Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-07-28 9:50 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL

Hey...what can I say?  Misery loves company. Laughing  Let's just hope the rain holds off til we're finished.

2009-07-28 10:03 AM
in reply to: #2312372

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Betsy0706 - 2009-07-28 9:50 AM

Hey...what can I say?  Misery loves company. Laughing  Let's just hope the rain holds off til we're finished.

Just like back in my Amphibious Warrior days...   "If it ain't raining, we ain't training!"  Atleast it might cool things off a bit.... or, Sauna time!  depends on the sun after Surprised
2009-07-28 11:10 AM
in reply to: #2312410

User image

Master
New York, NY
We had some torrential rains last night right before my run....and boy was it steamy when the rain finally stopped!

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-28 11:03 AM
Betsy0706 - 2009-07-28 9:50 AM

Just like back in my Amphibious Warrior days...   "If it ain't raining, we ain't training!"  Atleast it might cool things off a bit.... or, Sauna time!  depends on the sun after Surprised
2009-07-28 3:26 PM

User image

Master
New York, NY
I've just decided my birthday wish for this year.  Once, just once, I would love to have a nice race photo!!  The official photos from Sunday's race were posted.  BLECH!!!  I had such high hopes for these photos.  And I could have sworn I platered a big, fat smile on the face every time I saw a photographer....sometimes even giving them a thumbs up or a fist pump.
2009-07-29 9:29 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Well the workout gods tried to get me to stop again Monday but i went ahead and ran in the rain. Then the lightening starting to really hit so I let them have that round.

Was away from the computer all day yesterday so didnt get to post any workouts till just now.

Also the wife put up the Float trip pics we had on her facebook if you want to check them out.

Kelli your wish shall be granted at your next race. I would make the same wish but the cameraman only has so much to work with.

2009-07-29 9:38 AM
in reply to: #2313442

User image

KelliD - 2009-07-28 3:26 PM I've just decided my birthday wish for this year.  Once, just once, I would love to have a nice race photo!!  The official photos from Sunday's race were posted.  BLECH!!!  I had such high hopes for these photos.  And I could have sworn I platered a big, fat smile on the face every time I saw a photographer....sometimes even giving them a thumbs up or a fist pump.

We will see what develops in October...  get it, develops... photo joke.  Dude, my dork is showing...

lol!  I am thinking we will get some great shots of you and EvD as y'all are flat haulin' it around the Austin course (or at least when you are close to Transistion)...complete of course with some pre & post-race pics! 

2009-07-29 2:01 PM
in reply to: #2314746

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Nice one Justin!

Oh believe me..someone is bound to get a good shot.  Here is the run down of spectators - my mom, step dad, eric's mom, step dad.  I'm not even including Todd, Justin and myself. 

And don't worry...Bonnie Tyler will be there too! Right Todd?

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-29 9:38 AM
KelliD - 2009-07-28 3:26 PM I've just decided my birthday wish for this year.  Once, just once, I would love to have a nice race photo!!  The official photos from Sunday's race were posted.  BLECH!!!  I had such high hopes for these photos.  And I could have sworn I platered a big, fat smile on the face every time I saw a photographer....sometimes even giving them a thumbs up or a fist pump.

We will see what develops in October...  get it, develops... photo joke.  Dude, my dork is showing...

lol!  I am thinking we will get some great shots of you and EvD as y'all are flat haulin' it around the Austin course (or at least when you are close to Transistion)...complete of course with some pre & post-race pics! 

2009-07-29 2:02 PM
in reply to: #2314720

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
I love running in the rain!  So much cooler!

Like the pics Todd. 

Newtons1st - 2009-07-29 9:29 AM Well the workout gods tried to get me to stop again Monday but i went ahead and ran in the rain. Then the lightening starting to really hit so I let them have that round.

Was away from the computer all day yesterday so didnt get to post any workouts till just now.

Also the wife put up the Float trip pics we had on her facebook if you want to check them out.

Kelli your wish shall be granted at your next race. I would make the same wish but the cameraman only has so much to work with.

2009-07-29 2:03 PM
in reply to: #2315522

User image

Master
New York, NY
WOW....so many people heading to Austin!!!!  I'll have my mom in tow with me as well.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-29 3:01 PM Nice one Justin!

Oh believe me..someone is bound to get a good shot.  Here is the run down of spectators - my mom, step dad, eric's mom, step dad.  I'm not even including Todd, Justin and myself. 

2009-07-29 2:04 PM
in reply to: #2315526

User image

Master
New York, NY
I was thinking the same thing earlier!  And good thing too, bc it's been downpouring all afternoon and I have some speed work on tap for later on.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-29 3:02 PM I love running in the rain!  So much cooler!

Like the pics Todd. 

Newtons1st - 2009-07-29 9:29 AM Well the workout gods tried to get me to stop again Monday but i went ahead and ran in the rain. Then the lightening starting to really hit so I let them have that round.

2009-07-29 2:28 PM
in reply to: #2315522

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Hells yeah blasting on my boombox!!!

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-29 2:01 PM Nice one Justin!

2009-07-29 2:31 PM
in reply to: #2315526

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I will try and tag everyone tonight so everyone else here can see them.

"Capturing the moment of capturing the moment" That is a good pic.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-29 2:02 PM I love running in the rain!  So much cooler!

Like the pics Todd. 

2009-07-29 2:41 PM

User image

Spied the pics... Note to self, Never sign up for a century on the weekend that there is a tubin' trip in the works!  Look liked allllll kinds of good times!  "The beautiful people, the beautiful people!" in my best MM impression...   The Comal looked packed...hadn't seen it that crowded in a while.
2009-07-29 4:05 PM
in reply to: #2308607

User image

Hey eric, just realized you had this mentor group going.  I am still learing how to get around the site.  I make it a habit to try checking out something new everyday.
I see your group is full, shucks, I'd love to join in the banter....I mean motivation and encouragement.

