BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SMeador's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2011-01-19 8:33 AM
in reply to: #3263166

Subject: RE: SMeador's Group - FULL!
Yesterday was a crazy day for me. I ended up getting stuck in meetings and didnt get home until 8:00. 4:30- 8 makes for a long day and exausting BUT i still got my 3 miles in. I had to practically yell at myself to get my butt out the door but I did it. Work is in turmoil lately and I cant seem to catch a break, this is wearing on my mental toughness and really wearing me down. Big swim on the schedule tongiht.....here we go!

2011-01-19 2:46 PM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Alright, another swim day for me.  I have the books suggested by Margretta waiting at the library for me to pick up and I have also been looking at some videos on youtube with suggested drills, and things to practice for a visual.  Its hard for me to always picture what I am supposed to be doing by just reading it online. 

My goal for tonight is to practice the front/back balance drill and the side balance drill and to not worry about what anyone else is thinking. 

Then, it will be time to head home to cozy up with the pooch, report to you guys on my swim and watch a little Top Chef!!

2011-01-19 3:35 PM
in reply to: #3309431

Emwilltri - 2011-01-19 2:46 PM Alright, another swim day for me.  I have the books suggested by Margretta waiting at the library for me to pick up and I have also been looking at some videos on youtube with suggested drills, and things to practice for a visual.  Its hard for me to always picture what I am supposed to be doing by just reading it online. 

My goal for tonight is to practice the front/back balance drill and the side balance drill and to not worry about what anyone else is thinking. 

Then, it will be time to head home to cozy up with the pooch, report to you guys on my swim and watch a little Top Chef!!

Hey if you get alot of useful help or information from those books let me know and Ill check them out. Right now I have decent endurance when it comes to the swim but Im pretty sure I fight like heck to get there. My form is awful and Im sure I could improve. Enjoy your swim today Em and see you back on here soon! 
2011-01-19 4:25 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Just for the record... I will happily fly anywhere that is warm enough for me to get outside on a bike and coach people in the pool!!! *laughing*  I'm TIRED of this weather!!!! *eyeroll*

I got my treadmill workout in.  And I'm off to the range!! I shoot on Wednesday nights - so I have to sneak in a quick workout in order to make it out there in time for trap.  Tonight is also a rimfire fun-match for IDPA.
2011-01-19 5:42 PM
in reply to: #3309662

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Silver_wlf - 2011-01-19 4:25 PM Just for the record... I will happily fly anywhere that is warm enough for me to get outside on a bike and coach people in the pool!!! *laughing*  I'm TIRED of this weather!!!! *eyeroll*

I got my treadmill workout in.  And I'm off to the range!! I shoot on Wednesday nights - so I have to sneak in a quick workout in order to make it out there in time for trap.  Tonight is also a rimfire fun-match for IDPA.

Since I'm in the tropical paradise *insert sarcasm here* of WI, perhaps we should both fly somewhere warm and you can give me lessons.  In our "rest time" we can lay on the beach Tongue out

So the swim was a half success tonight.  The front to back balance drill that I practiced went well, then I tried the side balance one and have decided I am a sinker.  They sure make it look a lot easier in the youtube videos!  After talking with the hubster he suggested that perhaps I just let go of my pride and look for someone to take private lessons so that I can stop being frustrated.  I think he's right (hopefully he doesn't read this!) Wink

Well, now its time to finish my dinner, do a little cleaning in preparation of the family and then hopefully stay awake long enough to watch Criminal Minds & Top Chef!!
2011-01-19 6:48 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Good job on the swim Em!

I got myself to the gym and ran round and round on the indoor track.  Started out feeling a bit slow and heavy legs, but after awhile I felt good.

Happy thursday everyone!

2011-01-19 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3309807

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Emwilltri - 2011-01-19 5:42 PM
Since I'm in the tropical paradise *insert sarcasm here* of WI, perhaps we should both fly somewhere warm and you can give me lessons.  In our "rest time" we can lay on the beach Tongue out

This is an EXCELLENT plan!!!! We should have a spring training camp at an all inclusive!!!! *giggle*

The lessons are an excellent idea.  I know it's not fun to ask - but once you get the help it will be all worth it.
2011-01-19 8:20 PM

illinois
Thanks for all the encouragment--- it is sooo helpful---- I have a question---does anyone else suffer from achey feet? The tops of my feet hurt after running--- a friend of mine said my arches are dropping and that is why I hurt. They suggested an insert which I bought and i m not sure yet how its helping... I didnt buy the one from the foot doctor they recomended cuz it was 30 bucks i got it from the drug store for 15....any sugestions or ideas??
2011-01-19 8:46 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
I would make sure your shoes aren't too tight.  It's easy to crank them up too tight and not notice that once blood gets flowing they're too tight.  If not - then making sure they fit correctly. 
2011-01-20 8:09 AM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Well, the day started out ok with a half hour on the bike trainer....then for some reason I must have been dilly dallying when getting ready because by the time I was ready to leave my house I was running late.  To make things worse I needed to bring 2 bags of garbage to the end of the driveway this morning (to add to the pile I brought out BEFORE I started cleaning last night). 

