Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 133

2024-08-16 10:26 AM
in reply to: robertChiefsFan

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Andrew - 1) agree on the break between running days. My plan has me doing at least 1, if not 2 days between each run as I work up. I'm still getting very slowly into it, but definitely spacing everything out.
2) re: breathing on both sides, I completely agree! That's another battle I have with him. He basically says, always breathe to one "wall," so one way it's all left, the other it's all right. I personally struggle with my right and would rather go back and forth than have one whole lap breathing to one side. It's all strange...lol
3) sorry to hear about the tendonitis, but so glad you caught it early and already have a plan! Similar to Robert's situation, would you be able to do a shorter run (10K or half) instead of the marathon? Great news that you can still bike too!

Gretchen - Oh no! What a terrible start to your trip! I'm so glad they were able to get you in somewhere, but that sounds like a nightmare! I also didn't realize how close together your races were, but can't wait to hear more stories (hopefully less nightmarish and more just your typical Gretchen hilarity).

Robert - Keep trucking along! Hope those exercises help and your achilles stops being such a PITA!

2024-08-16 10:29 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Had vball league Tuesday night, which was awesome as usual. It's in the park near my house, so very convenient and we get to play as long as we want, so we basically play until the sun goes down. I'm clearly increasing my fitness b/c I can actually walk and have energy after now

Got in a 30 minute run yesterday. Not really focused on time or distance, just easy runs (still doing 3 min run/1 min walk) and making sure my hip feels good. I've had some slight soreness, but nothing terrible.

Cleaned all morning before work today b/c I'm working from home and when my space is messy, so is my brain. Feels good to have a clean house, and now I'm done with meetings so the rest of the day I will just be cranking work (after checking in with you guys of course!).

Busy weekend ahead, with a dinner tonight to meet my friends boyfriend (it's actually crazy I haven't met him yet), swimming tomorrow morning followed by 3 birthday parties (no joke) and then hopefully an adulting day on Sunday after some SUP in the AM. Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend planned!
2024-08-16 12:08 PM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

@Nicole - I totally get the clean office / clean mind thing. We just deep cleaned my home office (I work from home full time-ish), and we decluttered a lot of it, and it feels so clean and organized again!

Strength Training at the gym today, with two new core exercises. One I love, the other...maybe I'll grow to appreciate it.
- Pelloff Cable/Band press. This is a really good anti-rotation core exercise and was actually quite harder than I anticipated
- Copenhagen side planks - these just plain suck, but I can see the benefits

Some good news with my Achilles - I jogged for 5 minutes on the treadmill today as my warmup before lifting, and it felt fine. No tightness or anything. Another week of rest and then we'll see.

Anywho. We'll be having a game night at our house tonight with some of our college aged kids (my wife and I are the older youth/college age youth leaders for our church). Open Water swim tomorrow morning at the race site, then hanging out with the family. Quiet weekend otherwise here.
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 133

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 1013 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland