Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Why does abortion scare so many in the US? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2009-01-18 10:58 AM
in reply to: #1914400

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2009-01-18 11:34 AM
in reply to: #1913101

Expert
Denver Area
Subject: RE: Why does abortion scare so many in the US?

BigDH - 2009-01-16 4:29 PM eeek, Abortion scares me because it is used as birth control. I am going to say that it is used primarily by the irresponsible. It is a drain on resources. It is another example of the quick fixes everyone expects in the world, that you can "choose" your way out of the consequences of previous choices. Abortion scares me because although I am pro-life and believe that a fetus is every bit as valuable as a living person, for some reason, I do not equate abortion to murder, which would logically follow. I certainly do not think of my pro-choice friends as supporters of genicide and I do not quite understand why. Abortion scares me because it cheapens the value of existing. It puts a potential life into the hands of another with absolutly no state interference which is not consistant with how children are treated after they are born. Abortion scares me because therefore but the grace of God go any of us, mother or fetus. Abortion scares me because at some point in time, WE WERE ALL A FETUS. Does anyone think their mother made the wrong choice?

I think, A VERY good answer overall. 

2009-01-18 11:42 AM
in reply to: #1913452

Expert
Denver Area
Subject: RE: Why does abortion scare so many in the US?

Not obviously.  I have two children. I'm simply against of government ban forced on female body. It should be a personal decision.

I think the federal gov't should not be involved with purely social, intensely personal situations.

When They're busy telling us what we CAN do, by default They'll--- eventually if not already---begin telling us what we CAN'T do. A slippery slope to licensing/designating people to have children at all.  (Here we come 1984!)

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Why does abortion scare so many in the US? Rss Feed  

of 7