Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2011-11-14 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3900953

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

Sounds like this was a mental strength as well as a physical strength ride Tim!  Well done!! And I hope the body begins to like you again soon(bet you wish you had a spa day now

My race on Saturday night was a bit brutal too, it was very cold, very wet and very crowded, we were all wondering what possessed us to sign up for this race when we got there.  But we ran the race, and most of our group finished within 2 minutes of each other.  Then it was off to change and we all met up for dinner at a local restuarant. Oh and we found out after the fact that the reason the rain was stinging so badly was because it was in fact snow! 

2011-11-14 3:43 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

At least 80% of that ride was 100% mental! 

Sounds like you had to battle too, good work!  Everyone coming in so close together...must've had a good teacher.  Snow?  What is that?  We've still been in the 80s.

That was my last race for the year.  Next big thing for me is a HM at the end of January.  Gotta start building up for that.

Hope everyone is still getting some training and workouts in when they can!

2011-11-14 3:47 PM
in reply to: #3900953

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

chichitao - 2011-11-14 9:11 AM

I was exhausted and pretty much useless the rest of the day.

How is that different from any other day?

I'm still here, too. My workouts are nearly non-existent these days, but I do get out when I can. I am going to set my bike back up on the trainer this week, so then instead of sitting doing nothing while watching TV, I'll hop on for a spin. I went for a short swim this week, probably haven't been in a month and a half. I forgot how exhausting and sore-inducing it was!

Also, I just tried the whole shaving of the legs for the first time this week (me and my gf broke up, and she didn't want me to do it, so when it ended, I figured I'd give it a shot :P). I have a newfound respect for all you ladies out there with smooth legs! Man, this takes some serious upkeep! 

2011-11-15 8:10 AM
in reply to: #3901817

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Touche! Innocent

Sorry to hear about the breakup.  But now you can shave your legs until your hearts content!  Never tried it and never want too.  I hate shaving my face every day!

And yes, I think it is trainer time here too.  I usually put my tri bike on the trainer for the winter then use my road bike for the outdoor weekend rides.  I hate the trainer but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Is work still crazy busy?  How is that going?

LockOut - 2011-11-14 3:47 PM

chichitao - 2011-11-14 9:11 AM

I was exhausted and pretty much useless the rest of the day.

How is that different from any other day?

I'm still here, too. My workouts are nearly non-existent these days, but I do get out when I can. I am going to set my bike back up on the trainer this week, so then instead of sitting doing nothing while watching TV, I'll hop on for a spin. I went for a short swim this week, probably haven't been in a month and a half. I forgot how exhausting and sore-inducing it was!

Also, I just tried the whole shaving of the legs for the first time this week (me and my gf broke up, and she didn't want me to do it, so when it ended, I figured I'd give it a shot :P). I have a newfound respect for all you ladies out there with smooth legs! Man, this takes some serious upkeep! 

2011-11-15 10:28 AM
in reply to: #3901817

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Sorry to hear about the breakup Pete, hope it ended well.  As for the shaved legs, my husband did it this summer and loved it, especially when putting on his wetsuit, and though he likes the feeling of the shaved legs, he doesn't like the upkeep so he'll it go for the winter and shave again when it's time for outdoor swims again.

I personally don't understand why your gf was against it, I really don't think it is my place to tell my husband, where he does or doesn't have hair. 

I'm trying to get my bike set up on the trainer, but Ray liberated the mat that goes under the trainer for his weight bench and also the spot in the apartment where we used to keep the trainer.  I am now waiting on someone to come pick up a table we don't really need, so I can use that space for my bike and picking up another mat...hopefully I'll be set by the weekend.

They are calling for flurries by the end of the week here...and a colder than usual winter overall. Hope they are wrong!

2011-11-16 6:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

That's pretty crazy, Sandra, considering it's supposed to be 14* here today! I won't lie, I don't like the fall, I just want winter to come. Summer and winter, no transitions (but some warning, of course). Is that too much to ask? :P

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's been a weird week and a half, but I know that, in my heart AND in my mind, that it was the right thing to do. 