In the interest of saving time, I decided to place one bag on the floor of my car and hang onto the other while backing out of the driveway.  Everything was fine--tossed the one bag onto the pile, and then grabbed the other that was on the floor of my car which caught on something and tore the bag open, spilling .....not just garbage.....but KITTY LITTER...all. over. my. floor!  (as well as the driveway).  I used a box on the garbage pile to try and get as much into the garbage can as I could, and then decided it was a must that I stop at the gas station shop vac before going anywhere else.  Awesome, eh?

Oh well, at least today is my Friday and I have half my working out done for the day.  After work I am heading to my 1st wedding dress fitting (!!) and then onto the gym for a quick run.

I hope everyone's Thursday started out a little better than mine!! Sealed
2011-01-20 9:58 AM

User image

New user
Texas
OMG.  Talk about a bad morning.  Hopefully that is all you have to endure.  A wedding is so exciting.  Hope you find THE ONE this weekend!

oops... misread - you are getting fitted.  Exciting news. Have fun!

Edited by mquevedo 2011-01-20 9:59 AM

2011-01-20 11:04 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Good Morning all!

It is just a cold dreary day here in NTX.  The day started out at 44 degrees.  It is now 35 and it is only 11am.

Got an hour on the trainer this morning.  Caught another episode and a half of Damages.  That show is so good and really makes the time fly by.  Still have to swim tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

2011-01-20 1:02 PM

wow, atlk about a day. I know all of oyu have had pretty bad days today and unfortunately I am not excluded from that mix. Here in Tulsa and OKC ( where my business is) we had a good amount of ice and then snow. Well one of my businesses is parcel delivery so I have been on the phone and dealing with horrible conditions all day until now. what. a. mess. I totally missed my workout this morning because of it. I will get it done tonight and do whatever it takes to do it, I must.
ONE MORE DAY TILL THE WEEKEND! I need a vaca...
2011-01-20 1:25 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario

Gotta love January eh? *sigh*  I need spring to come!! I'm done with this icy crap - I can't even ski!

Well - I've had a rotten week and now I'm just in a mood.  So I'm going to skip the pool tonight because I don't have much patience for people and sometimes it's best just to avoid when I'm feeling this way.  So instead I'm going to do a run on the treadmill when I get home and then go to the other club I belong to to update the website and maybe shoot a round of trap.  It was WAY too cold last night and I forgot my hat - so I just said "No Thanks." and came home.

I might do a swim on my own this weekend. We'll see. 

Edited by Silver_wlf 2011-01-20 1:26 PM
2011-01-20 2:38 PM
in reply to: #3311586

Silver_wlf - 2011-01-20 1:25 PM

Gotta love January eh? *sigh*  I need spring to come!! I'm done with this icy crap - I can't even ski!

Well - I've had a rotten week and now I'm just in a mood.  So I'm going to skip the pool tonight because I don't have much patience for people and sometimes it's best just to avoid when I'm feeling this way.  So instead I'm going to do a run on the treadmill when I get home and then go to the other club I belong to to update the website and maybe shoot a round of trap.  It was WAY too cold last night and I forgot my hat - so I just said "No Thanks." and came home.

I might do a swim on my own this weekend. We'll see. 

Sounds like you are in one of those moods! Me too...I think its just the weather, it will pass I hope....soon
2011-01-20 3:47 PM

Sounds like we are all struggling with work/life. But remember....LIFE IS GOOD!!!! *smile* it always helps. :-)

2011-01-20 4:31 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Okay! I went and ran in the snow that's falling.  It was really pretty and I always find it quieter when it snows.  I took both dogs - which sometimes can be a disaster - but tonight was wonderful.  They were SO happy to be out for a run and I was reminded of how lucky I am.  Sometimes I forget to look from the other perspective.  It's easy to slip into that "winter blahs" and forget that there's another side to the story.
2011-01-20 6:34 PM
in reply to: #3312036

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Silver_wlf - 2011-01-20 4:31 PM Okay! I went and ran in the snow that's falling.  It was really pretty and I always find it quieter when it snows.  I took both dogs - which sometimes can be a disaster - but tonight was wonderful.  They were SO happy to be out for a run and I was reminded of how lucky I am.  Sometimes I forget to look from the other perspective.  It's easy to slip into that "winter blahs" and forget that there's another side to the story.

