Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-06-25 9:25 AM
in reply to: #2242107

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Ha Ha I am not the only!! I was practicing my transitions and I dont even plan to take them on the bike in my race on the 5th. Get out of the water take off googles and hat put on helmit and run with bike, jump on and pedel. I think I will wear them on the run as it will hide the suffering I will be doing. Suffering in a fun way of course.  

KelliD - 2009-06-25 9:21 AM Glad to  know I'm not alone....I actually hate sunglasses when I ride!  I don't wear mine all the time.  When I do wear them it's more to keep the bugs and dust/road dirt out of my eyes.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-25 10:17 AM Maybe its me but I have not really liked sun glasses while riding. I always tend to be looking out the top of them when they dont fit tight to my face. I have a pair of nike ones. I just havent brought myself to fork over 150+ for a pair of Oaks either. I could be missing out.

2009-06-25 9:33 AM
in reply to: #2242107

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
KelliD - 2009-06-25 9:21 AM Glad to  know I'm not alone....I actually hate sunglasses when I ride!  I don't wear mine all the time.  When I do wear them it's more to keep the bugs and dust/road dirt out of my eyes.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-25 10:17 AM Maybe its me but I have not really liked sun glasses while riding. I always tend to be looking out the top of them when they dont fit tight to my face. I have a pair of nike ones. I just havent brought myself to fork over 150+ for a pair of Oaks either. I could be missing out.

I actually don't like wearing them on the bike or run either...simply due to heavy sweating and drippin' all on em.  Then ya can't see a thing.
2009-06-25 9:38 AM
in reply to: #2241964

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Buffalo Springs 1/2...watch out!  You are going to rock the course Justin!

Thanks!  I do think you meant my TIGERS took'em down.  Kittens couldn't do such a thing!   An Aggie Justin...say it ain't so!

Thanks for the sunglasse suggestions everyone!  Eric has the Oakley's flak jackets I believe.  I actually can't ride without'em.  My eyes get too dry.  Maybe cause I wear contacts?

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 8:47 AM Happy Thursday y'all...   I'll be pulling a Nicole/Evd&BvD tomorrow, by which I will be OFF... getting everything together, double & triple checking the gear for the early morning start west on Saturday!

I would like to Congradulate Betsy's LSU TIGERS!  The kittens took down the steers in last nights butt whoopin!  For what it's worth Betsy... I am Aggies fan, so I am not heart broke that the T-sippers lost...  Saw 'em Off!    Whooooooop!

Nicole ~ hey retard-o-montalbahn...  Some parts of the country (by my own experience) does not always share the same foods (It's called Tex Mex for a reason - not Flo Mex!)... California for ex.  they don't serve chile con queso and they just started fajitas in recent years...  Don't make me go all KFK meets MTM on your A!  Now get in the kitchen and wrangle me up some fajitas woman!

(I know the sunglasses question was directed towards the women of the group)....but, IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Oakley line... The flak jackets XLJ, and the radars... nice narrow fit, polarized, and you can get them in the pink girly girl colors.  Of course, the price...leaves something to be desired.   
2009-06-25 9:41 AM
in reply to: #2242006

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Seriously...that's ridiculous!  Qualifying for Kona on your first IM.  I hate those fast people....well, not hate.  Just SUPER jealous!

My friend Debbie did CdA.  She enjoyed the course as well.  I actually got to watch her finish via Internet which I thought was super cool! 

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 8:57 AM
Nicole83 - 2009-06-24 4:10 PM I don't know if you guys are big race report readers, but this girls report gave me goosebumps.
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=165945&posts=25&start=1

That girl rocked it!  I would like to do CdA some day!  I watched last years on TiVo and listened & watched the race coverage on line... gets you pumped!  I hope I can only be this lucky to have such a great IM experience!
2009-06-25 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2240803

User image

Master
New York, NY
I'm totally addicted to reading these.  Awesome RR!!!  What an amazing first IM....and to walk away with a Kona slot to boot! 

