of 103

2011-10-28 8:58 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

Those are very funny Sandra.

I am utterly exhausted today, mentally.  I know I have no room to talk compared to the ladies birthing.  But last night's Ranger game was the most exhausting, frustrating, sad, maddening, disappointing, emotional game I have ever witnessed.  Almost 5hrs of pure torture and to not even come out on the winning side with not 1 but 2 chances at only needing 1 more strike to win the game...disheartening.

But, we live to fight again tonight.  Game 7 to decide it all.

2011-10-28 9:00 AM
in reply to: #3742018

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
chichitao - 2011-10-28 9:58 AM

I am utterly exhausted today, mentally.  I know I have no room to talk compared to the ladies birthing.  But last night's Ranger game was the most exhausting, frustrating, sad, maddening, disappointing, emotional game I have ever witnessed.  Almost 5hrs of pure torture and to not even come out on the winning side with not 1 but 2 chances at only needing 1 more strike to win the game...disheartening.

I thought of you immediately this morning when I heard. I can't imagine the gut wrenching feeling all Rangers fans must have simultaneously felt last night.

I'm pulling for your boys tonight, though, Tim. Gotta love a game 7 (if you aren't a fan of one of the teams playing...)

2011-10-28 10:48 AM
in reply to: #3742018

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I was definately thinking about you this morning as I watched the highlights from last nights game.  Here is hoping that your Rangers do a better job than my Canucks did in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. 

chichitao - 2011-10-28 6:58 AM

2011-10-30 9:36 AM

User image

Expert

Debbie -sorry to hear about the induction issue.  That must be so frustrating.  We had our pushed from 8am to 3pm because of no rooms available and it was a major issue for us - I couldn't even imagine being in the room and starting the process then they send you home!  Hang in there - everything will be forgotten when you have that little one in your arms soon.

Sandra - those shirts are awesome!  I was running out today to buy some of those iron on t-shirt paper since Iwas gonna make a Sorry For Partying logo onsie.  I am definitely gonna have to make that one too!  I'll post the picture.

T2 - Sorry to hear about your Rangers.  I was definitely cheering for them since I am impartial.  Isn't it crazy how those games can drain you.  So there really isn't a story behind the name Myles Josef.  It was between Nolan an Miles.  I was leaning towards the name Miles becasue I thought it was cool with my running and biking and also the Miles Davis music aspect.  Josi wasn't crazy.  We settled in the delivery room on spelling it Myles!  Josef is my father-in-laws name.

So I have been really stressing out about how I am gonna get my IM workouts in next spring and summer and figured out one piece of the puzzle yesterday.  I took my 7 and 4 year old (she just got rid of traingin wheels) on run with me.  Their bike pace was a perfect 9:45/pace and we did 1 hour (6 miles)  It gave my wife some relaxation time.  If I can incorporate this on my Sunday long runs and make my wife happy that it will be huge!

2011-10-31 7:00 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Happy Halloween everyone!
2011-11-01 10:02 AM
in reply to: #3746312

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

A most amazing thing happened this Halloween....I did not eat one single tiny tasty delicious Halloween treat!  That has never happened!!  I don't know whether to celebrate or cry:D

Still anxiously awaiting news from Debbie. 

Hope everyone else is doing well:-)

2011-11-01 11:15 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Quite a feat there Sandra.  I ate 6 small pieces and that was it.  After that I told the wife to leave me one little baby Almond Joy at the house but to take the rest to work.  So, that was probably the least amount I have ever eaten.

So what's on tap for everyone today/this week?  Tonight is my last Tue night group ride for the year due to DST.  We are supplying pizza and some beer for everyone afterwards.  Will be doing the exact same thing for my Thur group ride (different group). 

2011-11-01 12:25 PM
in reply to: #3746962

User image

Expert

Nice work Sandra! - I on the other hand ate more candy yesterday than I have the whole year!  I was a mess yesterday topping it off with pizza, coffee, and cupcakes.  Epic failure.

corstan - 2011-11-01 10:02 AM

A most amazing thing happened this Halloween....I did not eat one single tiny tasty delicious Halloween treat!  That has never happened!!  I don't know whether to celebrate or cry:D

Still anxiously awaiting news from Debbie. 

