Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2011-06-01 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3527493

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
For me, I think Mondays would work best, because that will keep me honest on the weekend. During the week, in general, I eat fine... but then the weekend comes and I blow all the work out of the water.

2011-06-01 11:44 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I'm the same way Pete, the weekends always USED to drag me down after all the good work I put in during the week.  But not anymore!

Ok, why don't we post them up on Mon as we tend to be done with the weekend and back at work and back online.  You can always choose to post your Sun weight as long as you do it every week then it will be consistent for you.  So we will start on Mon.  Let the healthy eating begin (or continue)!

2011-06-01 4:56 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

I'm down with the weekly weigh-ins!  That should help a ton.  I've been avoiding weighing myself for a while now...

On another note, I need your guys' advice on how to stay supportive of Ryan in his training for the HIM.  I'm getting REALLY frustrated with the amount of time he's training, mostly just because it's a constant reminder that I can't.  Even my swim and bike are somewhat limited at this point because those sports will start to hurt if my knee is already sore, which it has been constantly lately.  I'm going to sign up for the local pool tomorrow to get more of that in, but this just sucks.  Thoughts?

2011-06-02 5:56 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

Hey guys!  I had a few busy weeks around here.  I have been logging and checking in but not much time to post.  My secretary was out sick for a full week a few weeks ago.  The following week is my busiest week of the month and then the week after that my secretary was on vacation.  And my chances of posting from home tend to be pretty slim.  We spent Memorial day weekend at the beach and it was fabulous!  I am bummed we won't be back down this weekend but John has to work.  So we have to wait until next weekend.  I think the whole family will be there next weekend so the kids will have a ball playing with their cousins! 

I signed up for personal training at the new gym and will have my first session this evening.  I cannot wait because I loved when I worked with a trainer on a consistent basis.  I have added 2 more sprint tris to my summer.  I have one the end of this month and two next month.  There is one pretty close to the beach town where we stay but it sold out in 13 minutes last year.  They decided to do it strictly lottery this year and I got in!  The two in July are both ocean swims! 

2011-06-02 8:05 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Hey Meggan, was just coming to check on ya.  Sounds like you have been busy but looks like you've done well keeping up with the workouts.  How are you enjoying not being on a strict workout schedule?

Erica, that is a tough one.  But it is a good sign that you have the hunger and interest to keep working out.  When I was down and out from my knee I tried to find totally new things/workouts I hadn't done in a while, if ever.  When swimming, use a pull buoy so you don't have to use your legs.  I got some use out of a rowing machine (it didn't bother my knee).  I did some boxing on a punching bag at the gym.  Work on your core.  Do some upper body weight training.  I had to look at it as: ok, now is the chance to try this stuff out b/c once I am back doing the tri training then when am I ever going to get to do this stuff again. 

Don't let it get you down!

2011-06-06 7:40 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

DING DING DING

Time for the inaugural weekly weigh-in!

I'll get us started off.  I've been doing well.  Wife and I allowed ourselves one cheat meal over the weekend and the workouts are coming together.  Here is my weight:

June 1st - 214.4

Today - 209.8

I am including my starting weight just for reference.  We have been tracking our food religiously on The Daily Plate and it has helped a lot.  Trying to stay in the 1800-2000cal range.  I knew I had to be good since I had to post on here today!

So, how is everyone else doing?

2011-06-06 9:49 AM
in reply to: #3534311

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Okay, here I am too, with my weigh in.

Start Weight on May 11th: 181lbs

Today: 175 lbs

Slow but steady grade down, which I'm please with.

This weekend I purchased my first dress in over 10yrs....

Tried adding it to the post, but doesn't seem to like posts from BT photo albums?  So pic is posted in my album for now

Edited by corstan 2011-06-06 9:55 AM
2011-06-06 10:33 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Way to go Sandra, and who is that hottie in the dress!?  Innocent  You look great! 

