General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 171

2011-04-06 10:16 AM
in reply to: #3431641

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Subject: RE: Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread
KathyG - 2011-04-05 10:10 PM
TriRSquared - 2011-04-05 11:32 AM

OK I'm confused... according to this...

http://c28908.r8.cf1.rackcdn.com/2010/09/CDA_2011-Schedule.pdf

2nd lap of bike must be completed by 4PM

Bike course closes 5:30PM

Most IM races give you 10h:30m from the start to complete the bike (which would be 5:30PM).  So what's with the 4PM cutoff?

A new move by WTC in IM races the last ~12 months is to have intermidate cut offs on bike (plus on the swim and run too) that can hurt slower folks if they have mechanical issues early on the bike.

I think at IMFL they had two bike cut offs before the bike into T2 time. Run they had a loop 1 cut off time and then another one at the turn around on second loop.

I can see having a loop 1 cut off.  But this is a 2 loop course.  So the 2nd loop cutoff and bike course closure should be at the same time.  An IM race traditionally has a 10.5 hours cut off for the bike from the start.  That would put it at 5:30PM.

2011-04-06 10:28 AM
in reply to: #3432267

User image

Expert
Liberty Lake, WA
TriRSquared - 2011-04-06 9:16 AM
KathyG - 2011-04-05 10:10 PM
TriRSquared - 2011-04-05 11:32 AM

OK I'm confused... according to this...

http://c28908.r8.cf1.rackcdn.com/2010/09/CDA_2011-Schedule.pdf

2nd lap of bike must be completed by 4PM

Bike course closes 5:30PM

Most IM races give you 10h:30m from the start to complete the bike (which would be 5:30PM).  So what's with the 4PM cutoff?

A new move by WTC in IM races the last ~12 months is to have intermidate cut offs on bike (plus on the swim and run too) that can hurt slower folks if they have mechanical issues early on the bike.

I think at IMFL they had two bike cut offs before the bike into T2 time. Run they had a loop 1 cut off time and then another one at the turn around on second loop.

I can see having a loop 1 cut off.  But this is a 2 loop course.  So the 2nd loop cutoff and bike course closure should be at the same time.  An IM race traditionally has a 10.5 hours cut off for the bike from the start.  That would put it at 5:30PM.

The 4pm 2nd loop cutoff makes total sence because of the new 3-loop course.  They had to make this change in order to fit in some bigger and steeper hills.  They should have the new course posted in the near future, mid-June at the latest.

(I still think that it's just a mis-print and the 2nd loop / bike cut-off are both 5:30pm.)

2011-04-06 11:10 AM
in reply to: #3432298

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
T in Liberty Lake - 2011-04-06 11:28 AM

The 4pm 2nd loop cutoff makes total sence because of the new 3-loop course.  They had to make this change in order to fit in some bigger and steeper hills.  They should have the new course posted in the near future, mid-June at the latest.

(I still think that it's just a mis-print and the 2nd loop / bike cut-off are both 5:30pm.)

Funny.  And I agree, it has to be a misprint.  Elsewhere on the site it lists 10.5 hours as the bike cutoff (5:30PM)

I also heard the on course liquid nutrition was going to be carbonated Red Bull

Edited by TriRSquared 2011-04-06 11:11 AM
2011-04-06 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3432412

User image

Master
Newbury Park, CA
TriRSquared - 2011-04-06 9:10 AM
T in Liberty Lake - 2011-04-06 11:28 AM

Funny.  And I agree, it has to be a misprint.  Elsewhere on the site it lists 10.5 hours as the bike cutoff (5:30PM)

I also heard the on course liquid nutrition was going to be carbonated Red Bull

That would be awesome!  I love gatorade and red bull the last hour of a long ride.  I suppose I can make IM perform and red bull work as a substitute. 

They can also server red bull and vodka along with the pizza post race.  Oh, the possibilities. 

(I know you're joking - but I'm not!)
2011-04-06 11:51 AM
in reply to: #3431353

User image

Salt Lake City, UT
Culgray - 2011-04-05 3:48 PM

i think i'll do this for my 70.3 coming up on 4/16 (Rage Long Course...anyone else going to be there?).

I will be there.  Driving in from SLC.....  Not too much flat on the run or the bike so should be good preparation for CDA...