Hope everyone else is doing well:-)

2011-11-01 1:06 PM
in reply to: #3747140

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

T1, 6 isn't bad at all and had we bought any candy I had plans to do the same, eat a few and what ever was left over was to go to the office.  Now just bike extra hard tonight and Thursday so you can have your beer and pizza after, they are both a great recovery drink and food:-)

T2, everyone needs a day like that, and we normally reserve them for Halloween, but we visited a bakery last week and I indulged a little and was doing my best to avoid the whole Halloween treat situation, but I can't control my husbands desire for little chocolate bars and though he threatened several time so to buy some, he also maintained control.  Hopefully now it is out of your system and you can start building on your Thanksgiving through New Years will power:D

On tap this week for me:  Speed/Core work at the track tonight, followed by swim club, TRX & run tomorrow night, Thursday swim club, saturday trail run, sunday is my spa day, followed by a girl's lunch can't wait!

2011-11-01 1:08 PM
in reply to: #3747358

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Oh and I forgot, I launched my new run club website today, http://crewrunners.com/ any feedback is welcome:-)
2011-11-02 10:03 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Any plans I had for racing next year are out the window.  I had said my main goals for 2012 were the MS150 and a mile ocean swim.  I might still shoot for the swim but the MS150 will be pushed off another year.  John and I went to breakfast yesterday morning while both boys were in school.  We seriously talked about the future, my career, his career, and all that fun stuff.  After tax season, I will start to study my tail off and hopefully pass the CPA exam in 2012 and 2013.

2011-11-02 11:04 AM
in reply to: #3748693

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Sorry to hear that Meggan, but at least it is for a purpose and hopefully during this time your achilles will heal up. Probably not great words of comfort right now to you, but keep your eye on the prize and the races you want to do will be there when you are done your studies and pass the CPA.

Mrschach - 2011-11-02 8:03 AM Any plans I had for racing next year are out the window.  I had said my main goals for 2012 were the MS150 and a mile ocean swim.  I might still shoot for the swim but the MS150 will be pushed off another year.  John and I went to breakfast yesterday morning while both boys were in school.  We seriously talked about the future, my career, his career, and all that fun stuff.  After tax season, I will start to study my tail off and hopefully pass the CPA exam in 2012 and 2013.

2011-11-02 11:29 AM

User image

Veteran

I am alive and well. Sorry I haven't posted yet. I have been a little sleep deprived and am still adjusting! 

Stella Kathleen Reid was born on Thursday Oct. 27 at 5:55 pm. She just wanted to make me wait an extra day! We are doing great and getting used to having 2 kiddos. She is just perfect though. I have the full birth story up on my blog. You will have to scroll down because halloween is before it. 

www.growingreids.blogspot.com  It is a long story!

I am working on getting you all a picture!

2011-11-02 11:34 AM
in reply to: #3748915

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Welcome to the world Stella!  I have been waiting anxiously for this news, glad everything went well and that you are doing well.  Enjoy these early days with your newly expanded family and can't wait to see pics!

debbiereid06 - 2011-11-02 9:29 AM

I am alive and well. Sorry I haven't posted yet. I have been a little sleep deprived and am still adjusting! 

Stella Kathleen Reid was born on Thursday Oct. 27 at 5:55 pm. She just wanted to make me wait an extra day! We are doing great and getting used to having 2 kiddos. She is just perfect though. I have the full birth story up on my blog. You will have to scroll down because halloween is before it. 

www.growingreids.blogspot.com  It is a long story!

I am working on getting you all a picture!

2011-11-02 11:43 AM
in reply to: #3748929

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Just read the blog and saw the pictures, she is most beautiful!  Congratulations again Debbie!
2011-11-02 11:53 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Thought of this and it was a perfect fit:

Stanley Kowalski (our Debbie!): Stella! Come on, Stella!
Stella: I'm not going back in there again, not this time, never going back, never.
Stanley Kowalski: Hey, Stella! Hey, Stellaaa!

LOL, congrats Debbie! Laughing

2011-11-02 11:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Congrats, Debbie! Great pics!
2011-11-03 9:49 AM

User image

Veteran

Thanks guys! Tim, LOL...so true! Now I cannot wait to start working out again. The dr. wants me to wait until after my 6 week appt. The mother in law is coming in today for 10 days to help out. I think it will be really nice to have her here. I think she will entertain Nora, which will be nice for her. 

