of 51

2008-12-22 5:39 AM
in reply to: #1856890

User image

Expert
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Gordo Byrn's Group - FULL

G.

I'm off to the pool this morning and I had a question about my swimming.  This exercise is relatively new to me (I can swim but never swam competitive when I was younger) and I have noticed that often when I get out of the pool I'm a little dizzy.  HR related?  I never get dizzy after/during a run or bike session.

As background:  The 1st time I got in the pool after starting the program I swam about 48 meters and I was gassed (could not wait until I hit the end of the pool to catch my breath).  Over the course of the last month I have been able to increase to where I can swim 400 meters consecutively in 11-12 minutes.

Thanks,

Jeff

2008-12-22 7:03 AM
in reply to: #1866838

User image

Regular
Essex, England
junthank - 2008-12-22 11:39 AM

This exercise is relatively new to me (I can swim but never swam competitive when I was younger) and I have noticed that often when I get out of the pool I'm a little dizzy.  Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, you sure its not too many chemicals in the pool. If your local pool adjusts the chemicals early morning and you are swimming before it has had chance to mix and dissipate you will feel rough. especially if like me you get a mouthful every now and then.

By the way good improvement on the distance. Trust me soon you will get to the point where distance is not the limiting factor, it becomes time available to train.

Dave

2008-12-22 7:12 AM

User image

Regular
Essex, England

Gordo,

have read all your tips and replies here for people re going long and slow and have made a point of trying to slow down. Went out Friday for a 5 mile run and tried to keep HR under 150. I managed it just about but it felt too slow and I wasn't at all out of breath which is a nice change, the only thing that stopped me was a blister. Also nice to wake up not aching as well and went for another 4 miles yesterday at a slightly faster pace but still comfortable.

I guess what I am trying to say is am I ok at that pace (about 6.5mph) as I can still talk normally and breath evenly etc. and just look to build up mileage.

My race schedule this year is 2 sprint in April and June and then 2 Olympic in July and Sept with maybe a 1/2 marathon later in the year. so far my longest runs have been 10k.

thanks

Dave

2008-12-22 8:58 AM
in reply to: #1866172

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights

It will be my first down in NJ.  I ran in about 6 of them over the years back up in Boston.  I've got 2 Aunts that are recoving as well as my mother-in-law who went through it about 4 years ago.

I will say something....NJ is starved for races.  Back home in Boston you would have your choice of races every weekend.

I like to have something on the calendar as a goal and motivational tool to keep me honest in my training.  I'll keep searching and hopefully more races will get posted after the new year.

2008-12-22 9:39 AM

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights

Gordo,

Have you always lived in high altitude?  Does that benefit your training?  I just spend 5 days out at Beaver Creek (first time out there).  With base elevation higher than any peak in the Northeast, I found walking up a flight of stairs got me winded.  I did manage to snowshoe a couple of days and found my heart beating through my chest at times.

Do endurance athletes such as yourself take advantage of training at high atlitudes?  Is there a benefit?

2008-12-22 9:39 AM

User image

Regular
Essex, England

Hi all thought I would post a similar Bio to Gordo so you get a feel for who I am and what I am hoping for. Feel free to do same so we get to know each other better.Smile 

PREFERRED MENTOR: Total Expert/pro who has been there, seen it, done it, and got the t-shirt.

NAME: Dave Pashley/Pashda

STORY: Played football (soccer) until age and injury forced me to quit at 30. Took up mountain biking for a while but not enough decent hills where I live now. Started gym workouts in 2003 and got stronger but less fit. Friend challenged me to do a triathlon in Feb 2008 so had to do it and here I am.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Paula with 2 young sons and have a son and daughter from a previous marriage.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently building a base for next season mostly swim 2-3 times per week and aiming for run 3 times per week with the odd spin class. cycling is the tough one to do for me but will use indoor trainer until the weather improves.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: 3 sprints and a 10k run

2009 RACES:  Main goals are to beat my time in the first sprint I did this year and do a couple of olympic tris and maybe a 1/2 marathon.

WEIGHTLOSS: Happy where I am at just under 200lbs (6'2'') as I dont have much bodyfat. Have to keep the training up though or 220lbs is never far away!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I am an information magnet and love getting new ideas for training and making myself a better athlete.

