Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2011-10-23 2:53 PM
in reply to: #3734826

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

Thanks for sharing that T2, very inspirational and thanks for the race/training tips, definately planning on doing my fair share of bricks to get the idea of where I need to be to be able to run off the bike. 

Good luck to your wife and wishing here a smooth, quick birth.

2011-10-24 2:41 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Veteran

Hey all!

Happy Anniversary Tim!

T2-Hope your wife's induction is going well

I made it to my due date (today). Had more false labor last night. Heading to the final dr. appt. at 4:30 today. I am hoping she will tell me that I have progressed a little. We will talk about what day to induce today. I am soooo ready to meet baby girl, but will have her by the end of the week! Will keep you all posted!

Thanks for the well wishes!

2011-10-24 2:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Good luck, Debbie and Tim!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't been doing much (any) training recently, so I have been a bit distant here. But... signed up for the 70.3 again this year, so now I'm committed. How many of that does it make who have signed up to do a 70.3 in 2012?

Run tonight. No excuses. I'm gonna take my own advice and "shut up and run".

2011-10-24 3:14 PM
in reply to: #3736144

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Good luck Debbie!  Hoping baby girl comes fast and furious into the world, with minimal pain to you.  Look forward to seeing pics of the newborn from both you and T2!

And Pete, the first step on getting back on track with training is signing up for something, and telling us about it.  I'll check in with you tomorrow to see how your run went:-

2011-10-24 3:17 PM
in reply to: #3736220

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
corstan - 2011-10-24 4:14 PM

Good luck Debbie!  Hoping baby girl comes fast and furious into the world, with minimal pain to you.  Look forward to seeing pics of the newborn from both you and T2!

And Pete, the first step on getting back on track with training is signing up for something, and telling us about it.  I'll check in with you tomorrow to see how your run went:-

I should have looked outside before I said that :P But, like I said... no excuses!

2011-10-24 10:17 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Do people here have BABIES yet!?!?!  I know at least ONE should!  Smile  Yay!

Yes, I'm still alive and well here in Oregon.  My knee has not been doing well, unfortunately, so I've even had to cut hiking out of my life.  I'm really anticipating my surgery so that I can get back into it, and I'm hoping I can register for some late season HMs next fall, so that'll give me something to work towards.  Only problem is that I don't know yet where I'll be working OR if I'll be healed yet, which makes it logistically difficult.  I thought about signing up for the Portland Half, because that'll sell out in January, but I have to be ready to run a HM in October, be living in Portland, and willing to lose the money if I'm not because it's non-refundable and non-transferable.  Oh boy.

Hope all else is well.  I miss posting around here more often!

2011-10-25 8:30 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Well, I have to admit, I had a very enjoyable time at my spa day.  *handing over my man card as I type*  It was a little weird being the only man in the entire place walking around in a robe but other than that the 1hr massage was great and very relaxing.  The facial was weird as well b/c I really had no idea what was coming next but it was kinda like a face massage.  I don't know that I would ever do the facial again, but would like to get a massage a little more frequently than one every 10yrs.  This was only the 2nd massage I have ever had in my life.

And the Rangers pulled out wins in the last 2 games and now lead the series 3-2.  Heading back to St Louis on Wed for game 6 and game 7 on Thur.  Hopefully we won't have to play that final game!  I should've had a little friendly wager with Debbie, but I guess she had other things on her mind right now.

Erica, sorry to hear the knee is still not cooperating.  Are you still enjoying working and living up there?

Happy Tuesday!

2011-10-25 9:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Tim, that soudns awesome. I've actually been considering going for a full spa day, massage, mani/pedi... Love them. No reason to turn in your man card (or at least I hope not :P Don't go into CoJ, though!)

Erica, I totally accidentally deleted that message that you sent me which I was slowly working my way through whenever I got 10 minutes to think about it! I'll PM you my email so I won't do it again in the future... Glad you're enjoying your job, though!

Sandra, I went for that stupid run. :P I went this morning, though, not last night. It was awful weather out last night. But now I am super tired. I guess I'll go for a swim tonight?

