Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2012-02-13 2:47 PM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

I have no clue what this week is going to bring!

Today I lift with my trainer and then will do 30 minutes of cardio after.

That is as far as I got in planning!

2012-02-14 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

That was very nice of you to stay with your friend Sandra.  It is very rewarding helping someone push through like that.  And what a sweet looking ride!!  That bike looks really sharp.  Should be lots of fun riding.  When do you get to pick her up?

I did pretty well with my workouts and eating this weekend.  Made a big batch of ratatouille yesterday and it came out really good.  I had never made it before.  Very easy way to get a lot of different vegetables.  Finally got outside on the bike yesterday and it felt great.  Really missed riding outside, but I was pleasantly surprised I had not lost much fitness.  I guess the trainer rides really do work! 

Anywho...time to schedule my workouts this week:

Tu: run and swim

W: bike

Th: run

F: swim (and an optional run)

Sa: bike

Su: run

Happy Valentine's Day!!

2012-02-14 9:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around all that much. I've been focusing on the job search and it has kept me a little preoccupied, so I am minimizing my BT time. I love the idea of posting our workouts on here. It's an awesome idea! So yesterday, I did a bike in the morning, and then a swim and a short lift in the evening. Today, I'll be doing a bike ride after lunch, along with 20 minutes of core work. Tomorrow will be probably another bike ride, Thursday lift and run, Friday, core and run. Saturday will be flying to MIAMI for a week!!!! Next week will be up in the air, but I'll be bringing my running and swimming stuff down to take advantage of actually going to some hot weather!

I hope everyone is doing well. Sandra, great job this weekend! I know I wouldn't be able to stay with a friend through all that, so good on ya! 

Happy V-Day!

2012-02-14 11:46 AM
in reply to: #4046440

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
corstan - 2012-02-13 11:21 AM

M- spin

T- swim

W - bike(trainer)

T - swim(possibly a spin as well, depending if Ray is feeling up to it)

F - 1 hr. Core/Speed work at track

S - brick 2 hr bike 30 minute run

Su - 1:15 run

Sigh, it really sucks when you create a long post and something goes wrong on submission and nothing happens...short version now...

I'm sick again, but going to try and swim tonight in spite of it. Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Tim, I can pick the bike up anytime after today, but probably won't until Saturday because Ray has the bike rack on his car and our work / workout schedules clash too much during the week, so we may not be able to do it earlier.  I'm very excited!

Meggan, I hope that whatever prompted you to want to sell your kids has worked itself out and that your week only gets better and better as it progresses :-D

Pete, totally get your focus on the job hunt. Are you looking for something specific or possibly something different that may help you transition to that sports/coaching type job you would love to do?  Have fun in Miami and say HI to the sun for me!

Erica, how is your rehab going?  Seeing more progress?

2012-02-14 2:08 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
That is too funny Sandra!!  I can't even tell you what was going on at that moment but I remember I was trying to get out the door to be somewhere on time!  Of course, I had to rush home because Joe was having breathing/coughing/wheezing issues.  I got home and the brat spit cough syrup all over me. 
2012-02-14 2:34 PM
in reply to: #4047315

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

I think I would have wanted to sell them too...I can totally picture and understand that moment!

2012-02-14 3:53 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

I am hitting the gym after work today to swim.

I still don't have a plan of attack for this week and that is unusual for me.  I have a doctors appointment after work tomorrow so my workout will be after the boys are in bed.  It will be bike or kettlebell workout. 

2012-02-15 7:40 AM
in reply to: #4046440

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-02-14 8:51 AM

Th: run

2012-02-15 9:48 AM
in reply to: #4044724

User image

Veteran

M/T-either class tonight or working out in the morning. It is really dependent on the snow we get

Wed.-Morning workout-elliptical & weights

Thurs.-Off

Fri-morning workout-elliptical

Sat/Sun-No work outs it is Stella's baptism and will be hectic and crazy with 4 extra adults in my house.

Did not get up this morning to work out, but am going to be able to go after work. Little Miss Stella threw my plans off.

On a weight loss note i am down 1.2 this week. Total so far is 9.4 so close to the 10lb goal that i wanted to hit this week. I can't be too disappointed with myself. I have been trying really hard and .6 away isn't too shabby. My next goal is to be down a total of 20 by Easter.

2012-02-15 6:00 PM
in reply to: #4048435

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Th: long run

2012-02-15 6:24 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Anyone have carpal tunnel syndrome before? Diagnosed with it today.

2012-02-16 6:14 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Sandra - That's so awesome that you stayed with your friend for the race!  I kept checking on the results to see when they would be put up, and I wondered if everything was okay when I saw the time!  But good for you.  I'd like to think I would have done the same thing...but maybe not!  And I'm super excited to see the new bike!!!

Meggan - My dad has carpal tunnel.  He had surgery on his hand last year, and it was really tough for him to pick things up or do much of anything with it for a long time.  I guess you're just having a really lucky time with injuries now, huh?  If you have any questions, I'll ask him for you.  I know it was a pretty rough process, but he's a lot better now!