Nicole83 - 2009-06-24 5:10 PM I don't know if you guys are big race report readers, but this girls report gave me goosebumps.
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=165945&posts=25&start=1
2009-06-25 10:15 AM
in reply to: #2242175

User image

I am a wanna be Aggie...hence the fan part!  I always wanted to go to school there...but never made it happen.  Midwestern State & U of H CL for BA & MA... no real teams, mascots, or anything to really cheer for... blah!  I do envy the school mojo y'all have... LSU, Florida, & even FSU (Nicole).  When I was 15 or 16 I saw a bumper sticker... "Aggies & Marines, two tough teams"...  SOLD!  Got the Marine part, but missed the Aggie part... anyways ~ YES, I am an Aggie Fan!  AND neither of my boys want to go to Aggieland... my oldest wants to go to Sam Houston State and the youngest... yep, you guessed it!  UT Austin...  lil' liberal minded hippie wanna be!    

Betsy0706 - 2009-06-25 9:38 AM Buffalo Springs 1/2...watch out!  You are going to rock the course Justin!

Thanks!  I do think you meant my TIGERS took'em down.  Kittens couldn't do such a thing!   An Aggie Justin...say it ain't so!

Thanks for the sunglasse suggestions everyone!  Eric has the Oakley's flak jackets I believe.  I actually can't ride without'em.  My eyes get too dry.  Maybe cause I wear contacts?

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 8:47 AM Happy Thursday y'all...   I'll be pulling a Nicole/Evd&BvD tomorrow, by which I will be OFF... getting everything together, double & triple checking the gear for the early morning start west on Saturday!

I would like to Congradulate Betsy's LSU TIGERS!  The kittens took down the steers in last nights butt whoopin!  For what it's worth Betsy... I am Aggies fan, so I am not heart broke that the T-sippers lost...  Saw 'em Off!    Whooooooop!

Nicole ~ hey retard-o-montalbahn...  Some parts of the country (by my own experience) does not always share the same foods (It's called Tex Mex for a reason - not Flo Mex!)... California for ex.  they don't serve chile con queso and they just started fajitas in recent years...  Don't make me go all KFK meets MTM on your A!  Now get in the kitchen and wrangle me up some fajitas woman!

(I know the sunglasses question was directed towards the women of the group)....but, IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Oakley line... The flak jackets XLJ, and the radars... nice narrow fit, polarized, and you can get them in the pink girly girl colors.  Of course, the price...leaves something to be desired.   

2009-06-25 10:38 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
INTIMDATOR Hurry quick!!! Where are you. Our boy Justin is about to head out and needs a cheer!! How could we send him off to slay the Tatonka with out a cheer.

Plus girls in Cheer leader outfits is always a nice mental image.  Laughing
2009-06-25 11:08 AM
in reply to: #2242329

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Oh no!  The oldest seems to be a lost hope but the youngest...maybe you still have time!

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 10:15 AM I am a wanna be Aggie...hence the fan part!  I always wanted to go to school there...but never made it happen.  Midwestern State & U of H CL for BA & MA... no real teams, mascots, or anything to really cheer for... blah!  I do envy the school mojo y'all have... LSU, Florida, & even FSU (Nicole).  When I was 15 or 16 I saw a bumper sticker... "Aggies & Marines, two tough teams"...  SOLD!  Got the Marine part, but missed the Aggie part... anyways ~ YES, I am an Aggie Fan!  AND neither of my boys want to go to Aggieland... my oldest wants to go to Sam Houston State and the youngest... yep, you guessed it!  UT Austin...  lil' liberal minded hippie wanna be!    

2009-06-25 11:53 AM
in reply to: #2242414

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-06-25 10:38 AM INTIMDATOR Hurry quick!!! Where are you. Our boy Justin is about to head out and needs a cheer!! How could we send him off to slay the Tatonka with out a cheer.

Plus girls in Cheer leader outfits is always a nice mental image.  Laughing

LMAO!  Never an Intimidator around when you need one! 