Dave

2008-12-22 9:47 AM
in reply to: #1867164

Illinois
broonsy - 2008-12-22 9:39 AM

Gordo,

Have you always lived in high altitude?  Does that benefit your training?  I just spend 5 days out at Beaver Creek (first time out there).  With base elevation higher than any peak in the Northeast, I found walking up a flight of stairs got me winded.  I did manage to snowshoe a couple of days and found my heart beating through my chest at times.

Do endurance athletes such as yourself take advantage of training at high atlitudes?  Is there a benefit?

The benefit is from living at altitude.  The saying goes - live high and train low.

2008-12-22 11:09 AM
in reply to: #1866838

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
junthank - 2008-12-22 4:39 AM

G.

I'm off to the pool this morning and I had a question about my swimming.  This exercise is relatively new to me (I can swim but never swam competitive when I was younger) and I have noticed that often when I get out of the pool I'm a little dizzy.  HR related?  I never get dizzy after/during a run or bike session.

As background:  The 1st time I got in the pool after starting the program I swam about 48 meters and I was gassed (could not wait until I hit the end of the pool to catch my breath).  Over the course of the last month I have been able to increase to where I can swim 400 meters consecutively in 11-12 minutes.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

Try the main board with that one.  Two things that I can think of are: horizontal to vertical causing temporary drop in blood pressure; and/or you are swimming more intensely than you realize.

Hope this helps,

g

2008-12-22 11:10 AM
in reply to: #1866888

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Pashda - 2008-12-22 6:12 AM

Gordo,

have read all your tips and replies here for people re going long and slow and have made a point of trying to slow down. Went out Friday for a 5 mile run and tried to keep HR under 150. I managed it just about but it felt too slow and I wasn't at all out of breath which is a nice change, the only thing that stopped me was a blister. Also nice to wake up not aching as well and went for another 4 miles yesterday at a slightly faster pace but still comfortable.

I guess what I am trying to say is am I ok at that pace (about 6.5mph) as I can still talk normally and breath evenly etc. and just look to build up mileage.

My race schedule this year is 2 sprint in April and June and then 2 Olympic in July and Sept with maybe a 1/2 marathon later in the year. so far my longest runs have been 10k.

thanks

Dave

Dave,

That sounds like a good couple of sessions.

g

2008-12-22 11:16 AM
in reply to: #1867164

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
broonsy - 2008-12-22 8:39 AM

Gordo,

Some altitude writings from my site...

http://www.gordoworld.com/gblog/labels/altitude.html

I haven't always lived up here, but my wife has (that's why we are here!).

If I was coaching an elite with unlimited funds then we would likely use a mix of altitude- and sea-level training.  It would also depend on the athlete's personal physiology and critical success factors for their race.

g

2008-12-22 11:25 AM
in reply to: #1864908

User image

Extreme Veteran
GordoByrn - 2008-12-20 2:48 PM
chartierm22 - 2008-12-19 2:51 PM

Thanks guys.

Hey John, I was reading your tread and also had a similar question about working out the swimming muscles but not in the pool.  I'm wondering if anyone knows, if you can't get to the pool could you use bands and lay on a bench and mimick your swimming motions to work on form and strengthen muscles or would that be a bad idea?

10-15 minutes of swim cords... http://www.byrn.org/gtips/swimcords.htm then go for a run.  

Way cool. This will be great since the pool I go to is closed January and February for repairs.

2008-12-22 11:30 AM
in reply to: #1864918

User image

Extreme Veteran
GordoByrn - 2008-12-20 2:55 PM
jenni4 - 2008-12-20 12:42 PM

2009 Schedule Below. I'm graduating in May and there's a possibility that we may move so I haven't planned anything beyond that.

Valentine's Day Run 5K
02/14/2009

Rebel Man Sprint Triathlon???*
03/29/2009

Steamboat Classic Triathlon???*
04/25/2009

GJCC Memorial Day Triathlon
05/25/2009

*Can't decide which to do. 

J,

Take the option that seems the most fun.

g

Well, the Rebel Man course sounds better than the Steamboat which includes a 5 mile run.  But the Steamboat is a lot closer to home.

