General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just finished my first HIM, horrible run time Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-07-06 1:45 PM
in reply to: #4297598

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Just finished my first HIM, horrible run time

KSH - 2012-07-06 2:35 PM
Tracyaa - 2012-07-02 1:19 PM First HIM. Generally happy with performance except for run. Followed 20 wk training program, but a combo of wind heat and hills did me in. Found another HIM to do 8 wks from now as a "re-do" of sorts, is that wise? Doable? How do I continue training, and where do I focus?
Wish you had something in your training logs so I could analyze your training for this race... and then give you an educated answer to your question.....

She did provide this:

Thanks for all your feedback! Just some brief background.... Long time swimmer, started with sprint races to get in shape after having my daughter 11 yrs ago. I have slowly been raising the bar. Last few years I added HM's, and a few century rides with my husband. Thought I could now tackle HIM. Followed Matt Fitzgeralds program as much as possible. Kept true to lengths and numbers of workouts... Sometimes had trouble with incorporating speed intervals etc. If I do the Big George HIM in Sept, I wonder if I should dial back to week 8 of the program or go back further and take fewer weeks out of each phase, or maybe just really work on bike pacing esp on brick days.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just finished my first HIM, horrible run time Rss Feed  

of 2