Pete - Have fun in Miami!  Maybe find a job THERE.  I mean...it's warm.  And Canada isn't!  We're heading down there over spring break, so I'm excited!

Debbie - Keep up the weight loss, it's awesome!  How is the hip feeling?

As for me, I've been doing my walks every morning (up to about 0.6 miles now!), but I've missed 2 bike days because of knee pain.  I'm trying not to push myself too hard because it's been hurting pretty bad the last week.  As of yesterday, I can take off my brace permanently, and I can start swimming again and biking with more resistance, depending on my pain level.  However, since my PT appt yesterday, my knee has been SCREAMING at me.  Needless to say, I'm not doing anything today.  I just hope the pain isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I keep thinking about the worst case scenario.  Doctor said the only other option if it doesn't heal is injecting new red blood cells directly into it to help it heal.  Sounds painful AND expensive.  Awesome.

For my workouts for the next week, I'm hoping to keep walking, and maybe get it up to a mile a day, then I want to keep biking every day I can (I'm going to stick with no resistance for a couple more weeks).  I'm also going to try to get to the pool 3-4 times/week now, but that can't start until next week since we're going out of town tonight!  It's dogsled race weekend in Michigan, so we're going to visit my MIL until Sunday.  It'll be a full weekend of activity, so hopefully my knee holds up!

Any other fun weekend plans here? 

2012-02-16 8:47 AM
in reply to: #4049756

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Mrschach - 2012-02-15 6:24 PM Anyone have carpal tunnel syndrome before? Diagnosed with it today.

My mom had it and had surgery a few years back.  Check out this procedure called the Brown Procedure.  It is a much less invasive surgery and you are fully healed up in 7days.  The guy who invented it is from Houston, so it is big down here.  Not sure how many surgeons are doing it around the country though.

2012-02-16 9:48 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

Thanks Tim!  I am going to check it out.  My hand started bothering me last month but I chalked it up to arthritis.  It started in my mom's hands in her late teens so I figured I just have crappy genetics.  The more it bothered me, someone mentioned carpal tunnel and I checked it out.  All of my symptoms pointed towards it.  I went to the doctors last night and yep, that's it.  I have a splint to wear at night, vitamin B6, and naproxen for the next month.  If it is not better when I go back, they will do nerve testing and go from there.  There are no predictions on the outcome.  It could work to my advantage that I seeked treatment so quickly but it hit me hard and fast so that could be bad when it comes to responding to treatment.

This is not a good time of the year to have this kind of pain in my right hand!

2012-02-16 11:59 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Meggan - I hope you can find someone to do that surgery for you.  I've heard the old way is pretty painful and has a fairly long recovery.  If nothing else you can fly to Austin for the surgery and you'd be welcome to crash at my place!

Pete- hope the job search is going well and have fun (and lather up the sunscreen!) for Miami!

Sandra - bad luck with the sickness this year.  hope it's nothing too big and you're able to recover well.  can't wait to hear how the bike rides once you pick it up!  did you have a tri bike already or just a roadie?

Debbie - Congrats on the weight loss and reaching your halfway goal.  That is very good considering the pain issues you are having to deal with.  I know I'd be milking it (that and popping out a kid!) and be laying around being lazy.  Have fun with the baptism and the full house!

Erica - I hear what you mean about the pain.  It's very hard to know whether the pain is normal and supposed to be there or if something is wrong.  It's very good to hear you get to have the brace off for good though.  Have fun with the dogsled race, I would love to see one of those one day!

T2 - how is the IM training going?  Must be hectic.  The HIM training is enough for me and I haven't even begun to really ramp up the hours yet.

Not really a whole lot going on for me this weekend, and I am happy about that.  Sat we are going to a fitness expo then dinner with some friends.  Every Sun, we volunteer at a local cat shelter and spend a few hours cleaning the cages and playing with the cats.  Other than that, I am planning a long ride on Sat but they are predicting rain all morning so I might move it to Sun and my short run from Sun to Sat. 

Happy Thursday!

2012-02-16 9:30 PM
in reply to: #4049732

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Bought some compression socks (it's no bike!) after my run today.  Figured it can't hurt to try them to see if they help with recovery from the increased training load.

Edited by chichitao 2012-02-16 9:30 PM

2012-02-17 11:21 AM
in reply to: #4050944

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Well another week written off, no swimming, no running, couldn't even make it to spin class on Wednesday.  I stayed home from work Wednesday and yesterday and took complete rest hoping it would speed along the process and I pretty much slept for 2 days.  I feel better today, not 100% but my skin has stopped hurting, I can breathe, even though my sinus's are still plugged because I can feel my ear drums sucked inside my head, and the rumbling cough has gone away.  I'll be hitting the track tonight, but will probably just coach everyone through the workout and my participation will be demonstration and motivation(aka yelling at them to work harder:p). I am hoping the weather co-operates and I get the opportunity to get out on the road with my bike this weekend and hoping the rest of me feels well enough to get my run in on Sunday. 