I'll be heading down from SLC also.  I did the course last year, and the swim and bike are really good prep from CDA.  The swim is cold and can be choppy.  The bike has lots of climbing (same elevation gain in 56 as CDA has in 112) and gives you little chance to get into a rhythm and has some wind with potential for nasty wind. Perfect practice for Coeur d'Alene.  I'm using light wheels and a 27/12 cogset (I don't have a compact crank).  This is probably my set up for CDA as well.  The run is not similar to CDA, but I thought it was really fun running on a rail trail through tunnels (my garmin didn't like the tunnels).

Good luck if I don't run into you

Edited by kiki_zen 2011-04-06 11:52 AM
2011-04-06 1:40 PM
in reply to: #3006331

User image

Master
Millersville, MD
Maybe they mean if you're not done loop 1of the bike by 4:00PM, they aren't going to let you start loop 2.  I have no problem with that since there would be no way you'd meet the bike cutoff anyway.

2011-04-06 1:43 PM
in reply to: #3432722

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
JoshKaptur - 2011-04-06 2:40 PM

Maybe they mean if you're not done loop 1of the bike by 4:00PM, they aren't going to let you start loop 2.  I have no problem with that since there would be no way you'd meet the bike cutoff anyway.

x2

Unless you have a catastrophic race day (which no one can really foresee, like a mechanical), you should be fine. No one, IMO, should enter the race knowing ahead of time that they will cut it close...on any times. Call me an elitist, but if you enter an IM thinking your finish time will be 16-17 hours, you are not ready for the IM distance.
2011-04-06 2:05 PM
in reply to: #3432732

User image

Salt Lake City, UT

15step - 2011-04-06 12:43 PM
JoshKaptur - 2011-04-06 2:40 PM Maybe they mean if you're not done loop 1of the bike by 4:00PM, they aren't going to let you start loop 2.  I have no problem with that since there would be no way you'd meet the bike cutoff anyway.
x2 Unless you have a catastrophic race day (which no one can really foresee, like a mechanical), you should be fine. No one, IMO, should enter the race knowing ahead of time that they will cut it close...on any times. Call me an elitist, but if you enter an IM thinking your finish time will be 16-17 hours, you are not ready for the IM distance.

Ok, you are an elitist.  The only reason I can even agree with you in part is that people (first timers mostly) tend to grossly overestimate their ability and underestimate their finish time.

I like to see people on the course that have challenges that lead them to knowingly flirt with a 17 hour finish.  I'm all about pushing yourself to the limit.  We wouldn't have anyone over the age of 60 going for this race as a first timer without at least 17 hours to work with.  What about the people that train and then have an injury just a few weeks out and decide that they can finish the race by walking the marathon?  This is always a hedged bet. 

The tv shots of kona midnight finishers is one reason I started doing triathlons.  I hold any of these finishers in high esteem than an elite or ag winner, sub 13 or 10 hour (whatever your bar of worthiness is) finisher is that isn't touched by the process of racing or training for an ironman.

Edited by kiki_zen 2011-04-06 2:05 PM
2011-04-06 2:24 PM
in reply to: #3432794

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
kiki_zen - 2011-04-06 3:05 PM

JoshKaptur - 2011-04-06 2:40 PM Maybe they mean if you're not done loop 1of the bike by 4:00PM, they aren't going to let you start loop 2.  I have no problem with that since there would be no way you'd meet the bike cutoff anyway.
x2 Unless you have a catastrophic race day (which no one can really foresee, like a mechanical), you should be fine. No one, IMO, should enter the race knowing ahead of time that they will cut it close...on any times. Call me an elitist, but if you enter an IM thinking your finish time will be 16-17 hours, you are not ready for the IM distance.

Ok, you are an elitist.  The only reason I can even agree with you in part is that people (first timers mostly) tend to grossly overestimate their ability and underestimate their finish time.

I like to see people on the course that have challenges that lead them to knowingly flirt with a 17 hour finish.  I'm all about pushing yourself to the limit.  We wouldn't have anyone over the age of 60 going for this race as a first timer without at least 17 hours to work with.  What about the people that train and then have an injury just a few weeks out and decide that they can finish the race by walking the marathon?  This is always a hedged bet. 

The tv shots of kona midnight finishers is one reason I started doing triathlons.  I hold any of these finishers in high esteem than an elite or ag winner, sub 13 or 10 hour (whatever your bar of worthiness is) finisher is that isn't touched by the process of racing or training for an ironman.

I completely agree with you. The racers coming in right at midnight have a lot of guts, and in a way have had a harder day than the ones finishing in 9-10 hours (because they have been out there longer). My thing is that I doubt that most of them anticipated finishing right at the cutoff.