So this Friday is my tri club's winter gala. James Bond theme. I learned how to tie a bowtie, and it's not that hard! I'm sure there will be pictures of me on Facebook, for those of you who have me on there

2011-11-17 6:32 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Anyone got any plans or doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?
2011-11-17 6:34 AM
in reply to: #3905167

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

chichitao - 2011-11-17 7:32 AM Anyone got any plans or doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?

I went up to my cottage, watched Kona, saw family... Oh, you're talking about FAKE Thanksgiving?

I actually won tickets to skate with the Montreal Canadiens on the 27th! So that's my big exciting news!

2011-11-17 8:44 AM
in reply to: #3905169

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
LockOut - 2011-11-17 6:34 AM

chichitao - 2011-11-17 7:32 AM Anyone got any plans or doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?

I went up to my cottage, watched Kona, saw family... Oh, you're talking about FAKE Thanksgiving?

I actually won tickets to skate with the Montreal Canadiens on the 27th! So that's my big exciting news!

Now that is awesome!  Was it a drawing?  You going be able to get a stick or something else signed by the team?  Who is your fav player?  Cool stuff!  Now you gotta dust off those skating skills so you don't embarrass yourself out there.

2011-11-17 8:50 AM
in reply to: #3905167

User image

Expert
South Jersey

chichitao - 2011-11-17 6:32 AM Anyone got any plans or doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?

I will be consuming all of my Thanksgiving day calories from a wine glass.  I told my sister if she wants me to go shopping with her in the middle of the night she is going to have to pick me up and drive my butt because I don't plan to be in any condition to drive myself.

2011-11-17 9:57 AM
in reply to: #3905169

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I was sick and ran a half marathon on my Thanksgiving weekend, hope yours all turn out better than that.  I like Meggan's plan, I may just have to toast you all.

I'm excited because next Friday/Saturday is the Sugoi Warehouse sale.  I'm taking the friday off work just so I can get in line early for some serious shopping!

Pete, congrats on the tickets, sounds exciting!  Enjoy!

2011-11-17 10:00 AM
in reply to: #3905404

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
chichitao - 2011-11-17 9:44 AM
LockOut - 2011-11-17 6:34 AM

Now that is awesome!  Was it a drawing?  You going be able to get a stick or something else signed by the team?  Who is your fav player?  Cool stuff!  Now you gotta dust off those skating skills so you don't embarrass yourself out there.

It was a radio call in thing. They're giving away a bunch of tickets, so it'll be pretty busy. I'm not an autograph guy. I'd rather just chat, chew the cud with the guys. Hell, most of them are younger than me, anyways!

My fav player on the team right now is probably Hal Gill, because he is such a character. He's not the greatest player out there, but he does his job, and makes me laugh.

2011-11-18 8:05 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
2011-11-18 11:19 PM
in reply to: #3907898

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
I haven't.....yet, but it is on my radar for a future challenge.  I've heard it is good and tough.  I've done a few of the shorter mud/obstacle runs and find them to be a lot of fun, probably because i do them with a group of friends. 
2011-11-19 6:57 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I haven't done one yet, but I will on March 31st.  Got asked to be on a team.  It's about 1mo before my HIM and hope to use it as good training.
2011-11-21 6:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
I haven't done a tough mudder, either, but it's definitely in the plan. I may do the one in Toronto next year. Some of the obstacles look really, really tough! But I think that it would be such a fun race to do. The problem is it's a bit more than month out from my HIM, so maybe it'll just be a hard run day? haha

2011-11-22 9:43 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Skimming through these posts I've missed...sorry, I'm slacking, no excuses...and DID SOMEBODY SHAVE THEIR LEGS!?!?! WHAT!?

Still not sure why anybody would do that voluntarily (yes, girls are forced to, darn peer pressure).  Have fun with that upkeep.  I told Ryan he could shave his legs, but I might stop shaving mine in response.  Surprised  Don't think he was crazy about that thought.  I AM Italian, ya know.

I'm FLYING HOME TOMORROW MORNING for (the real) Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to see Ryan and all, but I'm actually super excited to see my dog!  I miss that crazy butthead.  

Happy (real) Thanksgiving, all!!!!  Have a great weekend anyway, you crazy Canadians! Tongue out

(No seriously...how stinkin' cute is this dog?!)