Great perspective!  I am sure the pups had a great time!

I had a really good swim tonight.  I feel I have made a breakthrough as I am now consistently below 2:00 per 100!

2011-01-20 6:43 PM
in reply to: #3312249

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
dodgersmom - 2011-01-20 6:34 PM

Silver_wlf - 2011-01-20 4:31 PM Okay! I went and ran in the snow that's falling.  It was really pretty and I always find it quieter when it snows.  I took both dogs - which sometimes can be a disaster - but tonight was wonderful.  They were SO happy to be out for a run and I was reminded of how lucky I am.  Sometimes I forget to look from the other perspective.  It's easy to slip into that "winter blahs" and forget that there's another side to the story.

Great perspective!  I am sure the pups had a great time!

I had a really good swim tonight.  I feel I have made a breakthrough as I am now consistently below 2:00 per 100!

Yay!!! That's awesome!!! Congrats!
2011-01-20 6:57 PM

illinois
I just read how everyone's day has gone and i have to chime in--- i got up at 4:45am and started shoveling snow still hoping to make it to the ymca for spin at 5:30---well that didnt happen -- there was a lot of snow I shoveled for 45 min i fell down on the driveway 2!! didnt hurt at the time but now my right top of my hip is starting to ache---i hope it doesnt get much worse!! Anyway I did manage to get on my bike in the basement for 45 min so i was ok with that. I am counting my shoveling for my strength training today!!! Lets all have a better day tomm esp cuz its FRIDAY--Yeah!!!! hang in there everybody-- one day at a time : ) congrats to gettn your workouts in on these tuff days ---
2011-01-20 10:29 PM
in reply to: #3311939

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX
bikermanmo - 2011-01-20 3:47 PM Sounds like we are all struggling with work/life. But remember....LIFE IS GOOD!!!! *smile* it always helps. :-)

Add me into the mix too. No workouts this week. . May get in a long swim tomorrow after PT.

2011-01-21 6:42 AM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Good Morning, and Happy Friday!!

Yesterday's dress fitting went well....as the girl was checking out the fit she asked if I had lost weight since the last time Smile  That always makes a girl feel good! 

After the fitting I still went to the Y and did my run and for whatever reason it was hard to run for the 33 minutes I was scheduled for.  Not sure if it was because I used one of the treadmills I don't like very much or if my heart wasn't in it or what....glad I wasn't scheduled to go any longer!

Then I got home and had a few homebrewed beers with Brent (we are all about home made things....canning, sausage making, beer making, wine making...) and went to bed.

Of course since I don't have to work today I had a horrible time sleeping last night and have already been up for hours....it always seems to work that way!  Oh well, we are enjoying a little coffee and quiet time right now, then its off to the Y for a short run and short swim!  (we are waiting for it to warm up a little....currently its -9 out with windchills of around -20)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and great weekend!!  I plan on logging my workouts for today and tomorrow but will probably be quiet otherwise because my whole family is coming to stay for the weekend and they usually keep me pretty busy Sealed
2011-01-21 7:19 AM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Great news on the fitting Em!!! Whooohoooo!!!

So today I'm going to run again after work.  My bike is in my training partner's basement and he doesn't get home until 6 - and I have dinner reservations for 7.  I will probably run on the treadmill tho.  It's definitely not as tough as running outside - and it doesn't have the added "mental" benefits of being outside.  (I use running like therapy sometimes - just to run off some frustrations - but I think the treadmill frustrates me more than it helps me work off anything...)

This weekend I'm going to do my long run tomorrow outside then spin on Sunday morning.  My sister and I are starting a run group for new runners on Sunday afternoons.  We will run clinics (Couch to 5k / 10k) this spring but we wanted to provide an opportunity for some of the runners that ran in my clinics in the spring and fall to come out and run.  (It's easier with other people!)

Have a great day everyone!!!
2011-01-21 10:27 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Happy Friday gang!

This has been a very long short week!

Need to make up last Sunday's run today.  1:40.  But it is COLD outside.  Need to figure out what to do

2011-01-21 2:38 PM

My training, in which I was going to go from just swimming 3-4 days per week to doing what is on the new plan, has been non existent.  Not only have I not followed the plan, but I haven't even been swimming, either!  Between the beginning of a new semester at the university (where I work), the snow, and completely falling behind on all my other projects, I've had lots of 'excuses' to think "I'm too busy to ....." 

Tonight, I will get on the trainer for at least 15 minutes -- longer than any session I've done so far.  Just 5 minutes still feels like forever, so it might take several attempts to make it to 15. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SMeador's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 12