, The Steph is this weekend, and I (and others) are working our butts off. We had/have packet pickup yesterday, today and tomorrow with the race on Sunday. It's all coming together well. Both races are FULL with people begging to get it. If it happens next year, it will be a 2 day festival with live bands, etc.

It has been very difficult to put this together. As I look at the donations in honor/memory of people, it is very moving and painful. So much hurt. We are going to have a fantastic opening ceremony. It will be a tribute to Stephanie and raise the bar on living life to the fulluest for everyone who's there. The overriding theme - TRI-ing Is Living.

I got to meet Julie's sister yesterday. She is every bit as beautiful of a person as Julie. They come from a good recipie! ;-)

Gotta run. Lots to do. This is my first time on BT in a while, so wanted to pop in and say HI.

Greg

Greg...wanted to first of all thank you for allowing my sister and niece in the race...they both had a good time...and my sister got second place...woo hoo....she may have gotten first but decided to flip over the handlebars when entering the transition area. DOH! they enjoyed the race and both have now done other tris...thanks to you and the start...in fact my brothers daughter who particpated is signed up for the IM Cozumel as well as my dd and my brother...so, looks like I will be a cheerleader for a few family members! thanks again and very nice for the compliment of Nice family recipe...I will be in Houston for Thanksgiving and a few weeks after...would love to get together with you...meet the kids...and maybe do lunch....and drinks! so, I will be calling you...hope you are doing well...I think of you often....kit and call me anytime you get down or need a shoulder...hugs.....Jules

2008-10-13 11:59 PM
in reply to: #1652567

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
mman - 2008-09-05 8:13 AM

Hey guys,

Well, The Steph is this weekend, and I (and others) are working our butts off. We had/have packet pickup yesterday, today and tomorrow with the race on Sunday. It's all coming together well. Both races are FULL with people begging to get it. If it happens next year, it will be a 2 day festival with live bands, etc.

It has been very difficult to put this together. As I look at the donations in honor/memory of people, it is very moving and painful. So much hurt. We are going to have a fantastic opening ceremony. It will be a tribute to Stephanie and raise the bar on living life to the fulluest for everyone who's there. The overriding theme - TRI-ing Is Living.

I got to meet Julie's sister yesterday. She is every bit as beautiful of a person as Julie. They come from a good recipie! ;-)

Gotta run. Lots to do. This is my first time on BT in a while, so wanted to pop in and say HI.

Greg

Greg...wanted to first of all thank you for allowing my sister and niece in the race...they both had a good time...and my sister got second place...woo hoo....she may have gotten first but decided to flip over the handlebars when entering the transition area. DOH! they enjoyed the race and both have now done other tris...thanks to you and the start...in fact my brothers daughter who particpated is signed up for the IM Cozumel as well as my dd and my brother...so, looks like I will be a cheerleader for a few family members! thanks again and very nice for the compliment of Nice family recipe...I will be in Houston for Thanksgiving and a few weeks after...would love to get together with you...meet the kids...and maybe do lunch....and drinks! so, I will be calling you...hope you are doing well...I think of you often....kit and call me anytime you get down or need a shoulder...hugs.....Jules

2008-10-14 12:05 AM
in reply to: #1656015

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-09-07 4:56 AM

Sunset on Cincinnati, off to AZ today...

Big day for lots of us:

Greg has his tri for Steph...  GOOD LUCK GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam is volunteering at an Ironman...

I hope that Eric and Amy get much deserved rests...

Julie, I hope you are well out there...  drop a note sometime... even if short...

Dee, what is with the new image.  It looks like an electric leg shaver??

Off line for a while to get ready for AZ.... EK

Hey Emerson...I am doing well...just taking a much needed break from the computer....I am still training all...not much swimming going on, but I am forcing myself to swim tomorrow before it starts getting too cold then I really wont want to go....I have been doing great. I was in a Century ride last weekend with a 5000 ft elevation gain....I AM STILL TIRED  A WEEK LATER! and as far as sitting goes...well I am standing and typing . hope you are doing well....let me know when you head out this way...I may be in Phoenix in February. Will keep you posted.

Hope everyone else is doing well...both Amys, Dee, Eric, Greg....I promise to be more involved again soon...love to all!

