General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago tri Club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-03 11:23 PM

Chicago
Subject: Chicago tri Club
Im new to the sport and am thinking about signing up with CTC.  Does anyone have any feed back.  Pros and cons are welcomed.  I am definately what you would call a beginner.  Just looking for a club with a great group of people to learn from and enjoy the company.

2011-03-04 9:11 AM
in reply to: #3382105

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: Chicago tri Club
CTC has a specific group within the main club that is dedicated to beginners, I can put you in touch with the contact person. The program is part of your normal dues....

I've served on a few committees over the years. Been a member since 2006 or 2005....awhile.

A vary large group (500 or so) but then you have maybe <200 "active members" you tend to see the same people at the meetings and events. I'm guessing lots of people just join for the discounts....

2011-03-05 2:17 AM

Chicago

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Michael

2011-03-05 8:58 AM
in reply to: #3383699

User image

Veteran

I just joined this year and am really looking forward to getting to know some other triathletes.  Their "newbie" program is kicking off with a social/clinic at Get A Grip Cycles next Thursday, March 10.  Already, there are 3 or 4 events scheduled for the next few weeks that look pretty good.  The idea is to help us newbies train for the Bigfoot Tri in June. 

I'd go to their website and poke around.  It has good information, and details on the events.  www.chicagotriclub.com   

2011-03-07 11:51 AM

Just joined the club.  Wish I had known about it before registering for my sprint race, which happens to be on the same date as the Bigfoot race. C'est la vie

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago tri Club Rss Feed