And I see the Vancouver game on in the background...go Canucks.

2011-06-06 12:09 PM
in reply to: #3534731

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

LOL, everyone has noticed the game on in the background.  The playoffs are reigning supreme here in Vancouver, all anyone can think about. 

That dress was a real milestone for me so thanks

It is amazing how a weekend of gorgeous weather makes everything so much better.  Took my dog to doggy daycare on Saturday to see if it was a possiblity for him, since he was a rescue and never socialized properly, he has lots of behavioural issues when meeting other dogs.  Within 15 minutes of being there, he had been introduced to all the dogs and was happily playing with them all as I left to do some shopping for a few hours.  When I came back they told me he was an absolute sweetheart, with no issues and had made fast friends with a boxer.  He was absolutely exhausted and happy and we are now going take him there once a week to let him play and hang out with other dogs.  He is such a great dog and when we got him 2 yrs ago, I never thought this would be a possibility, a lot of hard work has paid off. 

2011-06-06 3:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

I'm here for the weigh in, too! Tipped the scale at 180 this morning, so that will be my initial weight. Not too bad, considering how I have spent the last month, that's for sure. But I'm hoping to get down to below 170 by my HIM in Sept. I think that is a reasonable, and realistic, healthy goal.

On another note, I bought my first dress in 10 yea..... just kidding. Been moving all weekend. MAN that is tough. I'm glad I didn't have to move a whole house! 1 bedroom is enough for me! And it's still not all don. It's better, but not there yet. Soon!

2011-06-06 5:37 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Please, please, please, send some of that great weather my way.  It was 104.5 when I went running today!  Luckily it was only 2mi.

Congrats on finishing with the move Pete.  Always a good feeling when that is done, well it's a better feeling once everything is unpacked!  180 sounds good to me, and here all this time you've been talking like you turned into a little pudgster!  

Thanks for posting, now, where is that Erica?!

2011-06-07 6:03 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

I'M HERE!  Always late to the party, that's me!

Forgot to weigh myself yesterday when I woke up, so I waited 'til today, and I was pleasantly surprised.  159.4.  Not awful, considering my lowest was like 155!  Which makes me feel better about my ability to maintain (somewhat: I'm sure the reason for the gain is the sedentary lifestyle right now, combined with too many family visits!).  My goal weight is about 150, and I would really like to be there by the time I move to Portland in late August.

Sandra - you're smokin' in that dress!  It's super cute!  I won't mention the hockey game because my team has been out for a while, and I blame that completely on the Hawks getting rid of Niemi.  I'm a sore loser, so I stop watching once it's over for me.  Which is why I've already stopped watching baseball.

Pete - Only one room!?  Boo.  Toughen up, buttercup. Tongue out  And you'll drop that weight in no time with all that training! 

I love doing PT now, but since my pt is going out of town, I'm on my own for the next 2 weeks!  I want one of those Bosu balls in the worst way.  They rock! 

2011-06-07 8:59 AM
in reply to: #3536350

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

I know, 1 bedroom isn't much... but when you have VERY little help (my friends helped me move in my mattress and my dresser... then took off), it's a lot of work for 1 person! And building Ikea stuff with no help is also tough!

So I just sent out my "Sponsor Me" email for my charity tri this year... hopefully I can make it to my written goal of $1000... but even better would be my REAL goal of $2500 like I made last year. We'll see if my friends and family pull through! The race is going to be super emotional for me, and everyone this year. It is a race in support of Princess Margret Hospital, which is one of the top 5 cancer research facilities in the world. Personally, it is going to be tough, because a cousin of mine was just diagnosed with stage 5 cancer, and is going to have to go through some pretty aggressive treatment for it. Also, in the summer of 2004, my aunt died of cancer. This race is going to be for the both of them. I wish I had some way of showing it during the race (I'm actually tearing up writing this right now). Any ideas?