There are always exceptions to the rule. I read an awesome RR of a girl at IMMOO who tore a tendon in her foot 2-3 weeks before the event. Instead of DNS the race, she chose to tough it out, and walk the whole marathon. She finished in time and with a smile on her face. I say good for her, and that those are stories that truly make IM an amazing creature, but I guarantee that she did not start her IM training process with the goal of finishing right before midnight.

Like I stated before, a lot of unknowns can happen on race day to cause you to flirt with a DNF, but I just hope that no one wants to do an IM knowing that is their fate. If you train right, and practice your routine, no one should have to worry about barely making any cutoff. If you cant do that, practice a while longer until you can make the cutoffs with the utmost of confidence.

If my math is right, you would have to swim a 3:40/100m, bike at 13.5mph, and run a 15:00/mile pace to just barely finish at midnight. That does not seem unreasonable for any person to do with some decent level of health. If an athlete has to worry about hitting those marks, then they simply are not ready for the event.

Edited by 15step 2011-04-06 2:30 PM
2011-04-06 2:49 PM
in reply to: #3432856

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
15step - 2011-04-06 3:24 PM
kiki_zen - 2011-04-06 3:05 PM

I completely agree with you. The racers coming in right at midnight have a lot of guts, and in a way have had a harder day than the ones finishing in 9-10 hours (because they have been out there longer). My thing is that I doubt that most of them anticipated finishing right at the cutoff. There are always exceptions to the rule. I read an awesome RR of a girl at IMMOO who tore a tendon in her foot 2-3 weeks before the event. Instead of DNS the race, she chose to tough it out, and walk the whole marathon. She finished in time and with a smile on her face. I say good for her, and that those are stories that truly make IM an amazing creature, but I guarantee that she did not start her IM training process with the goal of finishing right before midnight. Like I stated before, a lot of unknowns can happen on race day to cause you to flirt with a DNF, but I just hope that no one wants to do an IM knowing that is their fate. If you train right, and practice your routine, no one should have to worry about barely making any cutoff. If you cant do that, practice a while longer until you can make the cutoffs with the utmost of confidence. If my math is right, you would have to swim a 3:40/100m, bike at 13.5mph, and run a 15:00/mile pace to just barely finish at midnight. That does not seem unreasonable for any person to do with some decent level of health. If an athlete has to worry about hitting those marks, then they simply are not ready for the event.

I think you are coming off elitist as well.  So if finishing in 16-17 hours is too close then why would 15-16 be acceptable (since 16-17 is  not acceptable)

I'm one of those people who is going to be out there for a long time.  16-17 hours?  Probably not.  Maybe 15ish.  But I had knee surgery last Feb.  If it decides to give out at mile 20 I'm going to be the guy crawling to the finish line.  It is *possible* I'll be out there all day.

This is my first IM distance race.  I chose CdA vs FL (heck of a lot closer for me) because I wanted to push myself.  I wanted hills.  I did not want the "easy" IM course.

We don't have a lot of hill down here.  We don't have 58 degree water.  I'm comfortable with a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile ride and a marathon but I've never strung them all together before.

I do not think I'll have an issue with any of the cutoffs.  But all it takes is one problem.  Isn't it good to know what you are dealing with?

What happens if I have a mechanical issue.  Or something does not agree with the GI tract?  These are all things that can easily happen to even the best of athletes.  So while a 10 hour guy is not worrying about cutoff times the 15 hour guy is.  All it takes is one mistake and they are out of the race.

Sure.  The times sound pretty slow when you break them down one by one, but an Ironman is more than the sum of its parts.  Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by TriRSquared 2011-04-06 2:51 PM
2011-04-06 2:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Dallas
Anyone get a yellow/red card yet from their significant other regarding training?  I got a yellow card on Monday night and we still have 11 weeks to go.      

2011-04-06 3:14 PM
in reply to: #3432931

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
The reason I listed times is because they are, IMO, leisurely paces, even when you are talking in terms of an IM. 15:00 pace for the marathon is walking, and it does not get more leisurely than that.

Maybe I shouldn't have said a specific time limit on finishing (ie 16-17 hours). Instead, I'll put it this way: would you knowingly enter an event that you have little confidence that you will finish in time/before cutoffs? I wouldn't, and I would humble myself and come back at a later time knowing that I would crush the race. Mental strength is just as important as physical strength come race day, and leaving room of doubt ("oh no, I am not going to make the ___ cut off time") can really hurt you.

