BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2012-03-01 9:14 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

Well I weighed in yesterday and am down another 1.8! Total of 11.8 since the beginning of January. Not too shabby. I have not made any of my workouts this week. I got a really bad sinus infection on Tuesday and have been sooo extremely tired. So i have been taking it easy.

Meg-Great job on the weight loss!

pete-sounds like you had a nice vaca!

Erica-hang in there!

2012-03-01 10:15 AM
in reply to: #4070504

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-02-28 10:38 AM

Tu: group ride

W: run

Th: swim

F: bike

Sa: run

Su: bike

Glad you had a good time on your vacation Pete.  Gotta work on that GF and her sunscreen application skills!   Good to hear about the job, keep us updated and hope it goes well.

Nice work, Debbie.  Those pounds keep shedding off.  What was your goal?

Ok, I am over my weekend guilt.  Got a good ride in Tue and run in yesterday.  Today is a swim.  I've been eating better, trying to take in more calories, and it seems to be helping. 

Happy Thursday!

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-01 5:35 PM
2012-03-02 8:20 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I just had to come on and say I had a really good swim last night.  Just wanted to see where my swim fitness was as I hadn't been doing much of it lately.  I did 1800y straight and did it in a 1:53/100 pace.  Really happy with that time.  I checked my record for that distance and my record pace was 1:50 (2yrs ago), so I am not that far away.  I feel like I could go out and do that HIM swim and be in good shape, especially since I will be in a wetsuit.

So, tell me something (training or not) you want to brag about?

Happy Friday!

ps - I just officially signed up for the HIM.  No turning back now!

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-02 8:30 AM
2012-03-02 11:04 AM
in reply to: #4076707

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

That is great Tim! and Wuhoo for signing up for the HIM, it is amazing how real that makes it, and yes no turning back now, only moving forward!!

I don't have anything to brag about, but I will keep it in mind and see if I can think of anything:-)

chichitao - 2012-03-02 6:20 AM

I just had to come on and say I had a really good swim last night.  Just wanted to see where my swim fitness was as I hadn't been doing much of it lately.  I did 1800y straight and did it in a 1:53/100 pace.  Really happy with that time.  I checked my record for that distance and my record pace was 1:50 (2yrs ago), so I am not that far away.  I feel like I could go out and do that HIM swim and be in good shape, especially since I will be in a wetsuit.

So, tell me something (training or not) you want to brag about?

Happy Friday!

ps - I just officially signed up for the HIM.  No turning back now!

2012-03-02 11:09 AM
in reply to: #4072531

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

corstan - 2012-02-27 7:54 AM

This week I have:

Monday: spin

Tuesday: run / swim

Wed: spin & martini's, decided that I needed a real rest day, had a good time with my running friends at the pub!

Thursday: Run / swim Didn't do my run last night because I was having some very bad stomach cramps, was worried I was going to miss my swim as well, but the cramps passed eventually and I was good to go for swimming, it was the first swim since being sick that I felt good doing!

Friday : Track

Saturday: swim, bike, run, short sessions 30-1-30

Sunday: run

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2012-03-02 12:33 PM

User image

Veteran

Thanks Erica! My goal is to be at 150 again. I am at 171 right now. My next goal is to hit the 20 lb mark and I am going to chop my hair and donate it! It is driving me batty, but it is good motivation for me.

Let's see, something to brag about! My sweet Stella! I just can't get enough of her and she is one awesome sleeper!!! She is such a good baby and I don't know what I would do if she wasn't!!! I am one blessed mom!

2012-03-02 1:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC

Hey guys, here I am, twice in one week! Hard to believe, I know.

I just wanted to come brag a little bit, since that's what seems to be going on. I've lost a fair bit of weight myself, about 8 lbs since New Years. I'm down to close to 195lbs, which is well on the way to where I want to be. My new found diet really does seem to be working. I've also been pretty good about working out, too, so that helps. 

Also, I just signed up for a Gold account here. Promo codes are awesome! I now have a training plan for my HIM all uploaded to my blog here. I'll put it up on my actual blog later on

Glad to see everyone here is doing well!