Wish I could make the clinic this weekend, prior engagements.   Maybe I'll just learn how to draft behind you....that will make me faster...lol.

2009-07-30 9:04 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I know the rain is all good but when I plan to run in the AM and bike in the PM and you wake up to major T-Storms it puts a hamper on your training plans. I actaully got up and was ready to run. Not normal for me in the am. So i guess that means to cram it all in tonight. 

My twins head back today to thier moms for the rest of the summer. Sort of a sad day at the house hold. I get used to having them here.

Edited by Newtons1st 2009-07-30 9:04 AM
2009-07-30 9:08 AM
in reply to: #2316936

User image

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 9:04 AM I know the rain is all good but when I plan to run in the AM and bike in the PM and you wake up to major T-Storms it puts a hamper on your training plans. I actaully got up and was ready to run. Not normal for me in the am. So i guess that means to cram it all in tonight. 

My twins head back today to thier moms for the rest of the summer. Sort of a sad day at the house hold. I get used to having them here.

Double tough bro... becareful 'packing' it in in the evening.  Sometimes, in an effort to avoid 'overtraining', just drop the missed and go with the next planned.  But of course, I am the world's worst at following that advice ~ as I throw in an unplanned brick, on a hot evening after Eric kicked my A on the bike...

2009-07-30 9:12 AM
in reply to: #2315895

User image

martinez_aron - 2009-07-29 4:05 PM

Hey eric, just realized you had this mentor group going.  I am still learing how to get around the site.  I make it a habit to try checking out something new everyday.
I see your group is full, shucks, I'd love to join in the banter....I mean motivation and encouragement.

Wish I could make the clinic this weekend, prior engagements.   Maybe I'll just learn how to draft behind you....that will make me faster...lol.

Hey Aron... there should be room in this 'old' mentor group if you want to lurk.  We can always use healthy banter, questions, or encouragement.  Drafting off of Eric...yeah that would make you faster... problem is, being fast enough to stay in his slip stream/wake.  I'd be doing good to do that in a frickin' kayak!  pfft...Aquaman!  geeez...   I say share the speed!

2009-07-30 9:26 AM
in reply to: #2316936

User image

Master
Houston
I agree with Justin... If I were you I'd just run and drop the bike since run seems to be your weaker of the two.  If you feel you must do both... run first, bike second.

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 9:04 AM I know the rain is all good but when I plan to run in the AM and bike in the PM and you wake up to major T-Storms it puts a hamper on your training plans. I actaully got up and was ready to run. Not normal for me in the am. So i guess that means to cram it all in tonight. 

2009-07-30 9:38 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Thanks guys for the info. I knew I should talk with the vets first. I will drop the bike and just run. I have it set up to get a bike fit on Saturday. So I will post you some befores and afters.
2009-07-30 9:41 AM
in reply to: #2316974

User image

Master
Houston
x2 Welcome!
I'm more than happy to help out where I can and everyone can use more encouragement

Some informal introductions...
Newtons1st - Todd - Bonnie Tyler listener - shooting for an Olympic in Oct and of course Longhorn 70.3 2010!

KelliD - Kelli - Our northern FOP swimmer - Timberman 70.3 around the corner in Aug and Longhorn 70.3 in Oct

Trin2bfast - Justin - Soon-to-be-IRONMAN - IMFL in Nov! He was out at 288 and I believe you guys met...

Betsy0706 - Betsy - My fiance... a runner with a biking and soon-to-be swimming addiction - Bridgeland is the last race of her season then training starts for Longhorn 2010!

Nicole83 - Nicole - MIA, married to KungFuKitty (KFK) - Hoping she comes back to the group soon!

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 9:12 AM

Hey Aron... there should be room in this 'old' mentor group if you want to lurk.  We can always use healthy banter, questions, or encouragement.  Drafting off of Eric...yeah that would make you faster... problem is, being fast enough to stay in his slip stream/wake.  I'd be doing good to do that in a frickin' kayak!  pfft...Aquaman!  geeez...   I say share the speed!

2009-07-30 9:45 AM

User image

What an intro Mentor Leader... lmao!   You make the group seem so accomplished...

Oh where, oh where has Nicole ran off too?  (Snoopy come home!)  She must be enjoying her new 'upscale' pad way too much, that she can't at least come out and say 'What Up?'

2009-07-30 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2317087

User image

Master
New York, NY
What they said.  If I happen to miss a workout.  I like to think I can find a way to somehow fit it back in the mix.....99% of the time I get veto'd on this. 

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 10:38 AM Thanks guys for the info. I knew I should talk with the vets first. I will drop the bike and just run. I have it set up to get a bike fit on Saturday. So I will post you some befores and afters.
2009-07-30 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2317118

User image

Master
Houston
She probably moved to the other side of the tracks and can't associate with us anymore

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 9:45 AM What an intro Mentor Leader... lmao!   You make the group seem so accomplished...

Oh where, oh where has Nicole ran off too?  (Snoopy come home!She must be enjoying her new 'upscale' pad way too much, that she can't at least come out and say 'What Up?'

2009-07-30 9:55 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Do you guys ever feel this way / is this normal?  Lately I feel especially tired and want to sleep all the time.  I've been going to bed earlier which has made gettier up at the crack of stupid slightly easier.  But, I'm also finding the more sleep I get, the more I want!  I AM a social person....I love going out with my friends and I miss going out with them.  But when given the chance to go out I feel like I practically have to force myself out...rather than sitting on the couch and going to bed early.
2009-07-30 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2316974

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I think he is hoarding the speed juice.

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 9:12 AM

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137