Also, the tri is called Joe's Team. It was started by a guy who had cancer of the mouth and throat. He started racing to raise money, and eventually he branched out and started his own race. I think this is the 5th running of it, and, tragically, this year he lost his battle to cancer. The race is going to be huge this year, and lots of tears will be flowing. Ulgh. haha

2011-06-07 9:30 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Good to see the weight in check there Erica.  Not too far to go to reach your goal.

Pete, that is a good thing you are doing with the race.  I've seen a lot of people who buy a cheap plain white tri top and just use permanent marker to write names (or anything else) directly on it. 

2011-06-08 7:17 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

I just wanted to pop in and say that I now have 3 pairs of spandex running shorts, and they are my favorite things ever.  SO much better than normal running shorts.  No riding up, no chafing, and super comfortable.  I actually have begun wearing them out and about when I'm just running errands.  Crazy?  Maybe.  But the point to all of this is that one year ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead in spandex in public.  And when I realized this yesterday, it made me smile!

Ha!  Thanks guys!

2011-06-08 7:21 AM

User image

Veteran

So I weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly pleased! I have gained one pound in 2 weeks! Which puts me at 12.8 lbs gained this pregnancy. I was curious as to where I was last time around and at this same point I was 18.2 lbs gained so I am doing much better!!!

Erica-I agree 100% about the spandex shorts. It is the only thing that I work out in and I am having trouble finding maternity ones that are not $50 or more. I just can't stand the thought of spending that much money when I won't be wearing them that long! 

2011-06-08 7:26 AM
in reply to: #3538379

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hell, even I agree about the spandex running shorts :P I don't wear regular ones now. Actually, all my bike and run workouts are done in my tri shorts now, not even bike shorts. Train how you're going to race, right?
2011-06-08 9:18 AM
in reply to: #3538371

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I too am a lover of the spandex, even more so, compression spandex, but any spandex will do.  It's great that you feel comfortable enough to run around and do errands in them too Erica. You've done a lot of hard work this past year, so it is well earned.

Debbie that is great about where you are weight-wise in your pregnancy, it won't take long for you to regain your figure after you have the baby.

Pete, moving by yourself would totally suck, glad you are done and now you just need to settle in and make it home.

2011-06-08 11:58 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I AM GOING TO SWIM TODAY.

You heard it hear first, folks! 

2011-06-08 4:59 PM
in reply to: #3539109

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

GO TIM GO! 

chichitao - 2011-06-08 9:58 AM

I AM GOING TO SWIM TODAY.

You heard it hear first, folks! 

2011-06-09 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3539687

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Got the swim in!  Thanks for letting me put it up as it made me go.  Felt good to be back in the water, but forgot how annoying kids can be now that my pool is opened up for them for the summer.

Going for a bike ride tonight. 

What do you have going on?  Happy Thursday!

2011-06-09 10:12 AM
in reply to: #3540631

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Good for you on getting that swim in Tim, and yes those kids can be annoying! 

I got myself out for a nice easy run last night, tonight is yoga and if my hubby isn't using the trainer, I'll hop on the bike for a bit, tomorrow is another run, Saturday morning hopefully I get into TRX, I'm on the waitlist right now and sunday will be a nice 12-15KM run.

I've also now got every Friday off till September...love those 4 day weeks!  Seems like a much more reasonable work week to me and I think that should be the way it is always for everyone!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2011-06-09 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I too work a 4 day work week every week.  I am so spoiled with it and love having 3 days off every week.  Gotta work 10hr days on that schedule but to me it is well worth it.  Enjoy it!
2011-06-09 10:35 AM
in reply to: #3540772

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Here I am working 5 day weeks all the time like a sucker
2011-06-09 10:40 AM
in reply to: #3540772

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

well I don't get a 4 day week all the time, I just schedule it that way for the summer, I have an excess of vacation days that have to be used up and I find this is a nice way to use them in the summer, so no 10 hr days for me. 

Pete, you need to do something about that!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103