2008-12-22 11:39 AM
in reply to: #1867165

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pashda - 2008-12-22 9:39 AM

Hi all thought I would post a similar Bio to Gordo so you get a feel for who I am and what I am hoping for. Feel free to do same so we get to know each other better.Smile 

Good Idea Dave

NAME: Jenn Cooper (Jenni4)

STORY: Never played sports, not very coordinated. Started working out a couple years ago and decided last year that doing a triathlon would be a good goal to train towards while getting in shape. Tried one in the summer but didn't finish, round 2 this spring.

FAMILY STATUS: Recently married + Dog

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently training for a 5K in February and building a base.

2009 RACES:  5K, 2-4 Sprint Tris, Duathlon?

WEIGHT LOSS: Working my way to 150#, I've already lost 6#

2008-12-22 12:34 PM

Illinois

My turn to update my bio.

NAME: Brian (BBDOPE - old college nickname)

STORY: I am almost 36 years old.  I live in the Chicago 'burbs (born and raised).  I am a sports medicine doctor, and I have always been an athlete.  I played soccer at a high level, and I still work for US Soccer as a traveling physician.  I have done medical coverage for multiple endurance events, including Chicago Marathon and Chicago Triathlon.  I am always motivated by the participants, my patients, and all their great stories.  A couple of years ago, I realized that secondary to injuries, family, and work/travel, I could no longer play soccer at the level I was.  I was beat up for days after a game.  However, I need competition and focus to help motivate myself, and I need to "walk the walk" to maintain rapport with my patients/athletes.  So I started running.  That led to some road races and now triathlon.   I love it.  It allows me to be active, healthy, and constantly working to better myself.  I still love that I compete (even if it is only with myself). 

FAMILY STATUS: married, 2 kids, 1 german shorthaired pointer (great running partner)

CURRENT TRAINING:  will start race specific training in January.  My first scheduled tri is in May.  I need to get back in the pool.  Haven't swam in 6 months, and I have no excuse.  I need better discipline with that aspect of my training.

2009 RACES:  2 sprints in the spring, 1/2 marathon Labor Day weekend, and finish the season with 2 oly distance.  I will mix some local 5k/10k in there as well.

WEIGHT LOSS:  I am 6 ft and currently 185 pounds.  I try to race at 175 pounds which was my college/professional playing weight.  However, I think I may race better at 165 pounds.  I don't need as big a frame for endurance events.  So i will let myself have some fun for the holidays, then back to my nutrition plan after that.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.  I have already learned that the tri community is full of great people with great stories.  And Gordo, I have several friends that are impressed that I have access to all your knowledge.

2008-12-22 12:37 PM
in reply to: #1867491

User image

Champion
jenni4 - 2008-12-22 11:39 AM
Pashda - 2008-12-22 9:39 AM

Good Idea Dave

yes VERY GOOD IDEA!

NAME: Stacie B. (skrtrnr)

STORY: Was never, ever athletic (my older brother had the corner on the market on that) It was 2006.  I was turning 40 and really unhappy.  I decided to make some changes....either that, or have a midlife crisis.  I chose to change.

So, I took up one of the most unlikely activities for me; running.  Lost 62 pounds in 6 months, and the running took on a life of its own.  I LOVED it.  who knew?

My original intention when I started running was eventually to do Triatholons, so after completing a 1/2 marathon this past August, and then setting personal best running a 10K the end of September, and suffering a slight set back (i developed a mortons neuroma), I find myself here in the world of tris, poised to compete in my first Mini in April.

Mine has been an amazing journey, and Ive gone through an incredible personal transformation, so much so at times I dont even recognize myself.  But like my signature says, 'life is a runaway train you cant wait to jump on'.  way too fun to miss out on!  i just had to leap...

FAMILY STATUS:  Married for 18 years (woosh!) and mom to three boys; 12, 9 and 6. and Junie, the Wonder Dog, Beagle/Boston Terrier Mix (NOT a good running partner, smile)

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently using the 20 Week Sprint 3X Balanced plan from this site, to build a base in swim and cycling and to rebuild a base in running.

2009 RACES:  Mini Sprint in April, 5 or 7 mile relay leg in May, MS150 in June, 5K on July 4th, and Sprint Tri in August.