2012-03-02 3:02 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
 I did my bragging at the beginning of the week!  I don't have much right now.  I survived my nerve testing yesterday and just waiting on the results.  My right hand and fingers are currently ice cold and numb while my left hand is fine.  It is quite bizarre.
2012-03-04 7:28 PM
in reply to: #4074929

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-02-28 10:38 AM

Tu: group ride

W: run

Th: swim

F: bike

Sa: run

Su: run did another run and moved my bike to tomorrow as I didn't have time to get the long ride in today

Good thing about guilt last week helped me to really focus and get all my workouts in this week!

ps - this was my first real back to back run, did 5mi both times within 24hrs, and had no problems with my prior knee issue at all.  pretty excited about that.  i was afraid that it would become an issue this year as I ramped up the training, but so far so good.

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-04 7:37 PM
2012-03-04 7:34 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Sandra, I bet a few words on that awesome new bike would suffice!

Debbie, the weight loss is looking good and donating your hair on top of that is just really cool.  My wife did the same type of thing last year and it really helped keep her motivated.  Got a new short cute haircut at the end to boot!

Meggan, any news from the doc?  Numbness doesn't sound cool at all.  But you are still doing awesome with the workouts and weight loss!

Pete, you too with the weight loss.  We are all just a bunch of big losers this year!  Great work!

Well, hope everyone has a good week.  I'll be posting my weekly workouts tomorrow probably.  So for a new topic this week, anyone watching anything cool or have any new shows they are really liking this year? 

2012-03-05 10:03 AM
in reply to: #4077129

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

It was a good week, first one where I have been feeling back to normal after being sick for so long.  Hoping this week will be better!

corstan - 2012-02-27 7:54 AM

This week I have:

Monday: spin

Tuesday: run / swim

Wed: spin & martini's, decided that I needed a real rest day, had a good time with my running friends at the pub!

Thursday: Run / swim Didn't do my run last night because I was having some very bad stomach cramps, was worried I was going to miss my swim as well, but the cramps passed eventually and I was good to go for swimming, it was the first swim since being sick that I felt good doing!

Friday : Track

Saturday: swim, bike, run, short sessions 30-1-30

Sunday: run

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2012-03-05 10:15 AM
in reply to: #4079986

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Well yes the bike is pretty awesome, really looking forward to some nicer weather here so I can get her out on the road!

Awsome on the back to back runs Tim, must have been a huge relief not to feel that knee pain!

As for shows, loving the Walking Dead, can be a little bit gruesome at times, but I just look away, close my eyes it really keeps me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.  Also can't wait till Game of Thrones starts up again in April, love, love, love that show! On the lighter side of things, there is Modern Family, Happy Endings and of course The Big Bang Theory!

chichitao - 2012-03-04 5:34 PM

Sandra, I bet a few words on that awesome new bike would suffice!

Well, hope everyone has a good week.  I'll be posting my weekly workouts tomorrow probably.  So for a new topic this week, anyone watching anything cool or have any new shows they are really liking this year? 

2012-03-06 10:37 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I've been liking The Firm.  I'm a big Grisham fan and it has been entertaining.  I don't have HBO, Showtime, or those extra cable channels so I've missed a lot of the good new shows.  I've also liked Alcatraz, which has some Fringe elements to it that I like.

Here are my workouts this week:

Tu - group ride

W - long run

Th - bike

Fri - run and swim

Sa - bike

Su - run

I also need to practice a wetsuit OWS at some point this weekend, as I have a sprint race on the 18th that is OWS.

2012-03-06 12:02 PM

User image

Expert

Hey guys - just popping my head in to say hi!  Everyone seems to be having a great start to this season.

Tim - Glad to see your knee is getting better and awesome work lately.  That HIM race is coming up soon!  How are you feeling about your overall training?  Good call on the TV shows those are the same two shows I have made a point to watch and Tivo.

Sandra - I feel your pain with being sick.  Glad you are feeling better.  went 6 weeks before I could convince my doc to give me antibiotics - then presto - 3 days later I am fine.

Pete - Good luck on the job - hope it come thru for you.  I might have to read that book.  That was a great quote from it and I might steal it-haa

Meggan - Hope everything is ok with the nerve testing you did.  Workouts are looking good.