(nadieweb.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
nadieweb.jpg (61KB - 8 downloads)
2011-11-23 9:25 AM
in reply to: #3912581

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Yes, Pete is shaving his legs. When my husband did it, I thought he was crazy, but then when I thought about the whole wetsuit aspect of it, it made sense.

Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend Erica, enjoy the time with your family and your adorable dog

2011-11-23 4:56 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Beautiful dog Erica!  Have a great trip!

Everyone have a good (holiday) weekend!

I plan on eating badly but also working out to make up for it.  It's a step in the right direction b/c in the past I wouldn't be doing the working out part!  Just got in a great afternoon ride (can't beat 71 degrees!).  I am also leading a bike group ride on Fri and then attending a bike shop ride on Sun.  Will add some runs in on the other days.

2011-11-25 7:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

I know I'm a day late, but happy "Thanksgiving", everyone I hope we're all doing very well, and no one is in a turkey coma! 

Have fun with all the riding this weekend, Tim!

2011-11-28 5:02 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

So...

18 days until I get to see the hubs again.

19 days until I head back to Wisco.

20 days until I see my pup again and am back in Wisco.

24 days until my knee surgery.

Until then, I have 9 days of work left, 3 exams, 1 paper, and 1 article.  

This is SO bittersweet.  The semester has flown by.  But I'm ANXIOUS to get this darn surgery.  I'm sure I've gained tons of weight back because I can't workout at all.  I can't wait to get to workout again!  

2011-11-29 10:14 AM
in reply to: #3917997

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Looks like you have a busy and exciting month ahead of you Erica!  I can't believe the time has flown by so fast and your surgery is just around the corner!!  Yeah!  I'm sure once you are rehab'd after the surgery any extra pounds you may have put on, will fly off you, just take it slowly and make sure to heal up right.  So excited for you
2011-12-05 2:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Wow, a week without a message? Something isn't right here!

So... good/bad news situation for me. Well, probably more good than bad, but...

I got laid off last week. They expect me to do work for the next 2 weeks (yea, right...). But I am now unemployed. As I know you guys know, though... I was not happy, so it is definitely a blessing in disguise. I will be much, much happier finding a new job with regular hours, not in the middle of nowhere. Now, I just have to find that job... Big changes coming up for me!

Also, I have started seeing someone, and she is very good for me and makes me want to be a better person, so I am going to be getting hardcore into training again, and losing the stress/no training weight that I have gained since starting this job. Having time to do so will be a big help, but she is definitely a huge motivation for me, and I will use this as a kick in the arse to get back in gear. Hopefully you guys are still with me!!!! 

How is everyone else? Can you believe it's already December?!?!?1

2011-12-05 4:49 PM
in reply to: #3927009

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Sometimes the universe does something for us that we can't do for ourselves.  You have been unhappy with your job for a long time, so yes this may be the time find something that will work better with the life you want to live.  Can't believe they laid you off and then expect you to work 2 weeks...don't know what your benefits are like, but you must be feeling a cold "cough, cough" coming on.  If you have sick days left use them.

Congrats on the new relationship, I will assume she lives in your city too?  As I believe your last relationship was a distance one. 

I am still here and ready to support you, however you would like, whether it be a word of encouragement or a kick in the butt to get out the door and train or make some career decisions.

LockOut - 2011-12-05 12:05 PM

I got laid off last week. They expect me to do work for the next 2 weeks (yea, right...). But I am now unemployed. As I know you guys know, though... I was not happy, so it is definitely a blessing in disguise. I will be much, much happier finding a new job with regular hours, not in the middle of nowhere. Now, I just have to find that job... Big changes coming up for me!

Also, I have started seeing someone, and she is very good for me and makes me want to be a better person, so I am going to be getting hardcore into training again, and losing the stress/no training weight that I have gained since starting this job. Having time to do so will be a big help, but she is definitely a huge motivation for me, and I will use this as a kick in the arse to get back in gear. Hopefully you guys are still with me!!!! 

Edited by corstan 2011-12-05 4:49 PM
2011-12-05 7:13 PM
in reply to: #3927009

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
LockOut - 2011-12-05 2:05 PM

Does this mean that you're goin to finally have time to read my message I sent to you like 10 years ago???

No, but seriously, good for you for putting a positive spin on things!  You'll do great, especially with a good attitude like that.  Now, I get to facebook creep on you to see pics of this new girl!  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103