WEIGHT LOSS: Went from 188 to 126.  Current weight is 128.5.  Maintained weight loss + or - for a year and a half now (THAT's the bigger accomplishment, by far)

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I was looking to make a change in my training 'strategy', so 'im all ears' and open to learning new things as I continue on my journey....

Edited by skrtrnr 2008-12-22 2:43 PM
2008-12-22 12:56 PM

User image

Champion

G.  some new HRM/run data:

17 MIN RUN ON THE TREADMILL

starting HR:  96

10 mins walking at 3.8  [walked w a purpose]

HR after 10 mins walking:  117

Started run at 4.0 as per your instructions

HR @ 4 mins:  134

reduced pace to 3.8

HR @ 5 mins:  117

increased pace to 4.0

HR @ 9 mins:  130

reduced pace to 3.8

HR @ 10 mins:  119

increased pace to 4.0

HR @ 14 mins:  131

reduced pace to 3.8

HR @ 15 mins:  118

increased pace to 4.0

HR @ 17 mins:  131

reduced pace to 3.8

HR @ 18 mins:  118

reduced pace to 3.5

5 mins walking

HR @ end of 5 mins walking @ 3.5:  109

reduced pace to 3.0

walked an additional 1 min.

HR @ end of 1 mins of walking @ 3.0:  73

HR ranges:  Easy:  119, Steady:  129, Mod Hard:  139 

what i noticed is that i had to keep reminding myself when i was walking that i was walking w a purpose...i found it really easy (cuz its still habit) to fall into that lollygagging walking ive been doing...

i honestly enjoyed the slower pace, but again, i had to be very mindful about staying 'engaged' in the run.  its easy at that pace to just kind of 'schlep' along and not think about what you are doing, and be 'loose and lazy'

what i did, was to start counting my foot falls and to stay in my regular range for # of footfalls during my run - i had to really, really shorten my stride w the pace being so low - but keeping my footfalls in the upper 70s, lower 80s kept me working and engage.

any other helpful strategies you can suggest to stay 'engaged'?

the other thing that was nice is that i got to actually listen to the songs i usually skip over iPod cuz they were too 'slow'....

all and all, working it out, getting used to the new rhythm, and the new routine.

HRMonitoring i have to admit is REALLY not my favorite thing to do, its tedious to me, but im game since im confident that it will bring about some positive outcomes in my trng over the long haul w consistency and persistence.

thoughts?  comments?  other suggestions?

keep doing what im doing, or make changes?

im all ears.

onwardandupward

Edited by skrtrnr 2008-12-22 2:41 PM

2008-12-22 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran

Peer pressure got me!

NAME: Greg Kelly (gtkelly)

STORY: I'm a 41 year old married father of 2 boys. I’ve struggled with my weight for a while and quit smoking back in August. Actually quit on Friday and bought running shoes on Saturday. Lifestyle was sedentary and my youngest son was following in my footsteps so it was time for a change. Now all of us are involved in some form of exercise.  Trips for ice cream have been replaced with outings to the Y.

Started running 4-5 days a week. Too much as I hurt all the time. Decided to ride a bike and it was fun. Got my son in swimming lessons and decided to swim during his lessons.  Remembered watching Ironman in Kona about 10 years ago and was fascinated by the athlete’s ability to do that much in one day. At the time I thought it impossible. Now I hope to join them someday.

FAMILY STATUS: married, 2 sons, 2 cats, 2 dogs.

CURRENT TRAINING:  Finished the C25k running program in November. Currently run 3x week, bike 3x and swim 3x. I’m working through Ruth Karez’s plan for swimming a mile. I’m on week 3.  Training is the best part of my day. I can shut out distractions and it’s MY time. Unless my sons run or bike with me – then it’s even better.  Gym workouts are tough, I like to be outside.

2009 RACES:  I'm planning 3 Sprints and 1 or 2 Olympic tris. I'll probably run a 5k or two with my sons.  

WEIGHT LOSS:  I’ve lost just over 30 pounds since getting my backside off the couch in August. I’ve got a bunch more to go. Can’t believe how fast it’s disappearing – I tried every diet that came across. None worked more than a week or two.  This time we threw all the unhealthy stuff out and just don't buy it.