Debbie - Nice job on the weight loss!  Keep up the good work and glad to see you back at it.  My wife is trying to get back in the swing of things and is dragging a little bit but with me being so busy I am not much of a help with baby and kids so she is ready to kill me haha.

Erica - good to see that you are back out walking and biking just take it easy on that knee and don't push too hard but I am sure you know that -haha.

I am on week 4 of my IM plan and just starting to get into a nice flow.  I am having to get about 75% of my workouts done in the AM so I have been getting up at 4:30am almost every day.  I decided to go with the Fink IronFit Intermediate Plan and am loving it.  It is designed for time crunched people and I highly suggest it if anyone is ever looking for a good plan.

I am starting to get caught up in life a little so I will try to stick my head in a little more often.

Edited by tmoran80 2012-03-07 7:37 AM
2012-03-06 1:45 PM
in reply to: #4082944

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

T2: nice to see you pop in

Erica: how are you making out with your busy March?  Don't forget to take a few deep breathes occasionally as I'm sure you are fully overwhelmed, but you can do it!

My scheduled workouts for the week

Monday: Spin

Tuesday: Bike , Swim

Wednesday: Bike/Run, looked at my plan and I had moved my run for tonight to tomorrow, so I could catch up with a friend, just forgot to remove it from my Wednesday plan.

Thursday: Run & Swim

Friday: Track

Saturday: Run, Bike, Swim, reverse tri

Sunday: long run

Edited by corstan 2012-03-08 9:53 AM
2012-03-07 10:17 AM
in reply to: #4082744

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-03-06 10:37 AM

Tu - group ride

W - long run (might even get a swim in after if I have time)

Th - bike

Fri - run and swim

Sa - bike

Su - run

I also need to practice a wetsuit OWS at some point this weekend, as I have a sprint race on the 18th that is OWS.

2012-03-07 10:39 AM

User image

Veteran

Well it is Weigh in Wednesday for me. I am down 1.2 for a total of 13 lbs lost so far. It is going really good!

I  wogged (walked/jogged) yesterday for the first time in a while. We had GOTR practice and I just had to do something besides walk. It wasn't too bad, but after the 35 min. of that i was starting to hurt. I did sleep okay, which is really when I can tell if I overdid something, so that is a huge plus!!! I go back to the PT tomorrow.

Some of the shows that we are into would be Idol, Grey's and Private Practice. My guilty pleasure is Vampire Diaries, yes go ahead and laugh!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

2012-03-07 8:34 PM
in reply to: #4084644

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Tu - group ride

W - long run (9mi done!)

Th - easy bike

Fri - run and swim

Sa - long bike

Su - run

2012-03-08 6:30 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Trying to catch up...

I don't know what I can brag about, except for the fact that I will be a licensed attorney in just 2 months!  And honestly, I believe I'll be a darn good one.  Also, my cousin (who is extremely well-versed in sports issues, as well) and I are going to start a sports blog together, talking mostly about current issues in sports.  We're hopefully going to get it off the ground in the next couple weeks.  So if you guys have any ideas for names, or want to help us create a website, I'd love to hear it!

Shows? Ummm...we watch a lot of tv.  Parenthood is my favorite, but we watch Biggest Loser, The Office, Big Bang Theory, and Law and Order SVU.  We've been watching Smash this season, but I haven't made a verdict on it yet.  I just like watching the singing and dancing.

So, as you guys know, I've been super busy, and the work just keeps piling up.  All my stuff for today is finished, but I heard from a friend who takes an earlier section of one of my courses that I'll get even more work this afternoon from the prof.  Awesome.  Luckily, we're going to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday through Thursday with my parents, and I'm not bringing any books except my Ethics exam study book.  I'm hoping not to do anything over break except study because that test is on the 17th.  Basically, this test tells states whether I'm ethical enough to be an attorney.  So, the plan is to sit on the beach and study, and maybe drink a few margaritas.

On a bright note though, Ryan had a phone interview last Friday with a company in Portland, and got a call yesterday saying they want him to fly out there to interview on-site!  He'll head out there in a few weeks.  Fingers crossed.