Tomorrow morning I'm going in to pick up my bike(super excited) and yes Tim this is my first Tri bike, I've been using my trusty Scott road bike these past few years for all my riding. 

Glad to see everyone else is doing well with keeping up with the workouts.

Erica, yeah for no more knee brace!  It sounds like you are doing everything right for your recovery, keep going and you will go longer, and be stronger in no time :-)

Debbie, well done on the weightloss, you are well on track and making your goals, so amazing!

T1: are you guys still doing the weight loss challenge at work or did everyone bail on you because they didn't think they could compete with you? I hope the weather cooperates with you this weekend and so nice that you and the Mrs. volunteer at the animal shelter, I couldn't do it, as I would want to take them all home with me.

T2: Remember to do some thing extra special, every once in a while, for that amazing wife of yours who is supporting your training right now.  :-)

2012-02-17 2:54 PM
in reply to: #4053101

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Yep, still doing the weight loss challenge.  Last week I gained 4 lbs!  But it was one of those peak days after I ate/drank too much at a super bowl party.  It came right back down the next day.  But this week I was down 5 so it made up for it.  I am still in the lead with a 12lb loss in 6wks.  I need to lose 23lbs to win.

Glad to see you feeling a bit better.

I too hope the weather cooperates but it is not looking good.  I was planning on an easy day with a swim today but it is lightning outside so that is going to be a no go.  I think I am just going to use today as a rest day.  Tomorrow was supposed to be my long bike but the rain is supposed to continue most of the day tomorrow, so I either need to do it all on the trainer (super yuk) or move it to Sun and run tomorrow.  We'll see.

2012-02-17 3:48 PM
in reply to: #4053567

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Well done Tim!  those are really great results!! 

Good call on not swimming in the outdoor pool while there a lightning storm going on, I hope the weather clears up sooner than later for you! 

Have a great weekend everyone!

2012-02-18 6:16 PM
in reply to: #4052064

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

F: swim (and an optional run) -rain/lightning turned this into a rest day

Su: run did the run Sat and will bike Sun instead

2012-02-19 10:18 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Another great weekend with the family!!

2012-02-19 10:23 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Ok, hit submit instead of return!!

My plan for the week:

Sunday - back and biceps and a short interval workout on the stairmaster DONE!
Monday - hopefully trainer ride in the AM Done!!, working out with trainer in the evening and I am anticipating legs. If I get a trainer ride in the am, I will continue to lift after I am done with him. If not, I will do cardio. A change of plans.  My trainer rescheduled on me but I am still going to lift lower body on my own this evening. 
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday - Work out with trainer.  It will be shoulders but I am thinking of asking to do core with him to add some new stuff in to what I already do.
Friday - shoulders and stairmaster at the gym after work

I left mid week blank because I am hoping to get up and ride or do something in the morning but I don't have it figured it out yet.

Edited by Mrschach 2012-02-20 8:36 AM
2012-02-20 12:22 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

So what all did you do with the fam Meggan?

I had a nice weekend.  Ate pretty well and got my workouts in.  Got a great ride in on Sun.  Gonna be spending the day today doing 2 workouts, some maintenance stuff around the house, and my taxes.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Here is my weekly schedule:

M: run and swim

Tu: bike

W: long run

Th: bike

F: swim

Sa: run

Su: bike

2012-02-20 12:41 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
We didn't do anything crazy this weekend.  Friday night was game night.  We have not let the boys play the Wii in awhile so we came home, ate dinner, and played games all evening.  Saturday I took the boys to the gym in the morning and they love the Kids Club.  Yesterday we took them bowling.  The last 3 or 4 weekends have been really good with the kids.  For whatever reason, I have been much more relaxed with the boys and I don't feel like I want to throw them out the door!
2012-02-20 1:54 PM
in reply to: #4056713

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Well I am crossing my fingers that I am just about done with this cold.  I'm still not 100%, but I did manage to get through yesterdays  run, which was a big change of pace and a little more intense than my normal Sunday slow runs.  The last couple of sets of 3 & 2's were crazy, I thought I was slowing down and my feet felt like tree trunks, but when I looked at my garmin, I was running 4:30/KM so I would slow it down to 5-5:15/KM pace and it felt like I was running at a long slow pace.  All 7 sets ended up around the same avg pace in the end, which seems like a good result to me?

Now here is hoping that I don't take a turn for the worse in my health again, and I actually get to complete my schedule for the week.

Monday: was supposed to be a rest day, due to the intense workouts that were scheduled for this past weekend, but since I only did one of them, I will spin tonight

Tuesday: getting on my bike for 45 minute of easy spinning and yes, going back to swim club!

Wednesday: spinning

Thursday: 30 minute run & swim club

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 2hr ride followed by 30 minute recovery run

Sunday: schedule calls for 1.5hr easy run, but have a friend who needs to get a 20K training run done, so I'll be going a little longer.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103