A lot of "issues" during race day can be averted. Have you double and triple checked your bike? Do you know how to fix issues on the fly, like change a tubular? Do you have a backup plan for your backup plan with nutrition? If you cover your , and dot your i's, and practice it over and over, even the most common issues during the race (like nutrition) can be avoided, or mitigated on the fly.

Yes, all it takes is one problem. Ask any finisher, and I will guarantee that no one had a "perfect" day. Something will always happen. You cramp on the swim, you drop a critical nutrition bottle, bad weather, mechanical, etc. Your best bet is to build your fitness level to a point that, even with race-day issues, you have no need to worry about finishing on time.
2011-04-06 3:37 PM
in reply to: #3432939

User image

Salt Lake City, UT

3Aims - 2011-04-06 1:52 PM Anyone get a yellow/red card yet from their significant other regarding training?  I got a yellow card on Monday night and we still have 11 weeks to go.      

define yellow and red card please   I understand they are sports references to warnings and out of the game, but how seriously are they meant in this context? yellow-threat of divorce and red-actual divorce papers or something like sleeping on the couch or no sex (who has time for that anyway)

2011-04-06 4:25 PM
in reply to: #3432722

User image

Expert
Liberty Lake, WA

JoshKaptur - 2011-04-06 12:40 PM Maybe they mean if you're not done loop 1of the bike by 4:00PM, they aren't going to let you start loop 2.  I have no problem with that since there would be no way you'd meet the bike cutoff anyway.

No.  1st loop cut-off is 1:30 PM.

2011-04-06 6:11 PM
in reply to: #3432997

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
15step - 2011-04-06 1:14 PM

The reason I listed times is because they are, IMO, leisurely paces, even when you are talking in terms of an IM. 15:00 pace for the marathon is walking, and it does not get more leisurely than that.

Maybe I shouldn't have said a specific time limit on finishing (ie 16-17 hours). Instead, I'll put it this way: would you knowingly enter an event that you have little confidence that you will finish in time/before cutoffs? I wouldn't, and I would humble myself and come back at a later time knowing that I would crush the race. Mental strength is just as important as physical strength come race day, and leaving room of doubt ("oh no, I am not going to make the ___ cut off time") can really hurt you.

A lot of "issues" during race day can be averted. Have you double and triple checked your bike? Do you know how to fix issues on the fly, like change a tubular? Do you have a backup plan for your backup plan with nutrition? If you cover your , and dot your i's, and practice it over and over, even the most common issues during the race (like nutrition) can be avoided, or mitigated on the fly.

Yes, all it takes is one problem. Ask any finisher, and I will guarantee that no one had a "perfect" day. Something will always happen. You cramp on the swim, you drop a critical nutrition bottle, bad weather, mechanical, etc. Your best bet is to build your fitness level to a point that, even with race-day issues, you have no need to worry about finishing on time.

I have to chime in here on this one. I entered my 1st IM having done 2 1/2 IMs prior (1 was in 8:16 and 1 was in 7:47). I'd never run a marathon before and had only done 1 Century ride but I absolutely knew that if I trained well and had fun that I was capable of doing all of the distances. I honestly didn't know (since I'd never run a marathon) that 1st IM if I would make the cut-off times. I was an ok swimmer (1:41) and a decent biker (8:04) but I'd also had major knee surgery and had no way of really knowing how I'd do on a marathon.

Turns out I did great, had an awesome day and finished with time to spare (16:22). I met many amazing people on the course who were flirting with the cut-offs because they didn't quite know how they would respond when putting all 3 sports together. I'm really thankful I didn't listen to the people who told me I should wait and just train more or harder or drop more weight etc before even attempting IM. I'm hoping IM #3 this June goes just as well and while I know that I'll once again be flirting with the cut-offs depending on how the day goes, it doesn't matter anymore because it's all about pushing myself and having fun!
2011-04-06 7:53 PM
in reply to: #3433249

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
If you had a good day and fun at the same time, then that is all that matters. Everyone has different goals, and comes from different places. I have looked at your stuff and you have certainly come a long way, and I bet you will crush your previous CdA times this year.

All I am saying is that, if you know you are pushing it on the cutoff times and do not take race day issues into consideration (like nutrition, weather or mechanical) you might not finish. I hate seeing people DNF because I know how much it hurts. I DNFd in the swim of Collegiate Nationals in Lubbock, TX when I tried racing with a 104 fever. I was absolutely crushed. I just dont want to see anyone else DNF in this race because they do not have the fitness level to finish.