Edited by gtkelly 2008-12-22 2:16 PM
2008-12-22 3:02 PM

User image

Regular
Berkeley Heights

NAME: Phil Bruno / Phil

STORY: Played baseball and football in highschool.  Started power lifting in Jr. year.  Put on 45lbs over next two years lifiting.  Left high school at 6'2", 245...My height hasn't changed (thank goodness) but I'm now tipping them at 280 (down from 296).  Have always tried to stay active but have been the type that goes all out, gets burned out or injured and back to old habits.  Need to get healthy for ME and my family.

My first taste was watching 3 friends do a sprint on Cape Cod.  I was sidelined with a high ankle sprain and a fractured elbow (result of competetive men's softball) but got up at 5am to go watch them.  I contemplated doing a relay with one of the guys wives and my wife.  Within 2 days, I wanted it on my own.  That was June of 2006.  In September of 2006 I completed my first sprint and never felt better (sort of).  That January, I had rotator cuff surgery.  Started training to do 3 sprints in 4 weeks of Sept 2007.  Took a new job in NJ, was immediately sent on the road for 2 of those 3 weeks and the third was the day I was moving into apt. So 2007 was shot.  This year, new baby, new home, new job, new state and lots of travel.  Decided this winter I make my move.

I've always been one to enjoy working out.  Never a strong runner due to size. But end up getting bored and "falling of the beam"  Now is my opportunity to use the multi-sport training to my advantage and follow through what I wanted to do.  Get off the couch, get to 225lbs and put a few races under my belt.

FAMILY STATUS:  Married since 2001, one son born on Christmas Day 2007 (poor guy), 1 Labradoodle named Maisy.

CURRENT TRAINING: Started the Couch to Sprint 12 week (RPE)

2009 RACES:  Philly Tri Boot Camp March 20-22, Komen Race for Cure 5k April 26, NJ Devilman Sprint May 3, NJ State Olympic July 26

WEIGHT LOSS: Coming off all time high of 296.  Once got from 278 to 235 about a decade ago. Too much yoyo wieght loss.  Need to take it off and keep it off LT.  Presently 280.  Not in any hurry to get to goal of 225.  Want to do it slow and healty.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I love "comparing notes."  I understand that we all do these things at our own health, fitness and intensity levels, so I am looking forward to see what everyone is doing.  Always willing to take advice from those that are better versed than I and willing to help others out looking for help. Hopefully get some great training tips along the way.

2008-12-22 3:16 PM

User image

Master
Central, IL

Went outside and just knocked-R-out.  Managed to keep the wind off me and it wasn't too bad.  I was bundled up...as you can see . 

It's difficult to breathe OR walk into a Liquor Mart (and not get arrested) with this mask on.

12/22/08

Bike  

40m

indoor trainer 

Run -

32m 21s 3.31 miles 09m 46s/Mi
Min HR: 105
Avg HR: 153
Max HR: 163

2008-12-22 4:13 PM
in reply to: #1867692

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO

Stacie --

The workout looks good -- with the HRM, use it to help guide you -- remember that you are still in control.  Ultimately, what we want to do is learn how each of those zones feels... 120, 130, 140, 150.... so we have an aerobic range.  When we start, we pretty much have on/off -- certainly it feels that way in the water!

As you get the hang of things, gradually lengthen the run blocks (and keep the walk blocks at a minute).

Overall, keep doing what you are doing -- see how it goes.

g

2008-12-22 4:15 PM
in reply to: #1867976

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO

Phil,

Not quite the 25th, but my birthday is December 26th.  Turning 40 this week.

g

2008-12-22 4:17 PM
in reply to: #1868012

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO

Dude!

That photo is killer -- a gortex mummy -- I asked Santa for a set of goggles and a snowsuit for Christmas so I could do high altitude trips in all conditions.  Bought myself a "spot" so my wife can track me on Google Maps.  I do a lot of stuff alone and she likes being able to see where I am.

g

2008-12-22 4:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Beach, Mississippi

NAME: Diane/Cardholic

STORY: I'm 46 years old, and I was a Lifelong couch potato until about 3 years ago- in fact, I used to skip PE in High School - especially during swimming (yes, we had a pool)

About 3 years ago, I started a new job, and took the opportunity to start changing things in my life, I went on a diet, and started working-out at Curves. I lost about 50 lbs. Then I had the opportunity to participate in Corporate Challenge - I signed up for the soccer team and canoeing team. For the first time in my life, I got to participate in a sport - it felt great. One of the Corporate Challenge events was a Walk with the Mayor... during this walk, There was a running booth... I stopped to buy a T-Shirt - They said they can take me from couch to Marathon... I signed up that week.