2011-10-25 9:44 AM
in reply to: #3736776

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Glad to see you surface again Erica, but sorry to hear that your knee is giving you grief.  I bet that surgery can't come soon enough for you.  Hopefully the healing process won't be too long and you can plan on getting that HIM in next year. 

Are you still enjoying Portland? 

Pete, well done on getting up at 4:30am to get that run in. Do a nice swim tonight, and stay out of the windy weather at night. 

T1, glad you enjoyed your spa day, I've never done a spa day, but my Tuesday night speed/core group recently gave me a gift certificate, so I'll get to have that experience in a couple of weeks time too.  I get massage a handful of times per year, but it is sports massage and is generally not a feel good experience(though the results are good) no fancy robes or nice smells or soothing music, so I am looking forward to it.  And no need for anyone to hand in their "man card" everyone like to feel good and relax and that is what spa's are all about, the ones that ridicule you or call your manhood into question are obviously not comfortable with their own manhood:p 

Debbie & T2 I hope everything is going well and that babies have arrived or are set to arrive soon and look forward to hearing the news of arrival.

Meggan....where are you, we miss you?  Hope you are enjoying your time off work still

2011-10-26 8:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Swimming is more tiring than I remember! haha. Man, was I getting winded quick-time!

Tim, you nervous for tonight? I know you probably won't respond so as to not jinx anything!

2011-10-26 8:48 AM
in reply to: #3738499

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
LockOut - 2011-10-26 8:14 AM

Swimming is more tiring than I remember! haha. Man, was I getting winded quick-time!

Tim, you nervous for tonight? I know you probably won't respond so as to not jinx anything!

Tonight?  What's tonight? Sealed  There is talk it might be rained out.  They are saying 80% chance of rain today and 50% by game time.  We shall see.  Super excited though!

I definitely need to be swimming a bit more.  I am really focusing on the bike/run so when it comes to my swim day I am pretty worn out and tend to use it as my rest day.  I will be getting a run in today after work.

So, I am not looking forward to DST.  Kinda ruins all my evening bike plans during the week.  Not sure what my workout schedule is going to look like.  Thinking about going in to work even earlier so I will still have time to bike...I hate the trainer!

2011-10-26 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3738499

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Glad you got your swim in Pete 

I did my swim last night too, and my coach is definately stepping it up a notch every week, it is go go go on the drills.  Learning how to do flyes has been interesting, really glad I can't see myself:p  I have a question. Since I've stepped up the swimming, my shoulders have been sore, so much I have to take an advil at night to sleep comfortably after.  Does or has anyone experienced this and will it eventually go away?  It doesn't hurt while I'm swimming, just after.

T1, I'll be routing for you tonight(if the game doesn't get rained out

2011-10-26 10:05 AM
in reply to: #3738704

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
corstan - 2011-10-26 10:54 AM

I did my swim last night too, and my coach is definately stepping it up a notch every week, it is go go go on the drills.  Learning how to do flyes has been interesting, really glad I can't see myself:p  I have a question. Since I've stepped up the swimming, my shoulders have been sore, so much I have to take an advil at night to sleep comfortably after.  Does or has anyone experienced this and will it eventually go away?  It doesn't hurt while I'm swimming, just after.

Does it HURT? Or is it just stiff? How long has it been happening? Just since starting the fly? 

If it's stiffness, I say it'd be normal. If it's pain, then I would talk to your coach about it first, and then maybe a doc?

2011-10-26 12:14 PM
in reply to: #3738730

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

It's just general soreness, since I started swimming 3xweek.  My husband seems to think it is normal, but his philosophy on everything involving pain is that eventually it will all go away and until then Vitamin I is the answer. I think I may just be putting my shoulders through too much with adding the swimming to the TRX, which require a lot of upper body strength.  I have shoulder issues to begin with because of a serious car accident some 20 years ago. I don't feel any kind of stabbing or shooting pain, just soreness which I'm sure is inflamation. I spoke with my Massage Therapist last night and will go in to see him probably on Monday if not sooner.

I was just hoping this was just due to the fact that I haven't done any swimming in over a year.

