Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2010-02-15 5:50 PM
in reply to: #2673891

User image

Pro
NJ
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!!
iowagander - 2010-02-15 2:47 PM OK Ghoulies, I'm off for a little bike ride to the park with my daughter. I'll check back in a little bit.

Nice.

2010-02-15 5:53 PM
in reply to: #2674017

User image

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-02-15 4:04 PM
skrtrnr - 2010-02-15 11:55 AM oh yeah.

i need to go out and get a bathing suit.

MASTERS SWIM  MEET THIS WEEKEND.

im already nervous/feeling like im gonna hurl.

best be getting me a swim suit.

or i'll be competiting nakked.

i suppose there'd be some advantage.....

LOL

stacieb

Remember... if you're nekkid you MAY win, but you WILL BE NEkKID. I'm just sayin'.

Relax, deep breaths, in with the good, out with the bad. Are you doing it? Don't be phonin' it in here.

You'll be fine. You have an entire village cheering for you. I bet no one else you are swimming against have that!

What ΛΛΛΛ said!  Just channel some inner Dara Torres and you'll do great!  You have Ghoulie Groupies.
2010-02-15 5:57 PM
in reply to: #2674024

User image

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-02-15 4:11 PM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-15 2:34 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-02-15 1:50 PM Good afternoon Ghoulie Village!

I am back from the Y and the grocery store. I had a strange revelation while I was out today, too. I know I was gone or a few days and this has lead me to believe that without THE VILLAGE I am invisible. I was invisible in the pool and at the grocery store today. Weirdness.

I got 2400 meters in today. My arms could have gone further, it was the unbearable knot in my calf that told me it was time stop.

I was swimming in the last lane, and there is a set of stairs in it, makes it suck for sharing a lane, but I was the only one in it. I'm swimming along and halfway back BAM I ran into an old guy. He got into the pool without my knowledge and was swimming down the middle of the lane. After that I stayed to my side, he still mostly stayed in the middle. NICE.

I went to pass him one time, while he was in the middle, my shoulder was rubbing the lane divider, and he hit me, I'm not sure it was an accident, but whatever. Fortunately he didn't stay long. An older lady then took his place, but she stayed on her side. I was still huggin' the lane divider and a guy doing some weird backstroke thing hit me UNDER the lane divider. I just kept telling myself it was good practice for OWS.

After I swam I went and lifted weights.

Off to the grocery store then. I hadn't gone shopping in 2 1/2 weeks so my cart was piled high. I had just started placing my items on the belt to checkout and a gets in line behind me then puts the divider thing down and starts unloading her cart. I looked up at her and said "excuse me." She just looked at me and said "what?" Are you freakin' kidding me? I gave her the hairy eyeball and after a few seconds she started putting her things back in her cart.

See all the invisibility I was talking about?

Now I'm home and ready for my nap.

Ann(e) - did the lifeguard say anything?

That is my peeve - these people are paid to monitor the pool - the steam room sweat hogs that jump back into the hot tub or pool, kids in lanes they are not supposed to be in, etc....

Do your job people!

Great swim BTW - that is a pipe dream for me - fast or slow!

No, the lifeguard said nothing. Some of them are pretty good and adhere to the rules of the pool, others won't say anything.

I've had my kids swim in my lane if there were no open swim lanes. Some lifeguards would allow this, others gave me a hard time. If no one was sharing the lane with me, I don't have a problem with my own kids playing at the end of the lane. I know they are there, they know to watch out for me or they'll get plowed.

Now that we have 2 pools at the Y there is always something open somewhere for open swim.

I don't mind sharing a lane, I was just annoyed that he jumped in and started swimming right down the middle and he had to know I didn't know he was there.

I have noticed a lot of KIDS in the hot tub, they aren't supposed to be there. I have pretty much abandoned it and now enjoy the steam room. I only go there though after my swim and then go shower afterward.

First of all, the fact that you had a knot in your calf makes me very jealous.  It means you have a kick, of which I have none.  At least nothing that generates any real forward movement.  Nice swim.

Secondly, I think in my next career I will go back to school and get a PhD on why the pool brings out such rude, nonsensical behavior in people.  Although I'm afraid that I'll find they're that way everywhere and I only see them at the pool.
2010-02-15 5:59 PM
in reply to: #2674260

User image

Pro
NJ
mndymond - 2010-02-15 6:40 PM Whew....just ran 17km...LONGEST ever! Kinda sicky now...vomit vomit...lol...Just had a protein shake. Now I'm waiting for Jeremy Wotherspoon...WOOOOOO GOOOO CANADA!!

