Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2008-07-08 1:15 PM
in reply to: #1102173

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Subject: RE: Schmize's Group - FULL

Great races you guys!  I have been so busy with work and my training, I hadn't had a chance to read the RR.  I have now and team Schmize continues to rock the tri-world!!!

I get to do an OWS race this weekend, and then I top it off with an HIM the next.  I am ready to get racing again!!!

2008-08-20 5:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
well I'm making final preps for my trip to CO this saturday to race the oly on sunday...trained like crazy and feel like I'm in the best shape of my life...still pretty nervous about the swim distance even though I routinely swim that far in practice, of course practice isn't in a cold mountain lake.

the altitude is still a question mark but I think my arrival plans and being very well trained and rested will make that ok. one big concern that just came up recently is I never really thought about what the weather will be like......seems like it's august it should be warm but it goes down to 40ish overnight and might only be in the 50-60s for race time. living in the FL keys I have no need for cold weather gear nor anyplace to buy any. so I had to buy a jacket last minute online and have it shipped to CO. a cycling jacket and some gloves are going to have to be sufficient.

right now I'm more excited than nervous and can't wait to get there and get racing. I'm looking at this race like I did my first race....I don't care about my time, I simply want to finish....and not be last.

I'll get a race report done and let you all know how it went
Angelo
2008-08-20 9:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Best of luck. May the chill give you speed.
2008-08-21 8:43 AM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles
Good luck Angelo. I am sure you will be fine with all the training you've done! Can't wait to read your race report.

I had to leave for Denmark for a month due to a family emergency, so I missed Camp Pendleton Olympic, which is a bummer as I was in peak condition for it. I did however spend the entire month focusing on my run, which has made huge improvements as a consequence.

I am going to do a Sprint (that should be fun) in September,but my A-Race of the year is now the Pumpkinman Half Iron distance in Boulder City, Nevada. It's the Club Nationals as well, and the bike course is tough, tough, tough as it's almost all uphill.

Hope everyone is doing good and racing hard - Scott, how are you doing?
2008-08-21 9:38 AM

User image

Good Luck Angelo. Time to cash in on all training "deposits" you've made this season. It'll be great. Have fun and race smart.
2008-08-21 11:15 AM

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois

Good luck Angelo, you are ready!

I now have less than 3 weeks to my 1st Ironman.  I am starting to get anxious.

I did not update you guys, but I have raced twice over the last month and PR'd in both in preperation.  I did a HIM in 4:44 and an Oly in 2:09:46, which was good enough for 2nd in my AG (out of 79).  Very happy with how the summer has led to many improvements. 

We are getting towards the end of the season for most.  The winter is a great time to work on your limiter (s).  We all have them

2008-08-21 1:39 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles
Those are wicked good times...you could probably have qualified for Clearwater if it was a WTC race...

Can't wait to hear you Ironman race report - good luck with it.
2008-09-01 7:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
haven't had time to update you all but my oly is done and was quite and adventure. I finished in 2:19, surprisingly I had laid out all my times prior to the event and calculated 2:20 so no complaints there.

this was an especially hard race for me due to the cold water and air temp as well as the high altitude really kicked my butt.

the swim in this event was probably the biggest test of my resolve and ability to overcome fear and pain that I can remember. I wrote a pretty long winded race report about it and would like to hear what you think.

Angelo
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Schmize's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 8