Oh and Tim, I didn't get to raz you more about the world series, but since Stella has come into the world the Cards have won the world series (she was waiting to see itWink), the RAMS won, Mizzou won, and the KC chiefs won! She is our little good luck charm!

(Stella.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Stella.jpg (22KB - 8 downloads)
2011-11-03 10:17 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Ha, I'll be sending you a baby Ranger jersey for her to wear for a day so maybe some of the luck will rub off!
2011-11-04 8:33 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

We made it to Friday!

I've got a big, important presentation here at 10am but then my day is wide open.  I am trying to keep my mind off of it so I don't stress myself out.  Anyway, I need to go to Performance Bike today.  I had ordered a XL wind jacket and it came in yesterday but it is too big.  I am hoping I can return it to the store and see if they have it in L. 

I also need to see about getting a front light for my bike.  Since DST is this weekend, a buddy and I are thinking about continuing our Tue/Thur rides but at 7am and would like to have some light for that.  I already have the tail light.

What else...oh yeah, tomorrow I am leading a 50mi bike ride with about 6-8 others.  It's my last long ride before our 60mi charity ride next week.  Should be fun.  About 3000ft of climbing.  Should hopefully take us 3.5hrs. 

I've rambled on long enough.  Enjoy your Friday and weekend...and your new babies!

2011-11-04 9:37 AM
in reply to: #3822181

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Yeah for needing to go down a size in jackets!  Good luck with your presentation!  Sounds like you have a good and full weekend ahead.

I'll be heading out for a nice run tomorrow morning and Sunday I get to have my spa experience followed by a girls lunch at a local pub.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2011-11-04 9:50 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Debbie, Stella is beautiful!  What a sweetheart.  I can't believe the two new babies in this group so close together.  And geez, I was counting on you guys to workout for me, too!

Tim - For lights, look at ones that have inconsistent flashing on them.  Here in Portland, there are bikers EVERYWHERE, and the ones that get my attention are the ones that will have like a few longer flashes, then some short ones, then it'll fade in and out, etc.  Drivers can't miss it.  I CANNOT WAIT to move out here and buy one for myself!

So yes, I am still alive here in pdx.  I have been working my tail off with law review, classes, work, finding a job (or trying to...), applying for the Wisconsin Bar, etc., etc., etc.  Keep your fingers crossed for me guys, I just had a networking event at a law firm yesterday here in town, and I think it went well.  I'm going to send out follow-up emails today, and then send in a resume a bit down the road.  I'd LOVE to stay at NIKE, but they generally like attorneys with a bit more experience, so it looks like I might have to go to a firm for a few years first.  Regardless, there are a couple of positions that I'm going to throw in my name for, just to get some feedback on what I need on my resume.  Anyway, I GRADUATE FROM LAW SCHOOL IN 6 MONTHS! 

Welp, Ryan is here (yay!), and we are heading up to Seattle for the weekend, so I will hopefully get some much-needed unwind time.  Have fun this weekend, all!

2011-11-10 9:51 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

*chirp chirp*

what is everybody up to this week/weekend?

2011-11-11 7:43 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I've been battling allergies/sickness and lack of energy all week.  Got a 60mi charity ride tomorrow morning that should be a lot of fun.  I know about 15-20 people that will be doing the ride so hopefully we can form a little paceline group.  All you can eat/drink after the ride also helps! 

That's really it for me.  I've decided for sure I will be signing up for my first HIM at the end of April, so I've been playing around with a workout plan and trying to figure out the best way to get it all in.  I currently work 4 10hr days so that makes it tough to get in 2 workouts in a day, so I am contemplating going back to 5 8hr days.  Means I lose a whole day off but I would only do that until the race.  Still up for debate and I have plenty of time to decide.  I think I am going to spend the rest of this year just building up then have a plan ready to go for the new year.  That would give me 17weeks on the plan which should be enough.

So what else is going on out there for everyone?

Thank a Veteran today!

2011-11-14 8:11 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Holy crap, that 60mi ride was absolutely brutal!  I am still sore.  It was relatively flat for this area but we had a constant 15-25mph headwind the entire way.  Since it was a point to point course from Austin due south, we were riding into that headwind the whole time.  We had a group of 3 of us taking turns pulling and we only avg'd 14.5!  No wind and we easily pull it off around 18mph.  Just a rough way to spend 4 hrs!   I was exhausted and pretty much useless the rest of the day.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103