Jules

2008-10-14 12:10 AM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
etknowles - 2008-09-15 8:47 PM

wow - CONGRATS EMERSON! that is fabulous! You will do so great! April in Oceanside should be perfect for me to cheer you on from the beach!  

BTW - I feel like a loser! Am I the only one that is not signed up for one?!?

2008-10-14 12:16 AM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

medic0020 - 2008-09-22 5:58 AM It's been a pretty screwed up weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap and didn't race Cane Creek. Sinuses were stopped up and I couldn't breath.   I was sitting around the house yesterday afternoon when the phone rang.  It was a number I didn't recognize so I almost didn't answer it but Karen had gone out for a bike ride.  The guy tells me that he's with Karen on the side of the ride and they're not sure if she got hit by a car.  Throw all the kids in the car and head to the scene (only a mile from the house). As we're coming up our road towards Hwy 49, I see the Cabarrus EMS truck go screaming by. Get up there and they are putting Karen in a collar and on a backboard. She's pretty out of it but doesn't seem to have any major obvious injuries.  We end up spending about 3.5 hrs at the ED getting xrays and CT scans.  No major injuries, just a serious bell ringing.  Helmet and Road ID do their work yet again!!  A car apparently ran up behind her and basically ran into her rear wheel.  It threw her into the ditch. Amazingly, she and the bike barely have a scratch on them. Karen's elbows got a little chewed up but other than that she's good.

DAAAAANG! hoping she is better now....did the driver of the car stop!? and as for your race....good thing not to race when you can not breathe... hope you are feeling better now....as is your wife!....btw...I love the new avatar of Terrifying Terrorists - I KILL YOU!...I love Jeff Dunham...his great humor helped our family thru some really tough times last year....he is a flippin riot!

2008-10-14 12:18 AM
in reply to: #1691840

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

abud7373 - 2008-09-23 5:36 PM I am so glad she is ok. I still have never ridden my bike on the road, except in races. When I do ride, it is few and far between these days, I ride at a local lake. Drivers just do not pay enough attention. Take good care of her.

Amy....how are you!? and are those legs still looking sexy as ever!?!  are you still doing a race this month? and finally how is Chuck?

2008-10-14 12:21 AM
in reply to: #1705414

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
mman - 2008-09-30 1:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes I'm still here. Eric, glad to hear Karen is OK. There's a 3 mile stretch I have to ride that I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. I get buzzed everytime I'm on that road, but it leads to a wonderland of sweet riding.

Things are good here. The Stef is in the record books and all of the final details are almost complete. I'm getting along very well. Settling into the job. Getting out and having some occasional fun. Getting the kids fed - at least on most days. They all raced in a tri on Saturday. Out of the 3 of them, we had two 3rd place AG finishes - 1 of those was 6th overall. It was a good day for the Johnson Tri Club.

My 12 year old and I are doing a sprint in 2 weeks. I'm just now starting to exercise again. May have come sooner if it weren't for Hurricane Ike. That messed everyone up. Some down here are still without power. I'm nursing a shoulder injury so am hoping I can race. I may have to side stroke the swim. It's only 300 m so should be doable.

I hope everyone else is well. I'd like to say I get a chance to lurk here, but even that's a challenge right now. I'm having a sleepless night, so that gives me an extra 6-7 hrs in my day. I went for a run after the kids went to bed, and I think that's what did it. Oh well. Maybe I should go get on the trainer. I've got 3 hrs till the kids wake up!

Greg

no more sleepless nights....you hear!!! we do love hearing from you, but you need your rest....good to see that you are feeding the kids most days... good luck in your tri and see you next month! what are your plans for Thanksgiving will you be around or are you traveling!?

2008-10-14 12:26 AM
in reply to: #1725868

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
D001 - 2008-10-07 7:42 PM

x2. I'm out here, too. But for me - work doesn't slow down based upon the market. It just stays uniformly crazy. I do work out when I can. But it's not as much as I'd like.... (And getting to the pool, when lap lanes are available, has been really tough.)

Dee...you are SSSSSMMMOOOOOOKEN! what is up!? working like a mad lady again are ye? do we need hire more help for you!? better put in for it now...seeing it took them almost 6 months to hire the last one! take care and do not work tooo hard. When you do get to the pool and there are open laps...will you swim a few laps for me, too!?!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » medic0020's Group - CLOSED--BUSTIN AT THE SEAMS Rss Feed  

of 73