2011-04-06 10:05 PM
in reply to: #3433361

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pacific NW

15step - 2011-04-06 5:53 PM If you had a good day and fun at the same time, then that is all that matters. Everyone has different goals, and comes from different places. I have looked at your stuff and you have certainly come a long way, and I bet you will crush your previous CdA times this year. All I am saying is that, if you know you are pushing it on the cutoff times and do not take race day issues into consideration (like nutrition, weather or mechanical) you might not finish. I hate seeing people DNF because I know how much it hurts. I DNFd in the swim of Collegiate Nationals in Lubbock, TX when I tried racing with a 104 fever. I was absolutely crushed. I just dont want to see anyone else DNF in this race because they do not have the fitness level to finish.

Actually, you said that if you think your finishing time will be 16-17 hours, then you're not ready for the IM distance.  And that if you will knowingly cut it close, then you shouldn't enter the race.  Wow.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to strongly disagree with you here.  There are a lot of people (even here on this thread) who will be knowingly push those cutoff times, but are plenty ready for the IM distance.  Some are IM finishers (or multiple finishers!) already.  Yeah, it's rough to have to stress about cutoff times, but that doesn't exclude them from being ready for the big day.  I know this is controversial, but really, you don't have to be fast to be an Ironman.  The medal hanging up in my living room proves it.  :-)

2011-04-07 8:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Brentwood, Tennessee

Got the red card, I am out. Probably going to Mexico instead (not to race, to drink Tequila). Between the training time and the cost it has just gotten to be too much. this trip was adding up to $5k - $6k, has just gotten out of hand. With the house rental ($1800), airfair ($1700) rental car ($350) bike transport ($300) entry ($575) I am already at $4725, and we have not had a thing to eat, drink, do, gas for the car, etc... I think my next attempt at IM will be one of the 4 races I can drive to (Save air, car and bike shipping) where IM is not the biggest event of the season (save on hotel).

At least I am in the best shape of my life, probably better shape than when I did IMLP. Going to run a 20 miler next week and if I can do that in a reasonable amount of time with a reasonable amount of energy left at the end, will use my fitness for the Country Music Marathon instead, because it is local.

Anybody want a 2 br/2 bath house right on the bike and run course? Great place, your followers will be able to see you 8 times throughout the day, still close to town, right on the water. It is right on CDA drive/centennial trail about half way in between the golf course and the big hill. I think it is about 2-3 miles from start. It is $1650 for 6 days + $150 cleaning fee, which is not much more than a hotel room. I can cancel up to April 25th and get my money back, but I would love to give the lady a notion that I have attempted to find another renter.

PM me and I will give you her contact info.

I will continue to follow the board and will be at home cheering you all on. Good luck!

Gary

2011-04-07 8:30 AM

User image

Master
Millersville, MD

Ironman = 140.6 miles in less than 17 hours on all US courses.  Each racer has an ideal potential finish time based on a variety of factors, including genetics.  For me, 16 hours would be a complete failure... but I got lucky in the endurance gene pool and my potential is fast.  I have 100% respect for any racer who finishes in less than 17 hours, and I think there are many who have done so and had to work just as hard to get there as I did for 10:30.  Hell, I have respect for people who give it a try and miss a cutoff.

I do understand your perspective, Dan -- the point is taking the distance seriously and showing up prepared.  I think you could have more carefully described that without gaining the elitist label.  For some people, based on genetics and circumstance and health and desire (this may not be their main hobby/interest) being as prepared as possible = barely making cutoffs.  I have no problem with that.  Heck, I have no problem with people who show up unpepared and give it a whirl and miss cutoffs.  Ironman is a race, but there are no rules about how seriously you take it.  And there's no real way to judge without knowing someone how seriously they took it based on performance.

But I also agree with you that most IM entrants, if they trained seriously and smartly and avoided injury (all inter-related), should easily make the cutoffs.  Ultimately, however, I only care about how I do (and others in my AG who are chasing Kona).

2011-04-07 8:41 AM
in reply to: #3433909

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
JoshKaptur - 2011-04-07 9:30 AM

Ironman = 140.6 miles in less than 17 hours on all US courses.  Each racer has an ideal potential finish time based on a variety of factors, including genetics.  For me, 16 hours would be a complete failure... but I got lucky in the endurance gene pool and my potential is fast.  I have 100% respect for any racer who finishes in less than 17 hours, and I think there are many who have done so and had to work just as hard to get there as I did for 10:30.  Hell, I have respect for people who give it a try and miss a cutoff.