PS...an American just false started...tsk tsk...Also almost fell and wiped out....

NICE RUN! 
2010-02-15 6:07 PM
in reply to: #2674279

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 6:57 PM

I am back from the Y and the grocery store. I had a strange revelation while I was out today, too. I know I was gone or a few days and this has lead me to believe that without THE VILLAGE I am invisible. I was invisible in the pool and at the grocery store today. Weirdness.

I got 2400 meters in today. My arms could have gone further, it was the unbearable knot in my calf that told me it was time stop.

I was swimming in the last lane, and there is a set of stairs in it, makes it suck for sharing a lane, but I was the only one in it. I'm swimming along and halfway back BAM I ran into an old guy. He got into the pool without my knowledge and was swimming down the middle of the lane. After that I stayed to my side, he still mostly stayed in the middle. NICE.

I went to pass him one time, while he was in the middle, my shoulder was rubbing the lane divider, and he hit me, I'm not sure it was an accident, but whatever. Fortunately he didn't stay long. An older lady then took his place, but she stayed on her side. I was still huggin' the lane divider and a guy doing some weird backstroke thing hit me UNDER the lane divider. I just kept telling myself it was good practice for OWS.

Off to the grocery store then. I hadn't gone shopping in 2 1/2 weeks so my cart was piled high. I had just started placing my items on the belt to checkout and a gets in line behind me then puts the divider thing down and starts unloading her cart. I looked up at her and said "excuse me." She just looked at me and said "what?" Are you freakin' kidding me? I gave her the hairy eyeball and after a few seconds she started putting her things back in her cart.

That is my peeve - these people are paid to monitor the pool - the steam room sweat hogs that jump back into the hot tub or pool, kids in lanes they are not supposed to be in, etc....

Do your job people!

No, the lifeguard said nothing. Some of them are pretty good and adhere to the rules of the pool, others won't say anything.

I've had my kids swim in my lane if there were no open swim lanes. Some lifeguards would allow this, others gave me a hard time. If no one was sharing the lane with me, I don't have a problem with my own kids playing at the end of the lane. I know they are there, they know to watch out for me or they'll get plowed.

Now that we have 2 pools at the Y there is always something open somewhere for open swim.

I don't mind sharing a lane, I was just annoyed that he jumped in and started swimming right down the middle and he had to know I didn't know he was there.

I have noticed a lot of KIDS in the hot tub, they aren't supposed to be there. I have pretty much abandoned it and now enjoy the steam room. I only go there though after my swim and then go shower afterward.

First of all, the fact that you had a knot in your calf makes me very jealous.  It means you have a kick, of which I have none.  At least nothing that generates any real forward movement.  Nice swim.

Secondly, I think in my next career I will go back to school and get a PhD on why the pool brings out such rude, nonsensical behavior in people.  Although I'm afraid that I'll find they're that way everywhere and I only see them at the pool.

Not just the pool, they are everywhere. I think they just stand out more in the gym.
2010-02-15 6:19 PM

User image

Elite
mndymond - 2010-02-15 3:40 PM Whew....just ran 17km...LONGEST ever! Kinda sicky now...vomit vomit...lol...Just had a protein shake. Now I'm waiting for Jeremy Wotherspoon...WOOOOOO GOOOO CANADA!!

PS...an American just false started...tsk tsk...Also almost fell and wiped out....

Nice run Melindy! Have fun watching the Olympics. Men's 15k Crosscountry is on here right now.

2010-02-15 6:22 PM
in reply to: #2674268

User image

Elite
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 3:50 PM
iowagander - 2010-02-15 2:47 PM OK Ghoulies, I'm off for a little bike ride to the park with my daughter. I'll check back in a little bit.

Nice.

Thanks Kim! I was able to convince my son he needed some fresh air too, so he brought his rollerblades and came along. We had fun racing eachother around the roller hockey rink (I promised to stay in my granny gear and gave them head starts).
2010-02-15 6:23 PM
in reply to: #2674289

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-02-15 4:07 PM
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 6:57 PM

Do your job people!

Not just the pool, they are everywhere. I think they just stand out more in the gym.