OH, and my knee still hurts.  I'm going to cut out biking again because it just gets too sore doing it.  My PT has been doing some pain relieving things in the hopes it'll feel better because I will likely not be able to run next month if there's any pain.  

Ok, I have to go get more work done!  I'll try to check in more later!  Happy early weekend all!

2012-03-09 1:10 PM
in reply to: #4085772

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Tu - group ride

W - long run (9mi done!)

Th - easy bike

Fri - 12oz curls Innocent

Sa - long bike

Su - run

We suddenly developed Vancouver weather down here!   Nothing but 45 degrees, rain, lightning, hail, and wind from today until Sun.  Happy we are getting rain, but it is throwing off my workouts.  Weekend schedule is all up in the air now and might be a lot of last minute shuffling.  Will be swimming today if no lightning, if there is then a treadmill run at the gym.  Decided to use this day as a day off.  Had 10 straight days of good workouts and got asked to go to a happy hour so will be enjoying that instead.

Glad to see you keeping your head above water Erica.  I can't believe it is just 2 months away now, and I will be sending good vibes Ryan's way for the interview.  Sorry to hear about the knee though, but let it heal and you'll be as good as new.  And have a great vacation!  Just make sure Ryan can apply sunscreen better than Pete's g/f!  

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-09 5:21 PM
2012-03-11 12:10 PM
in reply to: #4088903

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Tu - group ride

W - long run (9mi done!)

Th - easy bike

Fri - 12oz curls Innocent

Sa - run

Su - long bike (and done!)

I swapped my Sa/Sun bike and run.  Got my run in the rain yesterday and today the sun has now come out and just waiting for the roads to try up a bit before I go ride.

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-11 9:53 PM

2012-03-12 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4083277

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
corstan - 2012-03-06 11:45 AM

Monday: Spin

Tuesday: Bike , Swim

Wednesday: Bike/Run, looked at my plan and I had moved my run for tonight to tomorrow, so I could catch up with a friend, just forgot to remove it from my Wednesday plan.

Thursday: Run & Swim

Friday: Track - cancelled for good until June, one less thing for me to organize in my life.  A friend will be doing strictly speed training there starting this Friday, but I will be keeping friday as my Day Off as my HIM schedule states.

Saturday: Run, Bike, Swim, reverse tri.  Felt awesome from beginning to end!

Sunday: Long run:  Correction, no run was on the schedule, did my 1 hr ride, see my log for how I feel much more confident in my bike because of this ride.

Edited by corstan 2012-03-12 12:38 PM
2012-03-12 1:03 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Ha, nothing like a little computer error to throw you off.  Glad the new 310 is working well for you and got your spirits (and your speed) up.  And nice work on the reverse tri.
2012-03-12 3:43 PM
in reply to: #4092377

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

No kidding, I was getting a little concerned about how slow I was and kept thinking, how on earth did I lose that much bike fitness! I have been spinning and on the trainer for weeks now and though I was seeing a difference it was still no where near my speed on the trainer a year ago and I had a fancy new bike! Such a relief!!

chichitao - 2012-03-12 11:03 AM Ha, nothing like a little computer error to throw you off.  Glad the new 310 is working well for you and got your spirits (and your speed) up.  And nice work on the reverse tri.

2012-03-13 7:59 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

This week's schedule:

M: run and swim

Tu: group bike

W: long run

Th: group bike

F: run and swim

Sa: day off or might split my Fri run in half and do the other half today

Su: Sprint Tri down near Houston (will be leaving Sat morning and staying overnight)

So how was everyone's weekend.  I must admit, I had a good one.  Got in a couple of good runs, a good swim, and got the tri bike off the trainer and out for a 32mi ride.  I ate very well and should be down about 3lbs from last week.

I've got a short tri coming up this Sun.  It's about 3.5hrs away but was the only early season tri I could find that had an open water swim.  I wanted to practice with my wetsuit in a race situation as my HIM will be wetsuit legal.  Anyway, I'll be leaving Sat morning so I can make packet pickup then will just crash at a hotel less than a mile from the start.  Will probably go check out the race route.

Happy Tuesday!

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-13 8:06 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103