I do understand your perspective, Dan -- the point is taking the distance seriously and showing up prepared.  I think you could have more carefully described that without gaining the elitist label.  For some people, based on genetics and circumstance and health and desire (this may not be their main hobby/interest) being as prepared as possible = barely making cutoffs.  I have no problem with that.  Heck, I have no problem with people who show up unpepared and give it a whirl and miss cutoffs.  Ironman is a race, but there are no rules about how seriously you take it.  And there's no real way to judge without knowing someone how seriously they took it based on performance.

But I also agree with you that most IM entrants, if they trained seriously and smartly and avoided injury (all inter-related), should easily make the cutoffs.  Ultimately, however, I only care about how I do (and others in my AG who are chasing Kona).

I am not known for being the most tactful person in the world and can sometimes come across as an , so you said it better than I can. I take this seriously, as should anyone who attempts to tackle an IM. Respect the distance and prepare for everything that can come your way raceday. If you do that, you should not have to worry about making cutoffs, and if you can not, then maybe you are not quite ready, no harm no foul.
2011-04-07 9:24 AM
in reply to: #3433901

User image

Seattle, WA
gremlin327 - 2011-04-07 6:27 AM

Got the red card, I am out. Probably going to Mexico instead (not to race, to drink Tequila). Between the training time and the cost it has just gotten to be too much. this trip was adding up to $5k - $6k, has just gotten out of hand. With the house rental ($1800), airfair ($1700) rental car ($350) bike transport ($300) entry ($575) I am already at $4725, and we have not had a thing to eat, drink, do, gas for the car, etc... I think my next attempt at IM will be one of the 4 races I can drive to (Save air, car and bike shipping) where IM is not the biggest event of the season (save on hotel).

At least I am in the best shape of my life, probably better shape than when I did IMLP. Going to run a 20 miler next week and if I can do that in a reasonable amount of time with a reasonable amount of energy left at the end, will use my fitness for the Country Music Marathon instead, because it is local.

Anybody want a 2 br/2 bath house right on the bike and run course? Great place, your followers will be able to see you 8 times throughout the day, still close to town, right on the water. It is right on CDA drive/centennial trail about half way in between the golf course and the big hill. I think it is about 2-3 miles from start. It is $1650 for 6 days + $150 cleaning fee, which is not much more than a hotel room. I can cancel up to April 25th and get my money back, but I would love to give the lady a notion that I have attempted to find another renter.

PM me and I will give you her contact info.

I will continue to follow the board and will be at home cheering you all on. Good luck!

Gary

Wow, sorry to hear that!  Although Mexico doesn't sound too shabby right now (the weather here's been TERRIBLE!).  I would agree that finding a drivable race will help your pocket a lot.  So far I'm only out $600 for the entry, and we'll be driving my in-laws' motorhome to CdA so lodging will be $50 a night for the RV park.  This is 100% why I chose CdA for my first IM, although the early date is sure making it hard to train in this TERRIBLE WEATHER!

Did I mention the weather is terrible here?  Ok, end rant.

2011-04-07 9:38 AM

New user
Bonney Lake
2011-04-07 9:40 AM
in reply to: #3433901

User image

Veteran
Dallas
gremlin327 - 2011-04-07 8:27 AM

Sent you PM. 

2011-04-07 9:44 AM
in reply to: #3433044

User image

Veteran
Dallas
kiki_zen - 2011-04-06 3:37 PM

3Aims - 2011-04-06 1:52 PM Anyone get a yellow/red card yet from their significant other regarding training?  I got a yellow card on Monday night and we still have 11 weeks to go.      

define yellow and red card please   I understand they are sports references to warnings and out of the game, but how seriously are they meant in this context? yellow-threat of divorce and red-actual divorce papers or something like sleeping on the couch or no sex (who has time for that anyway)

Ha.  Yes, soccer humor.  Yellow is a warning and I got my first lecture on training time and keeping up with all other obligations.  Red, well, that is a card I hope I don't see. 

2011-04-07 10:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Brentwood, Tennessee
3Aims, I sent you the VRBO link and some additional info.

Let me know if you are interested.  I would like to let the owner know by early next week and I would LOVE to tell her I may have found somebody, will help take the sting off.

Gary
New Thread
CLOSED
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 171