And the roads. People get in that little bubble in their car and just lose touch with reality.
2010-02-15 6:24 PM
in reply to: #2673840

User image

Master
Utah
iowagander - 2010-02-15 12:29 PM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-15 5:06 AM
kns57 - 2010-02-14 8:45 PM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-14 4:06 PM Hey guys - just a quick drive by as I returned from cross country skiing and now am vegging out.  Wife took a B pill and I just want to be out of the house right now.

The computer they all bought crapped out again and she asked to use mine - I laughed and said PBIB and told her when she realizes how she was acting towards me and apologizes then maybe, but don't bet on it!

Sorry about the b-pill.  I'm still trying to figure out PBIB though. 

Pay Back Is a B@!%X - LOL.

I turned nice and left her about 45 minutes on the battery because I did not bring my adapter home and let her use it til the battery died!!

I am a nice guy after all - lol

I was wondering about that as well. Thanks for the clarification! And I'm glad you guys made nice. I know you're more focused on your anniversary like we are, but it's still crappy to be fighting on a holiday. Well played, sir!
Wait, I didn't know there were other gouhlies with anniversaries this month. We are talking wedding anniversaries, right?
2010-02-15 6:38 PM
in reply to: #2674313

User image

Elite
givemashot - 2010-02-15 4:24 PM
iowagander - 2010-02-15 12:29 PM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-15 5:06 AM
kns57 - 2010-02-14 8:45 PM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-14 4:06 PM Hey guys - just a quick drive by as I returned from cross country skiing and now am vegging out.  Wife took a B pill and I just want to be out of the house right now.

The computer they all bought crapped out again and she asked to use mine - I laughed and said PBIB and told her when she realizes how she was acting towards me and apologizes then maybe, but don't bet on it!

Sorry about the b-pill.  I'm still trying to figure out PBIB though. 

Pay Back Is a B@!%X - LOL.

I turned nice and left her about 45 minutes on the battery because I did not bring my adapter home and let her use it til the battery died!!

I am a nice guy after all - lol

I was wondering about that as well. Thanks for the clarification! And I'm glad you guys made nice. I know you're more focused on your anniversary like we are, but it's still crappy to be fighting on a holiday. Well played, sir!
Wait, I didn't know there were other gouhlies with anniversaries this month. We are talking wedding anniversaries, right?

Yup - Bill and I both got suckered hitched on the 18th. 10 years for me and my wife on Thursday!
2010-02-15 6:42 PM
in reply to: #2646688

User image

Master
Utah
The 14th anniversary of my marriage to my hubby was Feb 3rd. Sounds like I am in good company.

2010-02-15 6:42 PM

User image

Pro
NJ
Caution:  Ghoulie Rant

My Garmin 310xt died on me (after about 6 months of use) so I sent it back for repair/replace.  I sent it via FedX and tracked it's receipt.  After 3 weeks of nada, I called to check on status.  Turns out they didn't even have it logged in, but were able to track it down as I had the name of the person who signed for it.  Promise was made to expedite and get back to me via next day air. Another week goes by and no Garmin.  I called again.  A very helpful Stephanie apologized profusely and personally packed and shipped my replacement.  I received it today.  Yeah Stephanie, BUT no power charger, which I'd also returned as I didn't know if it was the charger or the watch that wasn't working.  So, I called again (3rd time now) and was told I shouldn't have sent in the charger.  (yes, implying this whole predicament was MY FAULT). When I asked "what would they do, throw it out?" she said, probably yes.  So after convincing her that they owe me a charger, she responds they are on backorder for at least a month.  GRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am a total gadget girl, but even more so, a customer service girl.  Garmin - D+
2010-02-15 6:43 PM

User image

Master
Utah
^^^Whoa. Lasting marriage and happy anniversary TOPpage.
2010-02-15 6:47 PM
in reply to: #2674337

User image

Master
Utah
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 5:42 PMCaution:  Ghoulie Rant

My Garmin 310xt died on me (after about 6 months of use) so I sent it back for repair/replace.  I sent it via FedX and tracked it's receipt.  After 3 weeks of nada, I called to check on status.  Turns out they didn't even have it logged in, but were able to track it down as I had the name of the person who signed for it.  Promise was made to expedite and get back to me via next day air. Another week goes by and no Garmin.  I called again.  A very helpful Stephanie apologized profusely and personally packed and shipped my replacement.  I received it today.  Yeah Stephanie, BUT no power charger, which I'd also returned as I didn't know if it was the charger or the watch that wasn't working.  So, I called again (3rd time now) and was told I shouldn't have sent in the charger.  (yes, implying this whole predicament was MY FAULT). When I asked "what would they do, throw it out?" she said, probably yes.  So after convincing her that they owe me a charger, she responds they are on backorder for at least a month.  GRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am a total gadget girl, but even more so, a customer service girl.  Garmin - D+
I wouldn't have given them that high of a grade. Sorry that's happening. If it help,I'm sure Bil would volunteer to come check your heartrate any time you need it.