Don't forget to include the vD's in your cheer, they'll be hammerin' a sprint on Sunday too.  BvD is gonna lay down a PR on her plenty nice QRoo Mafia ride and her man...well  Super Dood is gonna bring home some hardware methinks!
2009-06-25 11:59 AM

User image

Yes, I edited my comments so as not to damage the Intimidators fragile sensibilities!  Wink

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-06-25 2:59 PM

(Poor ladie.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Poor ladie.jpg (70KB - 5 downloads)
2009-06-25 2:19 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I am going to put on my long sleeve, heat index = 110 burrrrr

Good thing I will be in the water today. OWS this evening.

2009-06-25 2:57 PM
in reply to: #2243153

User image

two words... SUN SCREEN!   UV = 9, heat index = the surface of the sun might be cooler!

Newtons1st - 2009-06-25 2:19 PM I am going to put on my long sleeve, heat index = 110 burrrrr

2009-06-25 4:22 PM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
JUSTIN!!!!!

Good luck this weekend!

I don't have the brain power to come up with anything exciting as far as a cheer goes...

uhm...

*toe touch*
*splits*

*adjusts pigtails*

Rah rah rah!  Go Justin Besty and Eric!

*woo*

Is that good enough for ya todd? (freaking perverts, I'm telling ya.)
2009-06-25 4:24 PM
in reply to: #2243303

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
And for the love of god make sure you put it on when you're sober.  Otherwise you'll be a leper with peeling ninnies by next week.

Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 3:57 PM two words... SUN SCREEN!   UV = 9, heat index = the surface of the sun might be cooler!

Newtons1st - 2009-06-25 2:19 PM I am going to put on my long sleeve, heat index = 110 burrrrr

2009-06-25 4:25 PM
in reply to: #2242670

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Trin2bfast - 2009-06-25 12:59 PM Yes, I edited my comments so as not to damage the Intimidators fragile sensibilities!  Wink

There's no stump there.  Whew, not me.
2009-06-26 8:30 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Yes ladies and gents (wait I am the only gent here today) it is finally that day we all work for all week. Friday.

My OWS actually got moved to indoors so I had no issues with sunburn. Is it creepy if a guy asks you to put sunsceen on his back? What if it is hairy? Thank god mine isnt.  I have set an OWS session for Wednesday morning though.

So for my busy as hell weekend I have to, Run at 6:00p today, 8:30p play V-Ball League, Sat Morning get an hour bike ride in at 6a, kids stuff at 9a, meet HS friend from Houston with 3 others at 2p for lunch and a few brews, talk about how great we were, get waitress to flirt with us so we think we still got it but she is just trying to get a better tip, get home and brag to wife how lucky she is to have a stud like me because this waitress was sooo into me, go see the hangover that night, get home and do what married couples do when they finally have no kids in the house, no not clean, Sunday morning OWS followed by 30-35 mile bike, meet friends to water ski I wake board, at 11a and a long run 5.5 mile that evening. Monday will be a Day off of triaing. Will be doing loads of stretching all next week. That about sums it up.

Edited by Newtons1st 2009-06-26 8:35 AM

2009-06-26 8:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Whew....I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend Todd!
2009-06-26 9:01 AM
in reply to: #2244631

User image

Master
Houston
You think I'm nuts to leave you alone with all of the fine ladies in our group!?!?!

Sounds like you have quite the weekend planned, most jealous about the wakeboarding... we've only been on the boat once so far this year which is pathetic. You guys have good lakes up there? Houston only really has one option near the city, the rest of the larger lakes are overcrowded.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-26 8:30 AM Yes ladies and gents (wait I am the only gent here today) it is finally that day we all work for all week. Friday.

My OWS actually got moved to indoors so I had no issues with sunburn. Is it creepy if a guy asks you to put sunsceen on his back? What if it is hairy? Thank god mine isnt.  I have set an OWS session for Wednesday morning though.