It took a year, but I ran my first Marathon on May 17, 2008 - got 2 stress fractures from it... I took 3 months off of running and gained about 10 pounds back... I wanted to add x-training to my running to balance things out, and hopefully avoid injury in the future... I learned that I love racing, so I looked into doing a triathlon.

FAMILY STATUS:  After an 18 year marriage, I divorced about 2 years ago. I have 2 sons ages 20 and almost 18 - They do not live with me. I live with my Boyfriend.

CURRENT TRAINING: Started training with TnT last Monday. So, for the next 5ish weeks it's close to a 2x/week schedule in each sport.

2009 RACES: 

2/7 lvtc 5k
2/21 Mardi Gras Masquerade 10k
3/28 Showdown at Sundown - Sprint Tri
4/18 Rage in the Sage - TnT (In Memory of Marilyn Britt) - Olympic Tri
5/9 Iron Girl - Sprint Tri
6/27 RnR Seattle - Half
9/27 LV - Olympic Tri
12/? RnR LV - Half

WEIGHT LOSS: It's been 3 years and I'm still down 40 pounds from my highest weight (I went from size 16 to size 6) I still fit in the 6, but it's getting tight  I still have about 20 pounds to lose to get into the "Healthy weight range" - I want to do this by eating right and exercising... I know I can lose weight, and I know I can keep it off!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I love to get support and learn from others who have been there done that and succeeded.

2008-12-22 4:36 PM

User image

Veteran

Yo all.

Swim day for me. Everyone's out for Christmas I guess and I had the pool to myself.

Did 1250 years, 34:11  with initial 400 @ 2:27/100. About 10-15 secs slower than normal. I was concentrating on pacing similar to what I did with the run yesterday.

No Heart Rate data - My HRM can't be used for swimming.

2008-12-22 7:37 PM

User image

Expert
Sarasota, FL

NAME: Jeff Unthank / Jeff or "Pops"

STORY: Played baseball and basketball prior to college.  Spent a ton of time in the gym playing basketball my freshman year in college (until my wife started the next year and got me into the classroom).  From that time until recently I really never focused on a particular sport.  I played tennis off and on, trained and ran a couple 10K's, but only did these activities for short periods of time.  You know the story - kids and career (not a good excuse).  Anyway, as a result of that lifestyle I managed to work my way up to 255 lbs and size 42 pants. 

So how did I get here? - Honestly, my daughter got engaged in June of 2007 with a wedding date of July of 2008.  I decided that I didn't want to "roll" down the aisle at the ceremony.  I joined a gym and lost 40 lbs (treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike).  After the wedding I promptly gained back 15 pounds.  This September I turned 50 and decided that I could not go back to my old lifestyle.  I went back to the gym, and for 1st time in 15 years got the bike out of the garage.  That's when I got hooked on cycling.  Somehow in October of 2008 I managed via the web to visit this website and I got inspired by the beginner stories.  I decided to give it a shot.

FAMILY STATUS:  Married to a wonderful wife for 27 years (known her for 33 years - high school sweethearts), Twins - Daughter (26) is a school teacher in Richmond, VA., Son #1 (26) is a financial analyst in Washington, DC., and Son #2 (16) is a high school 10th grader (yes he was planned) living with us in Sarasota, FL. 

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently doing the Couch to Sprint 12 week program.

2009 RACES:  Superbowl Y-Tri (Sprint) Feb 2nd (it's going to be my superbowl), Escape from Ft. DeSoto Tri (Sprint) April 11th, Heartland Tri (Sprint) July 26th, and we will see what happens from there!!!

WEIGHT LOSS: Mentioned above.  Currently at 220.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I know absolutely NADA about running, cycling and especially swimming.  Yeah I can do'em but.....  Since joining the group I feel like I'm this big sponge soaking up all this great information from all these inspirational people.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gordo Byrn's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 51