Edited by givemashot 2010-02-15 6:48 PM
2010-02-15 6:49 PM
in reply to: #2674336

User image

Elite
givemashot - 2010-02-15 4:42 PM The 14th anniversary of my marriage to my hubby was Feb 3rd. Sounds like I am in good company.

Happy belated Anniversary Amy! I hope it was a very happy one
2010-02-15 6:50 PM
in reply to: #2674336

User image

Pro
NJ
givemashot - 2010-02-15 7:42 PM The 14th anniversary of my marriage to my hubby was Feb 3rd. Sounds like I am in good company.

Congrats!  Lots of great anniversary celebrations to be had this month.

2010-02-15 6:51 PM

User image

Elite
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 4:42 PM Caution:  Ghoulie Rant

Good to know Kim. I appreciate the heads up in case I ever get a Garmin. I'm also a big believer in customer service and instances like this drive me crazy. I hope your charger gets to you as soon as possible.
2010-02-15 6:53 PM
in reply to: #2674347

User image

Pro
NJ
givemashot - 2010-02-15 7:47 PM

I wouldn't have given them that high of a grade. Sorry that's happening. If it help,I'm sure Bil would volunteer to come check your heartrate any time you need it.

That made me giggle.
2010-02-15 7:09 PM

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 6:42 PM Caution:  Ghoulie Rant

Wow, talk about frustrating!  They better be shipping that charger pronto!
2010-02-15 7:10 PM

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
mndymond - 2010-02-15 5:40 PM Whew....just ran 17km...LONGEST ever! Kinda sicky now...vomit vomit...lol...Just had a protein shake. Now I'm waiting for Jeremy Wotherspoon...WOOOOOO GOOOO CANADA!!

Great run Melindy!
2010-02-15 11:25 PM
in reply to: #2674351

User image

Master
Utah
iowagander - 2010-02-15 5:49 PM
givemashot - 2010-02-15 4:42 PM The 14th anniversary of my marriage to my hubby was Feb 3rd. Sounds like I am in good company.

Happy belated Anniversary Amy! I hope it was a very happy one
Thanks! It was good--I got a milkshake with my hubby the night before we went on vacation, and the hotel gave us an upgrade because it was our anniversary (thank you, Disney!). I have some AMAZING pictures of the California Adventure park from our 13th floor hotel room.

2010-02-15 11:26 PM
in reply to: #2674359

User image

Master
Utah
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 5:50 PM
givemashot - 2010-02-15 7:42 PM The 14th anniversary of my marriage to my hubby was Feb 3rd. Sounds like I am in good company.

Congrats!  Lots of great anniversary celebrations to be had this month.
Thank you! Yes, lots of reasons to celebrate in the village, for sure.
2010-02-15 11:29 PM
in reply to: #2674365

User image

Master
Utah
kcarroll - 2010-02-15 5:53 PM
givemashot - 2010-02-15 7:47 PM

That made me giggle.
2010-02-15 11:30 PM
in reply to: #2674396

User image

Master
Utah
disturbed275 - 2010-02-15 6:10 PM
mndymond - 2010-02-15 5:40 PM Whew....just ran 17km...LONGEST ever! Kinda sicky now...vomit vomit...lol...Just had a protein shake. Now I'm waiting for Jeremy Wotherspoon...WOOOOOO GOOOO CANADA!!

Great run Melindy!
X2!
2010-02-15 11:32 PM

User image

Master
Utah
So I posted this in my log, but just for laziness efficiency's sake...

Ok, I have a question. Can I count all the miles I walked while on vacation (2.5-4 miles each day) when I am planning this week's runs? I missed a few runs because of the vacation, and I want to increase my runs, but I don't want to mess with the 10% rule. And, I am still flirting with the idea of doing a half mary in April so I need to get the weekly mileage up there as quickly as my body will allow.

Thoughts?

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  

of 80