LockOut - 2011-10-26 8:05 AM
corstan - 2011-10-26 10:54 AM

Does it HURT? Or is it just stiff? How long has it been happening? Just since starting the fly? 

If it's stiffness, I say it'd be normal. If it's pain, then I would talk to your coach about it first, and then maybe a doc?

2011-10-26 4:35 PM

User image

Expert
Introducing the newest future triathlete Myles Josef Moran born on October 25, 2011 at 9:28am.  8lbs1oz. and 20-1/2" long.  Myles and his Mom are both doing great and looking forward to coming home on Thursday morning. 

(web-pic.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
web-pic.jpg (68KB - 3 downloads)
2011-10-26 6:04 PM
in reply to: #3739501

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

tmoran80 - 2011-10-26 4:35 PM Introducing the newest future triathlete Myles Josef Moran born on October 25, 2011 at 9:28am.  8lbs1oz. and 20-1/2" long.  Myles and his Mom are both doing great and looking forward to coming home on Thursday morning. 

CONGRATS!!!!!  He is beautiful.  This is what I've been waiting for this week!

2011-10-26 6:19 PM
in reply to: #3739619

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Just amazing, Tim!  Congrats to both you and your wife.  I like the name, is there a story behind it?

Now, we just need to know what Debbie has been up to!

2011-10-27 6:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Awesome news, Tim! Hopefully Myles and mom enjoy the trip home this morning! Congrats.

And, to Debbie's defense, I think that she might be at least a LITTLE bit more involved in her bit of news and is LESS likely to have access to a computer, so we may have to wait a tiny bit longer to hear from her.

But here is to a second bit of great news coming in the next few days!

2011-10-27 6:57 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Congrats Tim!  He is beautiful.  I love little boys. 
2011-10-27 9:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Congrats T2!  What a beautiful boy, enjoy these early days with him and your family:-)
2011-10-27 9:51 AM

User image

Veteran

Congrats Tim!!! What a cutie! 

No news on my front. I went in at 2:30 yesterday morning for my scheduled induction and it went NO WHERE! After being in the hospital for 7 hours and still only dialated a 1 the sent me home. I am contracting on my own but only one time an hour. I am pretty upset about it all. I have never heard of a failed inductionl So now we sit and wait until Tuesday. Thought I would be holding my baby girl by now.Frown

2011-10-27 10:02 AM
in reply to: #3740331

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I guess someone is too comfortable and doesn't want to come out!  I have a friend who have failed inductions, multiple times are they going to try to induce again or just waiting for nature to take it's course?  Hopefully your little girl realizes that you really want to see her and change her mind about coming out.  Keep us posted, in the meantime, stay strong!

2011-10-27 10:32 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Granted, I am not too familiar with the whole process but I had never heard of a failed induction either.  But hang in there Debbie, she will be here soon enough!
2011-10-27 11:20 AM
in reply to: #3740331

User image

Expert
South Jersey
debbiereid06 - 2011-10-27 9:51 AM

Congrats Tim!!! What a cutie! 

No news on my front. I went in at 2:30 yesterday morning for my scheduled induction and it went NO WHERE! After being in the hospital for 7 hours and still only dialated a 1 the sent me home. I am contracting on my own but only one time an hour. I am pretty upset about it all. I have never heard of a failed inductionl So now we sit and wait until Tuesday. Thought I would be holding my baby girl by now.Frown

Joe was a failed induction and I had a c section.  They usually result in sections because your water has already broken or been broken.  I started at 8am and got to 1.5 cm dilated.  At 3pm they were finally able to break my water.  I was having contractions all day but nothing I had to stop reading my book for.  There was absolutely no change from 3-6 and my doctor offered a section then.  John and I talked and decided to give it 2 more hours.  Neither of us wanted to jump at surgery.  By 8 there was still no change at all so we opted for the c section.  My doctor told me it was good I decided because I would have ended up with one by 3pm the next day.  Joe was huge and he was too big to move down any further to make me dilate.

2011-10-27 12:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I think both babies will need one of these:  Onesy

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103