So for my busy as hell weekend I have to, Run at 6:00p today, 8:30p play V-Ball League, Sat Morning get an hour bike ride in at 6a, kids stuff at 9a, meet HS friend from Houston with 3 others at 2p for lunch and a few brews, talk about how great we were, get waitress to flirt with us so we think we still got it but she is just trying to get a better tip, get home and brag to wife how lucky she is to have a stud like me because this waitress was sooo into me, go see the hangover that night, get home and do what married couples do when they finally have no kids in the house, no not clean, Sunday morning OWS followed by 30-35 mile bike, meet friends to water ski I wake board, at 11a and a long run 5.5 mile that evening. Monday will be a Day off of triaing. Will be doing loads of stretching all next week. That about sums it up.
2009-06-26 9:05 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
So is THAT why husband always tells me about all the cute girls that hit on him when the boys all go out?

Hmmm... makes sense.

In terms of your sunscreen question- that would freak me out beyond recognition.  I hate touching people, or being touched for that matter, so my whole body pretty much went into convulsions by just reading the question.

But I'm a freak, so you might want to ask for some other oponions on that one.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-26 9:30 AM Yes ladies and gents (wait I am the only gent here today) it is finally that day we all work for all week. Friday.

2009-06-26 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2244754

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Oh yes, all the boys want to do me with my leprosy.

I'm jealous about the wakeboarding too.  We've been out a bunch this year, but it's always so much fun!

evondo - 2009-06-26 10:01 AM You think I'm nuts to leave you alone with all of the fine ladies in our group!?!?!

Sounds like you have quite the weekend planned, most jealous about the wakeboarding... we've only been on the boat once so far this year which is pathetic. You guys have good lakes up there? Houston only really has one option near the city, the rest of the larger lakes are overcrowded.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-26 8:30 AM Yes ladies and gents (wait I am the only gent here today) it is finally that day we all work for all week. Friday.

2009-06-26 9:08 AM
in reply to: #2244754

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Eric thank goodness I thought I would have to fend for myself.

There are quite a few decent lakes to pick from up here. I would say there are about 6-7 to pick from in the DFW area and it depends on what part of the area you are in. Of course if you get a little farther out the less crowded they are.

evondo - 2009-06-26 9:01 AM You think I'm nuts to leave you alone with all of the fine ladies in our group!?!?!

2009-06-26 9:43 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Happy Friday and race-y weekend all!!!

What a weekend you have planned!!

I'm with Nicole on the sunscreen thing.  I don't like touching random people and even more I hate random people touching me.  I'd rather chance some splotchy sunburn and put on my own sunscreen.  But that's just me.

Newtons1st - 2009-06-26 9:30 AM Yes ladies and gents (wait I am the only gent here today) it is finally that day we all work for all week. Friday.

Edited by KelliD 2009-06-26 9:44 AM
2009-06-26 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2244924

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
So you are watching some guys play V-Ball outside ala Top Gun looking dudes and ones asks for a little help with his back???? You and Nichole run off screaching and gagging?

KelliD - 2009-06-26 9:43 AM Happy Friday and race-y weekend all!!!

I'm with Nicole on the sunscreen thing.  I don't like touching random people and even more I hate random people touching me.  I'd rather chance some splotchy sunburn and put on my own sunscreen.  But that's just me.

2009-06-26 10:04 AM
in reply to: #2244946

User image

Master
New York, NY
hmmmm....wellllllllll.....maybe I could be persuaded to have a change of heart

Newtons1st - 2009-06-26 10:49 AM So you are watching some guys play V-Ball outside ala Top Gun looking dudes and ones asks for a little help with his back???? You and Nichole run off screaching and gagging?

KelliD - 2009-06-26 9:43 AM Happy Friday and race-y weekend all!!!

2009-06-26 10:06 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
I have a feeling come Monday we're going to have 3 awesome race reports to read.  Good luck this weekend Betsy, Eric & Justin!!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137